Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Great stay. Breakfast was fantastic!

try n get the first floor if you have a lot of luggage, no elevator great stay

The staff are what makes this place so amazing!

Nice place!!!

Good hostel overall, nice big and clean rooms. Noise carried easily and our neighbors were extremely loud, slamming doors at all hours of the night. We thought it was a bit overpriced for what we got.

Not enough stars to give an honest evaluation of this place. Staff so friendly, within 20 mins of everything via the underground or train which the hostel provide a cheap travel card. I would recommend this hostel to anyone traveling to Berlin I'll be sure to come back soon!!!

• 15th Sep 2014

Fantastic. I rarely use hostels these days but was very happy with the quality and cleanliness here. Great to have single beds not bunks. Bar / lounge area very comfortable. This hostel does not have a kitchen but you can order an all you can eat breakfast. Lots of cafes, restaurants within a 15 main walk. Felt safe walking about as a woman alone. Quiet after 10pm rule generally observed. Bathrooms and toilets kept very clean. Only complaint needs 5 lockers not 4 in a 5 bed room.

More like a hotel than a hostel to be honest - beds made for you daily, complimentary sweet on the pillow on arrival! Keycoded doors both to main and own room making you feel nice and safe. Toilets good. Showers okay but they were a bit lacking in privacy - the block out shiny material was peeling off the upper half of the cubicles and the shower curtain further forward didn't fully go side to side so one felt a bit worried about that. But overall it really was amazing :)

Great place to stay in Berlin!

no free washing machine, no kitchen

Very well located and friendly staff

This was an amazing hostel to stay at and we have no regrets or complaints with our stay. The reception desk and bartenders are extremely helpful and know what to recommend for anything and everything you could need, from how to get to tourist attractions to the best bars and clubs for the night. If you have the chance to go on the pub crawl through the hostel, I also highly recommend that because the bartender Martin is amazing and will make sure you have a good night.

• 5th Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice place, very fancy, clean and with a good atmosphere. It's not badly located (not far from Checkpoint Charlie) and very close to a U-Bahn station. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the bar is quite cool.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in--very clean, great location, staff very friendly and helpful.

• 30th Aug 2014

Had a nice stay there. Nothing to complain about. The breakfast was great! The U-bahn is close but the direct neighborhood of the hostel is not really lively, you have to walk ten minutes to find some bars and restaurants

The hostel was great. Everything was extremely clean. The breakfast was great, I would have never expected such a selection of food in a hostel. The U-bahn station is right on the door. The staff was friendly, although I wanted to speak in German and most of the time I got answered in English, which I find really annoying.

I absolutely loved this hostel, the staff are really friendly and the place has a really good atmosphere. The bar is a really sociable environment and a great place to meet people if you're travelling solo like I was.

It was within walking distance to all the sights you want to see. There are also some fun places to eat/drink nearby. The bar wasn't super busy. I would note though, that the showers are not super private. But its not a big deal because they weren't super busy. It's clean and friendly. At check in they sat us down with a map and helped us decide what we want to do and gave us some suggestions. I would stay here again.

Possibly my best week in a hostel ever. The greatest imaginable staff you could ever find, excellent cleanliness and an extremely friendly atmosphere, all for cheap price. I travelled by myself but never stayed alone! Definitely recommended.

We were lost coming to the destination, the night staff could have been more helpful with giving directions or even trying to help. Nice that keys were not needed, everything was accessible via punch-code. Wifi in the rooms was a huge plus. Rooms were fairly spacious and welcoming.