Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

It wasnt great but it wasnt bad.Staff was in general polite and welcoming but I wouldnt say friendly or helpful. The location is good because theres a very close U Bahn Station, is just close to Checkpoint Charlie, the rest you would have to walk a lot or take the train. Its very clean, but the hostel was not full at all, when this happens taking a shower or going to the bathroom might be uncomfortable and annoying. Dissapointing atmosphere.Doors dont work with card or key but with password.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

I stayed here for about a week, and still didn't want to leave by the end. The hostel itself is in a beautiful old building, with a super cool library bar, and everything was kept really clean. The staff were all incredibly lovely , friendly, and fun to talk to. I can't recommend this hostel more highly-definitely one of my favorites while I've been traveling the past few months!

• 16th Mar 2015

Hotel staff is very helpful, and location is great, easy to go to any of the train station. And there is a waterfall park 20 minutes by walking distance if you prefer a morning run:)

Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Only complaint I would have would be the price of breakfast - it's quite expensive at 7 euro!

• 15th Mar 2015

Great location and efficient helpful staff. Clean facilities

It was the best hostel I ever stayed. Nice, friendly staff and was clean everywhere. The best thing was their beds. Omg such comfortable. Any timeiI'll be in Berlin I will just go to the Grand Hostel. I strongly recommend you and trust me you will not regret.

Great place with friendly staff! Metro is 2mins away and the main strip with cheap food is 5mins away :)

Wifi was pretty bad. Couldn't mount a connection with a tablet, Seem to work fine on phones.

Staff is accessible and ready to help, I was visiting museums and I was given a map with handwritten suggestions by every staff member I asked for advice. You get what you pay for, I enjoyed my stay.

• 7th Mar 2015

Me and my friend spent three nights here at the beginning of our time in Berlin. It's in the Kreuzberg neighborhood which is young and vibrant, but it's on the quieter side of things. It's also right next to a train stop which is nice and it's easy to find cabs if that's your thing. Very safe. I think now that I know Berlin a bit better, I would've preferred to stay in Schoneberg or Charlottenberg, but everyone at the hostel was great and I would recommend to others.

Good hostel. It was some problem with the internet (too slow), but everything else is nice.

What a fantastic week. Thanks to all the guys who helped keep me topped up all week. Would recommend to everyone. Definitely will be returning.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Staffs, facilities, atmosphere were excellent and I really loved it. and it was clean. anyway I met lovely friends and had a nice time here :) thanks

We had a lovely time, the hostel was beautiful and very clean, the facilities were excellent. Location was also very good.

• 27th Feb 2015

Great hostel - highly recommended.

I really enjoyed my stay in GHB anöd would gladly visit again. Highly recommended!

Fantastic hostel at amazing value. Exceeded our expectations. We were made to feel very welcome with the staff offering us a complimentary drink upon arrival and going through a map of Berlin which really helped us to settle. Throughout our stay they were nothing but helpful - recommending bars and restaurants as well as providing travel tickets; anything to help our trip run smoothly. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Will definitely pay another visit on our return to Berlin!

• 23rd Feb 2015

Such a wonderful experience!!! This was my first stay in a hostel and was only booked for 5 days but ended up extending my trip an extra week! Aside from the comfortable beds and pillows, clean bathrooms and showers...they had the most amazing staff!!! Christian, Anika, Morgan, Martin, Dario, Adan, Natalia and everyone else made my trip so memorable! Thank you Grand Hostel Berlin! I will be back! ♡♡♡

• 22nd Feb 2015

We met many of the other guests in the bar/lounge. Everyone who stayed there or worked there was incredibly friendly and accommodating! I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Berlin. It was awesome!!!

• 20th Feb 2015

Amazing hostel! Easily the best one I've been to while traveling Europe. No complaints at all. Great wifi that connects in the rooms, spacious closet space to keep your things and locks available at the desk. Super friendly and helpful staff! Great environment. Highly recommend for solo travelers.

• 19th Feb 2015