Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Fantastic hostel within walking distance of underground stations

Staff and location sells this place very well. It's in the Kreuzberg area, but you do have to either take a walk or metro to the exciting parts of the district. Walking distance to the touristy sites too. Staff were very pleasant and welcoming and not expected at all in a hostel atmosphere.

The staff is generally nice, in special a girl with dread locks in her hair, she's really gentle and give nice Infos. The hostel is clean but beware : no lift at all. The beds are comfy and it's really easy to make friends in the hall. Only stayed one day and already brought back many memories and met nice people. The price is also really fair.

Great hostel! Great atmosphere down stairs in the common areas. Fantastic to be welcomed with a free drink and an explanation of the city. Staff all very helpful. Come, clean, decent sized rooms. Heating not working in our dorm for the 1st night but not too cold. Was fixed for the rest of the stay.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING my partner and i where very impressed and sad to leave, the guy on reception with dark hair and funky glasses was the most welcoming guy we could of asked for. he gave us the best greeting and even played guitar for a bit with my boyfriend which was awesome. complimentary tea/ coffee on arrival was such a nice touch too. location was amazing, atmosphere was amazing, the mulled wine was AMAZING! great value for money indeed. the only downside was no kitchen.

Amazing staff and nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. So nice and so clean!

The people here are very friendly, I find it a very nice hostel.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • China

Very cozy atmosphere. Somewhat off the beaten path, nice and quiet, chill.

• 14th Nov 2014

Great place. Very clean and organized. Like staying in a hotel with friends you just haven't met yet. The staff is awesome and upon arrival sit with you and a map and show you where to go and how to get around. The place was super clean. There is a bar in the reception area and staff organizes events for guests, such as a pub crawl the night I was there. Rooms have plugs next to beds for charging and lockers in the room for your stuff if you have a lock. Very very nice place!

The staff were great, I had to move rooms after the first night which was a pain but you expect it with hostels. On arrival I was greeted with beer and a member of the team sat me down and talked me through getting around and where things were. The bar atmosphere was great and busy. It's genuinely a really nice, clean hostel. No complaints really

The first disappointment was the deceptive pricing. On the website there was no clear mention of extra charges. I always used to go to Plus Berlin, as for 12 Euros you get everything (including towels and bed linen) but here they were charging for each and everything. Even the printing cost 50 Cents which in all other hostels is for free as a courtesy to the customer. This was for sure my first and last stay.

Staff don't know how to prioritize customers. I got there quite late and had to que for 20 min just listening to the staff and a customer chat in front of me. Great atmosphere. Felt safe and clean. Area is really close to a train station. Good atmosphere. Beds were comfortable

Excellent staff really helpfull, location is good just a few steps from a metro station, facilities are really good they even have a bar in the lobby

Very friendly and welcoming staff. Lot's of advice on how to get around in Berlin (map, markets, sightseeing, supermarket, promotions, events etc....)

• 5th Nov 2014

Great hostel! Felt like a hotel, where you just had a few other people in your room too. No bunk beds which was fantastically refreshing! They even made the beds! Which was a huge surprise. Speaking of beds it was the most comfortable bed I have slept in in a long time, and I have been travelling a while! Code access to the entire building meant not having to worry about a key or the room being left open by someone else and not secure.

I was not entirely thrilled with the so called best hostel in Berlin, our 5 bedroom dorm had 4 lockers which they seemed to care less about when I asked them for a room with a locker. My friends bed did not have a light or outlet above it. Basically they sold us a 4 bed dorm as a 5 bed. The so-called bar area had no atmosphere, except for being the only people could get wifi in the hostel. Not what I was expecting and would not recommend to anyone.

A good choice to stay in Berlim!

Very posh hostel with very big rooms and decent sized ensuite. Didn't like that the WiFi didn't really work in the rooms or that they made me change rooms for the final night of my stay. Even though its in a "central location" its still a 15 minute walk into the city or catch the train/bus in. One of the ladies on reception (Marla? Sorry I can't remember your name) was always friendly and helpful to speak to

Really liked this hostel, you can tell they put a lot of effort into making sure it's nice, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bar area was also nice. It all felt more like a hotel than a hostel given the way they decorated and such. The rooms were large and it was so nice not having to sleep in bunk beds for once. You could tell that they could easily squeeze more beds/people into a room if they wanted to (for more money) but they chose not to.

• 28th Oct 2014

Grand Hostel was awesome. Set right in a cool neighbourhood, close to a metro station so you have easy access to getting to all the attractions. They had a library of books you could borrow while you stayed there. A bar with a great atmosphere and the friendliest most helpful staff you could ask for. They literally say down with you and told you everywhere to go based on your interests and the places to eat around each area based on what you liked!