Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Revolution! Reviews

Dolnych Mlynow 9, Krakow, Poland

Very good hostel, big room, excellent breakfast, friendly staff. I forgot 120 pounds and wallet in the locker, and the staff email me and send my thing to my home. Very honest people.

Was a great hostel in a great location was walking distance to everything a bit hard to find as there's no signage. The only thing I didn't like was there was no healthy option at breakfast some muesli or a bit of brown bread would made a great breakfast buffet amazing. The only other bad thing was when we stayed there seemed to be big school groups which made it hard to get to sleep at night when there running around screaming and banging things. Overall good hostel would stay there again.

Just got back from staying and it was the most lovely hostel, fab staff and a great location. Less than 5 mins into main centre - Stare Miasto. Would definitely recommend.

Huge problem is to find this hostel. There is no visible mark on the building. There are two Good by Lenin hostels in Kraków, so this problem is not a banality.

Clean, spacious, nicely decorated, very nice balcony and common room. This hostel is ideally situated, next to a couple of very nice coffee places and an amazing Italian restaurant. Just 5 minutes walk from the city center. The staff is extremely helpful and outgoing. This is a must-visit hostel for me.

Very good location, about 10 minute walk from old town square - perfect for me! It was so clean and comfy. Very good value for money! Will go back again!

• 16th Mar 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. The staff were very friendly, informative and helpful. Room was basic but all you need is a place to crash after a long day of sightseeing. Only problem was on arrival the lift was broken and i was on the 3rd floor but it was repaired by the evening. I would definately reccomend this Hostel to anyone visiting Krakow.

• 15th Mar 2014

We just picked a reasonably-priced hostel randomly as we had a weekend off for travelling Krakow. The twin bed room we booked however by far exceeded our expectations, flawless facilities, clean rooms and helpful staff. needless to say, in point-blank range to the city centre max.5 min walk. definitly a good place to stay, just check the exact location beforehand, its easy to find during the day but it took as some time to spot the hostel when we arrived at night. definitly recommendable!

• 14th Mar 2014

Several reviews reported the lack of curtains and decor.......true ! It feels like a newly built apartment block waiting for tenants. There was no television in either the bedroom or common room so you would'nt want to stay in ! The good bit is that it was quiet at night, beds comfortable, very helpful staff, good location just a short walk from the station ( it is easy to find despite some comments ).

Staff really good and kind.

The staff are great and more than happy to help out with directions or any other questions. The room was clean and provided each person with clean sheets/pillow as well as a locker. The bathrooms were not the nicest and our room did have a slight stench, but if you are only there for a night or two it is not a big deal. As a college student looking for a cheap place to sleep, this was exactly what I was looking for.

• 14th Feb 2014

The shower was not very hot, but the rest was good.

It was so clean and comfy. I'd like to be there again. Thanks Goodbye Lenin.

Very helpful staff. The hostel was fine. We got an double room that was so big that there was an echo every time we spoke. It was clean enough, but the hostel itself had a somewhat industrial feel, lots of concrete, which meant that it seemed a little dirty even though it probably wasn't. The wifi was quite slow when it worked, and kept disconnecting, but there was a computer for guests to use in the reception. There were curtain rails, but no curtains.

Great place to stay. Close to everything. Spacious rooms.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Poland

I stayed in the female dorm, a large and well-heated room on the top-floor. It has a bathroom and a fridge with it. The breakfast is great. The staff are friendly and helpful. I'll definitely stay here next time I visit Krakow.

Good hostel - could be much much better with a few simple things. It's rather stark - especially the common room & also the rooms. Some pictures on the wall, maybe a lamps in the bedroom, ensure all the heating is working, put tv & bookshelves in common room. Breakfast was included in the price which is a real bonus. Unfortunately there is absolutely no variety in it. Our room was quite cold and the pillows just terrible. Staff here are very nice & were good at recommending places to go etc.

I had a great stay at the hostel. It was the low-season, so that contributed to the quiet atmosphere, but It meant I had my own room which was great. The staff were very friendly, helpful and interesting to talk to about local areas. Excellent facilities and decent breakfast, although the wifi in the rooms was weak. Many thanks!

• 20th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

When I got there all the radiators were pumping heat, set to "Brazilian Heat Wave" with no possibility to regulate this. It was +15 degrees outside. Just open the windows, they said as the solution. ???!! Thank you, because of that I am now sick and have to stay in bed, can't celebrate NYE. Who is going to pay for my medical bill and my melted liquor chocolates? The irony was stunning, turn of the lights to save power...face palm. Why do you have to turn on the radiators so hot, ridiculous!!

was a decent hostel. a bit quiet. good location and has everything you need. really good value.