Grand Canyon International Hostel Reviews

19 So. San Francisco Street, Flagstaff AZ 86001, Flagstaff, USA

This was a really nice hostel and all the staff were great. The atmosphere was awesome too with lots of like-minded people to talk to. Perfect location, everything in walking distance. No lockers however and no storage in the dorm I was in so if you were staying for a while it might be a nuisance. Other than that, loved it!

Helpful staff, comfy hostel, which is nice and clean

This was my first stay at any hostel. I found the experience better than expected. Although the building was very old, the bathrooms were updated and clean. The staff were all super friendly and helpful. I met some wonderful people from all over the world. All in all, it was a great stay. The only thing I might suggest is updated items in the kitchen.

• 15th Apr 2015

Clean hostel with a friendly staff. Minimal kitchen (no flour/oil) and tiny rooms. No clear/comfortable gathering area for socializing. Extremely clean bathrooms perfect for a longer shower after a hike. Lots of people resting pre/post hiking the Grand Canyon. Great food in walking distance. Private parking lot available.

Hello. at the end It's not that i really didn't enjoy but when i left i saw that i have been stolen cash from my wallet. So i am still a little pissed off. Cheers Gaetano

Staff was very helpful and Flagstaff is a nice place to stay - even if you don´t wann see the Grand Canyon :)

Flagstaff is a GREAT town. the people are very friendly. I highly recommend anyone to stay here. Close enough to the grand canyon. Meet some really cool people at the hostel. All in all Good hostel great people excellent time.

Pros: Quiet, deadbolts on room door, super comfy bed, individual restrooms on floor, plenty of free parking Cons: No autolock , filthy shower floor (Both days every time I went in there – Thank GOD for rubber flip flops!), no sink in restrooms (Sinks located in room which is great when you’re not getting up at arse crack in the am but terrible when you are and it’s dark and there’s a room full of sleeping people. Also there are sinks on the 1st floor in the restrooms.) Key deposit (refundable)

My overall experience with the hostel was below average. The location was great, but my friend was shown to the wrong room and was subsequently woken up by a drunk guy saying he was in his bed. Oh and in the morning they acted like it was his fault even though they gave him the key. I went to cancel my stay the next day, and they didn't even have my reservation. Ah, and I left a notebook in my room and getting help finding it was like pulling teeth. So yeah, wouldnt recommend it.

• 19th Mar 2015

It's a really nice place. Perfectly located to visit the Grand Canyon. Everybody is friendly, it was a great experience to listen and share traveling adventures with other travelers. Breakfast is included!

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel and the other one in town, Motel Du Beau, are run by the same people. The staff who work the front desk and clean the bathrooms mostly live at either location and seem to take pride in the hostels. They're all very friendly and seem to love hostels and/or the outdoors, especially the Grand Canyon. I went on the Canyon tour (which runs a few days a week if at least three people sign up) and it was incredible- the guide really knew his stuff. Overall, fun place to stop for a few days.

The hostel is ok. The problem was that one of our friends arrived late and she couldn't use her bed because it was occupied.

Closest hostel to the Grand Canyon.

Great place to stay and chill for a few days. We stayed there to visit the Grand Canyon so it was perfect for our needs. Only downside is rooms were small and basic with no lockers.

Three things I was not happy about: 1. The pick-up didn't work that great - I tried calling for more than 40 minutes before I reached someone. 2. Breakfast was not served at 7 as it was pointed out when I checked in so I left the hostel at 7:30 (still no one there to prepare breakfast) hungry 3. When the electricity stopped working in the morning (around 7 am) there was no one at the reception to fix it.

We got there and inside there was the worst smell of garlic I've ever heard!!!!!!! The room looks like a bunker with a smell of old and the there was a sink inside the room probably they didn't clean it in a month all brown around! It was disgusting. But the worst part was the sheets and blanked. In the morning I woke up and I took the pillow for grabbing something under it and I found a HUGE RED TICK UNDER MY PILLOW!!!! I couldn't believe that! THIS PLACE Is a SHAME!! Very very dirty!! 😐

Super friendly staff, free coffee and breakfast, central location

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Russia

We had a really good stay here, the beds are comfty and the breakfast is rich to beginn your day. Everyone is very kind and the hostel has a very relaxed atmosphere.

Had a fun time with my roommates, staff were helpful, location was excellent!!!

The hostel is very well located. The staff was cool. The tour to the grand canyon was awesome, definitely recomed it to those traveling alone. But if you want to explore the region, rent a car. Nice breakfast. The negative point was tha it is a little hot inside the rooms and there is no lockers.