Gorge View Reviews

723 3rd. Street, Niagara Falls, USA

my bed was next to toilet. I could even hear the sound of dung falling out.. beside of that it was great. met good peoples and slept well. facility was very well organized. there was personal locker but canbe openned by anybody.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • South Korea

As soon as I arrived at the hostel I was greeted by the manager who was very helpful in letting me know how to get around and the best places to eat in the town, as well as helping me organise a taxi to the train station upon departure. The rooms were very clean and spacious. The hostel is located only a 15 min walk from the falls.

Perfect experience, absolutely nothing to complain about. What I liked best is definitely the location - walking distance to the Niagara Falls is hard to beat.

Awesome hostel! No words to describe. Even better than many hotels. Huge bed, a lot of space, a little bit your own privat space, clean, very good place. Location is very good too.

• 12th Jul 2015

Everything about this hostel was absolutely perfect: great location, beautiful building, new and beautiful interior, great room and excellent staff.

Yikes! Now that is going to raise expectations. We're trying but I don't think we have reached perfection yet but I am betting we will. Just today we put a new fridge in the kitchen thanks for not noticing the flaws of the old one.

The staff were excellent in telling me the best places to go and when. I only stayed one night and there was a guy snoring like a truck. But apart from that it was great

That's not possible, trucks don't snore!? Sorry, we are researching this phenomena. One technology is attaching devices with a mild electrical current to each bed and placing a panel to control those devices by other beds, however we found particularly with guys traveling together that they used it to harass their buddies and it didn't effect the snoring much. The crusade to end the reign of snoring continues.

Staff were exceptionally helpful in every aspect! A side note this was the first hostel that I've stayed at where you get two pillows - after travelling for a while this was extremely exciting adding extra comfort!!

Thank you, we're glad you appreciated the extra touches. However, two pillows is a pit of a secret. Now everyone knows!!! Ugh. It's hard to surprise guests and you can't leave mints on pillows in a shared accommodation. The first guest or the stay overs eat them, we tried it.

The only real challenge with this place would be how it could be improved! The staff is great, very friendly and eager to help. They explained many things about Niagara without us even having to ask. The location is right next to the Falls. The accomodation is very comfortable and well renovated. Everything is clean and orderly. Free parking. Extra sinks and mirrors. Perfect!

The only challenge responding to this review is typing while crying. You're so kind, we have lots to improve and will continue improving this charming 140 year building for years to come. Modernizing it for the traveler while enhancing it's antique charm and creating more fun spaces.

I had an absolutly great stay! The hostel is in walking distance to the Falls, the Whirlpool and the stores. Futhermore it is really clean, the rooms are big and you meet a lot of nice people :) The staff is awesome! Without any trouble I could check- in and out before the regular opening hours!

• 28th Jun 2015

Ouch... Well to be honest we can't always check people in before regular hours but we try. If your room or bed is ready and its not going to be a big negative impact on other guests we do try. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us though and I'm glad we got to accommodate your special circumstances.

Great Hostel very clean and tidy! Friendly and helpful staff!

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. What makes a great hostel is great guests like you.

Very pleased with my 4 nights spent at Gorge View- excellent accommodation, good atmosphere with welcoming people and great location. Met some cool people whilst there too! Many thanks.

• 4th Jun 2015

More than anything, what we like to see at Gorge View are the forming of new friendships and guests interacting and enjoying some of the most naturally beautiful sites in the world together. Thank you for helping us accomplish that. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Really friendly and helpful staff, very spatious and clean room, easy to walk to the Niagara Falls. The street on which the hostel is located seemed to be quite dead and empty but was still safe. Washing machine and tumble dryer in the basement so we could finally do our laundry after being on the go for two weeks. Would definitely recommend this place!!

Thank you for the feedback. We're working hard to improve our charming 140 year facility everyday. It is quite motivating to receive praise on our efforts so far and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope your travels have continued well.

Everything about this hostel is exactly what a traveller needs. My favorite hostel stay yet.

I have stayed in many hostels but Gorge view is the best so far. As clean as a five star hotel, friendly staff who help you with everything to make your stay memorable. Bike rental with the city map is superb. They also give discount for restaurants and other activities in Niagara. Bathrooms are always clean and rooms are spacious. Dorms are as good as a single room in a big hotel. Excellent location and excellent value for money. I would definitely return back.

You make me want to stay at this wonderful place you speak of!!! Thanks so much for the kind praise. We will work very hard to live up to your words. Thank you for staying and being such a wonderful guest.

Jeff and his hostel are absolutely welcoming, I've spent a great time in Gorge View! Rooms are fully equiped, very clean and comfortable, best value for money in Niagara! Free water, coffee and tea available...bikes also are available to explore the city and the different sightseeings. Jeff is a very friendly and nice person...he is clearly owning a hostel not to make big money but to provide to guests the best experience. Thank you again Jeff, I really appreciated your advices and hospitality!

Awe, I am blushing you are too kind. It was lovely to have you, serious travelers are always a big joy. We will continue improving so don't forget to check on us in a few years and see how much more we have done and enjoy the rest of your travels.

Excellent place to stay. Staff very helpful and informative. Went out of their way to help me find my way around the town and transportation. Very excellent value for money.

We are so thankful for your feedback. We are happy to have met your expectations and hope the rest of your travels go well. We are working hard to improve our 140 year old building. Your praises tell us we have accomplished a lot in the past year and that is motivating to continue working hard for future guests.

staff, location, cleaniess

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope your future travels go as well and that you get a chance to revisit in the years ahead, we promise to be even better.

It was the best location to stay on the American side and cross over the bridge with only my passport to see Niagara falls from the Canadian side. Excellent value for money oir such a neat and clean place. There is only a five minute was to Third on Wine ( a restaurant), so glad the manager introduced me to this heaven on earth food made with real love. A must visit. You can stay longer... and you can see other hidden free natural attractions...a wonderful place to rest and see stuff

• 22nd Apr 2015

Thank you so much for the kind review. We're entering our second year and our proud of all our improvements. We are glad you explored and were able to see so much more than most. We hope the rest of your travels go as well.

Really good hostel, I was there with a swiss and french friend and we all were so happy of being there. The guy in the reception was really really nice and all the facilities were working and nice.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed your stay makes us feel like all the hard work we put into improvement and renovation was worth it. But we'd like to thank you we are always happy when our guests take in the many parks along the Gorge like you guys did.

View all Niagara Falls Hostels