Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

This is by far one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at. Easily accessible by many different types of public transportation and in a great location. Not too far from city centre and the best nightlife areas in the city. The staff were very welcoming and helpful especially Martin! The rooms are big and the beds are very comfortable. Plenty of bathrooms and showers. The bar/library is a great place to meet new people and have a few drinks before going out. I will definitely stay here again.

Had a fantastic time in Berlin, one of the best hostels I have stayed in so far. looks a little grungy on the way there but it really is a fantastic hostel. would definetly stay there again.

No real security at the front door, but you need a code to go onto each floor and into your room. Nice common area. Very confortable beds. Beds are made each day. Very knowledgeable staff. At check-in, I received a map with all the info about the city and some great places to check out and where to eat (check out Mustafa's for the best kebab you've ever had... it's super close to the hostel and definitely worth the line).

Good location, close to the subway, nice staff. We had a two bed private dorm and it was very spacious, clean, and looked out on a courtyard- pretty lovely. One major thorn in our side here was that the wifi rarely worked, even from the reception room, and the hostel computer wasn't any better. This was a huge hindrance for trying to make travel plans onwards from Berlin, as we did not have data relied on our phones. Also, the breakfast add-on was very dismal. I'd advise against it.

• 1st Jun 2015

Grand hostel was the best hostel my friends and I have stayed in thus far. Everyone is very welcoming and assists you in everything you could need. Rooms are fairly big and the beds are comfy too! Wifi didn't work as well in the rooms however it works great in the lounge. Christian was super awesome showing us a map and providing info on the places we must see. Definitely recommend!

The staff we not overly friendly.

Awesome people, awesome place, loved it!

• 31st May 2015

The hostel was great; it had a decent bar, clean rooms, good AC and lockers. The staff was extremely helpful. I rated it poor value for money because they charged me over 40 euro. I unknowingly went during a German football championship. If I went on a normal day, I probably would have had a decent price.

I've never been to a hostel with such comfy beds!

The environment is okay, there's not really a common area to meet people just the bar or the tables near the reception. There are no lockers in the room so I couldn't lock my things up. There were only 4 plugs in my room of 6 beds. Fairly clean and key card access, which is nice! About 1 km from the main train station I walked there in about 10 mins. Overall it's was an okay experience.

This is the best hostel. The location could have been better, but everything else was excellent

• 25th May 2015

Fun bar at the ground floor that serves as a great area to meet fellow travelers as well as an awesome rendezvous point for going out on the town. Conveniently located right next to the metro system and within walking distance of many restaurants. Friendly staff and a nice little outdoor area.

Pretty decent hostel. Location is nice and it's right next to the metro. I felt safe in the area. The showers are a little cramped but the water pressure and heat is nice. I did get moved a room, which was annoying but things happen. I was a little irritated to find out that nobody took the bed I had moved from on the night I had to move. Atmosphere was ok. Hostel staff were more like hotel staff, so while they are friendly, it's not the intimate hostel experience you might expect.

Clean comfortable beds with nice showers. Located near the metro makes it even better. An enjoyable stay.

Great bar, very helpful staff. Quite centrally located.

• 24th May 2015

Great hostel with a really friendly crowd. Not too much going on close to the hostel but it's pretty easy to get to any of the major places from here. Beds and rooms were spacious and the facilities were quite clean.

Great location, staff, and atmosphere! Just wished the wifi would work on the second floor...

It was great

Great hostel. Very friendly staff. Excellent stay overall. Highly recommend it.

Who has two thumbs and holds them up for this place? Me. Amazing old building with high ceilings and big rooms. Clean and neat and peaceful upstairs, with never a dull moment in the livingroom/bar downstairs. There's not a single thing to complain about. I reached late in the night and was welcomed with a free beer. The staff was always more than cool and made me feel at home instantly. The breakfast is pretty awesome.