Grand Canyon International Hostel Reviews

19 So. San Francisco Street, Flagstaff AZ 86001, Flagstaff, USA

Clean hostel with a friendly staff. Minimal kitchen (no flour/oil) and tiny rooms. No clear/comfortable gathering area for socializing. Extremely clean bathrooms perfect for a longer shower after a hike. Lots of people resting pre/post hiking the Grand Canyon. Great food in walking distance. Private parking lot available.

• 11th Apr 2015

Staff was very helpful and Flagstaff is a nice place to stay - even if you don´t wann see the Grand Canyon :)

Flagstaff is a GREAT town. the people are very friendly. I highly recommend anyone to stay here. Close enough to the grand canyon. Meet some really cool people at the hostel. All in all Good hostel great people excellent time.

My overall experience with the hostel was below average. The location was great, but my friend was shown to the wrong room and was subsequently woken up by a drunk guy saying he was in his bed. Oh and in the morning they acted like it was his fault even though they gave him the key. I went to cancel my stay the next day, and they didn't even have my reservation. Ah, and I left a notebook in my room and getting help finding it was like pulling teeth. So yeah, wouldnt recommend it.

• 19th Mar 2015

It's a really nice place. Perfectly located to visit the Grand Canyon. Everybody is friendly, it was a great experience to listen and share traveling adventures with other travelers. Breakfast is included!

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel and the other one in town, Motel Du Beau, are run by the same people. The staff who work the front desk and clean the bathrooms mostly live at either location and seem to take pride in the hostels. They're all very friendly and seem to love hostels and/or the outdoors, especially the Grand Canyon. I went on the Canyon tour (which runs a few days a week if at least three people sign up) and it was incredible- the guide really knew his stuff. Overall, fun place to stop for a few days.

The hostel is ok. The problem was that one of our friends arrived late and she couldn't use her bed because it was occupied.

Closest hostel to the Grand Canyon.

Great place to stay and chill for a few days. We stayed there to visit the Grand Canyon so it was perfect for our needs. Only downside is rooms were small and basic with no lockers.

Three things I was not happy about: 1. The pick-up didn't work that great - I tried calling for more than 40 minutes before I reached someone. 2. Breakfast was not served at 7 as it was pointed out when I checked in so I left the hostel at 7:30 (still no one there to prepare breakfast) hungry 3. When the electricity stopped working in the morning (around 7 am) there was no one at the reception to fix it.

We got there and inside there was the worst smell of garlic I've ever heard!!!!!!! The room looks like a bunker with a smell of old and the there was a sink inside the room probably they didn't clean it in a month all brown around! It was disgusting. But the worst part was the sheets and blanked. In the morning I woke up and I took the pillow for grabbing something under it and I found a HUGE RED TICK UNDER MY PILLOW!!!! I couldn't believe that! THIS PLACE Is a SHAME!! Very very dirty!! 😐

Super friendly staff, free coffee and breakfast, central location

• 18th Oct 2014