Gram's Place BnB/Hostel Reviews

3109 N. Ola ave, Tampa, USA

Nice Place to stay! Direct bus connection to downtown Tampa. Lovely breakfast and nice people there.

I absolutely loved Grams Place! It has a hippy commune vibe which is amazing! Everyone is so friendly staff and travellers alike. As a solo female traveller I was nervous as this was my first solo hostel but everyone was so welcoming! The facilities were what you'd expect in a hostel. You needed a key code to get around the hostel so it was pretty safe but sometimes the doors didn't close properly, but I never felt like my things were in danger. Already thinking of my next trip to Tampa.

• 31st Jan 2016

You can sum it up in one word: awesome! We've enjoyed the great hostel and the kindness of the staff very much. Would go there everytime again with a big pleasure.

• 30th Jan 2016

Definitely would stay there again!

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Samoa

How have I not heard of this place before? I visit Tampa three to four times a year and I do not want to stay in a corporate run two star hotel; as that is all my budget allows me at this time. What a gem Gram's place is. If you are looking for full service with amenities for the kids, wife, and in-laws you might want to keep looking. If you are looking for a nice safe place in Seminole Heights, which is located to absolutely any destination you can think of, this is your place.

• 10th Jan 2016

Amazing house. I love the atmosphere that everyone is close ans nice. It is like a big family. Great place to ”relax, and for taking pictures!!! Lots of cool stuff. Boardgames are also available for guests:)

• 9th Jan 2016
  • Hong Kong

Quirky and fun, this hostel seems a bit out of place in sprawling Tampa, especially as it seems to be the only hostel in the area. Outdoor washrooms mix with attic rooms and roof balconies. This is more "travellers' commune" than "party hostel" or "in-and-out discount". Shout out to Christine at the front desk, who was forced to put up with some troublesome guests and did so effectively and decisively, credit to her. A good place to stay!

If I could rate Excellant, five more plusses I would! The value for this comfortable, clean place was outstanding. People were pleasant and polite yet never intrusive. GREAT getaway and I will be back.

• 29th Dec 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Gram's Place hostel! Lovely atmosphere, nice people, breakfast included.

We had a great time there, Bruce was always willing to help us and the other guests were very nice and sociable. Enjoyed being in Tampa!

Very nice staff, a little messy but the beds were comfortable, they ofered breakfast and, since i went on the holidays, a christmas dinner. Location is not that good but you can take buses to go to downtown.

Literally one of the closet places I've stayed. Really enjoyed everyone and met some amazing people. Love the outdoor atmosphere, and had a great time!

• 16th Dec 2015

Very nice hostel! What an amazing atmosphere, very nice and friendly people... Also, it's a very confortable and clean hostel to stay, localized in a quiet place... A little far from bars, beaches, downtown and stuff but it's super easy to get a bus! I would like to go there again for sure! :)

At first glance you feel right at the middle of nowhere, but after you undestand Tampa, you learn that you can walk from there to downtown and there is a bus transit center pretty close there ! Bruce is very kind to the guests and the house is the right spot to be in Tampa... The mixed dorm of 5 beds is pretty small and dark.. the bed is narrow and if you are tall you might touch the other person sleeping next to you.. the toilette is small and not so private, but I saw better rooms there...

A stay at Gram's place can not be greater the feelings you get from those who should be graciously hosting you in their Hostel. Not only as Gram's place hard to find, with the directions given on the phone, it had one particular young lady working for it who went out of her way to be a ___ (difficult person to get along with).. She was too controlling, too complaining, and took too many liberties with my property. She made what could have been a fairly decent stay into a living nightmare!

I booked a co-ed dorm, which meant the "Train" room - not pictured on this site. It appears to be an add on out of plywood. No air conditioning and beds were actual toddler mattresses. I'm 5'3" and my legs hung off the end of it. A homeless man was staying on mattress crammed up against mine. Train room because has Thomas the Train sheets. Ghetto location. VERY far from beach and almost no access w/o a car. I left after 1 night and went elsewhere. At least they refunded other 2 nights.

I plan to visit next year.

• 21st Nov 2015
  • Trinidad And Tobago

A lovely quirky hostel, in the middle of nowhere, but great if you have a car, sadly i did not. I enjoyed my stay at Gram's and met some great guests. They have an outdoor spa which is great to get into in the evening.

Had the best time staying at Grams Place! Christine and Bruce are such lovely people and help you out whenever needed. Awesome people staying there too, everyone is really friendly. Highly recommend! Stayed in the train room which was fun.

• 10th Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Really great hostel! Such a friendly atmosphere, loved the outdoor shower too! Probably best to have a car as there is not much in walking distance. Would definitely recommend this place!

View all Tampa Bed and Breakfasts