Grafton House Accommodation Reviews

6 Glenside Cresent, grafton, Auckland, New Zealand

Staff was not very helpful, my room was pretty much an oven... I woke up all wet from my sweat, check out at 10am and the decide to block and clean the showers at 7:45 am... Looks like a joke

• 3rd Feb 2016

Before staying here, my friends and I read a lot of reviews and were slightly concerned. However, our stay was absolutely fine and I think the reviews are pretty harsh. So the positives: - Aircon! We stayed in Base in Auckland which had no aircon and no windows... This is way better - security is good - easy to get to/from the airport - good value for money Only negatives are the layout is a bit weird with kitchen next to bathroom and there is a $100 deposit for groups over 5.

Very dirty. Also, not a huge fan of places that a run by people who are staying there.

• 15th Jan 2016

It's a little out of town, however good if like me you have a car and need to park it so I was happy with this. Saying that it's a short walk to the infamous K rd with its bars cafes and restaurants. Was clean and had a nice lounge area. Also there is a separate area downstairs and outside for drinking which is a bonus as adds atmosphere and seperates noise. However I had a room facing the beginning of the motorway.

Worth it, foner optic wifi was on point. Clean, secure. There was some construction being done, but i did not mind. I plan on returning.

The dorm rooms were very cramped and given there were a number of long term stayers in the hostel they were very messy. There was no control over people keeping food in the room, which seemed to have been there a long time as it was going off and smelling. Whilst one floor has been renovated the kitchen and bathroom facilities on our floor were very poor, with the toilet and shower to be accessed through the kitchen and only one of each working on our floor. We avoided being in the hostel.

• 3rd Jan 2016

This hostel was a massive let down compared to the photos which they have on the hostel world website. The rooms are a dive, our room was internal and had no window to the outside world, but r did have a massive internal window to the communal area so you wanted to make sure that the curtains were well shut!! There were marks and stains everywhere and holes in the walls. Parts of it looks like it it under construction so maybe it will improve in future. The location was ok. We wouldn't go back.

Hi we are sorry you didnt enjoy your stay with us, you had chosen our cheapest private room which you was told did not have a window and was also shown the room first. We are currently working our way through the floors repainting all the areas and fitting wood flooring to all rooms to make it a great stay for all our guests, have a great trip

Great kitchen, tables to eat at and really friendly staff. We struggled to sleep without curtains in the 8 bed dorm, and the bathrooms were really, really small so getting changed was hard. Would be great if they added lockers for valuables and a TV room where you could watch films without having the music channel on in background. Location was decent - short walk to CBD and handy for busses from the airport. Good value for money, and we would stay here again.

Hi, im glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our great new floor with new kitchen, dining. We have only just recently opened and since we have 4 flat screen TVs are still working out the best way to manage them during the day. We have lockers located on the 1st floor for free for people to use. We are looking into our bathroom situation and have a shower block to be built soon, have a great trip and we hope to see you back soon

Even if they're still building and renovating you can already tell that this hostel will soon be one of the best ones in Auckland. Location is alright, not too far to walk to the city centre and surrounded by shops and restaurants you'll find it quite convenient to stay there.

Great place

Good hostel, stayed there in the beginning and the end of my trip. Clean showers and rooms, new kitchen/chill out area on the first floor. Staff was nice and helpful! Atmosphere lacked a bit though but location is good for hitch hikers - right beside the highway! 15 min walk to the city center.

• 28th Dec 2015
  • Austria

Rooms are tiny and cramped. The building has very little natural light. There is little space for guests to store food. Staff were unable to manage keys efficiently: I was given a key that no longer fit the door to my room; later on someone else was given the key to my storage locker and they had my stuff removed. There were no hand driers or hand towels in the bathrooms. Only one of the two showers had a little rack/shelf for holding soap or shampoo while showering.

• 27th Dec 2015

Hi, we are a little disappointed at the review you have left considering you have stayed with us on 4 different occasions, we had new bedrooms door locks when you were staying which was had been sign posted for guests to come to reception when they arrived back to change their keys, you had chose to stay in our cheapest room which does not have a window, 95% of our rooms have great views of the city and Rangitoto, we will cover some of the other issues with the showers in the coming weeks

Stayed for one night. Clean and bed comfortable. No problems

Im glad you enjoyed your stay with us and i will pass your comments onto our team. Have a great trip

The renovation is now finished! Very nice place adding a plus to the hostel. Easier now to meet people, which was already easy because a place where people can have fun without disturbing the people in the building. Very good staff, very welcoming! Special thanks to kevin, steven, and enrica! Very good workers and so welcoming!

• 17th Dec 2015

This hostel was under construction when I visited. The facilities all felt run down and dirty. I didn't feel like I was sleeping in a clean bed.

Really nice place with good location away from the busiest city centre, but only short walk away from Queenstreet. Staff is open and friendly, always around and ready to help you. The new floor with big kitchen, dining area and common area is awesome and a relly good place to meet people. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Auckland!

• 15th Dec 2015
  • Finland

I stayed at Grafton Accomodation in Auckalnd before starting my travels around NZ. The place was really welcoming and I felt immediately at home. They just opened a new mezzanine with a big, modern kitchen and an American style dinner plus a lounge area to chill during the evening. The staff was great and I got lots of help on how to buy a car the best way possible and the best places around the city. I would totally recommend staying there if you come to Auckland, be it for a few days or LT.

• 15th Dec 2015

Kevin the manager is a moody man, try not to cross him. Other than that its ok

• 14th Dec 2015

The hostel is alright for a one night stay if you don't plan on spending time in the hostel. We stayed in a double room that was quite fine, but everything outside the room looked like somewhere between Baghdad and the slums of Mumbai. They might be working on a new great floor, but that will still leave the others looking like the Hulk went bananas in there.

Nice Palace, a little a bit far frofrom the center of

• 10th Dec 2015