Gram's Place BnB/Hostel Reviews

3109 N. Ola ave, Tampa, USA

I didn't stay at Gram's Place. I was going to rent a car to travel from Gram's Place to my event in St. Petersburg daily. However, I wasn't able to rent a car. My drivers licence had expired. Therefore, I didn't rent the car and had to stay somewhere in St. Petersburg, FL so I could walk to my event. I do look forward to staying at Gram's Place sometime in the future.

• 15th Jun 2015

Many mosquitos, otherwise I had a nice stay.

Really cool spot in Tampa, only stayed for one night, but would totally return for a longer stay. We had never been to Tampa before and Bruce recommended Ybor and some other spots - very helpful. We made the reservations only a week ahead of time, so we got the last 3 beds in the Railroad Room. I was travelling with a couple friends, and we're all pretty tall so the short beds were pretty uncomfortable, I'd say try to reserve earlier and get some longer beds in another room.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Tons of character and friendly faces. I had a great stay in this warm, wacky ( in a good way! ), place. Thanks for everything and sorry I didn't get to say goodbye (keep up with the diet Meggie).

• 6th Jun 2015

Lovely place. Retro-hippy, music themed with quirky charm galore. Not really close to much excitement put pretty close to downtown Tampa and I-275 which gets you anywhere pretty quickly. Just a few blocks from bus line. Urban hiking distance to Tampa's River Walk.

• 3rd Jun 2015

So helpful and accommodating. They lent me the use of a cooler and bug spray when I forgot mine!

loved the creativity in the way it was constructed

Excellent atmosphere, great facilities, felt like home all the time, I would definitely stay there again and will recommend it to all my friends,

• 7th May 2015
  • Panama

Staff gave great recommendation for area activities

• 3rd May 2015

The good news: it's the only 'hostel' around; the bad news: it's essentially a hippie wanna-be hovel. Get a cheap motel.

• 26th Apr 2015

Arrival experience was frustrating. The entrance is secured by a key code

The location was far from downtown, but with bus access. The staff was icy

Very lovely hostel with a very nice garden + bar + pool! Rooms are individually decorated with a lot of charme. Staff is super friendly, gave recommondations, ... - A beautiful place!

• 20th Mar 2015

I had a great time at Gram's Place, I wish I could have stayed longer. I would come back.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

What a great place to stay at for spring break! Staff were friendly, making your own food with kitchen provided was great, and most of all, it felt like I was already home! I would highly recommend this place for college students and anyone to stay at this wonderful hostel.

• 16th Mar 2015

Very comfortable rooms and convenient location. I'm happy I decided to stay at Gram's.

• 16th Mar 2015

I've stayed in a bunch of hostels and this is definitely one of the best! It's a treehouse! lol Great atmosphere and the staff are awesome! (Bruce!)

Staying at Gram's place make you feel you are a real guest in an original and fancy environment!

• 9th Mar 2015

Great place with a lot of character. The night we arrived, we were thrilled to see that there was a concert going on in the courtyard. Look forward to staying here again.

Christine and Bruce run a very organized hostel...the kitchen works well and they are expanding the kitchen facilities to a second outdoor kitchen....the inside one gets a bit crowded with for 25 guests..good move guys..this is not a hotel...but a very neat hostel....price is good and not far from Clearwater or st. Pete beach...20-25 miles...good roads and quiet neighborhood...enjoy your stay....Rick

View all Tampa Bed and Breakfasts