Gram's Place BnB/Hostel Reviews

3109 N. Ola ave, Tampa, USA

Christine and Bruce run a very organized hostel...the kitchen works well and they are expanding the kitchen facilities to a second outdoor kitchen....the inside one gets a bit crowded with for 25 guests..good move guys..this is not a hotel...but a very neat hostel....price is good and not far from Clearwater or st. Pete beach...20-25 miles...good roads and quiet neighborhood...enjoy your stay....Rick

One of the best hostels in the world-even exceeding some in Europe, Asia, and Hawaii!

• 12th Feb 2015

This place is epic ... one of the best hostels I've stayed in (and I've stayed in many) ... cosy, homely, great atmosphere ... great place to meet people, cook together, chill in the hot tub, play music. Not near downtown or other locations visitors may want to go to, but not far away from ybor city and close to bus services so not an issue. I want to re-visit Tampa just to stay at this hostel again.

• 24th Jan 2015

If this were a yacht I'd name it -UNFORGETTABLE II-. Attention paid to detail creates the comforting backpackers' lodge Tampa deserves. Why gripe -this's perfection? These folks eat their hearts out for backpackers yall. ;)

Staff and facilities are perfectly fine and the hostel definitely has a unique feel to it with some funky designs. The location is not great though, you basically have to have a car or it's a real hike to get anywhere interesting.

I loved this place! There was so much to look at and many seating areas! I also loved the water fountains! This hostel grabbed the #2 spot on my personal top 10 list, while my #1 fav made hostelworld's top 10 list last year. This place is unique.

Fantastic place; very unique. A bit rough around the edges of course but staff very friendly, helpful and accommodating.

Great Place!! Great staff!!! I really enjoyed the jacuzzi by night at the air after a long hot day in Tampa....with a cold beer. It's not far to the center by bus...but the beaches are sooo far, 3 buses away, almost 3h. I highly recomend to rent a car...no matter where you stay in Tampa. I definetly stay there at least a night if I pass by Tampa again. Like we say in Spain, this hostel is very "pintoresco"...like unique. Saludos a mi tocallo Luis!!! have a PBR!!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • Spain

I had a great stay!! Thank you!!:-)

I've enjoyed my stay tremendously and am still there.

• 15th Sep 2014

This is the best hostel I've stayed in for atmosphere, friendliness and overall a very pleasant stay! This hostel simply cared more about my stay then trying to make mass profits out of travellers! Staying here was a pleasant surprise. The owner kindly let me borrow his bike (without me asking!) so I could have a look around. Breakfast was provided - wasn't expecting so as didn't say anything anywhere, again there would normally be an additional charge. Lovely staff!

View all Tampa Bed and Breakfasts