Gorge View Reviews

723 3rd. Street, Niagara Falls, USA

This hostel is in probably the best location you could ask for! Right near the falls and only around a 15 minute walk to get across to the Canadian side! The owner is super friendly and gives you lots of great advice! Only bad thing is the limited check in time, meant I had to fly to arrive within the check in times as the bus timetable doesn't work greatly around it if you're bussing from other cities! The rooms are really big, really modern and really clean! Highly recommend staying here :)

Great place to stay. About a 10minute walk from the falls. Owner is great and sociable and good with giving you advice on where to go. Make sure you don't wonder to far into the local neighborhood, mainly around the grocery shop, but apart from that. It's great.

• 6th Sep 2014

At the end we did not stay on this hoste. The reason.... Well, our flight from Boston to Buffalo was delayed, so we called once we were arriving to Niagara to tell the guy in the reception that we were going to check in late, and he wanted to charge us 20 dollars more per person, at the end the total was going to be like 89 dollars, so with that amount of money we decided to stay in a hotel.

The hostel was close to the main attractions - the falls, Gorge trails, the aquarium, etc.. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay very much.

• 19th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

It was a great hostel and we really enjoyed our time there!

If you're staying to see the falls you should stay at Gorge View. The staff gave us great tips on places to eat, arrange the accommodations so my family could bunk together, gave excellent advice on exploring the area.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

A truly great place to stay!! Good location ... within walking distance of Niagara Falls and the Gorge View roof is a fantastic view point for the Friday night fireworks. Overall, good value for money!!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

The staff are very nice and welcoming, and Jeff the owner was very helpful in telling me how to get to the Falls and recommending the best tourist attractions to do there. It's a small and quiet hostel, definitely not a party place, but neither is Niagara USA really. If you're just looking for a clean and cheap stay whilst you check out the Niagara Falls, then this is certainly the right place for you. I loved that they offer free tea, coffee and oatmeal to its guests. Would definitely return!

great stay.. very close to Niagara... good staff, clean rooms.. good for a short stay at Niagara

Excellent hostel, in a very good location, very clean , the bedroom was big and had the own bathroom, near everything and the host was very nice. The fireworks view from the roof was great! Thanks a lot!

• 4th Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Very helpfull and friendly staff. Large and clean rooms, with good bath and lavatory facilitys. The getaway hostel in Chicago, is the only hostel that i would say is better, that i have lived in, in the USA.

Great stay overall. Was disappointed by staff knowledge of walking tours and things to do at Niagara Falls when compared to the knowledge displayed at other larger US hostels.

Its a very nice Hostel to stay at, with a very familair atmosphere. If I ll visit the Falls again, I am definately going to stay at this hostel again.

Gorge View hostel is the best place to stay in Niagara Falls, NY. It's on the 3rd street which is pretty close to wonderful falls (10 mins by walk). Staff is so nice and always willing to help, dorms are cozy and clean and every room has its own bathroom. There is also one common room where you can meet other guests, have a little breakfast or watch TV. If you need wash your clothes you can do it in laundry room. And one last amazing thing to do - to watch fireworks over the falls from the roof.

Everything about this place is excellent. It's a 10 minute walk to the Rainbow Bridge where you can cross the border into Canada to see the falls. I cannot recommend this place enough to people going to Niagara Falls. Thank you Jeff for picking me up from the bus stop too. Excellent host!

Thanks for staying with us and I'm so glad you got the most out of your trip visiting two countries walking from one Hostel is just what we expect everyone to do.... experience the up close personal experience visiting the falls from the US side provides and see the immensity of it from Canada's distant vistas not to mention the illumination is wonderful from that side. No thanks necessary, you know the bus stop was so close anyway. Happy trails!

Very good place, super clean and organized, very well located

I love here! This place was so nice! But it's a little inconvenient because they dont have stove and pot to cook sth. Except that, everything was perfect.!

• 25th May 2014
  • South Korea

Thanks for taking the time to provide us honest feedback and we are glad you found most everything to be great. We agree a stove is needed and we hope to have a totally new kitchen next season. We have however added a gas grill with a stove burner to our back patio to provide a wider variety of food preparation options to our guests.

Definitely the best option in Niagara Falls :-) Everything was just perfect!

Diki moc krat!!! I think that's close to thanks very much! You are too kind, I am not sure we are perfect but we are trying to be.

Love this place. Niagara Falls is more than just the falls, visit this hostel and they will tell you all about the Gorge I loved it!

You were such a wonderful guest and we are glad you got to fully experience the wonders of Niagara Falls in the way we hope everyone will. There is so much more natural wonder and beauty to behold beyond just the falls. I hope your journey through the US continued to be awesome.

Obsluga bardzo pomocna i przyjacielskaPOLECAMAgnieszka-Krakow

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We want our guests to enjoy Niagara Falls and work hard to ensure they do. We hope everyone leaves feeling as you do.

View all Niagara Falls Hostels