Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

One of the best hostel in Berlin! Stayed there many times and surely come back again next time! Great staff and spacious rooms, nice lounge bar too. But guys, please tell the cleaning ladies to clean better the dust under the bed!!!

One of my favourite hostels I've stayed in. You can talk to staff like you've known them for years and they will chat with you when they see you too. Beds are comfy and lockers are basically small wardrobes with couple hangars in which is great. They do great bar crawls and happy hours too. Spent loads of time drinking with loads of others in the hostel common room. I would definitely consider staying here again when I visit Berlin again in the future

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Very clean, all the staff I met were very friendly (Martin the bartender is a legend) and it had a great vibe for the whole time I was there. They put on events almost every day, and the staff are great for giving advice on where to go in Berlin. The bathrooms weren't great for privacy, but this was a minor issue overall. Would definitely return, was sad to have to leave!

Room was good, and beds very comfortable (best night's sleep of our trip so far). 7 people using one ensuite bathroom was a little bit too many, though - although there were more toilets in the corridor to use, i didn't notice any other showers. Fantastic location both for getting to sights in Berlin, and for eating/going out in the evenings in Kreuzberg.

Awesome hostel, a real step up from any other hostels we had stayed in before. The layout is really good and the bar is a great place to get talking to other travellers. The staff were really good in pointing out all the places to see/go at night as well. Can see why it has won so many awards!

The Grand Hostel Berlin is a perfect place to stay. It is very well located and the staff is very nice. We loved our stay (and the breakfast, and the beds).

Best hostel I have been to, Staff are great fun, Fancy décor and it really should be called Grand HOTEL Berlin

It was great. The accomodation was the standard of a hotel but the prices and atmosphere was that of a hostel. Amazing!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I never managed to connect my macbook to the internet connection, which was kind of annoying as I was in Berlin for school.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Great place to stay and meet people, definitely stay here! Fantastic helpful staff.

Great place to stay. The staff were genuinely helpful people. Even got some tea on arrival. The bar is nice and relaxed and cozy. Perfect for solo travellers. The breakfast was superb. The place was very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

This was my favorite hostel out of my whole European vacation! The staff was very helpful and friendly. You get a welcome drink when you arrive and they show you attractions on a map. The bartender was great, very friendly! Very comfy beds and really nice environment! On our second day, the keypad to our room broke, which kind of sucked. However, they gave us free breakfast the whole time to make up for it! Great customer service! I would stay again in a heart beat!

Great hostel and deserves its reputation. No bunk beds in the dorms! Power outlet and light for each (comfortable!) bed, enough lockers, good sized bathrooms. Cool bar area too. The internet had to be logged into every time you left and returned, but great hostel!

The only way to understand the awseomeness of this place is to staying there! Awsome.

Didnt like the hidden charges for sheet and taxes.

• 29th Jul 2014

A very welcoming, clean and comfortable hostel. Great atmosphere in the communal lounge/bar area. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Great breakfast available next door. Cannot be faulted.

• 28th Jul 2014

The hostel was in a good position however there was no kitchen or common area except for the library which was also where the bar was! There was no privacy in the showers it open for all to see, there where 3 showers however for my stay only one worked!

• 25th Jul 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hostel has a great vibe. It felt more like a hotel as it was very clean and comfortable and there's a bar which I'm pretty sure is 24 hours as we were in there until gone 4am. It's situated really close to an underground station which is useful as you could walk for hours in Berlin getting to where you need to be. I'd definitely stay here again.

It really was a fantastic hostel. The staff was helpful, the Friday night bar crawl was amazing, but it's a bit of a walk to some things. Overall, great place.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Grand Berlin with the best free tour info and good priced bike tours. Jerome, Christian and Daniel know all the best spots and managed to organize club outings and bike tours from the onsite bar and and library. The underground just outside goes direct to the best clubs in Berlin and the facilities are 5star (except no pool). The staff directed us to Baden Shaft a pool built into the river on the same U line. The beds and linens are first class as are the bathrooms and facilities in general. Thx