Gorge View Reviews

723 3rd. Street, Niagara Falls, USA

Great place to stay, was there in the winter, and even though there wasn't anything special on in the area, the owner, Jeff, is friendly and very accommodating in showing what there is to do in town. Highly recommended, if a bit quiet in December.

So true December is quiet i Niagara Falls we receive so few visitors but with snow there is a unique beauty and serenity. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay despite the main attractions not being open. We are taking this slower time to focus on improving our rooms. We have already repainted your room, it is so much brighter! Still it would be brighter with you. Thank you for staying and providing us feedback.

Overall good value for money hostel in this area. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feed back. As we go through the slower winter months we are focusing on renovating and improving our rooms. We look forward to completing these projects and providing our guests even greater value next year.

The hostel is in a perfect location, just a 10 minute walk to the falls. It was extremely clean and comfortable and you can see that a lot of work has gone in to updating and improving the hostel by the owner Jeff. He was welcoming and extremely knowledgeable about the area and also very helpful. On first impressions some may not think the area safe, but I didn't feel unsafe walking to the hostel or around the attractions in Niagara.

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and for the inspiring praise.... Just because you mentioned "a lot of work" we're going to do a lot more this winter!!! Thanks for bolstering confidence about the area but to be honest we are expecting a lot of ghosts and goblins by the end of this week (Halloween and all). Should go back to safe after that.

I did not understand your explanation about the charges and I was surprised to see a charge on my card. TOtally fine, but now I have to charge you for your future night in Roatan!

• 12th Oct 2014

Hehe!!! Well again I apologize totally for all the confusion and I certainly didn't mean to surprise you but wow, of all the times for me to screw up a check in that bad it was with another proprietor. Well, I hope to pay you for more than one night in Roatan!! If I make it there you can recommend a great place to eat and I'll take you there too.

The owner Jeff was very friendly we talked for at least two hours one day. He is very dedicated and cleans the rooms himself. The building was a former apartment complex so the bathrooms are in your room and not down the hall. Some apartments are still kept for long term stays. You get your own key to the front door. The rooms are huge and secure with lockers. I went midweek in October so the place wasnt packed. By the weekend it was full.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed it and it is always a pleasure when we have time to talk with guests, share stories......

free parking! love it... really convenient (I was driving) and close to everything (3rd street)

• 4th Oct 2014

No problems, I think it would be silly to put you in walking distance of everything, tell you to leave your car in the lot and then charge you. Then again..... maybe we should.... then I could afford to travel.... just kidding. Seriously, I'm glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the review. Free parking for guests will continue.

Bathrooms and kitchen very clean. Atmosphere inviting, and staff very friendly and helpful!

• 27th Sep 2014

Thank you for the positive feedback, definitely a motivator to keep up the hard work. We're looking forward to major improvements on the bathrooms over the winter months so that we'll get more adjectives besides "clean" like maybe beautiful! but we'll have to wait and see how the renovations go and how everyone likes the result. Again thanks for the praises though, it's actually humbling as well as motivating - Too kind but thank you.

View all Niagara Falls Hostels