Grand Canyon International Hostel Reviews

19 So. San Francisco Street, Flagstaff AZ 86001, Flagstaff, USA

A great base for moving to or visiting Grand Canyon. The free pick up from Greyhound station is an excellent service. The staff went out of their way to always be friendly and helpful. Only problem was people talking loudly in the corridor while having breakfast when others were sleeping

Overall it was a pretty good hostel. A couple more bathrooms would have been nice. A good selection for breakfast though.

Friendly and welcoming staff. Basic bread & fruit breakfast is provided. 2 bathrooms per floor but doesn't seem to have issues waiting. No lockers. Overall, a good stay for Grand Canyon.

Very helpful staff and the Grand Canyon tour was great, highly recommended.

Loved this hostel. Great vibes all around. Great location and staff!

• 8th May 2015

PLEASE EVERYONE READ EVERYTHING! 0% cause I didn't have the accommodation I payed for. I booked a bed in 4-beds dorm, payed the 10%, got the confirmation mail. When I got there they told me they were overbooked and the sent me to the other terrible accommodation they run. The same happend to all my roomates. So PLEASE BE AWARE: you book, you pay, then you MAY have the room. It works like an application. Do not come here. Seriously. I wonder why Lonely Planet suggested this place. Shame on you

In great location. There are no security boxes in each room.

This was a really nice hostel and all the staff were great. The atmosphere was awesome too with lots of like-minded people to talk to. Perfect location, everything in walking distance. No lockers however and no storage in the dorm I was in so if you were staying for a while it might be a nuisance. Other than that, loved it!

Helpful staff, comfy hostel, which is nice and clean

This was my first stay at any hostel. I found the experience better than expected. Although the building was very old, the bathrooms were updated and clean. The staff were all super friendly and helpful. I met some wonderful people from all over the world. All in all, it was a great stay. The only thing I might suggest is updated items in the kitchen.

• 15th Apr 2015

Clean hostel with a friendly staff. Minimal kitchen (no flour/oil) and tiny rooms. No clear/comfortable gathering area for socializing. Extremely clean bathrooms perfect for a longer shower after a hike. Lots of people resting pre/post hiking the Grand Canyon. Great food in walking distance. Private parking lot available.

Hello. at the end It's not that i really didn't enjoy but when i left i saw that i have been stolen cash from my wallet. So i am still a little pissed off. Cheers Gaetano

Staff was very helpful and Flagstaff is a nice place to stay - even if you don´t wann see the Grand Canyon :)

Flagstaff is a GREAT town. the people are very friendly. I highly recommend anyone to stay here. Close enough to the grand canyon. Meet some really cool people at the hostel. All in all Good hostel great people excellent time.

Pros: Quiet, deadbolts on room door, super comfy bed, individual restrooms on floor, plenty of free parking Cons: No autolock , filthy shower floor (Both days every time I went in there – Thank GOD for rubber flip flops!), no sink in restrooms (Sinks located in room which is great when you’re not getting up at arse crack in the am but terrible when you are and it’s dark and there’s a room full of sleeping people. Also there are sinks on the 1st floor in the restrooms.) Key deposit (refundable)

My overall experience with the hostel was below average. The location was great, but my friend was shown to the wrong room and was subsequently woken up by a drunk guy saying he was in his bed. Oh and in the morning they acted like it was his fault even though they gave him the key. I went to cancel my stay the next day, and they didn't even have my reservation. Ah, and I left a notebook in my room and getting help finding it was like pulling teeth. So yeah, wouldnt recommend it.

It's a really nice place. Perfectly located to visit the Grand Canyon. Everybody is friendly, it was a great experience to listen and share traveling adventures with other travelers. Breakfast is included!

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Mexico

This hostel and the other one in town, Motel Du Beau, are run by the same people. The staff who work the front desk and clean the bathrooms mostly live at either location and seem to take pride in the hostels. They're all very friendly and seem to love hostels and/or the outdoors, especially the Grand Canyon. I went on the Canyon tour (which runs a few days a week if at least three people sign up) and it was incredible- the guide really knew his stuff. Overall, fun place to stop for a few days.

The hostel is ok. The problem was that one of our friends arrived late and she couldn't use her bed because it was occupied.

Closest hostel to the Grand Canyon.