Graffiti Reviews

Carrer D'Arago 527, Barcelona, Spain

Location is good, but the staff ins't so friendly.

Graffiti was an awesome hostel to spend time in, meet people and have a drink - but very far from the city centre! it was very tedious trying to get home after a late night. Some staff were brilliant - others very rude. Overall I'm happy with my stay at Graffiti - although next time would definitely try to find something closer to the action!

This place was pretty awful. Very dirty. The receptionist was extremely rude to me as soon as I walked on. She insisted i sit in the common room and wait while she checked in one other guest. She then angrily beckoned me over when she was ready as if I had been wasting her time by waiting in the area she put me in. Very odd. She seemed irritated that had to check me in and snapped at me when i told her my credit card had no chip in it.

Good value for money! The staff is friendly, it's very pleasant.

• 10th Aug 2014

Worst hostel i've ever stayed in,a really tiny fan for a room of 10 and not air conditionner as stated on their website,the terasse that closes at 11 pm!!(they forget to mention it...)the staff was the most imcompetent and rudest i've seen.they messed up our reservation and we ended up in 3 different rooms,but not as badly as for other people who purely and simply didnt have bed for the 1st 2 days of their stays!they didnt let them have a shower even if it was their mistake.an hostel to avoid!!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Greece

Overall the hostel was just ok. It was difficult to find at first, no lift so you had to carry your luggage upstairs and even though the hostel was cleaned daily it still felt dirty. Some staff was more rude than others and when I wanted to check out there was no one to be found and I was waiting for at least five minutes, but one of the staff members was very friendly and gave me some suggestions of places to go see. Also there was no AC and very loud. But it could have been worse.

• 2nd Aug 2014

The air condition that they wrote is very poor. If you plan to go this hostel summer, think twice. Cuz you'll melt. I spent 5 days but nobody clean my room. I found a bug in my bag after i left the room. On the other hand, hostel is so close the metro station so it was nice. Consider all these and think twice while you're booking.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

well, the nights there weren't easy. Beds were kind of dirty, and it was really hot in the room. Air conditioner wasn't available all the time. Plus rude neighbor. Anyway, it was cheap and the staff were ok. and good location made it not that bad.

No air con!

• 21st Jul 2014

Nice hostel to expend your vacances. The main problem is the noise from the cars in the street.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Very disappointed with this hostel, especially as it was more expensive than most places we've stayed while traveling. The shower room and toilette was unclean and clearly needed redecorating. The room we stayed in, private twin room, had no privacy due to the one wall being taken up by huge windows and doors onto a busy communal terrace. Our door was frequently opened by other guests, which made us feel quite unsafe. The place had no air conditioning, and the fan was a joke.

Really good hostel! Reasonably priced, very social and not to far from the metro. We just walked most places which was easy. If you want to have some fun in Barcelona stay here. Happy vibe!

Clean room and OK location. Though rude unhelpful staff. I needed to book a bus and was having trouble finding the phone number for the bus station.. they looked briefly on their computer, however after telling me they cldnt find the number continued to do work on the computer. I assumed they were still helping me. After 5 minutes of sitting there awkwardly I asked if they were still looking politely,in which I got in reply "You have a smartphone. We have work to do" So rude. Wont be returning

• 4th Jul 2014

Good for the money. Situation was ok, calm neighborhood and close to the metro and a few minutes walk to Sagrada Familia. The dorm (8 beds - ensuite) was fine, the first night some other guest left a complete mess in the toilet, but it was promptly cleaned by the staff. The water flow of the shower, however, left a lot to be desired. Also, only 2 plugs in the dorm, one of them taken by the much-needed fan... not exactly handy when all 8 people want to charge their phones and cameras

• Spain

Nice place in a great neighbourhood.

• 4th Jul 2014

There is mold on the communal bathroom of the older part.

• 3rd Jul 2014

We had a great stay in Graffiti hostel, the staff were helpful and friendly. Rooms and toilets were cleaned daily. Some of it needs a lick of paint but can't fault it it's close to the metro station and attractions. Only issue was there wasn't a lock on our bedroom door for a dorm room however you can use the lockers for free and we had no security issues. Would stay again !

Hostel was really messy and not well ventilated. Stayed in the only "private room" in the hostel which wasn't very private as it faced the outside area where everyone sat and socialized- they could see into our room. I've been backpacking for nearly a year now and this hostel has been the worst.

I liked the staff, the crowd and the better than average kitchen

Graffiti was a really positive experience for the money. The kitchen is super easy to use and much more convenient than many hostels I've stayed in, and the terraces are a really nice place to hang out and meet other people. While it's a small modest place, the layout encourages socializing and is very relaxed. You may have to wait for a shower or the bathroom and hot water isn't always abundant, but it's still a cool place. Also right next to the metro which is really convenient.