8.8
Fabulous 1,064 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 1,064 Total Reviews
Gongkaew Chiangmai Home Located at 5/2 Singharath Soi 3 Tumbol Sriphoom, Muang District, Chiang Mai.
Thailand
Chiang Mai Chiangmai 50200 5/2 Singharath Soi 3 Tumbol Sriphoom, Muang District
88% 1064
18.7927709 98.9804649
    Rooms available

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
11th Jun 2016

We really enjoyed our stay. Because it's a hostel sometimes it attracted the wrong people that make you nervous (evident by a brawl between a man and a women one night) but for the price and the owners I would always stay here when in Chiang Mai. Close to all locations in the old city and air conditioned rooms. The owners were amazing, they helped us book some last minute excursions and when a taxi didn't come pick us up for the airport they drove us themselves. Definitely a must stay place!

4th Jun 2016

They pretty much nailed it here. I stayed for two weeks by myself as a mental holiday. It took me a few days to get used to the geckos and frogs, but once I did it was exactly what I was looking for. My bungalow was standard and the international TV package was good. Wi-Fi was excellent - I was able to stream some shows and watch YouTube. The gem is the outdoor space. There is a large pavilion that serves as common space, which is cozy, includes a kitchen, and is always open!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
29th May 2016

This place was awesome. Friendly staff, very helpful, great location and the atmosphere was beautiful. The room was clean and air conditioning works very well. Complimentary toast, tea and coffee and fruit when available (mango tree on the property was dropping fruit on the daily). Great place to rent a motorcycle for the day too! We rented one the day before and asked to rent for an hour to and he let us use it at no additional charge! Fantastic people and I highly recommend this place.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
20th May 2016

If you are going to Chiang Mai this is a must stay location! This is my first backpacking trip and being here made me feel so much more comfortable. The staff are always friendly and can help with any problems you have. They are such amazing people. I 100% recommend this place. And as a bonus you get free toast and coffee 24/7

• USA, Female, 25-30
8th May 2016

Great find! The compounds are so peaceful with plenty of trees, a pond. The showers have hot water and cleaned regularly. The staff is so helpful. Beds in dorms are stiff but that's nothing compress to the value

• England, Couple, 18-24
27th Apr 2016
7.7

About a 20 minute walk to the main restaurants and bars. We stayed here two nights and the staff helped in any way they could. Lovely place for couples to relax. Very clean and had everything you need.

• Finland, Couple, 25-30
26th Apr 2016

We extended our two-night stay to five nights because we liked the guesthouse so much. It's super-clean, room is fresh and nicely decorated, simple but just all you need. The bathroom is also super-clean and new and in our opinion one of the nicest during our four months of travel. I personally like the cloth-towels, too. Location is good, inside the old city but not in the main backpacker-turist area, closer to Nimmanhaemin. Free toast is a nice touch. We really like it!

16th Apr 2016

I had a great stay in this guesthouse, that has a large garden with fruit plants and a pond with fishes. Even if it's pretty central, it feel like being in the countryside. Don't come here for partying but if you are looking for a quiet place for your stay. Staff is friendly and helpful, and they have jam and toast available all day. Recommended!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
13th Apr 2016

This hostel was suuuper nice, we had a private room for three of us with two big beds and an ensuite (very clean) bathroom with a balcony to boot. Toast and tea available at all times is a great bonus with breakfast available to buy. Casual drinking going on in the lobby with beers available to buy but pretty quiet. Best part was we had a flight booked the next day and one of the workers drove us to the airport for a really reasonable price. Would stay again for sure.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2016

Great place to stay. I have stayed here before and will stay again. Great central location but is tucked away down a long driveway and is very peaceful and quiet. I was in the deluxe room in the new two story building. The room was very nice but the queen bed was very hard. Request one of the rooms with the softer beds :)