Grafton House Accommodation Reviews

6 Glenside Cresent, grafton, Auckland, New Zealand

The person who checked me in on Friday afternoon, 28 November about 3 or 4pm, was incredibly rude. He locked the door on me while letting another in & I had to call him on the intercom. He told me he hadn't locked it when indeed he had, and let me stand at the lift while I pushed buttons for several moments to get it to come. He went upstairs and let me find out for myself that it didn't work. But both Kevin and Liam were lovely, making my stay exceptional. + free laundry powder & internet!

• 28th Nov 2014

5 minutes to the center. Number of bathroom poor. Staff very nice.

Hi, we actually have bathrooms, kitchens and common areas on every floor, thanks

Good place for backpakers and short terms.

Really enjoyed my stay here. First place I stayed after arriving in New Zealand

The Hostel was lovely, bit of a walk from the city, but not too far. The staff were great, super friendly. The hostel's living area and kitchen were reasonable small, but it meant you got to talk and meet more people. I would reconmend a stay here, even though its not directly in the city center, its a lot more value for money than the other places I stayed,.

Nice hostel and cool staff

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Slovenia

Staff was wery friendly. There was no problem with anything. You can meet very interesting people there, not only from New Zealand! The only one thing was bad. Stolen soap...

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Great hostel, excellent staff so friendly and helpful. Great seating/decking area outside great for BBQ's drinking and socialising. Kitchens and bathrooms cleaned everyday to a high standard. Very close to the city and excellent value for money! Would definitely stay here again!

• 7th Oct 2014

Hi, thanks for the feedback, our decking area is so much fun now summers nearly here, BBQs every week :)

Super-friendly staff, cool people, everything is nice and clean. TV room is awesome! Thank you for an amazing time!:)

• 7th Oct 2014

Hi, thanks for the great feedback, our cleaners work really hard keeping it nice :)

Excellent location near by city centre. Staff members are friendly and helpful. Big kitchen and tv room. Atmosphere is very nice!

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Finland

Location was miles away from city centre and any supermarkets!. Kitchens where falling to pieces and same with the bathrooms .

Hi, we are sorry you didn't enjoy your stay with us, we are a 5 minute walk to famous K road which is then a quick walk down Queen st, Super markets are on K road and Queens st, staff can help with any directions or all are listed on our wall map Kitchens and bathrooms are all newly renovated and may have needed those finishing touches when you were here, safe travels thanks

I'd booked for 2 nights at first but decided to extend my stay for another 2 weeks when i was in Auckland. The main reason I extended my stay was because of the unlimited free wifi (although is not that 'smooth' but is good enough for daily use) and the location (it is not located in the 'heart' of the city but is accessible to the city/hypermarket/bank/bus stop by walking) The hostel manager is helpful and able to provide help when in need. The washroom and kitchen is well-maintain and clean.

A bit of a walk up the hill, but great value for money. I was only there one night so cant really comment on atmosphere but the staff were helpful, straight forward check in and out, room was quiet and comfortable, bathroom clean and airport bus just around the corner.

Very good hostel to stay in for those visiting Auckland!

Great place. Common areas, toilets and showers on every floor. Good location. Great guy that runs it. No complaints at all.

Was a very nice place to stay and every one was very nice

• 24th Jul 2014

Stayed here last week, was impressed compared to some ive stayed in, good location, was very clean, beds were very compfy, wasent to quiet but wasent to loud and the reception person spoke english, which ive found is getting hard to find. i'll be back on my way back through next week :)

• 16th Jul 2014