Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

This was an amazing hostel to stay at and we have no regrets or complaints with our stay. The reception desk and bartenders are extremely helpful and know what to recommend for anything and everything you could need, from how to get to tourist attractions to the best bars and clubs for the night. If you have the chance to go on the pub crawl through the hostel, I also highly recommend that because the bartender Martin is amazing and will make sure you have a good night.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice place, very fancy, clean and with a good atmosphere. It's not badly located (not far from Checkpoint Charlie) and very close to a U-Bahn station. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the bar is quite cool.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in--very clean, great location, staff very friendly and helpful.

• 30th Aug 2014

Had a nice stay there. Nothing to complain about. The breakfast was great! The U-bahn is close but the direct neighborhood of the hostel is not really lively, you have to walk ten minutes to find some bars and restaurants

The hostel was great. Everything was extremely clean. The breakfast was great, I would have never expected such a selection of food in a hostel. The U-bahn station is right on the door. The staff was friendly, although I wanted to speak in German and most of the time I got answered in English, which I find really annoying.

I absolutely loved this hostel, the staff are really friendly and the place has a really good atmosphere. The bar is a really sociable environment and a great place to meet people if you're travelling solo like I was.

It was within walking distance to all the sights you want to see. There are also some fun places to eat/drink nearby. The bar wasn't super busy. I would note though, that the showers are not super private. But its not a big deal because they weren't super busy. It's clean and friendly. At check in they sat us down with a map and helped us decide what we want to do and gave us some suggestions. I would stay here again.

Possibly my best week in a hostel ever. The greatest imaginable staff you could ever find, excellent cleanliness and an extremely friendly atmosphere, all for cheap price. I travelled by myself but never stayed alone! Definitely recommended.

We were lost coming to the destination, the night staff could have been more helpful with giving directions or even trying to help. Nice that keys were not needed, everything was accessible via punch-code. Wifi in the rooms was a huge plus. Rooms were fairly spacious and welcoming.

fantastic stay at there

Amazing hostel, definitely the best one I stayed in my whole trip. Very clean and had a great atmosphere plus the beds were super comfy!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Very good hostel! Everything was really well organised and clean. The staff was friendly and all the facilities where amazing. Close to the metro line that brings you to the night-life but for other places in Berlin you have to travel a bit further. The price is quite high but considering this is Berlin still quite ok. We had a great stay and are definitely coming back if we visit Berlin again! :)

A great hostel located in Kreuzberg. The beds are unbelieviable comfortable and the room is big and clean. The staff is really helpful and the price is a plus. Would recommend to anyone.

• 20th Aug 2014

Overall a good hostel, rooms were spacious and beds very comfortable, staff were helpful and it was in a cool neighbourhood. Not the most social atmosphere but there were a few people to be found in the bar most nights.

Absolutely loved the Grand Hostel Berlin! Large and clean rooms, extremely helpful and friendly staff, and central location right next to the metro. Cozy atmosphere too with a reading area/bar by the reception. Would absolutely stay there again. Thank you for making our stay great!

When we arrived jerome offered us a welcome drink and he was very helpful in answering questions about berlin. We had a twin private room which was very big and clean. All of the staff were helpful and friendly. The bar was busy and a perfect place to mingle and meet new people. Some reviews mentioned the showers were not private and in the girls you can see people showering. The glass is completely misted so this is not true. Very happy with our stay.

Great Hostel ! Special thanks to Mira for welcoming us on our first day !

• 14th Aug 2014

Grand Hostel Berlin might just be my favorite hostel I've ever visited--the staff were wonderful and friendly (and presented me with a live-saving free beer upon my arrival after a stressful day of travel), and the facilities were beautiful. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Berlin!

ves: Key code security wonderful; no bunk beds - major ; rooms and share bathrooms cleaned daily; amazing breakfast; friendly staff; great bar atmosphere; close to metro station; 10 min walk from Main Street; laundry service -ves: only 4 lockers in 5 bed room, but minor issue Had the best stay here, would definitely come back and definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone going to Berlin :) I wish every hostel was like grand hostel!!

I loved staying here, it's the best hostel I've ever been to! :) met a lot of amazing people there and slept sooo good there, the beds are unbelievably comfy! :) hope to come back soon. :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7