Grafton House Accommodation Reviews

6 Glenside Cresent, grafton, Auckland, New Zealand

I enjoyed staying at this hostel as I found it which wasn't a big problem. I came late and I could find my key very easily!! Top! People are chilled and it's very small. To less showers and toilets in each floor but alright.

• 25th Mar 2015

A nice hostel with a good standard of room, however not very central as it take about 20 minutes to get to queens street and the centre of Auckland. The walk is downhill there and uphill back, which is made worse with the shopping you have to carry as there is no close supermarket.

Great friendly and welcoming place to stay, people a genuine, the hostel is close to town, trains and buses.

No complaints! My bedroom was quite loud next to the highway but not too much to be done about that. Rooms were clean, staff was nice, it's not the fanciest hostel but was definitely a fine place.

Staff was nice and the location was convenient. But some downsides: high fees for using a credit card, a cash deposit for keys and a parking spot we thought we had reserved was unavailable. We had all 4 bunks in a 4 bunk room but someone's stuff was still in the room at check in and though we were told sheets would be in the room there were only 1 and a half sets for 4 bunks. The bathrooms were clean but those on our floor were almost always in use and one had to wait for them.

Hi, we are glad you enjoyed your stay in our hostel, unfortunately we were having some emergency works in the car park when you arrived and was unable to offer you a space. All hostels charge a key deposit as well as our reasonably small fee of 2% for credit card transactions. Bedding issues were sorted straight away, have a great trip from the Grafton House team

The staff was unfriendly and rude, not carrying phone on them and hard to get in touch plus unorganized, toilet paper missing in facilities and very average cleanliness, value for money definitely not worth it.

• 10th Mar 2015

Internet was constantly down, staff was never in the office during office hours, whenever staff was in office they were not very helpful (texting on phone during conversation with you), place was very gross (especially the carpets), showers barely functioned. Not recommended.

• 9th Mar 2015

Awesome common area which is still in renovation but it's looks nicer every week. Very nice managers, they help out where ever they can. Good bathrooms, free wifi. Close to city center. Free BBQ on Thursdays which is very good to meet new people. Living room in each floor are very good. I'm definitely going to stay there again if I'm in Auckland.

• 26th Feb 2015

The hostel looks to be a converted office block, the central living area/lounge on the floor I stayed would have been a waiting room/reception or something, several of the dorm rooms had glass panels looking into the living area which had been covered with curtains. As hostels go it was not bad, not great but not horrible, just sort of middle of the road. However the curtains are thin light coloured and let a lot of light though from the central living area, which made it had to sleep.

• 13th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

I've been travelling for over 18 months and I can happily say that this is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed.So much so that I became a "long termer". The hostel is perfectly located just outside the busy CBD with great transport links. The guests it seems to attract are amazing people that you can form good friendships with. Some hostels are just concerned with making money, Grafton House Accommodation is run by 2 awesome guys who will do anything they can to help! Plus free wifi!!

• 2nd Feb 2015

Smelly rooms. Okay place...not great.

free wifi which was good, cleanliness level however not the best i've come accross so far. very small cramped room

bit of a walk to the centre and it feels more like someone's home than a hostel but not too bad.

Great hostel, very good price, safe and clean ! Big thanks to all the staff again ! I'll be back for sure next time I'm in Auckland.

• 27th Jan 2015

The small TV-room on 1st floor was awesome. They were doing some kind of renovation so the office was not up and running, which meant we had to wait around for the guy, but he was mostly quick to answer so was all good really. Not really located close to anything useful, except a nice thai food restaurant. We liked it well, would stay again.

Decent enough, fine for a few days. Little bit tucked away. 15 minute walk to city centre. But not too far from Ponsemby area. Auckland being quite spread out it's kind of middle of the two. Staff are on location but office isn't occupied really. Easy enough to get ahold of.

Uncomplicated Staff, great familial atmosphere.

The staff was nice and booked a taxi for us, that unfortunately never came. Fortunately the airbus is just at the corner so we managed to take the bus to reach the airport. The room was really small and smelt bad, the matress doesn't have a fitted sheet but they use a normal sheet, it would be good to have both for the cleanliness. One shower didn't have a door. Otherwise, the bathroom is quite good, the kitchen and lounge a bit old style but it feels like home here.

• 17th Jan 2015

Stayed 10 days in Grafton. Lovely and helpfull staff, facilities are good, although the number of bathrooms/toilets is slightly under what is needed. This said, lots of changes are being undertaken by the new management. The outdoor area is being renewed and enlarged, the first floor will change as well, taking care of the facility availability issue. All in all, good atmosphere, a good mix of travellers and friendly long termers. Just over 20min to the supermarket and CBD. Will stay again.

I had a very pleasant stay at the Grafton House. The rooms were good, bed slept comfortable. Nice common room, not too big, so it's easy to meet people when you're traveling by yourself. The kitchen wasn't very attractive.

• 2nd Jan 2015