9.5
Superb 344 Total Reviews
9.5
Superb 344 Total Reviews
Gorge View Located at 723 3rd. Street, , Niagara Falls.
USA
Niagara Falls New York 14301 723 3rd. Street
95% 344
43.0951280 -79.0592490
    Rooms available

• ahannahokstate
  • USA, Male, 25-30
17th Jul 2016

I arrived late Sunday night driving in from CT. Staff came back to meet me and do check-in, which was awesome. I'd forgotten my passport, so Jeff showed me all things to see on the American side. Maid of mist, Cave of the winds, Fort Niagara, hiking trails were all wonderful plans. The place is clean, clean beds, bathroom. Towels are available, ac in the rooms, lockers too. Close to many good restaurants & the falls/hiking trails. I'll stay again for sure!

• Saudi Arabia, Male, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016

It's good place to safe money, clean Jaff who is the owner of the hostel is a good man to talk to him. People was unfriendly

Thank you for staying with us. It was a difficult time for me as you noticed I was using crutches and canes to walk so I wasn't able to work as hard as normal and my usual high standards suffered. Thank you for understanding and I hope your travels continue well.

• India, Female, 18-24
11th Jun 2016
8.0

The place is like a typical hostel which is awesome. The only low point is no food service even to buy. So for late night food urges I had to take a 20min walk to the stores and back

Yes the late night food urges can be tough without prior planning as after midnight the nearby (five minute walk) stores are closed. But you are right food service would be a great addition but we are still focused on restoration of this rather large and old (140 years) building. As we only use the ground floor for tourist accommodations and reinvest the revenue into restorations we can not afford the staffing a quality food service entails but as we complete restoration and grow our capacity we are looking forward to adding that amenity in the future.

• England, Male, 18-24
26th May 2016

It is in a great location the staff are really helpful and nice with plenty of good tip and i would definitely say again

Thank you for staying with us. Was a pleasure having you. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels just as well.

22nd May 2016

Great location, friendly, and helpful staff. The building itself was older but well maintained and clean. Rooms were comfortable and had plenty of space. I'd definitely stay here again in the future.

Thank you for the positive feedback. We're always working to improve this 140 year old building. It might takes us another 8 years but it will one day be one of the best hostel experiences on Earth with a blend of antique charm and modern convenience. In the mean time will continue with providing spacious dorms, simplicity, cleanliness and comfort.

• USA, Male, 25-30
6th May 2016

Our host was very welcoming the older building has a nice atmosphere.

Thanks for coming and thank you more.... the building gets a little jealous when people give me too much credit and no love for her. She has aged well and she has been exercising so seems to be in better shape every day, I'm glad you sang her praises.

6th May 2016

My friend and I wanted to plan a trip to Niagara Falls for a weekend and stay close enough to the falls that we didn't need to drive. The Gorge View was the perfect location for us as it was only a 5 minute or less walk to the USA falls and a short walk across the bridge to the Canadian side. The "Captain" made us feel very welcome from the moment we checked in and was always available to give us advice and even took us to an overlook to watch fireworks over the falls one evening. Stay here :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the everything. You did such a great job hiking all the trails. You were awesome guests you travel well together I hope to see you in the future.

28th Apr 2016

I Was there for couple day And I have had a awesome days! I definitely choose it again.

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed the stay. It was awesome having you here and it will be more awesome if you are able to return one day during a different season. Now that May is here it's getting warmer and prettier every day plus all the attractions are opening, fire works show every Friday and Sunday now and soon a free trolley to take guests all the way to Lake Ontario and all 7 State parks in between... so if you thought you had an awesome time, I had to tell you but the next few months of guests are going to have a more awesome time.... but truly thank you for staying and sharing your experience.

• China, Male, 31-40
27th Apr 2016

It is my luck to stay in Gorge View. The owner Jeff is very friendly and helpful. With his help, my hiking is wonderful. The hostel is very clean. A big food supermarket is nearby. It is also convenient to take bus to buffalo. I will definitely revisit Gorge view and be very happy to recommend it to my friends.

It was my luck to have you. Glad you enjoyed your stay and found everything. We are pretty proud of our location. It's very central to both the grocery store as well as the falls. While plenty of Hotels are closer to the falls. Very few give you a glimpse of the falls within a few minutes walk. Few give you such a nice beautiful path almost from the front door to the edge of the falls in minutes and no matter what if they are closer to the falls they are farther from the Grocery Story. (That's probably the big secret about our location.)

15th Apr 2016
7.4

A little out of the way, but probably not a big deal for those traveling with a car. Jeff was very helpful and eager to make my stay as easy and enjoyable as possible.

Thank you for providing the feed back. I do wish I could pick the building up and move it closer to the falls. There are plenty of closer hotels but as Hostels go this is as close as you get, but we think the 15 minute walk from the front door to the edge of the falls along the Niagara Gorge makes it worth it so many miss that part of the gorge. More importantly though starting in the Middle of May there will be a free trolley that picks up across the street and will take guests all the way to the end of the rive to Lake Ontario and Back giving you all 7 State Parks along the Niagara Gorge and Lower River without using a car. Sorry you didn't get to enjoy that new amenity.