Grafton House Accommodation Reviews

6 Glenside Cresent, grafton, Auckland, New Zealand

The hostel had no information about rooms nor staff help you find them or tour of hostel. The kitchen was a mess, dishes piled high. Bathroom floors covered in water and broken toilet roll holders.

• 19th Aug 2015

Pictures do not reflect what you will find inside. I was really disappointed by facilities and cleanliness of the all building. I would not recommend anyone to stay there. When you really don't care this is what you get.

It´s a nice place, however could be better, also to do the laundry is to expensive.

• 10th Aug 2015

Great place with friendly and helpful staff!

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Finland

The overall stay was positive such that I would definitely stay there again. I just got a good vibe there the whole time. The staff helps you out and are great conversationalists.

I had so much fun at Grafton House! The location is great, and the staff was simply amazing. 10/10 would recommend, and I know that I will definitely return. Thank you so much, guys, for everything!

• 29th Jun 2015

Awesome start in New Zealand. The hostel has a great location close to the city and it is really easy to find it from the airport by bus. The management is apsolutly friendly and helpful. If you have any problems, special when you just arrived in New Zealand, they help you. And you have always a nice conversation with the guys from the management. This is a place with a lot of fun and nice meetings to other people. Absolutely recommendable. Great country, great hostel, great people, lots of fun

• 27th Jun 2015

A very nice place to stay, we didn't have any problems staying there.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel got a really good price for 2 bed dorms (quiet night! Yeah!). I also liked the fridge in every room so no smelly leftover food from last decades. I would not recommend this hostel if you are travelling alone and keen to meet other people because of the atmosphere; seems to be more likely a place for working people then for just a few day stays; but i might be wrong. Also didnt like that the window wasnt openable, but wasnt too bad cause wasnt sticky though

The showers on the first floor were not that good. There were cooking utensils, but they were shared between all floors so it was hard to find things and there was only one can opener that didn't work, so I had to open my can with a knife. The hostel was FREEZING.

• 16th May 2015

Hi, were sorry the hostel was too cold when you stayed, temperatures have dropped suddenly recently, we have now turned the heating up :) having 3 kitchens does mean the utensils sometimes end up in another, our staff go round every week to organize them all back again, we will have our brand new super kitchen and dining room up and running very soon, have a great trip

A good location close to town and public transport. Great staff. Off street parking (hard to find in the city) . Free internet. clean well equipped kitchens. The bus from the airport drives past the building so easy to get to when you fly in.

• 29th Apr 2015

Need to improve cleaning

This was my last night in NZ and I'm sorry to say not a great hostel. The hostel itself was clean enough but the area felt really dodgy and unsafe:( There was a strange guy in my dorm (although this is not the hostels fault!) so I just felt uncomfortable here. The dorm was cramped with stuff -maybe due to people staying long term, I'm not sure. Sorry but wouldn't recommend.

I enjoyed staying at this hostel as I found it which wasn't a big problem. I came late and I could find my key very easily!! Top! People are chilled and it's very small. To less showers and toilets in each floor but alright.

• 25th Mar 2015

A nice hostel with a good standard of room, however not very central as it take about 20 minutes to get to queens street and the centre of Auckland. The walk is downhill there and uphill back, which is made worse with the shopping you have to carry as there is no close supermarket.

Great friendly and welcoming place to stay, people a genuine, the hostel is close to town, trains and buses.

No complaints! My bedroom was quite loud next to the highway but not too much to be done about that. Rooms were clean, staff was nice, it's not the fanciest hostel but was definitely a fine place.

Staff was nice and the location was convenient. But some downsides: high fees for using a credit card, a cash deposit for keys and a parking spot we thought we had reserved was unavailable. We had all 4 bunks in a 4 bunk room but someone's stuff was still in the room at check in and though we were told sheets would be in the room there were only 1 and a half sets for 4 bunks. The bathrooms were clean but those on our floor were almost always in use and one had to wait for them.

Hi, we are glad you enjoyed your stay in our hostel, unfortunately we were having some emergency works in the car park when you arrived and was unable to offer you a space. All hostels charge a key deposit as well as our reasonably small fee of 2% for credit card transactions. Bedding issues were sorted straight away, have a great trip from the Grafton House team

The staff was unfriendly and rude, not carrying phone on them and hard to get in touch plus unorganized, toilet paper missing in facilities and very average cleanliness, value for money definitely not worth it.

Internet was constantly down, staff was never in the office during office hours, whenever staff was in office they were not very helpful (texting on phone during conversation with you), place was very gross (especially the carpets), showers barely functioned. Not recommended.

• 9th Mar 2015