8.5
Fabulous 460 Total Reviews
8.5
Fabulous 460 Total Reviews
Goodtime Beach Hostel Located at South Sairee Beach, , Koh Tao.
Thailand
Koh Tao 84360 South Sairee Beach
85% 460
10.0918921 99.8276070
    Rooms available

• Sweden, Female, 18-24
12th May 2016

First of all: the owner Valerie is just beyond fantastic. She does absolutely EVERYTHING to make her guests enjoy their stay. After staying for 3 nights we wanted to extend another 3, but all rooms were full. Instead of letting us find another hostel she insisted to put some extra beds in her own private room and let us stay there for free. In addition to the amazing staff the doorms are spacious, clean and the location is perfect. I will absolutely go back!

• USA, Female, 25-30
8th May 2016
4.6

I booked 5 nights here and regretted it since I booked a aircon female dorm and the aircon was broken which was fine for the first night but the hostel staff was extremely disorganized and wasn't able to get a decent aircon guy to fix it for all 5 nights! The place smells like horrible sewage, you can't sleep till after 2 am cause of the bar is blasting music, and depending what room ur placed in Wifi doesn't work. They did give me half off for all 5 nights but still ..

Dear guest, we apoligize again for the broken aircon however we presented you with several immediate options to solve the problem. 1; to check out with a refund, 2; to move to another female dorm with a working aircon and 3; to continue to stay in your current room for 200THB (1/3 of the original price) with several fans and you chose option number 3. And finally, the hostel description is more than clear regarding the noise level. We find it a little unjust that you chose to review the hostel as you have. The aircon service was here every day trying to solve the problem and the management team did everything they could. Perhaps we seemed a little unorganized because we were trying to solve this unfortunate problem any way that we could to make your stay as enjoyable as possible in unpredictable circumstances.

• Luxembourg, Female, 18-24
1st May 2016
8.0

Goodtime Beach hostel is a great place to stay if you don't mind the loud music and the non-existant wifi signal. It's not the cleanest and due to the lack of a propper common room not the most social hostel I've stayed in, but you'll always meet people down at the cafe or bar. The bar is really nice with daily fire shows and long happy hours. The Staff is great, so welcoming and so chatty. The only thing that really bothered me is that there are no additional toilets or showers.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
30th Apr 2016

I had so much fun here ! I ended up staying for two weeks ! Right on the beach and close to all the action. Everyone who works there is amazing and treats you like family. The only thing is that it's on top of a bar but you're usually out with people you meet anyways so it doesn't matter !

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2016
7.4

It's quite okay if you are looking for a fun atmosphere. Night life is great. Cleanliness -- no. The maintenance and upkeep is poor for private rooms, very stuffy too, not sure about the dormitories. Overall, it was okay. The location is fantastic, so no huge complaints. :)

• England, Female, 25-30
29th Apr 2016

I absolutely loved my time as Goodtime beach hostel! High recommend! I was a single female traveller (a bit apprehensive about being on my own) but as soon as I entered I was greeted with the friendliest welcome. All staff are AMAZING! Not a place to go if you want a quiet time, but who does when travelling?! Wifi isn't fantastic in the rooms but fine in the common areas. Also, Terri is an amazing cook! I was planning on only staying 4 nights, this quickly turned into 2 weeks!

• England, Female, 18-24
28th Apr 2016

We booked a week here and ended up spending the rest of our trip here! Amazing location, beautiful island, rooms cleaned everyday, everything was great! The staff really make this place and they are all completely awesome and try their best to make you part of the family. We booked all our activities through the Goodtimes adventure office and I couldn't recommend them highly enough as well! Was an incredible end to our trip. Thank you!!

• USA, Male, 18-24
28th Apr 2016

Highly recommend you stay at this hostel. It's right on the beach. And near the best bars . Food, 7 -11, scooter rentals, are all near by. Rooms are big and have a lot of space , also there is a big shower. The hostel also has creative paintings on the walls. Which I though we're pretty dope :) the staff have great vibe. There really laid back, helpful, and remembered my name. Which says a lot. I definitely will be staying at this hostel again when I come back to koh Tao!

27th Apr 2016

The owner is amazingly kind and caring. If there's anything you need, she'll help you. The view from the cafe is great, with just 10 steps to the beach and lots of food and dive offices. The party atmosphere is also nice, with the bar and fire dancers at night. I met great people here and enjoyed my stay

• Germany, Female, 18-24
26th Apr 2016

Best hostel so far I ever stayed in.. It's really clean, amazing staff and you definitely have a good time and goodtimes :) Val I'll promise I'll come back! Love you!