Gongkaew Chiangmai Home

Fabulous 1187 Total Reviews

• jessicameltzer3665
  • USA, Female, 25-30
11th Sep 2017

Great spot. Super clean, filling breakfast options, friendly staff, conveniently located. Would definitely return!

• South Korea, Female, 25-30
29th Aug 2017

I stayed at this guesthouse for 2 nights. Clean environment, convenient facilities and kind staff.. I liked this guesthouse so much. But, there was no common area indoors and there were a few tables outside. Normally, nobody was there so staying there was quiet boring. But, if you wanna relax from an exhausting journey for a few days, I hightly recommend this place! If I visit Chiang Mai with friends or family again, I would stay here again :)

29th Aug 2017
6.9

It was fine for a one night stopover but facilities were pretty basic for the price we paid, no backpacker atmosphere (due to only 1 or 2 other guests) and the only communal space was outside.

12th Aug 2017

Stayed in a 3 bed private ensuite room with two friends and really enjoyed my stay. Location was a little bit further out but was nice and quiet and still not far to walk to anything. Room was clean and spacious, beds were comfy, Free breakfast was good there was a menu of options. The communal area was quite nice but I have to say I didn't see many other people so I don't think this would be a good place for a solo traveller.

• England, Couple, 18-24
3rd Aug 2017

This place is absolutely amazing. We loved it here. So much so we stayed an extra 3 nights. Communal area is awesome, free tea/coffee and toast all day. Bedroom was clean and well made. was made up when you asked. Location is a little out the way, but they have mop heads to rent! Sometimes the staff even drive you for a small price. Staff are so helpful! They even shared their freshly picked fruits with us. Just overall amazing. We would definitely recommend and stay here again. STAY HERE!!!

• Scotland, All Male Group, 18-24
5th Jul 2017

Location is pretty good as it is inside the old city however it may have been better if it was towards the other side of the square. Staff were fantastic and helped us to organise and activities that we wanted to do. I marked it down slightly for atmosphere but this was only down to us being the only guests staying at the time.

30th Jun 2017
8.0

Good facilities, good air conditioning, good part of town. I was the only person in my 8 bed dorm which was kind of weird. Not a good social scene for English e"speakers, many of the people here seemed to be Chinese I was the only westerner which is fine but hard for making friends.

5th May 2017

Good set up and sweet staff. The free coffee and tea and toast was a life saver. It was great!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
12th Apr 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at Gongkaew the rooms and bathrooms were really clean. They had lockers outside the dorm which you could fit your whole bag in if you wanted. My favorite part was they make you breakfast in the morning and can't complain about eggs on toast. Yummy. Plus you get free tea, coffee and toast all day. Added bonus that one when you get the afternoon munchies

12th Apr 2017

Really great location--easy to get to the old city and a lot of major sites. It's pretty bare bones, but it's clean and the staff is excellent. The free breakfast is also great!

×