Grand Canyon International Hostel Reviews

19 So. San Francisco Street, Flagstaff AZ 86001, Flagstaff, USA

The place was great, people were very friendly. The only thing it's almost 2 hours from the Grand Canyon. I got tricked with the name :-) it's my fault. But I met very nice travelers.

Not a bad value for the money. But the place is kind of falling apart. And no lockers for storage or anything. Breakfast was pretty good.

This is always a wonderful and friendly place to stay. The staff is helpful and kind, plus you meet people from around the world.

The staff were warm and inviting. I enjoyed spending time around the hostel itself. It kind of felt like a temporary home, and left a lasting impression on me. So much so that I was a little sad to leave! Lovely experience, lovely staff and lovely location. What more could you ask for.

• 11th Jun 2015

This hostel was by far the best I have ever been to on any of my backpacking trips! I would definitely stay again if I returned to visit the Grand Canyon or Flagstaff. Such a great place! Highly recommend!

• 11th Jun 2015

Lockers in the rooms would be nice but other than that no complaints at all. Free parking and breakfast, nice atmosphere and great staff. If you are visiting the Grand Canyon or any of the other amazing places in the area, this is a great place to stay!

A great base for moving to or visiting Grand Canyon. The free pick up from Greyhound station is an excellent service. The staff went out of their way to always be friendly and helpful. Only problem was people talking loudly in the corridor while having breakfast when others were sleeping

Overall it was a pretty good hostel. A couple more bathrooms would have been nice. A good selection for breakfast though.

Friendly and welcoming staff. Basic bread & fruit breakfast is provided. 2 bathrooms per floor but doesn't seem to have issues waiting. No lockers. Overall, a good stay for Grand Canyon.

Very helpful staff and the Grand Canyon tour was great, highly recommended.

Loved this hostel. Great vibes all around. Great location and staff!

• 8th May 2015

PLEASE EVERYONE READ EVERYTHING! 0% cause I didn't have the accommodation I payed for. I booked a bed in 4-beds dorm, payed the 10%, got the confirmation mail. When I got there they told me they were overbooked and the sent me to the other terrible accommodation they run. The same happend to all my roomates. So PLEASE BE AWARE: you book, you pay, then you MAY have the room. It works like an application. Do not come here. Seriously. I wonder why Lonely Planet suggested this place. Shame on you

In great location. There are no security boxes in each room.

This was a really nice hostel and all the staff were great. The atmosphere was awesome too with lots of like-minded people to talk to. Perfect location, everything in walking distance. No lockers however and no storage in the dorm I was in so if you were staying for a while it might be a nuisance. Other than that, loved it!

Helpful staff, comfy hostel, which is nice and clean

This was my first stay at any hostel. I found the experience better than expected. Although the building was very old, the bathrooms were updated and clean. The staff were all super friendly and helpful. I met some wonderful people from all over the world. All in all, it was a great stay. The only thing I might suggest is updated items in the kitchen.

• 15th Apr 2015

Clean hostel with a friendly staff. Minimal kitchen (no flour/oil) and tiny rooms. No clear/comfortable gathering area for socializing. Extremely clean bathrooms perfect for a longer shower after a hike. Lots of people resting pre/post hiking the Grand Canyon. Great food in walking distance. Private parking lot available.

Hello. at the end It's not that i really didn't enjoy but when i left i saw that i have been stolen cash from my wallet. So i am still a little pissed off. Cheers Gaetano

Staff was very helpful and Flagstaff is a nice place to stay - even if you don´t wann see the Grand Canyon :)

Flagstaff is a GREAT town. the people are very friendly. I highly recommend anyone to stay here. Close enough to the grand canyon. Meet some really cool people at the hostel. All in all Good hostel great people excellent time.