Fabulous 1,106 Total Reviews
Fabulous 1,106 Total Reviews
Gongkaew Chiangmai Home Located at 5/2 Singharath Soi 3 Tumbol Sriphoom, Muang District, Chiang Mai.
Thailand
Chiang Mai Chiangmai 50200 5/2 Singharath Soi 3 Tumbol Sriphoom, Muang District
89% 1106
18.7927709 98.9804649
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Couple, 18-24
13th Sep 2016

The outside area of the hostel is a great place to relax or socialise. Rooms are basic but clean and nice and have everything you need including en suite. We liked it so much we extended our stay twice. All staff were friendly and helpful when it came to booking train tickets etc. One of my favourite hostels I've stayed in!!

• risadahler
  • USA, All Female Group, 25-30
13th Sep 2016
7.4

The most uncomfortable bed I have EVER tired to sleep. Payed three nights would not refund! I thought was on funnest home video. I had to upgrade my room just to have a x bed to use all the pillows but the staff then asked me to not touch it as it was only me in a three person bed. I asked if I pay for the whole room they said yes. I dropped my things went to explore. 5 ppl in my room private room fixing sink. Why was I put in there? Misquots,gecko,ants and cockroach!WORST stay! Ruined chaingmi

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
11th Sep 2016
8.0

This place is great value for money! Cooked breakfast is included, along with free tea/coffee and toast! Lovely common area, when my husband and I stayed there weren't many people at all, but I'm sure when the season kicks off it will a great atmosphere. This hostel is in a quiet area, a 10 min drive to the night bazaar and markets, gorgeous organic cafe - The Birds Nest is right next door, have to go there! Bathroom was clean, room was clean. Couldn't complain!

7th Sep 2016

If you are looking for the best deal in Chiang Mai, then come here. Had great people in the dorms with. The breakfast is totally worth every penny, and the staff is incredibly nice and helpful. You are able to rent bikes or scooters and even order dinner here if you'd like. All food is homemade too! For the price, this quite oasis cant be beat. Beds weren't too bad and the rooms, COLD! Worth it. Ended up extending my stay quite a few days cause I liked it so much.

• ebyliu
  • China, Female, 18-24
3rd Sep 2016

The stuff was nice! I forgot to return my key when I checked out because of rushing. She let me return it by post and transferred me the money via bank account. The breakfast was included and abundant, even though I just paid a bed.

31st Aug 2016

We loved this place! The staff was very kind and we rented motorcycles. It is in the northwest part of the old town which is not far from the main entrance but far enough to not have the touristy feel. Around the block is a nice massage place and a few blocks away is a Thai restaurant called Jiang's fish ball. Didn't try the fish balls but the soups and pad Thai were delicious. Would definitely stay here again!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
27th Aug 2016
8.0

The Hostel is really nice! We Stayed in a smalltalk but comfortable 2 Bed bungalow And enjoyed the Big Chillout Area outside. Breakfast was also good, Toast And coffee is for free 24/7. We booked Twitter awesome Tours in the Hostel! Cooking class And elephant Sanctuary is definitely recommended

• s_kymjian9022
  • Canada, Female, 25-30
17th Aug 2016

I. Loved. This. Place. I didn't want to leave. Highly recommend. It's so close to everything yet so secluded from all the city noises. The only sounds you hear are the frogs at night. Beautiful common area with free toast and coffee any time of day. Breakfast is free and delicious. The staff are soooo helpful and nice. The rooms are air conditioned and clean. The bathrooms are clean too. I've stayed in so many hostels and this one is one of my favorites.

• USA, Male, 25-30
13th Aug 2016

Vibe: Great jungle atmosphere and well priced. Location: Nicely secluded and close to the old town wats. Not in the nightlife or backpacker part of town, but the seclusion is nice and close to a lot of sightseeing. +: The free tea, coffee, and toast where great.

• Ireland, All Female Group, 25-30
10th Aug 2016

Amazing stay here. The breakfast was brilliant and the chilled atmosphere was perfect.