Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Felt the cleanliness of a hotel and the social atmosphere of a hostel. Highly suggest this hostel.

• 19th Oct 2014

Good location and good staff. But the room is not that big for 6 people.

I have stayed 3 days in Grand Hostel Berlin and from the moment I had put my foot from the door I have met perfect welcoming by their extraordinay staff. Hostel is good, building is chic and the common area is exceptional. Even though there was no elevator and my room was on 3rd floor, I have no complaints. What makes them special and demandable is their perfectly selected intellectual multi-cultural employees. I had great time.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

A nice looking Jugendstil building with high ceilings as they used to build before WW2. There is an agreeable reception aria and bar. All single beds in the dormitories. Just remember there is no lift if you come with heavy luggage and you'll have to carry it up, but there aren't more than two floors to go.

Nice place. Very friendly helpful receptionist.

I felt like I was staying in someone's very nice home. Extremely clean, comfortable, and a great location. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I wouldn't change anything about this place!

I picked the hostel 700 m from Tempodrome, due to an event. Also a good base for exploring Berlin. Nice staff, met pleasant guests. I would recommend the Hostel to other travelers.

Simply the best in Europe if not the world so far!!!! And I have been travelin loads!!!!!!! If not for this lay over when in Berlin all the bustling would be breakin me wheee mind!!!! Cheers all and keep up the great work and atmosphere. Hope to make it back to you again asap! Been on a whirlwind and your an oasis in the mayhem!!!!

Wonderful staff, great rooms - no bunks! Too few toilets. A guest checked in at 2am and made an unbelievable amount of prolonged noise so perhaps a briefing for people who check in then, about etiquette would be appreciated. It's a bit tricky to get from Tegal. There is quite alot of cheap food nearby and the trains are very close as well.

First hostel I have ever stayed in and to be honest I wasn't expecting much but everything was amazing. The building itself is full of old charm and original features. The staff will bend over backwards to help you. The other hostel stayers were super friendly. Never felt like my belongings were not safe. I literally do not have a bad word to say about this place. I will be back.

• 1st Oct 2014

Amazing hostel. Practically a hotel! Lovely rooms and comfortable beds. It was the best hostel we stayed at on our trip as it was quiet in the rooms but sociable and fun in the bar. The staff were so friendly. Gave us great recommendations on where to go in Berlin and the welcome beer upon arrival was more than welcome. When it's busy in the summer I bet it's the best place to stay! 100% I will be going back!!

Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Bar and lounge have a nice vibe. Location is in the middle of Kreuzberg, which is a cool part of the city, and a quick walk to the Möckernbrücke U-Bahn station.

• 30th Sep 2014

Comfortable beds. Good wifi. Lare dorm rooms. Easy to get to main attractions. Only thing that was a suprise were the open showers nowhere to change or put clothes privately

Reception very helpful and an agreeable atmosphere. We spent an excellent night.

It was a pleasure to stay at the grand hostel berlin: friendly and helpfull staff, clean and generous rooms, nice atmosphere. I can recommed it.

Only stayed here a night. It was nice and clean, the people were nice, and the front desk staff were helpful. It's more of a place to relax and meet a couple of travelers rather than a full blown party. It's relatively easy to get to by train / metro. There isn't a tonne of stuff in the immediate vicinity of the hostel, but with how good the transit system is in Berlin, it isn't much of an issue.

In a lot of ways, this was a great hostel. No bunk beds, cozy bar/sitting area, generally helpful staff, close to a metro stop. But, the showers are severely lacking in privacy, doing laundry is a nightmare, and while the staff is nice, there aren't nearly enough of them to provide all the services they provide to as many people as they accommodate. And while it's okay to be near a metro stop, it would have been even nicer to be within easy walking distance to sites, which the Grand is not.

They had a bath

Great stay. Breakfast was fantastic!

try n get the first floor if you have a lot of luggage, no elevator great stay

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7