Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

The best hostel I've ever stayed in by far! Amazing location, the most super friendliest staff, and just all around best vibes. The only not very significant critique would be the showers arent very private which can cause some discomfort. But everything else about this hostel rules! The staff are super friendly and also so happy to help in any way whether with directions somewhere or advice about cool places to go. They also give you a free drink upon your arrival! Swoon.

Luxury hostel feel in the room (no bunks and very comfy bedding) but also fun hostel vibe in the bar and common area. Location perfect right on one of the major ubahn lines. Great if you're travelling alone as staff were really friendly and helpful. Especially guys behind the bar. They ran a great beer tasting! Perfect for meeting other travellers too. The only minor issue was that I booked for 5 nights and I had to move rooms after the first night. It was very easy though. Would stay again!

• 31st Jan 2015

Everything about this hostel is top class! The most wonderful and helpful staff I've ever encountered in a hostel. There was always am ember of staff on hand to answer any questions or give advice about where to go in berlin. The bar is very cool and comfortable and the building is beautiful. The location is perfect for seeing Berlin, situated in Kreuzberg but within walking distance of the main tourist attractions. I would recommend anyone to stay here when visiting Berlin! We'll be back :)

Had an excellent stay!

Felt more like a hotel than a hostel. Good wifi connection. There is a €3,60 separate charge for the bedsheets. I guess its their way of making money off people booking things in a hurry and not reading all the the terms and conditions. Thats my biggest complaint because I ended up paying €15 a night instead of the €11 that I was expecting.

Fantastic stay here! Stagf were fantastic, hostel is just amazing for the price. Only downside was no kitchen, but you're so close to cheap and amazing food this really isn't that much of an issue. Would definitely stay here again :)

Absolutely loved my stay at the Grand Hostel. The staff were amazing-- super helpful, friendly, welcoming and shared their knowledge of Berlin. Location is absolutely perfect, right off the Tempelhof Ubahn stop. Just minutes away from all the historical sites and surrounded by great food.

• 22nd Jan 2015

The dorm rooms do not have bunkbeds, only single beds. That should give you an idea how awesome this place is. Staff were super-friendly, and it's been a pleasure staying here.

excellent location, just hundred meters away from subway station. friendly staff. the best hostel I've been in Berlin

Come to get a look !

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

The Grand Hostel Berlin just may be the best hostel in the world. They couldn't get rid of me there; I stayed for 2 weeks by myself. The rooms are the best I've ever stayed in at a hostel and there's a really awesome bar and common room. I met tons of amazing people and I think I actually made some life-long overseas connections and friends. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone travelling through Berlin. There's also free condoms at the front desk if you're feeling a little frisky.

• 19th Jan 2015

Good Timez

Can't recommend highly enough. Facilities are very clean and safe with combinations for the doors and safes for you to put valuables in as well as cabinets inside the rooms. Easy access to metro system. Every member of the staff is very helpful and seemingly just wants you to have a good time. Organized activities including a German lesson and pub crawl should be taken advantage of. The lounge area is great for meeting people too.

Fantastisch

The atmosphere in the Grand Hostel Berlin is completely lacking, the bar man who was working the nights I stayed there tried his best but it wasn't happening. The internet is useless unless you are down stairs in the bar area and every time you leave you have to log in again. I also had a black stain on my bed linen.

Perfect hostel. I also met my second half there and hope it could last. On a downside maybe there no need to change wifI password so often?

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Everything from the staff to the rooms to the Wi-Fi is simply perfect. Immediately upon your arrival you will be offered a free drink (iced tea, coffee or beer). You get your own comfy bed instead of the usual double-bunk bed; makes you feel like you are home away from home. The common room has the coziest atmosphere imaginable: bookcases, armchairs, sofas, tables, and a bar. You will find yourself chilling there with other travellers well into the night.

Only stayed for 1 night. Everything was OK :) Really nice location, beautiful building. Helpful staff! Short but nice stay!

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Good hostel, and I fully recommend it as long as you don't mind being a little out-of-the-way in terms of Belin's ridiculous tram system. It'll take 3 transfers to get to the Brandenburg Gate and all that, but that's more Berlin's fault than the hostel's. Adorable hostel, though, with great atmosphere, great staff, and a cheap bar. All the rooms I saw were really nice, no bunks. And they've done away with keys in favor of passcodes on the doors, which is much more convenient than it sounds.

Everything is good. Additional breakfast worth the money. Only one little issue - bar did not work too late :)