Gonow Family Backpacker Reviews

145 vulture street westend, Brisbane, Australia

Free breakfast (toast and jams) and rice everyday, free luggage storage and lockers outside of room, and helpful staff! Location was kind of far away from the main city (15 minutes to the river), but the bus stop isn't far away. Quiet hostel with not much of a common area (just dinner table) but there's plenty outside tables. Only complaints were thin walls, creaky bed, and looked a little dirty with white walls, floors, and sheets, but overall stay was nice!

It's a very good hostel. Staff is very friendly and helpful!! I had a great time. Just one thing: put mirrors in the room :) Besides that is this hostel the place to stay in Brisbane!!!!!!

Good Hostel in Brisbane, Free WIFI to every room. Free Breakfast very surprise me. Nice staff. Toilet, shower, public area and room very very clean. I Love it. I will come back very shortly.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Aruba

I liked there☆ Friendly staff,Comfortable room,Clean Bathroom… Really I wanted stay there more!!!

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Japan

I had a brilliant time staying here all the staff are so friendly, the only problem was you couldn't sit outside after10pm

Good location for west end and south bank which are the places I like best, bit if a walk to the city. Clean enough but never a clean fork or chop sticks. Not the best hang out area butt friendly atmosphere and staff. No drinking after 10 so can always get to sleep. Dorms don't lock automatically so often left open. Gate was broken so pretty unsecure but lockers out of rooms for valuables made it ok.

I am agree about the point that we must respect the check out time, but it was the first time since I travel where the staff came more time in our room to told us that at 10 am we have to leave... Cleanliness and facilities could be improved.

Nice Hostel! Keep it up .....

Nice!! Very nice!! If i should go back in brisbane i'll book here!!

• 16th May 2014

We had a great time! And a big thank you for all the good help we got from the staff. Very friendly and specialy lots of thanks for Paul!

Couldnt get any sleep at night, you can hear every word people were saying in the kitchen. Couldnt sleep in the morning, the hoover is on in the hall from 8am and the cleaner let herself into our room without knocking to empty the bins. Staff who let us in could barely speak english

The hostel was ok. You had basically everything you needed, breakfast, wifi in the whole hostel, the stuff was nice and Paul was very helpful. If you are looking for a fancy and pretty place though, this is not the right hostel for you. I appreciated though, that there were no parties going on and that it all was very quite.