Gonow Family Backpacker Reviews

145 vulture street westend, Brisbane, Australia

Gemütliches Hostel mit sehr netten Mitarbeitern und freiem Wifi. Lage top! Jederzeit wieder!

short time A/C

Nice enough quiet hostel. Beds creaked and squeaked a lot, door locks didn't seem very secure. No lockers in rooms. Breakfast was ok, coffee and some cereal would have been nice

• 21st Dec 2014

The manager Paul was very friendly and gave us many good advices how to make the most of it in Brisbane. We found the location very good

Great stay at Go now. Really friendly staff help create nice atmosphere so we were made to feel welcome straight away. Excellent facilities and cleanliness!

reasonable price for this hostel. hot in summer, not very clean when it comes to bedroom. However it is cheap for living so do not expect so much when you do not want to pay so much.

Unlimited free wifi, but it did disappear on me a lot. The kitchen was no good with no glases, few uttensiels, few forks and knives and plates. There was no space left in the fridge. Room and bedsheets looked dirty. I was in an upper bunk which was very hard to reach due to placement of a board. Atmosphere was lovely though and reception liked to help.

Aircon not working in our room and a little cramped overall. Otherwise a good spot :)

I am so sorry for Aircon not working. Actually We check the Aircon and it works. All room Aircon will turn on automatically at 9:00pm and turnoff at morning. The public area will open Aircon during the morning. We are so sorry we have time limited for the aircon due to high expenses for the energy fee. Really Sorry.

Good Hostel, clean and serious. It's looks like a family, and not a big Backpackers where everybody appeared drunked. Also, there is the air conditional in the rooms!!! Paul, the guest, is very cool.

• 29th Oct 2014

Before you stay here; think about this: you will stay with around 60-70 people in 15 rooms and share the bathroom and kitchen. They say internet is free but prepare yourself for no internet. The rooms are too small, warm and not clean -especially beddings-! There are so many rules that you can't even breathe. I wouldn't recommend you this place. We tried somewhere else after this place; it was just like 5-10$ more expensive per night but A LOT better. So, THINK TWICE!

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Staff were really friendly and the place was kept clean and very secure, atmosphere was friendly but the white walls could use some colour

We stayed here as a one day layover booking and I wish we could have stayed longer The staff were so freindly and everyone was so acomadating, we had to leave early on a 6 am flight so they made arrangements to check out early. The main kitchen area just feels like its a big family kitchen with everyone just sat around enjoying each others company. The beds were clean comfy and came with full bedspreads as standard, free lockers for valubles, clean hot showers and toilets. I loved this hostel!

Great hostel for people coming to Oz for work

• 24th Sep 2014

We found this a good hostel, near West Side and the south bank.. Staff where friendly and bathrooms where clean. I have to say that it's not the quietest after 10 if you want an early night, but that's me being an old fuddy duddy..I would deffo stay here again. .

The 6bed dorm is really small for 6 people and their luggage

I was supposed to stay a couple of nights but stayed 10 days since the place felt so nice! The hostel is like home away from home (that's the first time I can write this!) with people working in Brisbane and living there. Free noodles on Wednesday, free fruits on Saturday and free rice whenever! Paul the manager is really friendly and I can only recommend this place!

locations isn't good but good facilities , and kind staffs i liked there are enough shower room and toilets which are clean also you can take a deep sleep :)

Absolutely fantastic

Staff very friendly, atmosphere was good too. Also free wifi and breakfast :)

Way farther away from the train stop than described. The rooms were blah and I was only there for a weekend but got put with long term backpackers so they had already claimed the entire room and left me no space. The kitchen was spacious. The bathrooms were pretty good. There wasn't much atmosphere or culture that encouraged getting to know people. Wasn't bad but wasn't the best