Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

The Grand Hostel Berlin was a great experience! Friendly staff and nice rooms!

Beautiful hostel, and by far the cleanest we've been at yet on our journeys! A very relaxing, serene getaway - not a loud party hostel, which was perfect. A bit of a walk from the sights, but not too bad. Only issue we had was that staff had written us in for the wrong night - but they fixed it for us without too much of a wait, and gave a welcome beer to make up for it :) All in all, a great spot to relax and get a good nights sleep!

I loved how friendly the staff were. They took the time to mark important sites to see while in the city and best options to travel. They were even kind enough to provide dinner from their restaurant because the weather was terrible outside for free. Must try Curry 36 just a few streets from the hostel and it was the BEST curry wurst I tried in Germany!!!

Very clean, quiet, relaxing, comfortable beds, friendly staff, super close to a u-Bahn station- literally can't think of anything to improve on.

Nice stay in the hostel, although next time I will probably opt for a private room because there were just too many people in the room that I had for the weekend. Staff was friendly and helpful. The check-in process was nice because you get a free drink upon arrival, and you can store your luggage in their storage room, which made things a lot easier as I was waiting for my room to be finished.

Had a great stay here. Staff very helpful and informative. Brilliant common area to meet fellow travellers and the single bed (yes they are not bunks) with two pillows was amazing. Would definitely recommend.

Perfect hostel for my conference trip. Will do that again! :) Staff was incredibly nice to host my luggage on checkout day. Weiter so!

Location was fantastic, as Kreuzberg is definitely the coolest part of Berlin, and the metro is just next door, but I found it hard to socialize with people, even in the common room. The hostel is average, and not exactly as mind blowing as the reviewers seem to find it

Good hostel, clean and moderate. Staff was helpful and the location was good and very close to a city train station. Be prepared for a loud wake up at 10am from the cleaning and maintenance staff though!

First class hostel.

Beautiful building with nice rooms. It was great not to have bunk beds. Facilities were clean. Location was okay once you figure out the train system. Very fun bar with awesome staff! The Friday night bar crawl they do every week was so much fun. Overall it's a really great place to stay.

Grand indeed! Super comfy beds, immaculately clean bathrooms and showers, fun bar and nice library reading area too. A high profile property, with excellent staff and super safe area thats less than a minute walk to U7 and U1 train stations, that goes directly to the club scene without the masses of peeps, getting sick under your hostel window at 3am...close yet a few stops far enough to be gracious. Been down to berlin from denmark so many times and this is perhapst the best hostel ever!

We liked a lot the hostel, totally recomendable,

Great hostel! Lots of fun staff, clean rooms and a brilliant bar! Staff were always happy to help, made our trip to Berlin better than expected!

Overall a good experience throughout several nights but with two glaring flaws: - The wifi was terrible; after four or five users joined, disconnects were frequent. I couldn't get much work done and had to find wifi elsewhere very often. The staff was apologetic but basically said "Yeah, it happens" with nothing further. - Half the private rooms are exposed to the noisy bar & common room with no sound-canceling door the rest of the privates have. Poor sleep, I recommend the dorms instead

The Hostel is almost perfect. I had really nice moments during my stay. The staff was so close and helped us with everything. I would repeat 100%

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Noriak
  • Spain

This is one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff was awesome and super helpful. My flight left from Berlin at 5 a.m. on Monday morning, so I didn't bother with a hostel my last night. I planned on staying at the airport, but the guy at the front desk allowed me to hang out in the lounge and even offered to wake me up if I had dozed off before it was time to leave! I can't imagine that happening at many places!

Nicest hostel I've ever stayed in! Super friendly staff, we were greeted and offered a beverage then given a map and a little overview of what there is in Berlin and where restaurants and bars are. Room was clean and beds were comfy! If I come back to Berlin I'd definitely stay here

Good hostel, a plug for every bed, good internet, love the lockers. Enjoyed my stay! However, in our four-bed dorm, it happened twice that two separate people snuck someone extra in for the night. Not cool - part of the reason I couldn't give a perfect score for security.

I'd stayed here before and loved it. But this time I awoke two mornings out of three to find an extra person in the room. Picking up people in bars and bringing them back to the room is uncool. They could be thieves or worse.