Goodtime Beach Hostel Reviews

South Sairee Beach, Koh Tao, Thailand

Great location, manager is super nice, couldn't have felt more welcomed! The rooms are clean and overall the stay was great!

• 31st Aug 2015

We stayed only one night in mixed dorm with en suite bathroom. Everything was good, staff, bed, the location. would come back again.

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

Noisey at night but otherwise great. staff are fantastic

It was my second time at GoodTime and I would go back for sure. This time no more dorm but a beautiful private with view on the beach. We had a great stay and it was always a pleasure to chat with the super nice staff. We also enjoyed the diving initiation with GoodTime adventures and it was great as well, our instructor was truly the best!See you soon!

The location is really great-near the restaurants, bars, beach, and other places. I love my bed in the 8bed mixed dorm. The bed, sheet, pillow are clean with good smell. They also provide the locker to keep your valuable stuffs. However, the only thing that i dont like about it was they didnt provide a towel. they would charge you 50฿ more for a towel. I mean for me, the hostel with 400฿/a bed should have atleast provided a towel. But over all my stay was great and impressive.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

My stay at good time was very enjoyable. I was staying in the bed girls dorm, Rock. The location was amazing and the hostel had an amazing view of the sea and beach from the cafe. The only thing I had an issue with was the shower, it wasn't very powerful. Also having one shared bathroom in a room with five girls is sometimes troublesome so you have to have patience :).

Really nice hostel right on a beautiful beach, perfect location! Staff mostly great. Staff very good at suggesting what we could do on the island. Rooms really spacious and clean. Had a great breakfast in their restaurant overlooking the beach.

• 13th Aug 2015

The hostel location is perfect, everything you need around you, and staff will give recommendations. The biggest let down for me was there was no real 'common' area to meet people... There is a restaurant attached however it isn't just hostel people here. Also the wifi doesn't work in the restaurant and only in the rooms. If you are planning on doing some diving etc it is perfect as you will get a good nights sleep and it's right on the beach. I would stay again.

This hostel was really good! Cheap for what you get: nice rooms with A/C and the beach just next to you. I recommend it a lot!

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Spain

We had two different types of staff-experiences .... the woman was really nice and helped us in any case. But the guy at the reception was such an .... We asked for a taxi-call and he obviously wanted to charge us a higher price. When we told him, that we are not willing to pay this amount he started to complain how much money he would pay for the phone call and so on ..... I wouldn't stay there again.

I was in the 4 bed dorm which is a converted private room - absolutely fantastic room with an amazing view. Only downside is that it is right above a bar but wasn't really an issue! Would highly recommend :)

Have a great time at goodtime. Awesome location on the beach!

• 6th Aug 2015

Good location. No WIFi !! 2 mornings had no hot water !! Crazy and insane rules. No good vibe about the hostel. Manager is always walking into dorms being loud and disturbing you when new people arrive

• 25th Jul 2015

Amazing staff. Clean rooms. Awesome location. Book it.

Good hostel, but minor adjustments needed. Wifi didn't work in the rooms the whole time we were there, so advertising that there is wifi in all rooms is false. We were forced to sit outside the reception one evening to use the wifi. Air con was far too cold and fan did not work. But good location and nice rooms with individual plugs and lockers.

Very clean and nice staff!

• 21st Jul 2015

It was a great place. Not difficult to find, right next to the bars so the noise was a bit loud at night. However the staff was very helpful and friendly. Unfortunately the thing with being next to the beach is that sand is everywhere.In the beds, and all over the room. Another thing that was unsettling is that they require a 1000BHT for a key deposit. She specifically says that the key is only 100BHT. And some girls just gave their passports, so that's a bit unfair I think.

Good hostel, right on the beach and near the main town. Really near all the beach bars. Staff were really welcoming and helpful. The have a restaurant but no other social area. Good activities available through Goodtimes Adventures and you get a discount for staying!!

Goodtime was in a good location for going out, lots of restaurants and bars near by, however can be a little noisey if you're not going out. Rooms were cleaned each day which was good. The shower in our room wasn't very powerful so was sometimes hard to get all the sand off yourself. Other than that I can't fault the rooms. Staff are so lovely, will help you with anything. I'd go back for them alone! Also if you stay here you get a discount at Goodtime Adventures, they're amazing!!

• 6th Jul 2015

Had a great stay here. Lots of good bars and restaurants nearby, plus you get a small discount at their travel shop, where we booked a full day of activities and had an awesome time!