Gongkaew Chiangmai Home Reviews

5/2 Singharath Soi 3 Tumbol Sriphoom, Muang District, Chiang Mai, Thailand

Had a good time here -- only problem was that the tuk tuk I booked for the airport didn't turn up so I had to jog for 2km to find another taxi at 530am

Strangely enough I am writing this review at the hostel! This is a great place to stay. You are a 30 min walk from the night bazaar but its worth it. The city is manic with horrible roads and sometimes horrible hostels. This one is like a little bubble of lovelines but still in the square. I'd give this hostel a go at least 1 night then make up your mind. I moved from one hostel to here and I am happy. If you just want to be close to attractions, try somewhere else first then here.

We stayed in the mixed dorm this time. It was clean and the facilities were good. The only downside is that the lockers are outside, so make sure to bring your own, very strong, lock! There was a theft the night we stayed there. We ended up coming back and getting a private room that time so that we felt a little more secure. I think the lockers would be totally fine if you have your own strong lock though! Overall, I would definitely recommend this hostel!

The dorm war very basic but clean. It's 20 minutes walking to the most sights, markets or restaurants. But the garden is great to hang out and meet people. The atmosphere is a little bit holidaycamp-like. There is always toast, jam, coffee and tea for free and they have a washingmachine. The staff is friendly, but the woman is very business-orientated, so for some things it's better to ask her man.

Third time I stayed here. Great guesthouse in the old centre with a nice lush garden where you can sit, relax and read a book or have a talk with other travelers.it's not at a main road so it is very quiet. It is about a 5 min walk from the main street where you can also find the sunday walking street market. Great atmosphere and a friendly helpfull staf. A home away from home!

1 2 3 Next » last »