Gorge View

9.2
Superb 417 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
22nd Jul 2017

Brilliant staff, very kind and friendly and welcoming. Good location, conveniently placed to access the falls. Overall a little home from home with a very friendly, trusting atmosphere. Highly recommend for someone on a budget looking for great value for money.

• USA, Female, 41+
21st Jul 2017

It was my first experience staying at a hostel. It was such a positive experience that I booked another in Toronto. If all hostels are as good as Gorge View, I'll never travel any other way. And I'm 65 years old and traveling alone. LOL.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
19th Jul 2017

This is where you want to stay in Niagara Falls. Jeff is an honest guy. You're in good hands here. I'd stand beside him on the front lines. It's an older building but is very well maintained and full of history.

• USA, Male, 41+
17th Jul 2017

Still a work in progress, but: Clean and friendly. Convenient, yet just comfortably outside of the tourist area. Everything is well within walking distance. I was satisfied and I would stay there again if I returned to the area. The owner is native to the area and offers quite a bit of useful advice.

• jaysunray7530
  • USA, Male, 31-40
17th Jul 2017

I would highly recommend this place. It's a great hostel. Clean and well organized. Jeff, the owner, really gave 110% to make my stay a great one. He pointed out all there is to do in Niagara and beyond. Be sure to take the shuttle down to the Fort.

• USA, All Female Group, 41+
16th Jul 2017

This was in a location that was in good walking distance to the falls with a nice park path to follow. The area is older and I'm not sure how I would feel out alone at night but we did not feel unsafe while we were there. It was easy to cross over to Canada. The facilities are in an older building but it was clean. Everyone was nice. It was very quiet and it was good to have parking. I would stay here again

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
10th Jul 2017

Arrived early to niagara and headed straight to the hostel. The owner was able to store luggage for the day and gave excellent advise on seeing the falls. A strange thing happened though, when asking the owner if he had a common bathroom that we could use he said there isn't one and that all the bathrooms are in the rooms, but I found on in the main common area, he hide a toilet from us when we needed one. It was very very strange. Rooms are big and verge on being hotel rooms.

I'm glad you found the hostel good despite the not being provided facilities before check-in. All bathrooms are inside the dorms and with six people per dorm/bathroom the one exception is protected for current guest and staff use. Check-in is at 3pm, we do accept luggage and provide great information between 9am and 3pm but that is all, the rest of the facilities are protected for current guest use. Once you become a guest we strive to treat you to all we have to offer. Early arrivals are treated like strangers in need of luggage storage and information.

• Mexico, Female, 31-40
1st Jul 2017

The place is clean and nice. It is really 15 minutes away in walking distance from Niagara Falls and the Rainbow bridge to cross to Canada. Super convenient. If you go there, make sure you go to the Canadian side, the Falls look amazing from there too.

Thank you for staying with us and seeing it all! Not many hostels allow you to walk to another country and we are closer to the Canadian side of the falls than most Canadian hostels (maybe all of them)

30th Jun 2017

Great location within walking distance to the Niagara Falls. On-site parking was convenient. Lockers in rooms (just bring a lock). Comfortable beds. Overall, great stay.

Thank your for staying and for taking the time to review us. Thank you even more for emphasizing the bring your own lock! We do provide a generous amount of locker space for a hostel but if you need them secured you need to bring a standard pad lock.

• USA, Female, 41+
27th Jun 2017

Three of my grandchildren and I stayed at Gorge View last week. The kids loved the available board games. My granddaughter loved the style of the room likening it to a future apartment, I liked the convenience of food preparation in the room, location to the falls and being budget friendly making our vacation more affordable.

Our private rooms definitely provide a lot more than what one expects from a hostel room and with small groups that need multiple beds they are ideal. Thank you for staying and highlighting are (formerly) secret strength.