Gongkaew Chiangmai Home Reviews

5/2 Singharath Soi 3 Tumbol Sriphoom, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Toilette gets clogged a lot (toilette paper) Geckos and huge ants in the room However, the staff is really friendly and helpful

Great little spot with a nice open air social area. Very quiet and relaxing. I loved the private bungalow. Cute and cozy. Some tiny ants but not a big deal. The shower wasn't hot but warm. The staff is super nice. I had a nice relaxing stay.

the staff are really nice, we had wondful memory in there. The garden of hostel "Gongkaew Chiangmai Home" was impressive, have so many animal in the green land. If you come to travel, u have to stay here and enjoying the nice space!

Thank you so much for the beautiful location and the free breakfast jam and toast!

Very friendly and helpful staff!

• 23rd Sep 2014

Great stay- stayed 4nights instead of one

• 22nd Sep 2014

Very good hostel located in the old city of Chiang Mai. Staff is really friendly.

Had a good time here -- only problem was that the tuk tuk I booked for the airport didn't turn up so I had to jog for 2km to find another taxi at 530am

Strangely enough I am writing this review at the hostel! This is a great place to stay. You are a 30 min walk from the night bazaar but its worth it. The city is manic with horrible roads and sometimes horrible hostels. This one is like a little bubble of lovelines but still in the square. I'd give this hostel a go at least 1 night then make up your mind. I moved from one hostel to here and I am happy. If you just want to be close to attractions, try somewhere else first then here.

We stayed in the mixed dorm this time. It was clean and the facilities were good. The only downside is that the lockers are outside, so make sure to bring your own, very strong, lock! There was a theft the night we stayed there. We ended up coming back and getting a private room that time so that we felt a little more secure. I think the lockers would be totally fine if you have your own strong lock though! Overall, I would definitely recommend this hostel!

The dorm war very basic but clean. It's 20 minutes walking to the most sights, markets or restaurants. But the garden is great to hang out and meet people. The atmosphere is a little bit holidaycamp-like. There is always toast, jam, coffee and tea for free and they have a washingmachine. The staff is friendly, but the woman is very business-orientated, so for some things it's better to ask her man.

Third time I stayed here. Great guesthouse in the old centre with a nice lush garden where you can sit, relax and read a book or have a talk with other travelers.it's not at a main road so it is very quiet. It is about a 5 min walk from the main street where you can also find the sunday walking street market. Great atmosphere and a friendly helpfull staf. A home away from home!

Had a really lovely stay here and would want to stay longer if had the time. The staff were very helpful laid back and friendy. Loved the communal area which had hammocks and a good place to relax with complementary tea and coffee. The sounds of the crickets and frogs at night will be a sound I won't forget. Location wise was good as the road off the street had a lot of tuk tuks to get to places.

I loved this hostel. The rooms are basic, but clean. Felt very safe. The owners are very friendly, and are really passionate about the place which makes a massive difference. In the centre of the hostel is a large garden area with hammocks

Staff were very friendly, helpful and laid back. The hostel has a nice communal area good for socialising. It's a little way from the main tourist areas in Chiang Mai, but still in a nice area and it's not difficult to get around the city. Highly recommend.

loved this hostel, great garden area to hang out and meet people, rooms were super quiet and clean which was definitely a treat to come back to and sleep, good bathrooms too. Staff was absolutely lovely and very helpful- thank you! It felt like home to me after 5 nights here. Only con is that it isnt in the centre of old Chiang Mai, if you don't mind a 5-8 min scooter ride to the centre, then definitely book this hostel! p.s. this is not a party hostel, but I met some great people nonetheless.

The hostel was an amazing oasis within the moat walls.The facilities were clean, and I loved the outdoor lounge area. Tea, coffee and toast are available around the clock which proved useful in grabbing a bite before going on daily excursions. Having a washing machine available was also crucial for backpacking travelers. The only things to keep in mind is the showers are bathroom facilities are outdoors so you'll be showering with gekkos. I do suggest they put soap next to the bathroom sinks :)

Gob is the best hostel manager I've ever met! Keep up the good work honey!

The rooms didn't have lockers but the area seemed pretty safe anyway. It was quite a walk to the night market and bars but a really nice hostel. A chilled out atmosphere so it's a good place to relax. The staff were really helpful and booked all our tours and busses which was good.

1.very good location, it's convenient to go everywhere. 2.the staff is good. 3.it serves free toast and coffee, you can have a breakfast here. 4.there is a beautiful garden. sometimes an indian guest would sit at the table, close his eyes and lost in his thought. just enjoy the mornig glory.