Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Great hostel. Staff was awesome, dorms had invidual beds instead of bunkbeds, and the bar was nice. Super clean, and well located near the center of Berlin/next to public transport.

Great stay at Issacs hostel! I would recommend it to any one traveling to dublin!

• 14th Jan 2016

Felt really taken care of by the excellent staff.

Great hostel, awesome socialising atmosphere especially for lone travellers. A little bit far away from everything but worth it id say. HAVE A MUSTAFA'S KEBAB (just around the corner, best kebab in the world)

Staff is very cute

Great hostel, great staff, very social-able The bar is a little bit on the expensive side and the cocktails are not great, although they did have a free bar for 1 hour! Thanks lads!

First hostel in my life ... WOW. it was awesome... thanks to the staff to make my trip exceptional

• 9th Jan 2016

Great bar in hostel meet a lot of nice people, Noticed incorrect price on happy hour and got a free beer.

A very pleasant stay at one of the nicest hostels I have experienced so far. Clean with modern rooms, helpful and friendly staff, and a cosy library bar that is a great place for meeting new friends from all over the world. Will definitely come back again should I happen to be in Berlin :)

A friend and I booked two beds in a four-bed room and it was quite lovely — clean and comfy beds! The bathrooms were near the room, and cleaner than one would expect in a hostel. The staff was very kind and helpful — definitely a place to go if you're in Berlin.

• 8th Jan 2016

I enjoyed my time here in Berlin. This was a nice hostel. The room I was in was pretty cold though. The heat wouldn't turn up. It's a little far out from everything you want to see, but it's manageable. The staff was helpful and friendly. There was a bar downstairs to meet people at. I did the pub crawl, which was fun! I didn't like the showers though. They were glass doors and no curtain around it or anything. No privacy for changing. A bit uncomfortable if there is someone getting ready.

The staff were extremely nice and were always happy to help. The rooms were nice and spacious unlike some hostels I have stayed in. The hostel is located a minute away from a U-Bahn station where you can easily get anywhere in the city.

• 5th Jan 2016
  • Scotland

Great place to stay, lovely staff and a great atmosphere

• 5th Jan 2016

Our experience in this hostel really defined what our Berlin experience was. And it was the best trip ever. The hostel beds are super comfy, the bar area is really chilled and cool, the location is great as well, half a block away from Mockenbrucker station. However what really made our stay in Berlin unbelievable was the staff, their recommendations were always spot-on. Each one is unique in their own way, so it doesn't matter who you are or what you like, they'll have the right advice for you!

This was my first Hostel experience and if all others are like this place, I will never get a hotel or motel again. The staff are all amazing people. From the moment I arrived they were so friendly and helpful. Ask the boys at the bar at night for advice on the nightlife scene and the girls at reception offer great advice on where to go and what to do in Berlin. This place was a major highlight of my trip and I will be coming back to Berlin just to stay here and catch up with the staff again!

The hostel was quite excellent regarding location and staff. Overall I have almost nothing to complain about. The only thing is that the shower facilities on my floor, two male showers for the whole floor, might seem a bit too little. But I had no problem with it during my stay.

• Finland

Super rad hostel right in a hip neighborhood! Staff is super chill and helpful! Definitely stay here agin!

Had a great time at this hostel. Started by only booking one night, but extended immediately. Amazing local staff gives good recommendations for "locals only" things to do. Things to note: -not a party hostel, but cheap bar inside has great atmosphere for solo travelers to meet a lot of people. Very soc -big rooms, no bunk beds. Rooms very quiet -no soap in showers and towels are €2. -relaxed staff and rules. Very easy going. Thanks to great staff jörg, dario, martin, joao, and Charlotte

• 3rd Jan 2016

Second time here, and really in love with it!

• Spain

Everything was awesome except for the receptionist guy at the beginning was super friendly but at the end he was really rude with us!