Gongkaew Chiangmai Home Reviews

5/2 Singharath Soi 3 Tumbol Sriphoom, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This place is amazing. Great area for hanging out in the courtyard. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Located in the old city, nearby all the major attractions in Chiang Mai.

• 16th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

An absolutely unreal hostel! The staff is fantastic and the location is perfect! Definitely check out the riverside bar & restaurant, the local vibe is wicked!

Beds are hard and there's a rooster. Otherwise the hostel is fantastic.

This place is amazing.. Right behind the wat and walking distance to the night bazaar. They have all day tea coffee and toast with home made jam and butter for free. Beautiful garden with a lot of information for tourists.

We stayed in a three bed private room. It was extremely clean and came with its own ensuite washroom. The location is great and the staff are some of the friendliest we've encountered. We rented scooters from them without a problem as well.I would highly recommend this place to anyone staying in Chiang Mai.

Great location,central but quiet at night. The outside lounge area with big sofas,swing and tables is a big plusplus and we could organize our cooking school course and Muai Thai show at reception. Coffee,tea and toast (jam/butter) is available. The front gate is closed at 20h and you need the key to get in,really safe. Lots of toilets and showers,which were really clean! Would stay again! Only the people staying didnt interact much.

Centrally located in the old town of Chiang Mai. Very clean hostel with a nice garden. A small breakfast, tea and coffee are included. I would definitely come back!

Great place to stay for anyone the staff are real friendly and helpful

The staff weren't exceptionally friendly. They seemed to just want the money and didn't care too much about the people there. The bathroom and shower facilities were very unwelcoming. They were outdoors and roughly sprayed down, but didn't feel clean/nice enough for me to want to shower. The dorm beds and sheets were nice though, as was the common area. Though the price was good, I will definitely not book again.

Great staff! Offer the special pick up service in the midnight and take me by bycicle to show me the road to another hostel!

We travel in a group of four. By far the best place we have stayed. Staff was super friendly and willing to help with anything and everything. If I ever go back to Chiang Mai I would for sure stay again. Coffee, tea and toast 24/7, fridge is always open and filled with coke and beer, if they aren't there to pay you just take it and give them the money the next morning. GREAT!

Friendly staff, good location. Very hulled environment

Great place to stay with a homely atmosphere. Good social area with beverage sales, made some great friends here in only one night. Very friendly helpful staff, private rooms are HUGE with good modern facilities.

Really enjoyed my stay here. Lovely place, nice staff, relaxed atmosphere. The free tea, coffee and toast is a big positive. I would definately recommend Gongkaew to a friend.

Stayed for two nights - our first room was a double, which was lovely. Our second room was a twin, with a shower that didn't work, a toilet that didn't flush, only one plug/outlet and apparently a problem with ants. Owner was lovely, but failed to book us a taxi once we had checked out, which was frustrating. Location was okay, with some nice restaurants nearby. Overall slightly disappointing - we were charged more for the second (worse) room, so would not return.

不是特别推荐,房间不干净,老板人也不太好

Really nice hostel, nice and quite, nice big room, bed a bird hard but I know this is common in SE Asia. All in all we enjoyed our stay here and would stay here again.

• 29th Mar 2015

Nice stay here. Everything clean, communal area decent (wear mossy spray), rooms really nice with TV. Would stay again. A bit of a walk from main places, but only 10 mins. They sorted all tours and onward travel, very kind and helpful.

Lovely stay! Nothing to complain about! The deluxe double bed room was really comfortable for a hostel. Thank you very much for that!

A pretty decent hostel. English speaking staff, nice clean rooms, and half decent showers made for a good stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4