Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hostel has a great vibe. It felt more like a hotel as it was very clean and comfortable and there's a bar which I'm pretty sure is 24 hours as we were in there until gone 4am. It's situated really close to an underground station which is useful as you could walk for hours in Berlin getting to where you need to be. I'd definitely stay here again.

It really was a fantastic hostel. The staff was helpful, the Friday night bar crawl was amazing, but it's a bit of a walk to some things. Overall, great place.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Beds are amazing, no bunks and they are very comfortable! Once you work out the trains, its a great location because its a 2min walk to the station. Staff are very nice as well, especially Morgan the bartender. One of the best hostels I've stayed in (Although they should make happy hour 6-8 not 4-6).

Breakfast not included, and for some reason, they put our two beds in a single room, which was very small. They changed our room after complaining, but still not very happy about the first two nights. The hostel is next to a U Bahn stop, which makes the rest of the city easily reached.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Breakfast is never included when it doesn´t say it in the booking, right?! How can you rate this negative then as it is clearly said on your booking confirmation?! Still, sorry that your stay was that horrible as your review shows. Should consider going to all inclusive 5 stars hotels in the future

Only bad thing is there is no AC so the top floor can get hot! Staff is extremely friendly and helpful- especially Mira!

Clean facilities, friendly staff, comfy beds! The rooms are very spacious and it was nice that none of the rooms have bunk beds. The free welcome drink is also a nice addition! The only thing was that the shower water was not hot and was very lukewarm. But I went on a weekend when it was very hot so it didn't really bother me that much.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • tacocheese

Nice hostel, close to many things, nice clean bathrooms and comfy beds. Was a bit loud on the first floor even with ear plugs.

• 16th Jul 2014

The staff was great and super friendly in answering all the questions we had. They definitely have the system down. Checking-in, laundry. They've figured the kinks out. Very clean and quite chic! Keep in mind, staying there you will hear everything from children screaming to lovers getting it on. It's quite a mixed crowd.

beautiful hostel and lovely staff. would recommend!

I loved this hostel. It was the staff who made it! I also liked how the rooms were set up. I stayed in the 6 mixed dorm and really thought it was excellent. Also, one of the cleanest hostels ever. All around great place. Recommended for Berlin, over the other hostel I have stayed at.

• 12th Jul 2014

My friend and I backpacked throughout Europe and this was definitely the cleanest hostel by far. It has a hotel feel to it and has great wifi and showers

Very clean. Room is spacious. They had everything I needed like adapter and the likes. I had a 4AM flight, and they let me stay in the common room. Highly recommended.

Really good hostel with a great vibe and great metro links, a little loud at night but overall great!

I loved this hostel. The rooms were very spacious and clean...no bunk beds was a big plus! You get a free welcome drink at the bar upon arrival, and the bar is great for meeting people. They also give you a little orientation when you check in, Mira was really helpful. Great hostel for solo travelers looking to meet others. The only thing that's a bit of a negative is that the location is a little random - generally you have to take 2 subways minimum to get back from anywhere in the city.

BOOK IT NOW. This place is the best hostel I've been in. Almost like a hotel. Quit wasting your time and book it now!

Thank you so much! We are very happy to hear that we were able to make you have a good time with us! Cheers and all the best! Your entire Grand Hostel Team

This is a big hostel but the common area in reception is comfortable. Only stayed one night but wouldn't mind staying longer. Good wifi, hot showers, locker....nice hostel for the price.

Thank you so much! we always appreciate nice words from our guests. Take care and lots of love from sunny Berlin

It's a fantastic hostel, I can't really say much more than that! It's only slight drawback is that it is 15-20 mins by foot to Unter-den-Linden but if that's too much for you then there is a metro just 3 doors down.

yes, I found one of the staff members (the guy with the dark hair) rude and blunt. He did not make an effort to be helpful and it negatively affected my stay at the hostel. I think he needs basic training in customer service

• 30th Jun 2014

Good spot

Hi, thank you for your great comment on us and come back soon! The welcome drinks and the candies are already waiting for you ;) Take care and be safe. Daniel - guest relations

Lovely little hostel. The staff were very helpful and nice. My room door kept not letting me enter my room with the code but the staff helped me every time and were very nice. It isn't close to anything in terms of "site seeing", however, it is close to a train station making it easy to get around. Just a little warning for girls... the showers (were great but) are not 100% private. If step a little off center, people can see you showering from the gap in the certain.

Hey thanks for your comment on us. Good to hear you had overall a very nice stay. Be safe.. Your Grand Hostel Team

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7