Goodnight Vondelpark Reviews

Overtoom 515, Amsterdam, Netherlands

It is a quiet place to stay in Amsterdam which was great as I went there with my boyfriend but far from the center. Facilities are nice although there is no kitchen and no common area. We enjoyed our stay but we ran out of toilet paper for a day and couldnt find anyone to help us so we ended up buying it ourselves. It got busy over the weekend and we saw a guy who had been staying there over a week come back at night to find his bed taken so he ended up in the couch.

Sebastian was very helpful and accommodating. Definitely didn't feel like a hostel but as a house guest which was awesome. Tram stop right out the front door and very easy to get to the city centre and all the major attractions

No indoor common space to sit. The rooms have places to sit, but with six people in one room, that space is sparse: you're tripping over everyone's stuff. Outlets are hidden/awkward to get to. Outdoor space was inaccessible, only one shower for the entire hostel was available. Internet was down for days, and was only turned on after several requests to get it turned on. This needs some serious modifications to be a comparable hostel. It is instead someone's home with a bunch of beds in it.

It's a nice place generally, but not like most other hostels as it has no common area to meet other guests, just your bunk rooms so maybe not the best for solo travelers. Sebastian was really friendly and helpful and the place is nice enough, just don't expect a traditional style hostel. The area it is in is quite nice, although some distance from the centre (there's a tram outside so not too much of a problem) but pretty much backs onto the Vondelpark so it depends what you're looking for.

The host are very kind, and they can help you with any question! Shawer room is big and clean.

The owner was really nice to us and the place was clean so we felt really comfy there!!!

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Spain

No sign outside, better look for the address. No staff on site when I arrived, had to go to the hotel next door and have them phone the hostel staff. Still waited outside for half an hour after the phone call before somebody let me in. No common room, no ventilation in room during hot summer (probably okay in the winter). Hallway smelled like pot. No reception desk so no idea how to contact onsite staff (if there is any).

I've never felt so welcomed in a hostel before; the beds are comfortable, the bathroom is clean. The staff is amazing

• 3rd Aug 2014

Said on confirmation email that check in was between 2pm and 8pm, we arrived around 4pm and had to wait about 20 mins for him to arrive after calling him to tell him we were there and the front door bell doesn't work!

The front door always locked, no bell. the only way is call the owner to get in.

I went there for the check-in, the door was locked and nobody was there! The owner (Sebastiaan) also did not answer my calls, although I informed him in advance that I was arriving that night. So I looked for & booked another hotel for a very high price. I strongly recommend that you do not trust this guy.

• 30th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

I was there all night because i also live there and my telephone is available 24hours. In case of me or my associate being absent, the restaurant downstairs takes care of welcoming our guests. So i REALLY DOUBT you were even at the correct adress. But thanks for your kind words:)

Seemed a bit dodgy when we turned up as we were told to leave our bags in a corridor of another property before being taken to ours but ended up being a great stay. For us it was perfect as it was more of an apartment which had a 'hostess' (but she was never in) meaning we had our own space to chill out and cook; however, is not the kind of place you'd go if you were planning to meet other people. Is in a good location, right next to Vondelpark but you do have to get a bus into the city.

Sebastian was very helpful and friendly and the place was excellent. Very clean and quiet neighbourhood. A great place to relax after a day in the city. Highly recommend for folks who have their itinerary planned for the day or just prefer to wander on their own, as there's no tours or packages available (which the tourist office usually has everything on hand already anyways).

• 18th Jul 2014

This is a very relaxing hostel. The beds are amazing; very comfortable. The bathrooms are great and the internet super fast.

Owner was very kind and helpful however spent a lot of his time in our room one evening to reply to his emails which was strange. Room was clean and tidy but there were no lockers which would've been nice.

This place is great! Sebastian (the guy who was in charge) was a great guy. He gave us recommendations on what to do in the city and was extremely friendly. I will always recommend this place

• 8th Jul 2014

Nice and chilled out, had a room all to ourselves both nights which was great. It had a bathroom balcony and toilet attached to the six bed room. Free tea and coffee all day and owner was nice and helpful, he let us drop off bags before check in. A little bit dirty but nothing to bad. I would go back.

• 25th Jun 2014

Thanks to Sebastiaan for our stay. Everything was great! Nice clean room and bathroom. Tram stop right outside. A great place to stay in Amsterdam.

Sebastiaan is a charming man and a great host, the hostel is located quite a distance from the city centre although the proximity of Vondelpark

It was lovely, Sebastian is great guy! I will come again!

• 14th Jun 2014