Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

We were sold as soon as we were given a beer on our arrival! Luxurious check in where we sat down with our beer and figured out where we were going with the receptionist with a map. Rooms were good - no bunkbeds in the one I was staying in, and lots of space. Showers were decent and hot. They allowed us to keep our luggage all day in luggage storage. The bar area was nice. Location is slightly far but easy to get to on tube, and close to the Jewish museum.

This is a really nice hostel! The staff were great! They were helpful and service minded, e.g when we checked in they welcomed us with something to drink. The location is ok. Even tho it's a bit far away from the central the hostel is located near the subway so it's very convenient and easy to get in to the central. Another thing I liked about the hostel is that there were no bunk beds. So it really felt like a hotel! So with all this said, I can really recommend this hostel!!!

Great staff. Cozy lounge and bar. Fun neighbourhood of westkruez. No bunk beds. Fab breakie.

One of the best hostels I've ever had the pleasure of staying in. The directions posted online made the hostel very easy to find. Once arriving at the hostel, the staff was extremely helpful and insightful in terms of getting us all settled in to the city. They literally sat me down and went over a map of Berlin to point out all of the best sights and the most efficient way to see everything. All in all, I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone who plans to visit Berlin.

It's a great hostel and the people very very very nice! Love Berlin

• 20th Mar 2015

It wasnt great but it wasnt bad.Staff was in general polite and welcoming but I wouldnt say friendly or helpful. The location is good because theres a very close U Bahn Station, is just close to Checkpoint Charlie, the rest you would have to walk a lot or take the train. Its very clean, but the hostel was not full at all, when this happens taking a shower or going to the bathroom might be uncomfortable and annoying. Dissapointing atmosphere.Doors dont work with card or key but with password.

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

I stayed here for about a week, and still didn't want to leave by the end. The hostel itself is in a beautiful old building, with a super cool library bar, and everything was kept really clean. The staff were all incredibly lovely , friendly, and fun to talk to. I can't recommend this hostel more highly-definitely one of my favorites while I've been traveling the past few months!

• 16th Mar 2015

One of the best hostels I stayed at. The building has a nice feel to it, the staff is super nice and helpful, the bathrooms are clean, its a great atmosphere to meet people at (there's a reception bar where you can meet loads of people in), and the location was right next to a metro station. Only complain is that the floors squeaked so had to be very quiet at night to avoid waking anyone up.

• 15th Mar 2015

Hotel staff is very helpful, and location is great, easy to go to any of the train station. And there is a waterfall park 20 minutes by walking distance if you prefer a morning run:)

Great atmosphere and friendly staff. Only complaint I would have would be the price of breakfast - it's quite expensive at 7 euro!

• 15th Mar 2015

Great location and efficient helpful staff. Clean facilities

It was the best hostel I ever stayed. Nice, friendly staff and was clean everywhere. The best thing was their beds. Omg such comfortable. Any timeiI'll be in Berlin I will just go to the Grand Hostel. I strongly recommend you and trust me you will not regret.

Great place with friendly staff! Metro is 2mins away and the main strip with cheap food is 5mins away :)

Wifi was pretty bad. Couldn't mount a connection with a tablet, Seem to work fine on phones.

Staff is accessible and ready to help, I was visiting museums and I was given a map with handwritten suggestions by every staff member I asked for advice. You get what you pay for, I enjoyed my stay.

• 7th Mar 2015

Me and my friend spent three nights here at the beginning of our time in Berlin. It's in the Kreuzberg neighborhood which is young and vibrant, but it's on the quieter side of things. It's also right next to a train stop which is nice and it's easy to find cabs if that's your thing. Very safe. I think now that I know Berlin a bit better, I would've preferred to stay in Schoneberg or Charlottenberg, but everyone at the hostel was great and I would recommend to others.

Good hostel. It was some problem with the internet (too slow), but everything else is nice.

What a fantastic week. Thanks to all the guys who helped keep me topped up all week. Would recommend to everyone. Definitely will be returning.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Staffs, facilities, atmosphere were excellent and I really loved it. and it was clean. anyway I met lovely friends and had a nice time here :) thanks

We had a lovely time, the hostel was beautiful and very clean, the facilities were excellent. Location was also very good.

• 27th Feb 2015