Gonow Family Backpacker Reviews

145 vulture street westend, Brisbane, Australia

I am agree about the point that we must respect the check out time, but it was the first time since I travel where the staff came more time in our room to told us that at 10 am we have to leave... Cleanliness and facilities could be improved.

Nice Hostel! Keep it up .....

Nice!! Very nice!! If i should go back in brisbane i'll book here!!

• 16th May 2014

We had a great time! And a big thank you for all the good help we got from the staff. Very friendly and specialy lots of thanks for Paul!

Couldnt get any sleep at night, you can hear every word people were saying in the kitchen. Couldnt sleep in the morning, the hoover is on in the hall from 8am and the cleaner let herself into our room without knocking to empty the bins. Staff who let us in could barely speak english

The hostel was ok. You had basically everything you needed, breakfast, wifi in the whole hostel, the stuff was nice and Paul was very helpful. If you are looking for a fancy and pretty place though, this is not the right hostel for you. I appreciated though, that there were no parties going on and that it all was very quite.

Great place to stay. We were there for 3 nights but the place is full of people staying long term. Wifi available everywhere in rooms and in the common areas. Good facilities although could do with a little more working space in the kitchen.

The hostelmanager had a really inapproprate behaviour towards me.

Clean, well run hostel,AC, all you need!!!!

Very nice staff, very nice place, good showers, amazing kitchen ! The staff is always cleaning, this place is really neat :) Only bad point, for me, the mattresses are too hard. Otherwise it's the best I tried in Brisbane (I tried 3 so far...)

Although short, I enjoyed my stay at Go Now! Great value for money, especially since they offer free breakfast (bread, jams, peanut butter, tea, sugar, milk, etc.), free rice/pasta, free wireless internet connection, free drinking water, free use of kitchen, etc. The beds are a little squeaky though, but I had a good sleep nonetheless. Good location as well, as this backpackers' hostel is close to SouthBank and museums. Brisbane's CBD is just a few steps away Cheers, Ron from the Philippines ^_^

Quiet hostel..not much atmosphere.breakfast good. Black hair everywhere in the showers.Move you rooms for no reason! This is annoying when u have backpack to pack and repackage 3 times in one week when they don't NEED to move you. They were very kind in taking my friend to hospital when she was ill but when I was checking out I asked PAUL the manager to kindly call me a cab and said he couldn't as didn't have a phone however there was a phone on the desk right I front of me!!! RUDE!!!!

• 25th Jan 2014

The Asian run hostel is a little bit far from the CBD (about 20min walking). About 10min walking to the nearest train station. 5 min walk to commercial centre. The hostel overcome this issue by giving free internet, rice everyday and fruits and pastas once a week. For some, this place might not be the best, but they do offer good deal. The map provided is a bit inaccurate, so better get one from the tourist info. Sleep here, party somewhere else.

Great homely hostel. Basic rooms but you're only sleeping in them! Air con only on for part of the evening and night so woke up quite hot. Free pasta and rice provided in the kitchen. Not much cutlery. Free WiFi always a plus. Mango trees in the yard! Laundry available, lockers available, secure outside gate overnight (use your room key to get in) and locked rooms. Staff really nice and helpful. Would definitely stay again.