Goodtime Beach Hostel Reviews

South Sairee Beach, Koh Tao, Thailand

Very small lockers, room is Ok, no real common area, the bar but it is not really in the hostel, no atmosphere at all. Staff... I asked what was possible to do at night and he said only one of the tours the seller, and it was not true

I absolutely loved my time at Goodtime! Since the second we arrived at the reception desk we felt at ease! The staff in the hostel, the bar and at goodtime adventures we so nice and so helpful! The rooms were also very nice and unlike other hostels they're not cramped so you actually have some personal space as well as somewhere to meet others! We also did a day diving with goodtime adventures which was a brilliant experience! I'd recommend goodtime hostel to anyone!

• 8th Nov 2014

Well what can I say this hostel is fabulous. Location is so central right on the amazing main beach. Boat taxis run daily outside hostel to the close islands. Nicky the owner is wonderful so lovely and bubbly really makes you feel like a friend rather than a guest. She gives great tips and advice on what to do, where to find things and the cafe is so good. Great food. Breakfast on the beach and discount on food. Air con in rooms is so nice and cold after a hot day on the beach. Clean and safe.

Great place located right on the beach, a short 10min walk from the main area (but still far enough away that it doesn't interrupt sleep). Staff were ok, main lady on reception was a bit of a colonel but otherwise lovely. No communal areas but that didn't stop me being people. I met awesome people and had a great time. Koh Tao is lovely!

English staff-rude. They said they weren't sure a spot was available for me... I booked on hostelworld the night before. Lucky me...they 'found' a spot for me. The rules were verbally reviewed with me...guilty until proven innocent style. Sandals went missing...found them put them on and has the English staff yell at me saying they were hers...no mention of the possibility we could have the same. I found what must have been hers as they were brand new and mine were near broken...karma?

This hostel is in a great location. The rooms are spacious and clean. Staff were also very friendly and approachable.

• 10th Oct 2014

Enjoyed our stay here. Dorm room was very spacious and beds very cosy. Though sheets were quite stained but they were definitely washed. Small locker for valuables provided. Staff very friendly and helpful and loved the food their cafe, though they overcharged us here every time we ate here. Only one shared bathroom ensuite for 8 people. Bathroom was very outdated and very smelly (sewage smell). We found that 12 eur per bed per night was too expensive but everything on ko tao is more expensive

The hostel itself was nice but the staff let it down a little. I didn't take much notice of the comments re staff when reading the reviews before booking - however I found some of the comments to be true e.g.. when you check in you are given a list of the 'rules' and what not to do. The owners acted as if guests were a burden rather than welcoming them. The dorms themselves were nice and good location on the beach but wouldn't stay here again.

Our rules in the dorms are to keep all our customers happy and safe. Our rules include: 1. No outdoor guest - do you think everybody should be able to bring all their friends back to party? 2. No alcohol or Drugs - drugs are illegal and we have a beach and a bar downstairs where alcohol can be consumed, some of our guest are here to do activities and have early mornings the dorms are not for party! The reason the dorms are still nice is because of our rules!

The location of Goodtime is great, only moments away from several dive shops and the all important 7-eleven for toasties. There are lots of restaurants and bars around within easy walking distances. The two ladies who run it are really friendly and will help with anything you need. The rooms are really spacious. They could easily cram more beds in if they wanted but as they haven't you don't feel on top of other people.

I thought the all girls room was really nice, clean and comfortable. The location next to the beach was great but apart from that I have nothing positive to say about this hostel. There was no real 'hostel' atmosphere and thus I found it hard to meet people and the English woman who was working there was very rude. For the outrageous price you pay for a dorm bed, you would be better off going elsewhere.

Excellent Location directly at the the main Sairee Beach, bath smelled horrible when the AC was off

Had a good stay at goodtime , no pun intended. Dorms are fine yeah the bathroom has an oddish smell but it's the drains you are in Thailand after all!The other lady Julia think her name is,is lovely and helpful. Good location 5/10 mins walk from all the action. I travelled alone and met a good crowd! It's safe and there is lockers for valuables right on the beach and air con. Worth booking

Probably the best hostel in Koh Tao and I have been to or seen them all! The receptionist is amazing (especially the younger one) and the beach location is unbeatable. My one criticism would be that they didn't really provide a common area besides the attached bar with was mostly empty or full of groups finishing a dive but otherwise fantastic. Also I had to rank facilities down a mark because the shower had literally no pressure (picture a mist fan)

The next dorm room was being re-done as it had bed bugs while I was saying. The water in the showers smells of rotten eggs and haven't been cleaned in a long time. The safty boxes are not fixed to the wall. Some staff are helpful but mainly rude. The location is the only decent thing about this hostel, as it's right on the main beach. Also the numirious rules like no food or drink in the rooms appear to be exstream.

• 27th Aug 2014

Absolutely loved the staff and the entire facility. Ended up doing the cliff jumping adventure with the owners and they are so lovely, I just can't explain. Loved Lisa, Nikki and the entire crew. Couldn't have been better

Amazing staff! Lisa was always smiling and really helpful with evrybody. You can't find a better location than this hostel : 5m from the beach, and in the middle of Sairee beach where everything happens (party, restaurants and bars). They have their own bar and restaurant to meet other backpackers. AC works fine (we had a problem once and was fixed a couple of hours after they called the technician). Lockers with key. Clean+private bathroom. Each night I met great people in my dorm.Good atmosph

• 23rd Aug 2014

Unfortunately our stay at this hostel was ruined by the manager, Nikki, who had a really bad attitude and made several rude sarcastic remarks. Other than that the hostel is in a good location. Pity about Nikki, due to her we wouldn't stay here again.

• 12th Aug 2014

We loved our stay!it was amazing

Awesome that its on the beach, only issue is the sand has a bad habit of making it inside! All up pretty great though

The hostel is very clean. Everyone has their own light and outlet and the room has a couch which is very comfy. The location is awesome, right on the beach. The owner is so nice! I got pickpocketed on koh phangan and she went above and beyond to help me sort out my finances. I definitely recommend this hostel!