Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

This was a very nice hostel. The staff were incredibly nice, and you even get a free drink when you're filling out your check-in forms. The hostel is within walking distance of the exciting parts of Kreuzberg and a short U/S-Bahn ride away form Neuköln too. The lounge area was cozy and the rooms clean and decent.

The staff was very helpful, I got everything I needed for my stay. The price for my stay was steep but mostly because of poor timing with the Amsterdam Dance Event.

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Kazakhstan

The hostel was really nice and clean and the staff was very helpful. The only thing I didn't like was the showers, it wasn't very private.

• 20th Oct 2014

Felt the cleanliness of a hotel and the social atmosphere of a hostel. Highly suggest this hostel.

• 19th Oct 2014

Good location and good staff. But the room is not that big for 6 people.

I have stayed 3 days in Grand Hostel Berlin and from the moment I had put my foot from the door I have met perfect welcoming by their extraordinay staff. Hostel is good, building is chic and the common area is exceptional. Even though there was no elevator and my room was on 3rd floor, I have no complaints. What makes them special and demandable is their perfectly selected intellectual multi-cultural employees. I had great time.

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Grand hostel is beautiful hostel in a beautiful old building. Stuff is great but let's see the other side. Like any other old building with high walls, doors are heavy and not easy to open. Or close. In fact, when you are closing door of the room it's slamming loudly and during the night, slumming door is very disturbing. Especially when you hear almost every door on every room on the floor closing. I suppose that some kind of rubber band would solve the problem and make slumming door silent.

• 15th Oct 2014
  • Montenegro

A nice looking Jugendstil building with high ceilings as they used to build before WW2. There is an agreeable reception aria and bar. All single beds in the dormitories. Just remember there is no lift if you come with heavy luggage and you'll have to carry it up, but there aren't more than two floors to go.

It's a really nice hostel, and I would definitely stay there again. Sweet, welcoming staff, who speak perfect english. Nice location near the U-bahn, clean rooms. We were really positively surprised when we came there.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

The staff were amazing. The moment I arrived they welcomed me, gave me a drink, and explained where all the landmarks were on the map and the easiest way of getting there and the ways I could save money. They offer a cheap all you can eat breakfast next door that I highly recommend. I am definitely going back there in the future

Nice place. Very friendly helpful receptionist.

I felt like I was staying in someone's very nice home. Extremely clean, comfortable, and a great location. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I wouldn't change anything about this place!

I picked the hostel 700 m from Tempodrome, due to an event. Also a good base for exploring Berlin. Nice staff, met pleasant guests. I would recommend the Hostel to other travelers.

Simply the best in Europe if not the world so far!!!! And I have been travelin loads!!!!!!! If not for this lay over when in Berlin all the bustling would be breakin me wheee mind!!!! Cheers all and keep up the great work and atmosphere. Hope to make it back to you again asap! Been on a whirlwind and your an oasis in the mayhem!!!!

Wonderful staff, great rooms - no bunks! Too few toilets. A guest checked in at 2am and made an unbelievable amount of prolonged noise so perhaps a briefing for people who check in then, about etiquette would be appreciated. It's a bit tricky to get from Tegal. There is quite alot of cheap food nearby and the trains are very close as well.

First hostel I have ever stayed in and to be honest I wasn't expecting much but everything was amazing. The building itself is full of old charm and original features. The staff will bend over backwards to help you. The other hostel stayers were super friendly. Never felt like my belongings were not safe. I literally do not have a bad word to say about this place. I will be back.

• 1st Oct 2014

Amazing hostel. Practically a hotel! Lovely rooms and comfortable beds. It was the best hostel we stayed at on our trip as it was quiet in the rooms but sociable and fun in the bar. The staff were so friendly. Gave us great recommendations on where to go in Berlin and the welcome beer upon arrival was more than welcome. When it's busy in the summer I bet it's the best place to stay! 100% I will be going back!!

Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff. Bar and lounge have a nice vibe. Location is in the middle of Kreuzberg, which is a cool part of the city, and a quick walk to the Möckernbrücke U-Bahn station.

• 30th Sep 2014

Comfortable beds. Good wifi. Lare dorm rooms. Easy to get to main attractions. Only thing that was a suprise were the open showers nowhere to change or put clothes privately

Reception very helpful and an agreeable atmosphere. We spent an excellent night.