Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Bustling hostel with friendly and helpful staff and close links to the metro station. Cool bar that's often busy. Recommended.

• 12th Jan 2015

We stayed at the Grand Hostel Berlin for 4 nights. We spent the first night in the bar and met some really nice people and enjoyed the beer. Its about a 15minute walk to all the main tourist spots and about a 10 minute walk into the city, but if you prefer to use the metro, there is a station across the road! Really easy to get from Hauptbahnhof station just 15minutes on the M41 bus and only 2.70 each. The Hostel is really clean with comfortable beds and very safe. We would definately stay again

Grand hostel is seriously 1 of the best hostel i ever stayed in europe! Would definitely go back if i will be back in berlin! Introducing the hostel to all ny asian friends! Cheers

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

The best hostel ever I wish I could have used a kitchen though

It seems like a hotel, not a hostel. Rooms are really big and nice, bathroom clean and good shower! Very nice place, close to the metro station and helpful staff. Nice prices as well!

The staff came across as quite rude, though this very well could just be a culture barrier between American-German.

really nice hostel. definitely worth the money. the atmosphere was awesome, really easy to meet people and short train ride to some prettt sweet ride. Only issues were the "double bed room" was simply 2 singles push together so you end up falling between them and the shared showers werent private at all! maybe think about adding changing rooms onto the showers. other than that pretty sweet place.

This is the best Hostel I have ever stayed at. Great staff, good facilities and an awesome atmosphere. I would definitely stay here again!

• 10th Jan 2015

I have just good things to say about my stay at grand hostel, the staff are very kind, good location, the place is clean and I really recommend the pubcrawl, for sure you'll have fun on it.

• 9th Jan 2015

The reception was very nice with staff taking the time to make great suggestions for places to visit in Berlin and explaining where they were on the map. The bar and lounge area is a pretty and cozy space. The mixed gender room was nice and big, only complaints would be that the ensuite bathroom was not the cleanest and got very wet from showers, and that my phone kept disconnecting from the wifi and I couldn't get wifi in the room.

I'm still there and feeling fine. The hostel seems to be popular among US Americans who may appreciate the 19th century building with its high ceilings and stucco ornamentation. I notice that I have been charged extra for bedding. This may be due to a faint stain left on a sheet by my sitting there after riding a wet bicycle. I suspect that the stain will come out in the wash and could have been avoided had the dormitory had a chair as an alternative. The Wifi is very unstable.

The rooms are great. Only comment would be that you always have to pull the door shut, which is a bit of a security risk if not everyone in your room is aware. Wouldn't recommend their pub crawl, overpriced for what you get, and you will be able to find much cooler places by yourself/another crawl.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • New Zealand

It's a nice place in a good location, it even has a bar in it. I would stay here again. There is a metro across the river and many bus stops close by as well. We walked to the city from here with ease. The showers were a little odd; there were 2 in the room but only one had a curtain around it (both fuzzy glass, not clear) and the shower is automated (no lever). I had to move to the other shower to dry off. That is my only complaint.

Hostel was great. A little difficult to spot at the begining. But once you see it you got it. I walked to most of the attractions near by. Takes around 30-40 mins. Hostels good as well. Enjoyed it. No double decker beds.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

We enjoyed our stay, the staff were exceptionally friendly and very helpful

Really friendly staff. Really enjoyed our stay here. The location means you gotta train it everywhere but subway system is easy to use in berlin.

• 30th Dec 2014

best ever

• 29th Dec 2014

I stayed many times in this hostel because I come often to Berlin. It is one of the best in town : spacious rooms, a nice lounge bar where you can meet people or just hang there like in your own living room, great staff and good deals like the breakfast and the day pass for public transport. I will definitely stay there again next time!

Had a great time here. Because of the size you are able to meet a lot of people but also lack a super personal experience. Super clean and super friendly. Loved it

Staff is nice but they seems too busy though, guess all hostle like that's. Asian people likes to drink warm water, if there is kettle available so we could boil water then it will be great.