Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

The best hostel in northern Europe for sure! Having traveled rather extensively I can recommend this place highly! Consistently safe, clean and super comfortable beds (non bunk) with immaculate facilities of spotless modern bathrooms with many showers, great bar, library, breakfast buffet, bike rental, professional helpful staff whom can get you ready for an amazing outing to see the sights and or clubs! Near both underground U7 and elevated tram U2, U12. Book it ASAP as it fills up most nights.

Not really hostel for true backpackers. Just saying hello to other people staying at the hostel(which we find common) seemed like doing something inappropriate. Also behaviour of our roommates proved lack of respect during the night hours (even for hostel). Guess it is rather place for shopping visitors. Rooms, showers and toilets were super clean. The staff varied a lot along with level of kindness, as one basicaly replied to our questions with "use the google" and the other was nice.

Loved every minute of my stay. Very friendly and welcoming. Thank you for a great weekend.

• 20th Aug 2015

The hostel is amazing but one thing was sort of bugging me. Showers are really small, their doors can't be properly closed and an automatic switch is not really convenient. Apart from this, everything cool!

A truly great, accomodating, hostel. Everything you could ask for and more. This is the place to stay!

Very welcoming staff, clean and very nice atmosphere. Lounge, garden, bar room with library. I would definitely recommend it.

• 20th Aug 2015
  • Czech Republic

Very happy with this hostel, no complaints!

This hostel is good if you like to be surprised: Surprise linen fee added on arrival.. Surprise, laundry supposed to be finished in 3 hours is still not done in 7. Surprise, laundry is not folded for you so it is wrinkled when you finally do get it. And, last but not least, Surprise! The keyless code number system does not work so you get stranded outside at 2AM. Stay somewhere else.

The manager was yelling at his employee in front of us.

• 18th Aug 2015

Great staff, very welcoming and informative. Hostel is really nice, everything was clean. The library bar downstairs is particularly good, great beers at good prices.

Great hostel, excellent facilities

I stay in this hostel many times and it is definitely one of the best in town. It even used to be cheaper but hey it became so popular that prices have increased:( Also, I booked a 7-bedroom dorm (which used to be a 6-bedroom dorm 2 years ago) but they add an extra bed so we were 8 people in the room for 2 nights ( please stop doing that !!!) But I will stay there again because it is really safe, clean, comfortable, nice staff and guests and you have the U1 bahn station close to go partying:)

Staff were fantastic from arrival right through to check out. The dorm rooms are by far the best I have seen in any hostel around the world- Extremely spacious and no bunks! Atmosphere was fantastic for all three nights of my stay, common areas really nice and welcoming for all types of travellers. Pub crawl was probably not as organised as it could have been (!) but still an all round great night. Well done Grand Hostel Berlin, I will definitely return!

cool young hostel, it has a bar but no kitchen jajaaj

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Bike rental could be cheaper (I've seen cheaper prices around town, even across the street at the cafe). Breakfast was also more expensive than the cafe across the street, so I never paid for it and still got a pretty decent breakfast. If you guys monetize more on alcohol instead of the essentials, that would be awesome. But onlythe beers, because the hard liquor was expensive enough too. I liked everything else, the atmosphere was the best I've ever been so far in a hostel, had the best impress

I had a TON of fun. Mostly the staff were just super great. Especially the very patient and friendly kitty

I've stayed there for just one night, so there's nothing much to say about it. But the lady that was at the reception and made my check-in was the most friendly, helpful and lovely staff member I've ever met. The room was clean and the atmosphere seemed good. Haven't tried the breakfast or other facilities.

Big hostel but very clean. 7 bed dorm was huge and spacious! There is a bar downstairs good if you want to meet people. Right next to a train station which makes it easy to get all over the city. Not too much going on in the area right around the hostel, though.

A great hostel! Everything from the staff, to the social area and the bedrooms, I can't find much fault in this hostel at all. The bar is very well priced and a great place to meet other people. The hostel does run a bar crawl also so if you're travelling alone like myself it's an easy way to meet people. On arrival the welcome drink was a touch of class which I haven't had from any other hostels. The staff were also very good when it came to directions and recommending things to see or do!

The best hostel I've ever been to. You have to type in a given password instead of an actual key so at first i was kind of concerned but you have a locker for each person, pretty big and you could put a lock as well so there was no problem. I have to give above excellent for the atmosphere. the bar at the lobby, the staffs, everything was perfect!

• 6th Aug 2015