Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

The best hostel I have ever stayed at! For more or less the same price as any hostel in a big city, you get a much nicer experience. Welcome drinks, an elaborate introduction to the city map and its distinct areas, comfortable beds, clean white sheets, well-maintained rooms/hallways/bathrooms, and of course really great reception area and bar/library. I highly recommend Grand Hostel Berlin!! Would absolutely stay there again.

It was honestly the most beautiful hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 14th Apr 2014

Great location, friendly staff who lets you know immediately on where are the must-visits of Berlin, clean and in general an awesome hostel for it's price. But do take note of the city tax (which probably applies to all hotels/hostels in Berlin) when making your reservation. Also, great that the hostel offers a discounted travel card, 5.50 Euro for a day pass that lets you travel on all public transport in Berlin. Highly recommend this place! I

Excellent hostel with German character and style. All the best qualities of Berlin in one place. Well priced, comfortable and with elegence and smart style and a clear focun on the best qualities of living well. Excellent breakfast facilities next door at the same high caliber of quality and authentic German cuisine. Relax and be yourself and be sure to see the best of Berliln. Christian and Daniel are sure to inform you of the best places to see and visit and can get you going on a bar run or t

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

Great place! the girl at the reception was wonderful...A great welcome coffee,smile and was really willing to go the extra mile. Thank you!@

We stayed 1 night in the ground floor in a shared room for 4 people and 1 night in the third floor private with private bath. in the ground floor room the windows had some grid. it was not a good feeling to stay in a room with grided windows. and the shower was gender mixed. So my girlfriend had to use the bath for the handycamped people. That bath was so so comfortable. In the second night ther room was perfect, but it was behinde the public toilet. Sadly you could hear every noice.

• 5th Apr 2014

Hi, i am sorry to hear that we were not able to make your stay completely perfect. Only in the ground floor we have mixed showers, but the restrooms are not mixed at all. In floor one, two and three we have all facilities separated. Next time you might asked for a room or floor change and we are happy to help you with that. All the best and safe travels. Daniel - Guest relations

Be careful, there is no kitchen (but it's written on the webpage).

We stayed in the private appt. I don't recommend it for 2 reasons: 1. Lugging your luggage up 5 flights of stairs. 2. For 2 people be got a hotel for 30€ the next day instead which is miles closer to the city and much cheaper. The hostel itself was nice and the breakfast that you pay for was also great. The hostel location is poor compared to heap hotels. There isn't much around it and it's not good walking distance to anything.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

Upon arrival Mira was a real gem of a lady acting as Concierge. Not just friendly, real kind and trully caring and several visits now with the same consistancy! Feels like a 5 star hotel and the owners run this place better every year! Hard to believe but it is always top end and flawless day to day week to week and now year to year. Will win the Best European Hostel in the long run for sure! Prepare to enjoy a real beautiful German experience in the authentic old style of uncorrupted Germany!

very good hostel right. Location is very good, staff awesome. Thanks to Christian and Daniel for a very nice evening. I had a lot of fun and for sure: I'll be back guys! Keep on going as you do!!!

• Spain

Hi, nice to hear that you liked your stay that much. Was very nice to had you in our hostel. Hope you will come back one day ;) Safe travels and all the best for you. Daniel - Guest relations

Really loved that place. Nice staff, huge rooms and good value for money. Would always recommend that place. It is very closed to all main attractions in the city. Breakfast is fantastic. I did 2 tours with Daniel and really enjoyed both of them. Very relaxed bar with nice people every night.

• 16th Mar 2014

Hey man, thanks for the nice words. Really appreciate it. Hope to see you soon again. You would have deserved a great common on you as a guest as well ;) Loved hanging out with you! take care and see you soon again. Daniel

I simply loved that hostel. I simply liked it's lovely staff, the spacious rooms and the perfect location. My experience was really good and i would always come back. Thanks for a wonderful stay guys!

• 16th Mar 2014

Hey, thx so much for the awesome review. We appreciate that and are very happy that you enjoyed your stay that much. Hope to see you again soon. Be safe and all the best for you! Daniel - guest relations

This is a lovely, clean hostel with a very friendly staff. It is not in the central tourist area of Berlin, but is close to two u-bahn stops and an s-bahn stop and it only takes about 15-20mins to get to the Brandenberg Tor and other central locations, plus the u-bahn ran all night (at least on the weekends) so we didn't have to worry about getting back to the hostel after going out.

• 14th Mar 2014

Thank you so much for the great comment on us. Hope to see you again soon. Daniel - Guest relations

I really liked the fact that there were no bunk beds and that we all had singles, even though we were in a dorm room of five. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Although it was a bit of a way from the centre and a bit of a walk from Kreuzberg, it was well connected by public transport. Really couldn't beat it on value for money, comfort and cleanliness!

Wonderful staff!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Perfect location. The staff is amazing friendly and helpful. Everything was organized well. It's very clean and the beds are large and comfy. I loved the fact that they don't have any bunks. Good breakfast with huge selection of food. The tours are very interesting and worth the money. I would recommend the Grand Hostel to everybody i know. I met a lot of nice travellers and made many friends. Definitely a hot spot in Berlin.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Hey Thomas, thanks so much for your great comment on us. Next time you come you are invited to a large beer or a cocktail ;) hope to see you in summer ! Take care, Daniel

All the staff were very friendly and very helpful. I had a double bed room booked and got to twins pushed together was not what I was expecting. When I booked I expected to get a double bed not two twins. Breakfast I wouldn't bother with was not the best. I wouldn't have dinner at the hostel either the Greek restaurant called tavern Athena down the road is very good and drinks are cheaper in there to.

Hi, sorry to hear that there been some things you didn't like that much. But we always appreciate the honest words to make things better in the future. Thank you, and i am sure you will give us another shot when you return to Berlin. ;) Take care and safe travels. Daniel - Guest relations

Everything was quite good. Except the check in takes longer time and was told that the room was not ready. Also, one of the male receptionist seems not so patient to answer your question. But overall it worth the money.

Hey, good to hear that you overall liked your stay with us. I apologize if anyone of our staff was not patient enough. Sometimes a lot of things come together and even the nicest people act wrong. Still we hope you enjoyed your days in Berlin and would love to welcome you back soon! Safe travels! Daniel- Guest relations

Probably best hostel around! You will pay more for things than other hostels ( all day train pass is sold for 5.50 versus 4.30 at circus hostel). Breakfast is also a bit pricey- it's a good option if you are a major breakfast eater. Local bakers and shops for me was a better option. Absolutely fantastic staff! Mira and Jerome are extremely helpful and add character to the place! Place is very clean, beds are super comfortable, and the location is in a great neighborhood. Can't wait to return!

The bathroom was smelling really bad. And you have to book the breakfast one day before to save around 2 euros. The breakfast is really good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5