Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

fantastic stay at there

Amazing hostel, definitely the best one I stayed in my whole trip. Very clean and had a great atmosphere plus the beds were super comfy!

• 25th Aug 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

Very good hostel! Everything was really well organised and clean. The staff was friendly and all the facilities where amazing. Close to the metro line that brings you to the night-life but for other places in Berlin you have to travel a bit further. The price is quite high but considering this is Berlin still quite ok. We had a great stay and are definitely coming back if we visit Berlin again! :)

A great hostel located in Kreuzberg. The beds are unbelieviable comfortable and the room is big and clean. The staff is really helpful and the price is a plus. Would recommend to anyone.

• 20th Aug 2014

Overall a good hostel, rooms were spacious and beds very comfortable, staff were helpful and it was in a cool neighbourhood. Not the most social atmosphere but there were a few people to be found in the bar most nights.

Absolutely loved the Grand Hostel Berlin! Large and clean rooms, extremely helpful and friendly staff, and central location right next to the metro. Cozy atmosphere too with a reading area/bar by the reception. Would absolutely stay there again. Thank you for making our stay great!

When we arrived jerome offered us a welcome drink and he was very helpful in answering questions about berlin. We had a twin private room which was very big and clean. All of the staff were helpful and friendly. The bar was busy and a perfect place to mingle and meet new people. Some reviews mentioned the showers were not private and in the girls you can see people showering. The glass is completely misted so this is not true. Very happy with our stay.

Great Hostel ! Special thanks to Mira for welcoming us on our first day !

• 14th Aug 2014

Grand Hostel Berlin might just be my favorite hostel I've ever visited--the staff were wonderful and friendly (and presented me with a live-saving free beer upon my arrival after a stressful day of travel), and the facilities were beautiful. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Berlin!

ves: Key code security wonderful; no bunk beds - major ; rooms and share bathrooms cleaned daily; amazing breakfast; friendly staff; great bar atmosphere; close to metro station; 10 min walk from Main Street; laundry service -ves: only 4 lockers in 5 bed room, but minor issue Had the best stay here, would definitely come back and definitely recommend it to anyone and everyone going to Berlin :) I wish every hostel was like grand hostel!!

I loved staying here, it's the best hostel I've ever been to! :) met a lot of amazing people there and slept sooo good there, the beds are unbelievably comfy! :) hope to come back soon. :)

One of the best hostel in Berlin! Stayed there many times and surely come back again next time! Great staff and spacious rooms, nice lounge bar too. But guys, please tell the cleaning ladies to clean better the dust under the bed!!!

One of my favourite hostels I've stayed in. You can talk to staff like you've known them for years and they will chat with you when they see you too. Beds are comfy and lockers are basically small wardrobes with couple hangars in which is great. They do great bar crawls and happy hours too. Spent loads of time drinking with loads of others in the hostel common room. I would definitely consider staying here again when I visit Berlin again in the future

Best hostel I've ever stayed in. Very clean, all the staff I met were very friendly (Martin the bartender is a legend) and it had a great vibe for the whole time I was there. They put on events almost every day, and the staff are great for giving advice on where to go in Berlin. The bathrooms weren't great for privacy, but this was a minor issue overall. Would definitely return, was sad to have to leave!

Room was good, and beds very comfortable (best night's sleep of our trip so far). 7 people using one ensuite bathroom was a little bit too many, though - although there were more toilets in the corridor to use, i didn't notice any other showers. Fantastic location both for getting to sights in Berlin, and for eating/going out in the evenings in Kreuzberg.

Awesome hostel, a real step up from any other hostels we had stayed in before. The layout is really good and the bar is a great place to get talking to other travellers. The staff were really good in pointing out all the places to see/go at night as well. Can see why it has won so many awards!

The Grand Hostel Berlin is a perfect place to stay. It is very well located and the staff is very nice. We loved our stay (and the breakfast, and the beds).

Best hostel I have been to, Staff are great fun, Fancy décor and it really should be called Grand HOTEL Berlin

It was great. The accomodation was the standard of a hotel but the prices and atmosphere was that of a hostel. Amazing!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I never managed to connect my macbook to the internet connection, which was kind of annoying as I was in Berlin for school.

• 3rd Aug 2014