Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Staff is accessible and ready to help, I was visiting museums and I was given a map with handwritten suggestions by every staff member I asked for advice. You get what you pay for, I enjoyed my stay.

• 7th Mar 2015

Me and my friend spent three nights here at the beginning of our time in Berlin. It's in the Kreuzberg neighborhood which is young and vibrant, but it's on the quieter side of things. It's also right next to a train stop which is nice and it's easy to find cabs if that's your thing. Very safe. I think now that I know Berlin a bit better, I would've preferred to stay in Schoneberg or Charlottenberg, but everyone at the hostel was great and I would recommend to others.

Good hostel. It was some problem with the internet (too slow), but everything else is nice.

What a fantastic week. Thanks to all the guys who helped keep me topped up all week. Would recommend to everyone. Definitely will be returning.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Staffs, facilities, atmosphere were excellent and I really loved it. and it was clean. anyway I met lovely friends and had a nice time here :) thanks

We had a lovely time, the hostel was beautiful and very clean, the facilities were excellent. Location was also very good.

• 27th Feb 2015

Great hostel - highly recommended.

I really enjoyed my stay in GHB anöd would gladly visit again. Highly recommended!

Fantastic hostel at amazing value. Exceeded our expectations. We were made to feel very welcome with the staff offering us a complimentary drink upon arrival and going through a map of Berlin which really helped us to settle. Throughout our stay they were nothing but helpful - recommending bars and restaurants as well as providing travel tickets; anything to help our trip run smoothly. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Will definitely pay another visit on our return to Berlin!

• 23rd Feb 2015

Such a wonderful experience!!! This was my first stay in a hostel and was only booked for 5 days but ended up extending my trip an extra week! Aside from the comfortable beds and pillows, clean bathrooms and showers...they had the most amazing staff!!! Christian, Anika, Morgan, Martin, Dario, Adan, Natalia and everyone else made my trip so memorable! Thank you Grand Hostel Berlin! I will be back! ♡♡♡

We met many of the other guests in the bar/lounge. Everyone who stayed there or worked there was incredibly friendly and accommodating! I would recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Berlin. It was awesome!!!

• 20th Feb 2015

Amazing hostel! Easily the best one I've been to while traveling Europe. No complaints at all. Great wifi that connects in the rooms, spacious closet space to keep your things and locks available at the desk. Super friendly and helpful staff! Great environment. Highly recommend for solo travelers.

• 19th Feb 2015

Everything was fantastic at The Grand Hostel Berlin. We were welcomed with warm hearts and it was an unforgettable experience! Thanks very much to all you staff members making it so great

• 19th Feb 2015
  • South Africa

Nice hostel. The staff is very kind.

Great location, very helpful staff. The room is just like in the picture and the beds have a pretty good mattress (slept in a few pretty bad ones during this trip, so it was a relief). They have good deals for transportation passes and bike rents. They have honest prices, nothing overcharged or anything. No complaints whatsoever.

Overall an excellent place to stay... only caveat if any can be the unstable WiFi connection.... other than that excellent place to stay

Nice room, friendly staff! Location is ideal, close to a metro station and nearby some good restaurants! There is also a nice bar in the hostel.

It's an agreeable place with prewar architecture. Everybody is diligent to make you feel welcome and at home. We liked it.

Great little place. The common area has had a lot of work out into it, and it's definitely the jewel of the hostel. Shower facilities could be upgraded for a little more privacy, but that's being picky.

Fantastic place! Not too big, great communal area, cosy lounge, loved happy hour. Staff really friendly and helpful, good security and great location. Close to 2 tube stops and Kreutzberg is a hip area. Awesome the beds are not bunks! Make sure you do the free walking tour, not too bothered on the bar crawl, we had better nights out in Berlin that we organised ourselves.