Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

It really was a fantastic hostel. The staff was helpful, the Friday night bar crawl was amazing, but it's a bit of a walk to some things. Overall, great place.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Grand Berlin with the best free tour info and good priced bike tours. Jerome, Christian and Daniel know all the best spots and managed to organize club outings and bike tours from the onsite bar and and library. The underground just outside goes direct to the best clubs in Berlin and the facilities are 5star (except no pool). The staff directed us to Baden Shaft a pool built into the river on the same U line. The beds and linens are first class as are the bathrooms and facilities in general. Thx

Overall an extremely good hostel and if I return to Berlin I will undoubtedly stay here again, great value for money and one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff cater to your needs perfectly and seem to care about there job, when I arrived they explained the different tourist areas and were very welcoming. Rooms were clean, spacious, wifi accessible everywhere Literally the only complaint I have was the communal showers I used don't offer enough privacy.

Beds are amazing, no bunks and they are very comfortable! Once you work out the trains, its a great location because its a 2min walk to the station. Staff are very nice as well, especially Morgan the bartender. One of the best hostels I've stayed in (Although they should make happy hour 6-8 not 4-6).

Breakfast not included, and for some reason, they put our two beds in a single room, which was very small. They changed our room after complaining, but still not very happy about the first two nights. The hostel is next to a U Bahn stop, which makes the rest of the city easily reached.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Breakfast is never included when it doesn´t say it in the booking, right?! How can you rate this negative then as it is clearly said on your booking confirmation?! Still, sorry that your stay was that horrible as your review shows. Should consider going to all inclusive 5 stars hotels in the future

Only bad thing is there is no AC so the top floor can get hot! Staff is extremely friendly and helpful- especially Mira!

Lovely friendly hostel, decent rooms and beds, nice atmosphere there and a bar downstairs. highly recommended

Clean facilities, friendly staff, comfy beds! The rooms are very spacious and it was nice that none of the rooms have bunk beds. The free welcome drink is also a nice addition! The only thing was that the shower water was not hot and was very lukewarm. But I went on a weekend when it was very hot so it didn't really bother me that much.

The best hostel that I have stayed. Excellent bed, very clean, near to subway.

Nice hostel, close to many things, nice clean bathrooms and comfy beds. Was a bit loud on the first floor even with ear plugs.

• 16th Jul 2014

The staff was great and super friendly in answering all the questions we had. They definitely have the system down. Checking-in, laundry. They've figured the kinks out. Very clean and quite chic! Keep in mind, staying there you will hear everything from children screaming to lovers getting it on. It's quite a mixed crowd.

beautiful hostel and lovely staff. would recommend!

This hostel was a weird hybrid between hotel and hostel. The beds are amazing comfy and the rooms clean and the lockers excellent however for the ladies the showers aren't all that private - glass doors which can be seen through and the curtained shower has massive chinks in it. The vibe is relaxed but if you're looking for a really social hostel, perhaps not the place for you. It's a good twenty min walk away but near local Berlin. The staff is average but no better or worse, can be moody.

I loved this hostel. It was the staff who made it! I also liked how the rooms were set up. I stayed in the 6 mixed dorm and really thought it was excellent. Also, one of the cleanest hostels ever. All around great place. Recommended for Berlin, over the other hostel I have stayed at.

My friend and I backpacked throughout Europe and this was definitely the cleanest hostel by far. It has a hotel feel to it and has great wifi and showers

Very clean. Room is spacious. They had everything I needed like adapter and the likes. I had a 4AM flight, and they let me stay in the common room. Highly recommended.

Really good hostel with a great vibe and great metro links, a little loud at night but overall great!

I loved this hostel. The rooms were very spacious and clean...no bunk beds was a big plus! You get a free welcome drink at the bar upon arrival, and the bar is great for meeting people. They also give you a little orientation when you check in, Mira was really helpful. Great hostel for solo travelers looking to meet others. The only thing that's a bit of a negative is that the location is a little random - generally you have to take 2 subways minimum to get back from anywhere in the city.

BOOK IT NOW. This place is the best hostel I've been in. Almost like a hotel. Quit wasting your time and book it now!

Thank you so much! We are very happy to hear that we were able to make you have a good time with us! Cheers and all the best! Your entire Grand Hostel Team

This is a big hostel but the common area in reception is comfortable. Only stayed one night but wouldn't mind staying longer. Good wifi, hot showers, locker....nice hostel for the price.

Thank you so much! we always appreciate nice words from our guests. Take care and lots of love from sunny Berlin