Grand Canyon Hotel Reviews

145 West Route 66, Williams, USA

Very nice location at the Route 66. In fact I was staying at a single room in the hotel. I good that upgrade due to closure of the hostel for the winter and it was free. Very nice staff.

I really love what Amy and Oscar have done to bring this 1891 hotel back to life after purchasing the derelict structure a few years back. This is a lovely Victorian hotel is at the heart of a very pretty little town that is itself quickly gentrifying, and is in many ways the centrepiece of the town's renewal.

This hostel lacked the basic facilities that most hostels offer. As there was no kitchen area there was no wear to refill or clean water bottles or prepare light meals or hot drinks. Also because the private rooms were actually just cubicles not rooms meant that you were woken up by other people's lights, noise and you generally lacked privacy.

The pictures on the web site didn't match the hotel. We were 9 for 1 shower, privates bedrooms mean 1 box not even a closed room. The price is really high for what we had. The city is nice but avoid this hostel!

• 30th Jul 2014

We booked a private room. It was not a fully closed room, so we could really hear the other persons in the hostel. It was really noisy. Rest of our stay was oke

The room was different than we expected.

• 18th Jul 2014

We didn't stay at Grand Canyon hotel, we didn't have breakfast and the air condition didn't work. Instead of staying at Grand Canyon hotel we stayed at a house.

• 18th Jul 2014

I booked a private room and was directed to a second building down the street. It had a dorm with individual rooms sub-divided within one large room. I had the building to myself but I doubt it would be very private during busy times. Amy and the staff are lovely and helpful, however, and with a few improvements the second building could be a great facility in addition to the main hotel.

We really enjoyed our stay. Nothing fancy, but great athmosphere, lovely staff, and clean. Nice with a living room and several common areas.

The service was great! Very helpful and flexible for a late arrival.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

The owner was so friendly and helpful! It was such a cozy, warm place to stay-like a home away from home. The eclectic, antique decor was also noteworthy.