Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Revolution! Reviews

Dolnych Mlynow 9, Krakow, Poland

They only employ very beautiful women for the reception clearly. 2 problems we faced: getting in late at night, as you have to be buzzed in. Once this took about 30 minutes. I am not sure if there was supposed to be a code we were to be given, but we were not. The other issue was that there were a couple of things broken in the room before we arrived, although it did not directly affect our stay. For the price it was still excellent! Plus, what a sick name for a hostel.

• 10th May 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The hostel was not so close to the center as described in the site. The room was not clean at all. The sheets were dirty and for sure not changed after previous people left the room. There was a very dirty couch as well. The pictures of the room in the site of the hostel were not similar to what the room looks like. There was not a hair drier. The excursions organized were very expensive: the day to Ausvits costs 115 zlotty if you book it in the hostel (it costs 79 zlotty somewhere else)

• 10th May 2015
  • Greece

They were very helpful! The place was also quite comfortable. Even despite construction which wasn't too disruptive.

Nice clean hostel in a quiet area but close enough to city centre (5min walk). Staff were really helpful and friendly. Shared a 6 bed dorm and there was plenty of space which was a huge bonus. Would come back again.

The hostel is a good place over all. It is accessible and the staff js great! The atmosphere is dead though but thats what the city is for.

Really enjoyed our stay here for 2 nights. The beds are a little bit squeaky, wifi drops out sometimes in our room. But the showers are hot, the free breakfast is absoultey one of the best I've had in Europe. The location is great because it's just a short walk I to the centre and there is a supermarket just around the corner. The staff are friendly at reception and helped us whenever we needed something :)

I stayed both in a female room of 6 people and a couple room. Both were confortable and spatious rooms. I just felt some lack of furniture, places to hang the coats and some mirror. The female room had a extra sink inside, apart from the bathroom, and that was great; but the couple room had just the shared bathroom, no mirror or sink inside, and it was oftenly busy (shared with 6-8 people). So I thought the female shared room better than the couple room, even if it was cheaper.

Staff seemed annoyed when you asked them anything.......

Enjoyed my stay at Goodbye Lenin Hostel. Location was a 10 minute or so walk from the city center, but cheap price of hostel made up for the walk. Everything else was very nice.

When we arrived at the room my mattress and the floor under it was full of small pieces of cookies and the cleaning staff didn't sweep only once that floor while we were there. Issues with cleaning of bathrooms also, it was impossible to take a shower from the second day, there was a flood there! Breakfast is pretty regular, nothing special, but worth for this price. Despite that, location is good.

Internet become poor sometimes. Very good location, 5 min walk to the main square. Rooms are really big. Staffs are super friendly. But the building is a little bit creepy because of renovation. And there is no sign or name outside the building, easily missing the gate.

Everything OK :) Thanks for the very early check in

They were renovating the Hostel when I arrived - so very noisy and not too clean - however, once complete, it will be very nice!!

• 13th Mar 2015
  • South Africa

It was great! we came bit early and staff gave us our keys even before check-in time! The kitchen is full of food in the morning and you can eat as much as you want. It takes 10 minutes to city or any cool pub center by walk. Really great!

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Ukraine

Great place/ price for budget travelers! Very friendly staff and delicious free breakfast. Go ahead and book it, you won't regret it!

• 6th Mar 2015

Ideal place for a few stays! Great staff, location , price and service at all! Highly recommend!

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Ukraine

Thanks so much! We had lovely stay. Comfortable, clean, friendly, spacious and cheap!

• 2nd Feb 2015

Bathroom and shower clean, beds very cozy. Easy to get around Krakow from here. Nicely stocked kitchen. Staff very helpful, I recommend this place.

Great hostel, awesome staff (especially Ania!), delicious breakfast, comfortable bed :D I totally recommend it!

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Poland

Amazing hostel, there's nothing I can complain about it. If there was an option "breakfast" to rate, it would be 200%. I've never had a breakfast like that