Gram's Place BnB/Hostel Reviews

3109 N. Ola ave, Tampa, USA

Awesome setting. Like a little oasis in downtown tampa.

• 20th Aug 2015

It would have been nice for the office to be open at check out time. Myself and another girl needed to leave a note on the counter. I had a code versus a key, but the other girl needed to leave her key out with the note. The established, laid-back culture of the place made this feel mostly okay though. A tighter system for checking in/getting past the gate on the first night may also be possible.

• 20th Aug 2015

I had a lot of fun here! Really relaxed. They put me in a dorm called the 'train room', where the beds are too small. I'm not exceptionally tall (1,86m), but my feet stuck out a good 20cm into the next bed. There was no one there, so it wasn't a problem, but it could have been. The kitchen was really good, and the breakfast provided was the best I've ever seen in a hostel. WiFi worked well, too. The neighborhood for this hostel is dodgy, and walking to either downtown or Ybor will take a while.

This hostel is very nice and the staff too. The atmosphere hippie/rock n roll is amazing and makes you feel like home. It is a very good place to rest a few days. Breakfast and WIFI are good and free.

Great place to stay! The whole hostel looks great with thousands of attributes on the walls, ceilings and in corners. Every time you look somewhere you see new cool things. The owner is extremely helpful and always in for a beer while watching baseball. And the best part about the hostel is the breakfast! Nowhere else I've had such a good breakfast. The hostel provides, pancake mix, beacon, melk, eggs, fruit, oatmeal, butter, jams and some more stuff like herbs and koffie in a nice kitchen!

周りは住宅街で何もないので、車がないと辛いです。ただバス停は徒歩5分圏内にいくつかあるので、時間に余裕があれば不便ではないです。小さなマーケットも徒歩5分圏内にあります。スタッフはとても素晴らしいです。ホステル内はとても可愛い仕上がりになっていて、雰囲気が最高です。大好きなホステルのひとつになりました。ただ蚊が多いので、虫除けスプレー必須です。

I didn't stay at Gram's Place. I was going to rent a car to travel from Gram's Place to my event in St. Petersburg daily. However, I wasn't able to rent a car. My drivers licence had expired. Therefore, I didn't rent the car and had to stay somewhere in St. Petersburg, FL so I could walk to my event. I do look forward to staying at Gram's Place sometime in the future.

• 15th Jun 2015

Many mosquitos, otherwise I had a nice stay.

Really cool spot in Tampa, only stayed for one night, but would totally return for a longer stay. We had never been to Tampa before and Bruce recommended Ybor and some other spots - very helpful. We made the reservations only a week ahead of time, so we got the last 3 beds in the Railroad Room. I was travelling with a couple friends, and we're all pretty tall so the short beds were pretty uncomfortable, I'd say try to reserve earlier and get some longer beds in another room.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Tons of character and friendly faces. I had a great stay in this warm, wacky ( in a good way! ), place. Thanks for everything and sorry I didn't get to say goodbye (keep up with the diet Meggie).

• 6th Jun 2015

Lovely place. Retro-hippy, music themed with quirky charm galore. Not really close to much excitement put pretty close to downtown Tampa and I-275 which gets you anywhere pretty quickly. Just a few blocks from bus line. Urban hiking distance to Tampa's River Walk.

• 3rd Jun 2015

So helpful and accommodating. They lent me the use of a cooler and bug spray when I forgot mine!

loved the creativity in the way it was constructed

Excellent atmosphere, great facilities, felt like home all the time, I would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to all my friends,

• 7th May 2015
  • Panama

Staff gave great recommendation for area activities

• 3rd May 2015

The good news: it's the only 'hostel' around; the bad news: it's essentially a hippie wanna-be hovel. Get a cheap motel.

• 26th Apr 2015

Arrival experience was frustrating. The entrance is secured by a key code

The location was far from downtown, but with bus access. The staff was icy

The only hostel in Tampa ... Its a short bus ride away from the city centre and is located at a quiet neighbourhood. Good place if you have a Car ... else give plenty of time to get there and for travelling to and fro the downtown centre of Tampa

Very lovely hostel with a very nice garden + bar + pool! Rooms are individually decorated with a lot of charme. Staff is super friendly, gave recommondations, ... - A beautiful place!

• 20th Mar 2015