Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

I loved this hostel. It was the staff who made it! I also liked how the rooms were set up. I stayed in the 6 mixed dorm and really thought it was excellent. Also, one of the cleanest hostels ever. All around great place. Recommended for Berlin, over the other hostel I have stayed at.

My friend and I backpacked throughout Europe and this was definitely the cleanest hostel by far. It has a hotel feel to it and has great wifi and showers

Very clean. Room is spacious. They had everything I needed like adapter and the likes. I had a 4AM flight, and they let me stay in the common room. Highly recommended.

Really good hostel with a great vibe and great metro links, a little loud at night but overall great!

I loved this hostel. The rooms were very spacious and clean...no bunk beds was a big plus! You get a free welcome drink at the bar upon arrival, and the bar is great for meeting people. They also give you a little orientation when you check in, Mira was really helpful. Great hostel for solo travelers looking to meet others. The only thing that's a bit of a negative is that the location is a little random - generally you have to take 2 subways minimum to get back from anywhere in the city.

BOOK IT NOW. This place is the best hostel I've been in. Almost like a hotel. Quit wasting your time and book it now!

Thank you so much! We are very happy to hear that we were able to make you have a good time with us! Cheers and all the best! Your entire Grand Hostel Team

This is a big hostel but the common area in reception is comfortable. Only stayed one night but wouldn't mind staying longer. Good wifi, hot showers, locker....nice hostel for the price.

Thank you so much! we always appreciate nice words from our guests. Take care and lots of love from sunny Berlin

It's a fantastic hostel, I can't really say much more than that! It's only slight drawback is that it is 15-20 mins by foot to Unter-den-Linden but if that's too much for you then there is a metro just 3 doors down.

yes, I found one of the staff members (the guy with the dark hair) rude and blunt. He did not make an effort to be helpful and it negatively affected my stay at the hostel. I think he needs basic training in customer service

• 30th Jun 2014

Good spot

Hi, thank you for your great comment on us and come back soon! The welcome drinks and the candies are already waiting for you ;) Take care and be safe. Daniel - guest relations

Lovely little hostel. The staff were very helpful and nice. My room door kept not letting me enter my room with the code but the staff helped me every time and were very nice. It isn't close to anything in terms of "site seeing", however, it is close to a train station making it easy to get around. Just a little warning for girls... the showers (were great but) are not 100% private. If step a little off center, people can see you showering from the gap in the certain.

Hey thanks for your comment on us. Good to hear you had overall a very nice stay. Be safe.. Your Grand Hostel Team

Overall, a pretty decent hostel. The facilities are up-to-date and very clean for being communal. The dorms are spacious and comfortable. The security is awesome: all the doors are locked by key code. The breakfast is extra; 6-7 Euro. he location is pretty good; not far away is cheap food and good shopping.

Thanks for your review.. Hope to see you again in Berlin.. safe travels!

Clean Beds comfortable. Well maintained

Thx very much! ;)

Loved it. Absolutely loved it. This guy have me free beer to start with.. And watched the World Cup with my fellow Americans which was awesome!! And the wifi could be better but you learn to deal with it. Good place!

Had a great stay here a couple weeks ago during the World Cup where they were showing all the games on a projector in their on-site bar. Some of the staff was very helpful and took the time out to point out spots on Berlin, while others were a bit condescending when we asked them some questions. The beds are super comfortable, but there are no elevators which meant we had to climb up 3 floors with our 20kg+ suitcase. Would definitely stay here again.

Hey, good to hear that! we try our best to make your stay as comfortable and chill as possible.. Good to hear that you had lots of fun! Take care and see you soon perhaps. Daniel - guest relations

The staff here were just top notch. Super firendly and so very helpful. I enjoyed the accomodations, which were clean and comfortable. The hostel was conveniently located near a tram station which got me to where I needed to go.

Hi, thank you for your superb review... Good to know that you had a good time and we hope to welcome you back soon! Be safe and have great travels. Daniel - guest relations

This hostel is great because of easy access to the city from walking or through the extensive subway system. The facilities are great, but if rushed for time the location can be a bit of a pain. The staff is friendly and want to see you enjoy yourself.

The staff were fantastic, would definitely stay here again, thanks guys! :) p.s. try the mojitos!!!

There's no elevator/lift, which made it difficult with because I've been traveling a month and had a large suitcase. The Moeckernbruecke U-Bahn stop (the nearest station) is not a very good location, as the line only runs E-W and not N-S, which complicates travel throughout Berlin. Overall, I got a weird vibe from this place. More for the partying types, which--though I am 21--is not me. I didn't try the breakfast, as it was a little more expensive (7,90 I think) than I was willing to pay.

• 20th Jun 2014

Loved this hostel. It wasn't too big, which made it very conducive to meeting other travellers. There was a lot of World Cup watching in here common room during my stay. Super clean, great rooms. Would definitely recommend. Especially for solo travellers.

• 18th Jun 2014

Hi, great, thank you! ;) good that you have good memories about our place ans us. Hope you are coming back one day! be safe and enjoy live! hugs from Berlin - Daniel - guest relations