Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Very good hostel, excellent value for money. The staff were superb and we received a very warm welcome.

• 17th Apr 2015

The hostel was the best I have stayed in. Very big, clean with great facilities and a good atmosphere. On check in, we got a free beer from the bar, and the staff were continually helpful and lovely (especially Adan) thanks for a great stay!

• 17th Apr 2015

The place is ok, bathrooms are awful no privacy on the showers whatsoever ... Full of party monkeys making noise in the halls

The Grand Hostel Berlin is a great place to stay during your time in Berlin. The staff are very helpful in recommending great places to see and eat at as well as provide advice on how to get around the city easily and in the fastest possible way. I definitely would stay here again if visiting Berlin in the future!

• 14th Apr 2015

Very good atmosphere, great facilities. Unfortunately our room was quite close to the bar which was extremely loud - we had a 6am flight which made this more unbearable. They do provide earplugs but a dozen drunk Frenchman can cut through them with ease! Overall great hostel, location is brilliant, staff are great. Facilities and room feel More like a hotel.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Thought it was a great environment, staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely knowledgeable about the area.

• 11th Apr 2015

This was a fantastic hostel. The receptionists were very kind and helpful, the rooms were clean and big (no bunk beds was an added bonus) and everything was really comfy. My only complaint was the showers were difficult to change in but otherwise a perfect stay. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Berlin.

Nice hostel, clean and efficient. We enjoyed our stay.

Nice intro by the super awesome staff, easy check-in and check-out, spacious room, very clean toilets.. What more could i ask!

• 10th Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Everything great accept the wifi, which was intermittent. This is quite a minor thing though considering the rest of the hostel - all in all great.

EXCELLENT, great staff.

It was a very nice hostel, that was welcoming and very safe. The beds were awesome and comfy a big plus for travellers. In the mornings you can get a great warm breakfast at the hostel, it's really worth it. Very close to great places to eat and to travel to the city centre.

For the private double bed room I think you should advised that is a 5th floor withouth elevator and outisde from the general building. We had problems one night because of the security code.... our code did not work and fortunately there was someone else outside that could help us because the receptionist at night was not very kind and just said: read the sign!.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

BEST HOSTEL EVER! Awesome staff! Loved em! Going back in September and staying at the same place!

• 2nd Apr 2015

The hostel was further out from the HBH than we were expecting (we walked there!!) had we taken a metro it would have been OK. The staff were exceptionally helpful & welcoming (you get a free drink on arrival & a talk through where the hostel is, what there is to do etc.) Great atmosphere. The bar area was really cost and very easy to chat to people. Everything felt clean. Nice to not be in bunk beds. HUGE rooms and high ceilings. Would definitely stay again.

Very nice and clean hostel. Had a fun time at the pub crawl. Thumbs up!

Love my stay in Berlin. Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay and a friendlier staff. There was an exceptionally cute bartender too that was a bonus ;)

• 1st Apr 2015

This was my first stay in a hostel and I was really impressed. Beautiful place,good location and very helpful staff. I was much older than the other guests but this was not a problem at all. Stayed with my daughter and had a lovely time.

• 31st Mar 2015

Nice hostel in old buidling, good location to visit main atraction in Berlin, nice common area, no problem with wifi. Problem with school groups and doors - you really need ear plugs, the noise of slamming during the night and in the early morning, kids shouting and knocking doors - I hope by mistake - during midnihgt... there were three hard nights. Be sure you don't have room in the front of WC.

This the BEST hostel I've ever stayed at! It's more like a hotel...the rooms are extremely clean and very spacious, the staff are super friendly and helpful, the bathrooms even have automatic lights and taps. It's within walking distance to all the main sites otherwise right next to the Underground if walking isn't your thing. I loved Berlin and the Grand Hostel, I'll definitely be back!