Gorge View Reviews

723 3rd. Street, Niagara Falls, USA

We had a good stay, nice location, host was very nice and helped understand about the placeplace with excellent facilities

• 30th Dec 2015

The room is very clean and comfortable, now it is winter time not many tourists, but the room keep warm all the day. The host is very nice and friendly, provided all the information I need, I enjoy a lot my stay there.

Really enjoyed our stay at Gorge View - was in walking distance of Niagara Falls and food options 😀

Nice hostel. It was empty while I was there so I had most of the place to myself the room, bathroom, kitchen and dining area. Excellent location not too far from supermarket the niagra falls US side and not to far to go over to the canadian side through border control. Jeffrey was an a great host who took the time out for a chat thank you it means alot when your a solo traveller. He also waited for me after reception hours on his day off. Thank you for an excellent experience.

Great place to stay!

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We are happy it was a good one and we'll keep working to improve it in the future! Enjoy the rest of your travels.

This hostel is AMAZING!!!!!! I really recommend it and it is definitely one of the best hostels I ever stayed in! Unfortunatelly i only stayed on night there and i arrived really late in the middle of the night. Thank you so much for managing that! The rooms are REALLY clean, and there wasn't anything bad on my stay in the hostel :)

Perfect location. Clean. Safe. Great price.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feed back! I'm happy it's all so positive. Makes the effort worthwhile and motivates us to continue improving.

Jeff, the owner was very accommodating with our late check in. He also provided invaluable information about the different attractions of the Niagara Falls. Would definitely stay there again for our next visit.

• 14th Oct 2015
  • Singapore

Thank you for staying and sharing your experience. We do try to be accommodating and it is easy to do when guests communicate with us in advance.

Great location. Friendly staff. Jeff is happy to point out other things to do/see in the area. Also happy to sit down and have a chat. Basic, but clean hostel that I'd be happy to return to.

• 14th Oct 2015

Thanks for staying. I love great guests. Hope your travels have continued well, and enjoy the journey.

We went during a quieter time of year so there weren't too many people. Jeff was an absolute legend and helped us with everything we needed! Neat hostel, comfortable beds, great location.

Thank you so much that is a whole lot of praise... I'm trying not to let Jeff read this ;) "legend" could go to his head! I'm glad you enjoyed things even though it was the off season. Sometimes it's nice to enjoy the serenity of nature when it's actually serene (as in fewer people).

I arrived here on 2nd week of October towards the end of my J1 visa. After spending 4 months working and travelling around California and the west coast, the last place I wanted to visit before my flight back to Scotland was Niagara Falls, New York State. For those few years studying geography in high school and learning about the US-especially Niagara Falls, this was well worth the visit. A time in a lifetime I think of everyday. My stay was made very welcome by the host. Keep up the good work.

Great hostel. Very clean and quite. Nice front desk people. Thanks !!

• 10th Oct 2015

You are so welcome thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review. We can not promise quiet but we are a very quiet hostel. Our guests spend so much time walking and hiking around the falls and the Niagara Gorge, seldom is anyone in the mood to be up and around making noise at late hours.

The hostel itself is very nice but not the neighborhood. Very close to the fall. Very great value for money!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. While we are proud and will continue to strive to be the best building and facility on from the Aquarium across from us and the emerging entertainment district 2 blocks away. We have to admit the residents on the next block can do a better job with their property. We apologize... with more guests in the coming years though maybe one day we can take that block over too!

Very clean and comfi. Renovated rooms. Nice kitchen to those who wants to cook or warm up food. Free WiFi, coffee and tea. 10 minutes walk to the Niagara falls and great nature trails around. Great tips from the owner. The right place to be in while visiting Niagara falls!

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are particularly motivated when a longer stay guests provides such praise. It motivates us to stay on our path of continual improvement so that each and every year our guests have an even better experience and enjoy greater value. It's also nice to get to know guests so thanks for staying and sharing your observations. Hope your travels are continuing well.

Such a great first experience staying in a hostel! Fantastic place, with a super down to earth and goofy owner who was cool to talk to, and super helpful with finding what to do in his city. I would recommend this hostel to everyone that I hear that's heading north towards the Falls. Great location, walking distance from the falls, and casino. I'll be staying here again when I come back up to explore the Canadian side.

Er, goofy? #@$!!! Ok, sometimes. Glad you enjoyed your stay. It's awesome to see Americans every now and then in the hostel and it's great you got out and enjoyed the area. I look forward to seeing you again, while Canada is also a short walk, stay out of trouble I got no pull over there.

I had a very good stay at Gorge View. The owner was very accommodating. He created a first class environment. The place was very clean; the facilities were excellent. I will definitely stay at Gorge View again. When I was going to university I worked as a hotel maid at a luxury hotel and I appreciate the efforts the owner made to provide excellent accommodation for his clients. He spent quite a bit of money buying quality furniture. The place really looked good. It was also quiet

• 28th Sep 2015

The hostel was nice. I appreciated the large lockers. Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly, but the office hours weren't great. It's very close to the Falls, but it wasn't in an area I felt particularly comfortable walking around by myself.

While we are the closest hostel to the falls and in what is probably the safest tourist district in the world, the city itself has suffered in the post industrial era. So between poor lighting and vacant houses, at night particularly in the fall it can feel remote but being 10 minutes closer than our competing hostel within the tourist district, (and counting our bias) we think you made the right choice. Office hours... well we are small we only sleep 22 people and can't afford more staff

Great hostel! A little cold though but other great. Nice beds, good kitchen, great staff.

Thank you so much. Sorry about the heat we did get surprised by a quick change from hot to cold and we find it a challenge this time of year to get the heat right but we're getting there. It was wonderful having you and I hope the rest of your travels have gone well and been warm ;-)

Really nice hostel - only negative is that the towels provided are extremely small, but that's no biggie! Highly recommend! Right next to the falls!

Thank you so much... yes we agree the towels are small but the rate at which guests stain and ruin them is making it a challenge to provide them free without raising rates. At the same time we are only in the second year of operation with a very old but charming building. Thanks to guests like you we are improving the building and in the future we will turn towards improving the amenities all while maintain low prices in our great location.

No towel. No breakfast. Staff comes in late and leaves early. It just didn't feel well run, but the place was clean and functional.

We are a small hostel with 3 dorms & 1 private room. Very rarely do we not have staff available by 9am but weekdays during the off season we do cut back based occupancy levels in order to maintain low prices for guests. You enjoyed a very early check in and a 6 bed dorm to yourself. I do apologize that you weren't afforded greater personal attention. We do have a fully equipped kitchen accessible 24 hours a day. I'm sorry you didn't get a towel these are available.

View all Niagara Falls Hostels