Gong Corner Guesthouse 1 Reviews

jln mataram 21x, Bali, Kuta, Indonesia

Very disappointed in my stay here!! Pre booked & on arrival they told me they were fully booked & I was to stay at their 2nd hostel. I should have been informed of this before my arrival. I had a transfer already booked to pick me up from the hostel I was meant to stay at. After telling gong many times to tell the driver to come to the 2nd one & they told the driver I had checked out! So I missed my transfer after I had waited 3hrs & had to waste money in getting a taxi to the pier.

• 4th Feb 2016

No locks on the bathroom door, wifi wasn't brilliant. Most of the staff couldn't speak English so it was difficult to communicate.

Only stayed one night, so didn't get to explore much around it. Was good for one night.

It's a bit of a walk to the beach and to the dance clubs, but it's a nice entertaining walk so it's ok. You can ask locals to take you around in their motor bikes for very cheap. The rooms are nice & clean (I stayed in a private double) with AC & hot water. The common area is like a little cafeteria with tables & chairs where you can enjoy free breakfast in the morning (they don't serve lunch or dinner). There's wifi in the common area but not in the rooms and it's not very reliable. Nice staff.

Cheap and cheerful hostel in the heart of Kuta, could do with a bit of TLC but for $7 a night you can hardly complain. Free breakfast and lots of cheap Indonesian places close by, about 15 mins walk to Kuta beach too. Great staff, apart from the night shift guy, who would come into your room and turn on all the lights whenever he had a late check in, not what you need at 3am after surfing all day

This hostel is a good value for money. With about 7 australian dollars you get a bed in a room with air conditioning and hot water plus breakfast. I tried more than one room and some beds are comfortable, some not very but decent enough. You cannot close the bedroom's door with a key. Doors are always open which I didn't particularly like. However there are few lockers (not enough perhaps) and it seems quite safe anyway. Floors always clean but I cannot say the same about the sink.

• 6th Nov 2015

For the price you pay you can't expect much. My stay was comfortable. If you're looking for a cheap place to sleep and re-coup whilst you're partying hard in Kuta then look no further.

Wifi only available at lobby but running well speed. My rooom shower unusable and the water sync was slowly run, i'm shower like in the flood. Bfast are nice for backpackers style its variable choice. Some bed matress already old and weak will hurts ur backbone when sleeping.

Staff really helpful

It's ok no bad but not the best.

Five minutes to the main drag and ten to the beach but worth the walk Staff friendly but advice limited. Best feature other guests who were friendlier than most, especially for Kuta. Sometimes no hot water, none at all late at night but minor inconvenience. I would stay again. Good value for money generally.Breakfast average.

View all Kuta Bed and Breakfasts