Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Great place. Very clean and organized. Like staying in a hotel with friends you just haven't met yet. The staff is awesome and upon arrival sit with you and a map and show you where to go and how to get around. The place was super clean. There is a bar in the reception area and staff organizes events for guests, such as a pub crawl the night I was there. Rooms have plugs next to beds for charging and lockers in the room for your stuff if you have a lock. Very very nice place!

The staff were great, I had to move rooms after the first night which was a pain but you expect it with hostels. On arrival I was greeted with beer and a member of the team sat me down and talked me through getting around and where things were. The bar atmosphere was great and busy. It's genuinely a really nice, clean hostel. No complaints really

The first disappointment was the deceptive pricing. On the website there was no clear mention of extra charges. I always used to go to Plus Berlin, as for 12 Euros you get everything (including towels and bed linen) but here they were charging for each and everything. Even the printing cost 50 Cents which in all other hostels is for free as a courtesy to the customer. This was for sure my first and last stay.

Staff don't know how to prioritize customers. I got there quite late and had to que for 20 min just listening to the staff and a customer chat in front of me. Great atmosphere. Felt safe and clean. Area is really close to a train station. Good atmosphere. Beds were comfortable

Excellent staff really helpfull, location is good just a few steps from a metro station, facilities are really good they even have a bar in the lobby

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Lot's of advice on how to get around in Berlin (map, markets, sightseeing, supermarket, promotions, events etc....)

• 5th Nov 2014

Great hostel! Felt like a hotel, where you just had a few other people in your room too. No bunk beds which was fantastically refreshing! They even made the beds! Which was a huge surprise. Speaking of beds it was the most comfortable bed I have slept in in a long time, and I have been travelling a while! Code access to the entire building meant not having to worry about a key or the room being left open by someone else and not secure.

I was not entirely thrilled with the so called best hostel in Berlin, our 5 bedroom dorm had 4 lockers which they seemed to care less about when I asked them for a room with a locker. My friends bed did not have a light or outlet above it. Basically they sold us a 4 bed dorm as a 5 bed. The so-called bar area had no atmosphere, except for being the only people could get wifi in the hostel. Not what I was expecting and would not recommend to anyone.

A good choice to stay in Berlim!

Very posh hostel with very big rooms and decent sized ensuite. Didn't like that the WiFi didn't really work in the rooms or that they made me change rooms for the final night of my stay. Even though its in a "central location" its still a 15 minute walk into the city or catch the train/bus in. One of the ladies on reception (Marla? Sorry I can't remember your name) was always friendly and helpful to speak to

Really liked this hostel, you can tell they put a lot of effort into making sure it's nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bar area was also nice. It all felt more like a hotel than a hostel given the way they decorated and such. The rooms were large and it was so nice not having to sleep in bunk beds for once. You could tell that they could easily squeeze more beds/people into a room if they wanted to (for more money) but they chose not to.

• 28th Oct 2014

Grand Hostel was awesome. Set right in a cool neighbourhood, close to a metro station so you have easy access to getting to all the attractions. They had a library of books you could borrow while you stayed there. A bar with a great atmosphere and the friendliest most helpful staff you could ask for. They literally say down with you and told you everywhere to go based on your interests and the places to eat around each area based on what you liked!

Very gogood hostel in the centre of Berlin. Very friendly and helpfull staff. Perfect vibe for youngsters and for meeting people.

Great value, although know that sheets and such aren't included. Tea served upon arrival was a nice touch. Room had an ensuite bathroom and lockers. Only grievance was my bed was liable to roll around given sufficient moving. Staff were excellent overall and I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Berlin.

Staff was very helpful, met awesome people there.

This was a very nice hostel. The staff were incredibly nice, and you even get a free drink when you're filling out your check-in forms. The hostel is within walking distance of the exciting parts of Kreuzberg and a short U/S-Bahn ride away form Neuköln too. The lounge area was cozy and the rooms clean and decent.

The staff was very helpful, I got everything I needed for my stay. The price for my stay was steep but mostly because of poor timing with the Amsterdam Dance Event.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Kazakhstan

The hostel was really nice and clean and the staff was very helpful. The only thing I didn't like was the showers, it wasn't very private.

• 20th Oct 2014

Felt the cleanliness of a hotel and the social atmosphere of a hostel. Highly suggest this hostel.

• 19th Oct 2014

Good location and good staff. But the room is not that big for 6 people.