Goodtime Beach Hostel Reviews

South Sairee Beach, Koh Tao, Thailand

This hostel is in a great location. The rooms are spacious and clean. Staff were also very friendly and approachable.

• 10th Oct 2014

The hostel itself was nice but the staff let it down a little. I didn't take much notice of the comments re staff when reading the reviews before booking - however I found some of the comments to be true e.g.. when you check in you are given a list of the 'rules' and what not to do. The owners acted as if guests were a burden rather than welcoming them. The dorms themselves were nice and good location on the beach but wouldn't stay here again.

The location of Goodtime is great, only moments away from several dive shops and the all important 7-eleven for toasties. There are lots of restaurants and bars around within easy walking distances. The two ladies who run it are really friendly and will help with anything you need. The rooms are really spacious. They could easily cram more beds in if they wanted but as they haven't you don't feel on top of other people.

I thought the all girls room was really nice, clean and comfortable. The location next to the beach was great but apart from that I have nothing positive to say about this hostel. There was no real 'hostel' atmosphere and thus I found it hard to meet people and the English woman who was working there was very rude. For the outrageous price you pay for a dorm bed, you would be better off going elsewhere.

Excellent Location directly at the the main Sairee Beach, bath smelled horrible when the AC was off

Had a good stay at goodtime , no pun intended. Dorms are fine yeah the bathroom has an oddish smell but it's the drains you are in Thailand after all!The other lady Julia think her name is,is lovely and helpful. Good location 5/10 mins walk from all the action. I travelled alone and met a good crowd! It's safe and there is lockers for valuables right on the beach and air con. Worth booking

Probably the best hostel in Koh Tao and I have been to or seen them all! The receptionist is amazing (especially the younger one) and the beach location is unbeatable. My one criticism would be that they didn't really provide a common area besides the attached bar with was mostly empty or full of groups finishing a dive but otherwise fantastic. Also I had to rank facilities down a mark because the shower had literally no pressure (picture a mist fan)

The next dorm room was being re-done as it had bed bugs while I was saying. The water in the showers smells of rotten eggs and haven't been cleaned in a long time. The safty boxes are not fixed to the wall. Some staff are helpful but mainly rude. The location is the only decent thing about this hostel, as it's right on the main beach. Also the numirious rules like no food or drink in the rooms appear to be exstream.

• 27th Aug 2014

Absolutely loved the staff and the entire facility. Ended up doing the cliff jumping adventure with the owners and they are so lovely, I just can't explain. Loved Lisa, Nikki and the entire crew. Couldn't have been better

Amazing staff! Lisa was always smiling and really helpful with evrybody. You can't find a better location than this hostel : 5m from the beach, and in the middle of Sairee beach where everything happens (party, restaurants and bars). They have their own bar and restaurant to meet other backpackers. AC works fine (we had a problem once and was fixed a couple of hours after they called the technician). Lockers with key. Clean+private bathroom. Each night I met great people in my dorm.Good atmosph

• 23rd Aug 2014

Unfortunately our stay at this hostel was ruined by the manager, Nikki, who had a really bad attitude and made several rude sarcastic remarks. Other than that the hostel is in a good location. Pity about Nikki, due to her we wouldn't stay here again.

• 12th Aug 2014

We loved our stay!it was amazing

Awesome that its on the beach, only issue is the sand has a bad habit of making it inside! All up pretty great though

The hostel is very clean. Everyone has their own light and outlet and the room has a couch which is very comfy. The location is awesome, right on the beach. The owner is so nice! I got pickpocketed on koh phangan and she went above and beyond to help me sort out my finances. I definitely recommend this hostel!

Please clean a little more often the bathrooms, especially int he dormitories. The shower was really dirty, there was a lot of hair in the shower drain and it smelled bad. Apart from that, the location is great and the events organized by the hostel are a great way to meet other backpackers and hang out with them. The staff is really helpful and welcoming.

The pros of this hostel is that it is clean and right on the beach. The blonde girl that checked us in was lovely. Cons is that the bathroom had no hot water (as advertised) and other guests had asked about this and were given another room to shower in. They failed to tell us about this when we checked in so we used the cold piddly shower. The fan was not working, and neither was the air con (as advertised). Stifling hot. When I told Nicki the manager in the morning she was agressive. Don't stay

No complaints, comfortable and clean

In a perfect location, Goodtime Beach is seconds from the beach and short walk from the lively part of town. The rooms were great with lots of space. The staff were very helpful, giving great advice not just about Koh Lanta but on other places to visit to. A very relaxed atmosphere where you feel extremely safe.

Great staff and well located right next to sairee beach. Would definitely go back!

Initially only booked stay at this hostel for a couple of nights however I received such a warm welcome from the staff (Chelsie and Jess) I ended up staying for two weeks. Hands down the best atmosphere of any hostel I've stayed in. A two second walk to the beach front, it's in the preferred part of the island, with easy access to all the best bars and restaurants. Only negative was the manager, I found her to be quite rude, she killed the laid back atmosphere. Luckily she wasn't about much!

• 3rd Jun 2014