Gorge View Reviews

723 3rd. Street, Niagara Falls, USA

Overall good value for money hostel in this area. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The hostel is in a perfect location, just a 10 minute walk to the falls. It was extremely clean and comfortable and you can see that a lot of work has gone in to updating and improving the hostel by the owner Jeff. He was welcoming and extremely knowledgeable about the area and also very helpful. On first impressions some may not think the area safe, but I didn't feel unsafe walking to the hostel or around the attractions in Niagara.

I did not understand your explanation about the charges and I was surprised to see a charge on my card. TOtally fine, but now I have to charge you for your future night in Roatan!

• 12th Oct 2014

The owner Jeff was very friendly we talked for at least two hours one day. He is very dedicated and cleans the rooms himself. The building was a former apartment complex so the bathrooms are in your room and not down the hall. Some apartments are still kept for long term stays. You get your own key to the front door. The rooms are huge and secure with lockers. I went midweek in October so the place wasnt packed. By the weekend it was full.

free parking! love it... really convenient (I was driving) and close to everything (3rd street)

• 4th Oct 2014

Bathrooms and kitchen very clean. Atmosphere inviting, and staff very friendly and helpful!

• 27th Sep 2014

Unique, historic house and a comfortable room, very helpful and kind staff, walking distance to the falls and all important spots. Recommendation!

Loved the owner!! He was very outgoing and personable and friendly. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable!

One of the biggest, and best decorated, hostel rooms I've been in. Staff was amazing and helpful. It's a bit out of the way from downtown and the Falls, but still walking distance. Great place to stay!

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

I really enjoyed my stay at Gorge View. Owner was very helpful in providing information and directions. The location is great; short walk to the Falls and grocery store. Great view of the fireworks display from the rooftop. The hostel is very clean and safe; lockers in all the rooms (though I never really felt the need to lock anything up), and only people staying at the hostel can enter after hours (key provided/no curfew). There's a new and clean propane grill out back, and w/d facilities.

The guy running the place was very welcoming, you get a map and he tells you everything you need to know!

This hostel is in probably the best location you could ask for! Right near the falls and only around a 15 minute walk to get across to the Canadian side! The owner is super friendly and gives you lots of great advice! Only bad thing is the limited check in time, meant I had to fly to arrive within the check in times as the bus timetable doesn't work greatly around it if you're bussing from other cities! The rooms are really big, really modern and really clean! Highly recommend staying here :)

Stayed here for 2 nights during a trip to the Falls and it was amazing. Very modern, funky looking hostel with a really friendly, personable owner in Jeff who really is a great guy and has a great vision for the hostel. Dorm room of 6 was big and comfortable with plenty of space for luggage etc. Common area very good with TV, free fast WiFi, free tea/coffee and oatmeal for breakfast. Jeff is pretty relaxed and allows guests to bring in own food, drink and even alcohol which great.

Gorge view is a great hostel with a friendly environment. Be sure to get there at the agreed time as that is strictly enforced. It is close to the falls and a good nights sleep!

The staff was hugely helpful to me during my stay. The atmosphere was very welcoming, and the facilities were impeccably clean. My only complaint was that in the girl's dorm on the first floor, the window in the bathroom would not shut completely, and as a result, the room got quite chilly during the night. However, I understand the building is undergoing renovations and I'm sure that will be addressed.

• 7th Sep 2014

Great place to stay. About a 10minute walk from the falls. Owner is great and sociable and good with giving you advice on where to go. Make sure you don't wonder to far into the local neighborhood, mainly around the grocery shop, but apart from that. It's great.

At the end we did not stay on this hoste. The reason.... Well, our flight from Boston to Buffalo was delayed, so we called once we were arriving to Niagara to tell the guy in the reception that we were going to check in late, and he wanted to charge us 20 dollars more per person, at the end the total was going to be like 89 dollars, so with that amount of money we decided to stay in a hotel.

The hostel was close to the main attractions - the falls, Gorge trails, the aquarium, etc.. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay very much.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

It was a great hostel and we really enjoyed our time there!

If you're staying to see the falls you should stay at Gorge View. The staff gave us great tips on places to eat, arrange the accommodations so my family could bunk together, gave excellent advice on exploring the area.

• 14th Aug 2014