Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Great hostel! I had a great time staying here. The staff was so amazing and helpful. The only negative thing I can say is the wifi didn't work great in my room. Would definitely recommend.

The staff are great. I loved the big, comfy, single beds! So unusual for hostels. More attention could have been paid to the upkeep of the bathrooms. Only one working men's shower on my floor and it offered little privacy. That being said, I would love to come back.

Room slightly noisy due to nearby elevated S Bahn; staff extremely helpful & knowledgeable; discounted breakfast was great value, plentiful & varied. All round great place.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Hostel staff and guests were very friendly, rooms were clean and well kept. Only problem was lack of AC as we were on the third floor

• 22nd Jul 2015

Great hostel. Staff are really helpful. The hostel is about 10-15 minutes' walk from the main sightseeing area. There's an u bahn (subway train) station 2 minutes away and an s bahn station about 10 minutes away (the s bahn is free for interrail pass holders, so can be useful to get to more far-away places. Rooms are very comfortable. We didn't have an en suite room, but the communal toilets and showers were clean. Overall you can't really go far wrong with this hostel.

• 21st Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff are so friendly and even took us out to local places with them on occasions. The location is fairly far from the main centre (20/30 minutes walk) but Berlin is huge so what can you expect? It's also right by a metro station which is ideal. There's a good bar where it's easy to meet people - I would definitely recommend this hostel.

I thought it was a really good hotel. It had a vibe where you could stay downstairs and meet people at the bar, if you want. However it is big enough that you can slip in and out, without meeting people if that is what you want. Next to a metro that connects to most of the attractions in 15-20 min.

By far the best hostel I've stayed at - really great experience

• 17th Jul 2015

Two pillows?? You guys are the BEST.

I was so pleasantly surprised by te Grand Hostel! I chose it because it was the cheapest hostel I could find in Berlin, and so I wasn't expecting much. But when I got there I was immediately introduced to everyone who was checking in on the same day as me, which was so helpful considering I was traveling alone. The bar in the library also offers many opportunities to meet fellow travellers. The staff are impeccable, and the rooms border on being luxurious. The best hostel experience out there!

Busy and cheerful hostel in the Kreuzburg area. Be warned the surrounding area is less than picturesque but is a reasonable walk to Fredrickstein. The room was lovely (en-suite double) and the staff were attentive and sociable. Nice bar and lounge area. Predominantly a teenager hostel with lots of backpacking groups and provides group events such as bar crawls and cycle tours. Breakfast is provided next door for an extra cost but the bread rolls are superb!

We had booked the deluxe double - on arrival it turned out the room was a separate apartment in a building next door to the hostel so we initially felt quite isolated. Secondly the apartment was on the top floor with no lift & to gain access to the building we had to constantly go to reception to get inside. Also the hostel wifi didn't reach up to the apartment & with no air con was far too hot at night. The staff tried hard to help, free alcohol was a bonus but disappointing accomodation wise.

Wifi was as slow as a 90 year old grandma driving on a free way with hand breaks on, NO KIDDING! I was only able to get connections for 10 mins in my entire 2 days stay. I also tried the free pc at the lounge that's when I found out the slow internet. If free wifi is only there to advertise to get customers you should be fined for misleading! I had to stand near some building for half an hour just to get free wifi to do the things I usually need to do in the hostel, this is how bad it was!

Worth all the buzz and certificates the hostel has received! Comfy rooms, nice atmosphere and very friendly staff. The only drawback is doing the laundry: 7,50€ was too much for me. Paid next night half the price in the hostel cross the street

The room was just next to the train station. It took us 2 hours to get asleep. However staff was welcoming, the little bar downstair was really nice and rooms were clean.

• 5th Jul 2015

Great great hostel, the only bad point was that they gave us keys to a room that hadn't yet been cleaned. However, I would still definitely recommend it.

Very friendly staff, give lots of advices to explore the city.

Loved that the beds in dorms were comfortable and single beds, not bunks! Close to metro stop (5 mins walk). Staff was great. Less of a "party hostel" than the other I went to in Berlin.

We felt very welcomed by the exceptionally friendly staff nearly all the time. The facilities were comfortable and very clean. I was thrilled to have a bathtub to soak in within our room for two. Having a fully stocked bar in the common room was great, but did not overtake the space so that families and kids still felt welcome to use the lounge area to read or talk. I am definitely recommending this place to anyone I know who is traveling to Berlin!

• 1st Jul 2015

Friendly, helpful staff. Actual room was very clean and modern. The communal showers were a little old fashioned but overall enjoyable stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7