Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Great hostel, excellent facilities

I stay in this hostel many times and it is definitely one of the best in town. It even used to be cheaper but hey it became so popular that prices have increased:( Also, I booked a 7-bedroom dorm (which used to be a 6-bedroom dorm 2 years ago) but they add an extra bed so we were 8 people in the room for 2 nights ( please stop doing that !!!) But I will stay there again because it is really safe, clean, comfortable, nice staff and guests and you have the U1 bahn station close to go partying:)

Staff were fantastic from arrival right through to check out. The dorm rooms are by far the best I have seen in any hostel around the world- Extremely spacious and no bunks! Atmosphere was fantastic for all three nights of my stay, common areas really nice and welcoming for all types of travellers. Pub crawl was probably not as organised as it could have been (!) but still an all round great night. Well done Grand Hostel Berlin, I will definitely return!

cool young hostel, it has a bar but no kitchen jajaaj

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Spain

Bike rental could be cheaper (I've seen cheaper prices around town, even across the street at the cafe). Breakfast was also more expensive than the cafe across the street, so I never paid for it and still got a pretty decent breakfast. If you guys monetize more on alcohol instead of the essentials, that would be awesome. But onlythe beers, because the hard liquor was expensive enough too. I liked everything else, the atmosphere was the best I've ever been so far in a hostel, had the best impress

I had a TON of fun. Mostly the staff were just super great. Especially the very patient and friendly kitty

I've stayed there for just one night, so there's nothing much to say about it. But the lady that was at the reception and made my check-in was the most friendly, helpful and lovely staff member I've ever met. The room was clean and the atmosphere seemed good. Haven't tried the breakfast or other facilities.

Big hostel but very clean. 7 bed dorm was huge and spacious! There is a bar downstairs good if you want to meet people. Right next to a train station which makes it easy to get all over the city. Not too much going on in the area right around the hostel, though.

Excellent staff and the dorms were the best that I've stayed in across Europe. The dorm rooms were luxury standard and having a single bed made it so comfortable and homely.

A great hostel! Everything from the staff, to the social area and the bedrooms, I can't find much fault in this hostel at all. The bar is very well priced and a great place to meet other people. The hostel does run a bar crawl also so if you're travelling alone like myself it's an easy way to meet people. On arrival the welcome drink was a touch of class which I haven't had from any other hostels. The staff were also very good when it came to directions and recommending things to see or do!

The staff was extraordinarily helpful, and made me feel very secure. I bonded well with the people in my room and we spent several days touring Berlin together, and I now keep in touch with them. The hostel is in a great location, I would highly recommend staying here. Having a kitchen or a fridge for guests would be great.

• 6th Aug 2015

The best hostel I've ever been to. You have to type in a given password instead of an actual key so at first i was kind of concerned but you have a locker for each person, pretty big and you could put a lock as well so there was no problem. I have to give above excellent for the atmosphere. the bar at the lobby, the staffs, everything was perfect!

• 6th Aug 2015
  • South Korea

Such a nice place to stay in, amazing facilities, friendly staff.

Good safe hostel. A nice bar and reception area. Doors operated on a code instead of a key. Staff were friendly, especially the barman who organized a beer tasting night, and one receptionist with a penchant for margaritas. Could have done with aircon in the summer, but it was a friendly clean hostel in a reasonable location.

The staff was super friendly and helpful!!! I loved the atmosphere, I travel along and I felt very safe and welcome! The only thing was that the bathrooms could be a little cleaner! ☺

Place was awesome. Best hostel so far. Did a beer crawl where I meet like 20 others from the hostel. Went to a bunch of bars. Staff is on point, super friendly and the bar tender was pretty hot. Location is not bad, 10 minute walk or just rent a bike from them. I marked down facilities not necessarily because I didn't get a private bathroom, but because the damn showers are motion censored. So you cannot turn them off until you fully step out. Other than that, can't wait to go back.

Best hostel of my trip. Loved staying the Grand. The staff were awesome, the lobby bar has a great atmosphere, there's plenty to do, great breakfast, and made some good friends whilst staying there.

This hostel is great!! One of the best hostel I have stayed in Europe. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable, they will tell you all the places you have and can visit! The room gets clean every morning and bar and common area is very chill! I would definitely recommend this hostel to people!!

Nice hostel, lovely to be greeted by a 'welcome beer'. Nice room, with very comfy beds. Showers were a little on the naff side, but definitely not terrible. The room did get very hot as the weather was cracking, could have done with a fan at least

The welcome was super :) Getting a drink at your arrival when it's soooo hot, just what I needed to cool down. :) The staff is very friendly and had some nice tips to hang out in Berlin. It was really fun and want to thank them again for the nice time I've head over there. I've just 1 tip: "Try some clove with some water and lemon to get rid of the wasps..." (It helps for me in Belgium)