Grand Canyon International Hostel Reviews

19 So. San Francisco Street, Flagstaff AZ 86001, Flagstaff, USA

Great place to stay and chill for a few days. We stayed there to visit the Grand Canyon so it was perfect for our needs. Only downside is rooms were small and basic with no lockers.

Three things I was not happy about: 1. The pick-up didn't work that great - I tried calling for more than 40 minutes before I reached someone. 2. Breakfast was not served at 7 as it was pointed out when I checked in so I left the hostel at 7:30 (still no one there to prepare breakfast) hungry 3. When the electricity stopped working in the morning (around 7 am) there was no one at the reception to fix it.

We got there and inside there was the worst smell of garlic I've ever heard!!!!!!! The room looks like a bunker with a smell of old and the there was a sink inside the room probably they didn't clean it in a month all brown around! It was disgusting. But the worst part was the sheets and blanked. In the morning I woke up and I took the pillow for grabbing something under it and I found a HUGE RED TICK UNDER MY PILLOW!!!! I couldn't believe that! THIS PLACE Is a SHAME!! Very very dirty!! 😐

Super friendly staff, free coffee and breakfast, central location

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Russia

We had a really good stay here, the beds are comfty and the breakfast is rich to beginn your day. Everyone is very kind and the hostel has a very relaxed atmosphere.

Had a fun time with my roommates, staff were helpful, location was excellent!!!

The hostel is very well located. The staff was cool. The tour to the grand canyon was awesome, definitely recomed it to those traveling alone. But if you want to explore the region, rent a car. Nice breakfast. The negative point was tha it is a little hot inside the rooms and there is no lockers.

This hostel is really confortable , the atmosphere is great. We felt at home.Staff was very nice. There is a parking . The point to improve is the breakfast , for the price for a night it could be more diversified.

Great hostel close to the Amtrak station in Flagstaff. There is a very friendly atmosphere and the staff are very helpful and friendly, making it one of the best hostels I have stayed at in America. The dorm is small, but comfortable and the Grand Canyon tour they offer is the cheapest in town, and was excellent, with great insight from Dillon the guide. I would definitely stay here again.

Brilliant hostel with very nice staff. The tour with Dylan to Grand Canyon was what we needed having only one day to see this amazing place.

Very friendly, helpful, and accommodating staff. Roughly 1.5 hours to drive to the Canyon, but the scenery on the way is lovely.

Really nice hostel with super cute rooms and creaky floors. Staff were friendly and helpful, and the location was just 5 mins away from a bunch of restaurants, etc. Only downside was that they were often out of hot water with the showers!

It was a lovely hostel. Staff where very friendly and it was a very comfortable night stay

No lockers but other than that perfect.

Great place to stay if u wanna check out the Grand Canyon. There are some nice restaurants and bars nearby also and the greyhound station is nearby. If you ask nicely they may give you a lift there. My only gripe is that my roommate took my iPhone cord as we were sharing a socket with his double adaptor. So he conveniently took my new one and I ended up with his old one. No big deal but I'd recommend more sockets in the rooms.

Ace Place! I will return as often as possible. I had amazing conversations with other travelers. Staff were interesting and helpful

• 27th Jun 2014

Great location and friendly staff. Some simple basics are missing though. For example there came in a lot of light in the room once the sun came up (makes you wake). Nevertheless, good stay here.

• 21st Jun 2014