Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Second time here, and really in love with it!

• 3rd Jan 2016
  • Spain

Everything was awesome except for the receptionist guy at the beginning was super friendly but at the end he was really rude with us!

I really enjoyed that it was a very social hostel in a smaller setting than say a wombat or something. It was easy to make friends, great for solo travel. That was my favorite part. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. This was my first time out of the US so I had lots of questions, and the staff was very patient with me. Great hostel and I would absolutely stay there again next time I'm in Berlin!

• 2nd Jan 2016

2nd time I stayed at the Grand hostel and I certainly will be staying there the next time I'm in Berlin. The first 5 nights I stayed here were absolutely amazing and this time was no different. The staff does everything they can to make sure you enjoy yourself and are terrific with giving directions and tips to the city. This is also the only hostel I've been at that doesn't have bunk beds in the dorms! The lounge/bar is a great place to meet other travelers too! Great for solo travelers!!

I travelled alone and it felt safe. It was a clean and comfortable hostel. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Bar was cool. Relaxed atmosphere. Shared bathrooms were clean all the time.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Great hostel, atmosphere in the bar and lounge was always good in the evenings. Room appeared clean and well serviced. Showers and bathrooms OK, one or 2 cold showers were had! Overall, nice atmosphere, good rooms and spaces. Would happily stay again.

I had a great time at this hostel, the bar makes it very easy to chat and make friends and as an englishman I was pleasantly suprised about how late it was able to stay open! The staff are all excellent, very friendly and helpful, the Portuguese guy at the bar was superb.

• 1st Jan 2016

staying here was such a cruel first experience with hostels because I don't think it can be beat and my standards are too high now!

• 1st Jan 2016

I have nothing but good things to say about the Grand Hostel Berlin. The staff were friendly, helpful, and inviting. The room I stayed in was clean and well-maintained, and I was pleasantly surprised by the complementary drinks. Excellent place and I would gladly stay there again.

• 30th Dec 2015

It is a great place! For me the best thing is how we where treated by the staff, they are excellent, helpful and fun. Also the environment is great, very easy to meet people and have fun.

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Spain

The staff were really friendly...and the decoration was amazing

We felt very welcome and got a welcome drink, and got told What to do in Berlin. Really nice Staff. Clean and nice rooms, and comfy beds! Close to the metrostation. Nice bar where you can new people .

Staying a Grand Hostel Berlin was a great idea. I celebrated New Years here and I was pleased to learn that the hiked rates for December 31st came with an open-bar and free meals. This hostel is good for solo travelers because it's social and fun. The hostel plans pub crawls and other intermingling opportunities. The bathrooms and bedrooms were spotless and the beds were actually really comfy--it's Berlin, so you won't be spending much time sleeping.

• 29th Dec 2015

I had a great time at Grand Hostel and enjoyed my time there. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the facilities were very good. I would easily recommend it to anyone staying in Berlin.

The best hostel in Berlin. I wish I could stay longer...

Excelent hostel, I had a great time there. Recommended

Awesome hostel! Cozy common area great to meet people and the staff was so friendly and helpful. Not much to do in the direct area but very close to many fun neighborhoods!

Great Location - short walking distance from the U-Bahn Moeckern Bruecke. Very easy to get to from practically every part of the city. Nice atmosphere in the lounge. A common room would have been nice, especially if you travel alone - I've brought that up to the staff and they said they plan to build one with a pool table etc. Nice quiet, spacious rooms. Helpful staff. You can rent bikes for 10 Euro a day and get free maps and a drink when you arrive.

Overall a very good hostel. Pros: friendly and helpful staff, awesome breakfest (recommanded! book it from advance, costs less) Cons: i guess i expected it to be more livable, definitly not a "party hostel" - even thought for some people this could be a good thing. calm and quite.

Great hostel, very clean! Only a 30 min walk to sightseeing (Brandenburg gate, potsdamer platz, etc) and a train station right next door! Spent Christmas here, they put on a Christmas Eve dinner. Staff were friendly and it was a nice atmosphere!