Gongkaew Chiangmai Home Reviews

5/2 Singharath Soi 3 Tumbol Sriphoom, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

nice place, nice environment!

• 10th Nov 2014
  • China

We stayed here at the beginning and end of our trip and enjoyed it both times. Breakfast foods are available all day, which is great. Staff is great too.

It is still in the city walls but a little far out. Nothing close to eat or drink. But very friendly garden atmosphere and friendly and helpful staff. The rent scooters too which was very great. I would come back.

Awesome place to stay. Love the outdoor hang out area. Free coffee, tea and toast 24/7 is a bonus. Staff are really friendly and helpful. There are many toilets and showers for those staying in dorms. You might find a few ants, but you can get bug spray from the front desk. The main gate is locked at 11 pm. There's a 7/11 nearby. The Walking Street is only 10 minutes away. The night bazaar is a 40 min walk or 100 Baht cab ride. Definitely one of the best places to stay in Chiang Mai.

Family atmosphere, lot of facilities, beautifull garden, free cooffee, breads and jam. The common area is in the garden, to stay there you probably should use some mosquitos repelent. It was a nice and peaceful place, more to relax than to meet people maybe.

The staff is amazing, they let us use the bikes for free when we got in during the evening. It's a bit of a walk to the center and bazaars but doable. Staff gave great recommendations and we're very helpful. The room was nice ... Had a few ants and Mosquitos but just keep your door closed and they go away. The toilets don't flush well so don't put toilet paper in them!!!

• 16th Oct 2014

Toilette gets clogged a lot (toilette paper) Geckos and huge ants in the room However, the staff is really friendly and helpful

I love this nice place with a great garden.The staff are very nice. They are just like good friends. Thanks for their help. I hope come back to visit them soon. Sharon

• 8th Oct 2014
  • China

Great little spot with a nice open air social area. Very quiet and relaxing. I loved the private bungalow. Cute and cozy. Some tiny ants but not a big deal. The shower wasn't hot but warm. The staff is super nice. I had a nice relaxing stay.

the staff are really nice, we had wondful memory in there. The garden of hostel "Gongkaew Chiangmai Home" was impressive, have so many animal in the green land. If you come to travel, u have to stay here and enjoying the nice space!

Thank you so much for the beautiful location and the free breakfast jam and toast!

Very friendly and helpful staff!

• 23rd Sep 2014

Great stay- stayed 4nights instead of one

Very good hostel located in the old city of Chiang Mai. Staff is really friendly.

Had a good time here -- only problem was that the tuk tuk I booked for the airport didn't turn up so I had to jog for 2km to find another taxi at 530am

Strangely enough I am writing this review at the hostel! This is a great place to stay. You are a 30 min walk from the night bazaar but its worth it. The city is manic with horrible roads and sometimes horrible hostels. This one is like a little bubble of lovelines but still in the square. I'd give this hostel a go at least 1 night then make up your mind. I moved from one hostel to here and I am happy. If you just want to be close to attractions, try somewhere else first then here.

We stayed in the mixed dorm this time. It was clean and the facilities were good. The only downside is that the lockers are outside, so make sure to bring your own, very strong, lock! There was a theft the night we stayed there. We ended up coming back and getting a private room that time so that we felt a little more secure. I think the lockers would be totally fine if you have your own strong lock though! Overall, I would definitely recommend this hostel!

The dorm war very basic but clean. It's 20 minutes walking to the most sights, markets or restaurants. But the garden is great to hang out and meet people. The atmosphere is a little bit holidaycamp-like. There is always toast, jam, coffee and tea for free and they have a washingmachine. The staff is friendly, but the woman is very business-orientated, so for some things it's better to ask her man.

Third time I stayed here. Great guesthouse in the old centre with a nice lush garden where you can sit, relax and read a book or have a talk with other travelers.it's not at a main road so it is very quiet. It is about a 5 min walk from the main street where you can also find the sunday walking street market. Great atmosphere and a friendly helpfull staf. A home away from home!

Had a really lovely stay here and would want to stay longer if had the time. The staff were very helpful laid back and friendy. Loved the communal area which had hammocks and a good place to relax with complementary tea and coffee. The sounds of the crickets and frogs at night will be a sound I won't forget. Location wise was good as the road off the street had a lot of tuk tuks to get to places.