Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Revolution! Reviews

Dolnych Mlynow 9, Krakow, Poland

Clean, spacious room. Friendly, helpful staff. Good location-- walking distance to main square. Will stay here again!

Nice hostel close to the city center. Super friendly staff that gave excellent restaurant reccomendations. The thing we missed was a coomon room or a place to meet the rest of the guests.

As soon as I walked through the outer doors into the hostel area, I could smell the stench of rotten trash. The receptionist was overwhelmed as the hostel only puts one person on shift at a time so he has to check people in, check people out, buzz people through the doors, and answer phone calls. It was too much for one person. In my room I could smell human poop both inside and outside. The lock on the bathroom door was broken and the water took about 5 hours to drain between showers. Nasty

Great location, but that's about it.The place is not a bad place to stay, but it's nothing to write home about either. The breakfast was ok, the room spartan but had all the necciseties needed for a stay of a couple of days, and the bathroom was ok, exept for the lack of hot water. Staff was friendly enough, and gave us a great tip on a wonderfull vegetarian bar in town, so hats off for that. Very quiet, almost a bit too quiet. Though you'll probably sleep like a baby there (I did).

This new hostel needs to improve its facility with kitchen and laudry services - the referred laundry place is the other side of town, takes almost one hour to go there and back with a full bag of dirty laundry. Also far from the Jewish Quarter where nightlife is, the other Lenin hostel is better located. The room is nice, though.

It's located in 20minutes distance from central bus and train station. Room is clean and large enough. But shower room is not that big. You can have a light breakfast in here. I think it's under repairing.

Highly recommended, we will be visitng goodbye Lenin again on our next trip!

Hi, Thank you for reviewing Good Bye Lenin Revolution Hostel! We are so happy to read that you recommend our hostel and that you visited us again. I know you stayed also in our other hostel in Kraków before. Our amazing Staff puts a lot of effort to make our every guest’s stay a nice experience and every positive comment is a prove that we are on the right path. We are looking forward to welcome you again. Kind Regards, Ania - Quality Supervisor

I liked people at reception and my big room. My bed was very comfort. Hostel is close to the station for trains and is in the city.

• 19th Jun 2014

Very nice location nice people and good breakfast. Obrigado!

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

A wonderful hostel in a perfect location and with exceptional staff. Goodbye Lenin Revolution! is a 5 minute walk from the old town square and is extremely good value for money and very clean and well maintained. We found that all the staff - particularly Anna and Dominik - were incredibly helpful. They spoke brilliant English and did everything they could to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Their tips for what to do in Krakow & how to get around the town were invaluable. Stay here!

• 15th Jun 2014

Very good location, once you find the hostel which is difficult to find if you don't know what you are looking for. Very helpful staff.

Very good place.

A really good stay! Thank you! Great location, easy access to everything (easy to park in front of the hostel as well), nice and helpful staff. I'd defo recommend and I am coming back in August! All furnitures more or less new (IKEA standard - simple, but good), bathroom facilities alright although they should be cleaned slightly better. Overall: a pleasant stay!

Incredibly friendly staff! We were given some great recommendations of things to do in Krakow. I really enjoyed my stay here, the hostel itself has a great vibe to it.

The hostel is quite new so there is not much furniture or kitchen to use. (except for water boiler) Nevertheless it is in a very good location, about 10 minutes on foot from the Main Square. The price is good and you get free towels, free breakfast etc. The internet wasn't so good. It wasn't slow but it fell often xD Summing up I would recommend it!:)

Room was very big, but there were some aspects that were not up to standard. The windows had not curtains. The room and even the bin was never cleaned. In the kitchen there are not even the basic utensils. And the breakfast given was always packed and bring. It was the worst Hostel I've ever been.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • Malta
  • Couple, 41+

Will start with a compliment for the receptionist, she was extremely helpful giving directions, advice and friendly! As for the hostel we are a 25yr old couple well traveled and would have to rate this as the worst of all we have stayed in. We slept in a 6 dorm mix. Security for belonings is a locker but door into room and hostel front door is a joke and can easily be accessed by strangers! Plus No curtains on windows, breakfast(don't bother) and atomosphere is non existent! Would not go back.

I absolutely loved my stay at Goodbye Lenin hostel. I was in a particular issue where I needed to buy a computer, purchase a bus ticket to Amsterdam and understand Krakow in general. Kinga, who worked at the hostel, was very very kind, patient and ultimately helped me reach my next destination with no issues. Beyond this, the actual stay at the hostel was wonderful. The rooms were clean and easy to access, it was really close to the market square and having it there made my stay awesome. 100%

Very nice staff and a very nice atmosphere there. Very homely set up.

The security is in general ok, but don't leave your dorm's door unlocked before sleeping. Tell your dorm-mates and make sure you lock it before sleeping. I forgot to lock. Someone walked in and stole my clothes, which was in the room. Similarly, on the day you check out, if you leave your luggage at the reception, it's totally at your own risk. The people at the reception don't even bother to put a name-tag on it. So, practically anyone can walk in and take your luggage, claiming it's theirs.

« first « Prev 1 2 3