Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in Europe and really good value for money too. Excellent WIFI strength, clean, very friendly staff and an amazing breakfast. Highly recommended.

Hey Thanh, thanks for your nice review. we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to welcome you again soon Lots of regards Daniel - guest relations

Location and staff were what made the stay! The rooms were a great size and the beds were incredibly comfortable.. however, the lack of kitchen was disappointing and the limited number of bathroom facilities per floor was also not great. If the rooms were fitted with a basin and mirror this would make things a lot easier. Overall enjoyed our stay! The bar/lounge area was a favourite!

• 25th Jan 2014

A beautiful place with friendly,helpful, open-minded people.

• 25th Jan 2014

Excellent hostel! The beds are very comfortable and the toilets are clean! There is a common area where you can easy meet people! The stuffs are amazing, specially they guy from Tübingen! You have to pay for the breakfast but really worth!

• 23rd Jan 2014

Excellent and helpful friendly staff, nice and clean with good facilities, nice cotton sheets, good location close to public transport. Beautiful old heritage listed building.

Helpful staff, close to the U-train, great atmosphere!

Had an absolute blast staying here, the facilites and rooms were good, but what really shone were the staff. The weekend I was here Paul organised for us a brilliant beer tasting event, and the following night a really cool pub crawl. Cannot overstate how much a difference he made. Rooms are nice, with huge lockers which was awesome. Bathrooms were clean and security was good. Would definitely return. Thanks for a great weekend!

Fantastic Stay for me and two mates. Get involved with Paul's Beer Tasting and Bar Crawl. Made two very good evenings!

• 17th Jan 2014

This was one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The room was really nice and extremely clean and the bar had a great atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the location is also good- less than three minutes walk to the nearest U-Bahn station. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Berlin. Top class.

They have a nice bar and helpful stuff. Location not directly in the center, however everything can be reached easily. Overall very solid.

One the worst Hostel I've ever been! They did not have clearly contol who is moving out or not. I had to change my bed stuffs because one guy slept there and I just did not have where to sleep if I do not ask for new bed stuffs. And you must pay for these things. I will never go again to this hostel!

• 9th Jan 2014

Hi Thiago, we are verry sorry to hear that. But still we hope you had a good time in Berlin. Safe travels ! Daniel - guest relations

I would definitely tell my friends to go there

The Grand Hostel Berlin is hands down the best hostel I've stayed in. The staff is incredibly friendly, the building is beautiful, the lounge is an excellent place to hang out, and it's an incredibly good hostel. I was shocked at how lovely it was for it's price and I've stayed in a lot of hostels. One of the best things about it is that there are no bunk beds, the rooms are very clean and incredibly comfortable. It has an excellent, upbeat, and fun atmosphere but you can still sleep at night.

• 8th Jan 2014

The staff at this hostel is very helpful and friendly. The hostel is clean and there is a bar downstair for chilling out and meet other travellers. The downside, there is no kitchen provided in this hostel. Otherwise, everything is fine.

The Grand Hostel is honestly one of the best hostels I ever stayed with. Especially the cleanliness and the friendly staff are worth to go there. Had a perfect time and their Bar is fantastic. I met great people and loved my stay. Come back whenever in Berlin!

• 7th Jan 2014

Such great staff, really made the stay memorable. great common area and bar with a great atmosphere. rooms are great! loved the single beds.

Really nice, clean, hostel with great facilities. Almost more like a hotel really. Staff were really helpful with everything we asked.

This is a very good hostel! You get a free welcome drink upon arrival. Room was big and very clean as was the bathroom. Breakfast costs about 6€ but is worth the money. Would definitely recommend this hostel and stay there again.

Excellent hostel with a great staff. Only downside would be the lack of a kitchen and fridge outside of that highly recommended

The hostel is amazing. They look more like a small palace. They have a small but nice lounge area with plenty of books and a nice bar. I would suggest to have more showers on each floor and to have a scale, cause as a travaler catching planes we need to know the weight of our lugagge before going to airport. The internet signal on room 103 wasn't good! The staff is really friendly and helpfull, specially Amor. The €6,20 or €7,80 breakfast (depends if you book in advance) worths every cent!