Goodtime Beach Hostel Reviews

South Sairee Beach, Koh Tao, Thailand

It can get very noisy at night, so if you are not really into the party scene, dont stay in this hostel. The room was very nice and spacious, but the bathroom was ugly ans smelly. I was there for Thai New Years, our room run out of toilet paper and I ran into Nicky, one of the owners a girl told me, and told her we didnt have any toilet paper, her answer was ¨dont think you´re getting any today honey¨. Definetely not the answer I was expecting! I wouldnt stay there again!

Nice hostel but after 7pm there is nobody available at the reception or bar/restaurant this closed very early, so in the evening there is nobody for any questions.

• 6th Apr 2014

Rude reception staff especially the English owner.

Female dorm was really spacious, clean, modern and AC was amazing. Bathroom was ok and shower had good pressure. Clean staff and brit frontdesk girl were great and efficient, manager and the other frontdesk lady, not at all. Everyday people had to move to other rooms due to allegations of HW overbooking the hostel when it seems to be more a (lack of) organization from hostel team. 1000 Baths for key deposit a bit "overpriced". No common room but still nice atmosphere. Location was perfect!

Absolutely loved this hostel and met some amazing people! Location is right on the beach and lots of bars and restaurants nearby :D

• 1st Apr 2014

The location is great, but they don't have a common area, so is hard to meet people..

the shower stank like sh*t - was just aweful

Decent, cheap hostel in fantastic location. I met some amazing people here in my dorm. Only downside is there is no other way to meet people other than in your room as there is no common area, but this is pointed out prior to booking so shouldn't come as a surprise! Wifi was very temperamental and often cut out, so don't come here if you absolutely need that. Apart from that it's a great choice! Beds good and lockers fine (but VERY small - just enough space for you to put your valuables in).

Location is perfect, pretty much on the beach. Close to a number of bars, which also makes it a bit noisy at night. The cleaning ladies woke us up at 9 am one morning, but when we told the reception about it they didn't do it again. The room (female dorm) is very spacious and fresh. It is a party destination, so expect no good sleep... Other guests woke us up several times when they got home from the bar at 4 am.

Smart and efficient. Dorm room had good sized lockers but I didn't find any sheet for the bed

The staff were great, and the hostel was good. While the location is in a good spot on the beach, the noise from the (independently owned) bar downstairs until early morning is not ideal if you want to sleep.

I thought this hostel was quite expensive for what u get. There is no social area to hang out or anything like that. They also added an extra bed to our room making it really cramped. The staff were a little rude sometimes as well.

We were late like 30 minutes for the check out and the owner and the girl who work for her entered the room screaming, clapping hands, saying that we'd have to pay one extra day, even i've told her that i had a wounded leg. she said: "i don't care about you problems, get out of here". i was shocked. very unfriendly staff. never would came back anymore. i think the only positive side of this hostel is the location. very bad facilities.

Bets hostel I have stayed in. The rooms are modern, large and clean with great bathrooms. The staff and owners are very helpful. The hostel is located right on the beach and 2 mins from the middle of the main street but not near the really noisy bars. Met lots of great people here, only downside is the lack of social area but they are on the beach front and there is a bar downstairs.

Its a good location and the hostel is new, but the atmosphere isn't the best one to make friends... They ask for a lot of money for key deposit (1.000 baht) or hold your passport. The price is a little expensive considering you can get accomodation for free if scuba diving.

good hostel and in a great location - only negative thing i can say is that my friend and i were not notified we would be in separate dorms until we arrived. if your planning on diving in koh tao, would deff recommend doing it with their affiliate company goodtime adventures (if you're doing a diving course as well, i think they offer some kind of discount on accom.) love koh tao!!!

I stayd 2 nights longer than i've planned, island was amazing. Minus was non working wifi.

• 24th Jan 2014
  • Finland

This is a really nice hostel. It's also a hotel so it's a bit nicer than your average backpackers hostel. The dorm bathrooms even have a separation between the toilet and shower which is rare in Thailand! It's literally steps from the beach which is convenient. Having said that, it's terribly lacking in atmosphere. If you're a lone traveler it's not really the best place to meet people. For meeting great people, I'd recommend Spicy Tao about a 15 min walk away. Also kind of overly pricey.

I was a female travelling on my own. The staff were very helpful when I arrived. When anybody left, the staff were very thoughtful when changing over, making sure they kept as quiet as possible so as not to disturb the other people in the dorm. Would definitely stay again

• 22nd Jan 2014
  • Wales

Really nice stay: Perfect location on the beach, nice rooms and helpful staff.