Gongkaew Chiangmai Home Reviews

5/2 Singharath Soi 3 Tumbol Sriphoom, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

This is a really nice place to stay in Chiang Mai lovely and clean with a great atmosphere and a great communal area to chill out and meet people.Loved the free coffee and toast.Bit far away from Thapae Gate but nice quiet location.

really safe, clean and quite place!!! i wanna revisit here next time i visit Chiangmai

This place was amazing, like a little oasis but still right in the heart of Chiang Mai! Free toast and tea make you feel as if your robbing the place, having paid so little to stay in the first place. AC works great, wifi works from the rooms, staff are more than willing to help you with anything. Also nice that there is not a party scene at this hostel. You can party all night at Zoe and then come back to a quiet room when you're ready to sleep. Loved this place! Would suggest it to anyone!

Very nice quiet guesthouse in the old quarter. We rented a scooter to get around, which made it pretty convenient. Nice outdoor common area with computers and complimentary breakfast! They close and lock their gates every night at 8pm, very safe. They gave us a key for this gate too, so we could stay out as late as we wanted.

The place is nice, with garden and open concept in the common area. Toast, coffee and tea always available. The rooms were nice. Staff very helpful.

It was a really nice place to stay. Staff were friendly and helpful. Atmosphere relaxing. Very nice common area and garden. Bad things: insects because of the garden, and location could be better

No breakfast but the unlimited free teas and toast is way better!!! Staff are really friendly and great help at booking trips. The rooms are clean and air con works well. Really enjoyed my stay here. Wifi works well in the dorms too. It's not a party hostel but has a nice chilled atmosphere. It's about a 10/15 min walk from centre of town but this never bothered us.

Located away from the touristy part but still easily walkable. Unfortunately bathroom smelled like sewer gas. Nice outdoor common area. Free toast and coffee/tea!

Nothing bad to say about this place. Dorm rooms and bathrooms are very clean and seem like it's quite new. They were just paving the reception area. It has a big garden and it's in a quiet neighbourhood, so great location if you want to escape from the busy streets. In the common area they provide free coffee, tea and toast. Only critical note I can make is the location, which indeed is inside the moat but a bit far (20-25 min walking distance) from the city center (southeast) and the markets.

Plusses: Bungalowish look, free coffee

Our stay was ok. Little expensive because the shouwer was a bit smelley. But the cleaned every day and gave a fresh bottle of water each day.

• 7th Feb 2014

Stayed in a 8 bed dorm, had good wifi and with enough powerpoints, the showers were alright but the drains did get blocked up abit sometimes, was a decent hostel with a courtyard in a pretty good location in the upper westside of the city square and within walking distance to the action.

the lockers are in the lobby, a little inconvenient. shower is a little cold. breakfast a little too simple.

Booked one night but end up staying 4 nights. Big nice garden to hang out with 24 hours breakfast of toast , coffee , tea and cocoa . With the price I am paying especially the dorm ( I stayed in dorm and double room) it is worth more than what I am paying for . A family own guesthouse and they are very helpful in term of service and provide information , arrange tours . Located at the less busy part of the city but tut tut re easily available . Toilets and showers are clean .

Loved the common area and free toast, tea, and coffee!

This is the best place I've stayed during my trip in SE-Asia! The staff is so welcoming and nice, they help you with everything you need. I booked three nights here, and I ended up staying for nine! The outdoors area is so nice and calm, and it is so easy to get to know people here. Not a party guesthouse, thankfully. They cleaned the bathrooms everyday, always toiletpaper. They have free coffee, tea and toast! I loved it here, if I ever come back to the city I will choose this guesthouse :)

Fantastic friendly place, very helpful people, with a nice relaxing garden area! I liked it so much I went back when I passed back through, and would definitely use it again!

We often didn't have warm water

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

It was a great hostel to chill out at. With the outdoor communal area it was also a great place to meet people. Inside the moat in Chiangmai City so it was close enough to all the attractions but far enough so it felt that you weren't stuck in the middle of anything,

An outdoor hostel located in the old city walls. I preferred staying in the busier tourist part outside the city walls.

« first « Prev 1 2 3