Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Hello Grand Hostel Berlin Team, I apologize for answering so late. I was very satisfied, my stay at your hostel was pleasant. Thanks a lot. Yours sincerely Václav Kostohryz

Wonderful hostel in a great location

This hostel was AMAZING!!! Best hostel I've ever stayed in. We got a free upgrade, every member of the staff was extremely helpful, the hostel was clean, the beds were comfortable, and they offered a Christmas Eve dinner. The hostel feels more like a hotel, and was more than worth it for the price we paid. This hostel is the real deal.

We booked this hostel without knowing much. That being said I wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else while I was in Berlin. From the moment you get there, the staff helps you out in any way possible (they give you a welcome beer along with a quick orientation of the sights of Berlin), they have a great bar/common area where you meet many other travelers, the rooms are well kept and cleaned daily, and the showers and bathrooms are very clean. Again I am very glad we chose to stay here

• 21st Dec 2015

It feels more like a hotel than a hostel. So if thats your style, this place for you

Amazing place, incredible location, best and friendliest staff ever! Loved my stay :)

• 19th Dec 2015

Staff are very helpful.Location a bit far off from major tourist sites though a close metro station is 1 min away. One passcode for the whole building but lockers are available on the rooms for your belongings. Would be handy to have a small kitchen with at least a microwave and a kettle. Linen is 3.5 euros so take it into account when just booking for 1 night.

Big old building with wooden staircase, atmospheric lounge/bar area, idiosyncratic dorm door entry system (entering 6 numbers into a key pad) plus an overwhelming sense that the owners went out to provide a delightful place to stay. It's almost as if the owner's asked themselves 'what would i want in a hostel that my children/grandchildren stay at'. Next time i'll go and have a meal in the restaurant next door. That U-bahn under the road over the river access is weird though.

Excelente lugar! Definitivamente volveré ahí cuando regrese a Berlin, muy limpio y el staff bastante amable.

- only thing that would have made the hostel 10/10 would be to have a kitchen for the guests

Awesome hostel I stayed for 4 days and had a blast. The pub crawl is great and the staff are tons of fun. Highly recommended!

Couldn't be happier with my stay at the Grand Hostel Berlin. One of the nicest hostels I have been too. I was in a 6 bedroom dorm but there were no bunk beds, which was fantastic! The lounge/ bar area is the perfect place for a solo traveler to meet new people and the staff was extremely helpful. The location is great for clubs and great food (mustafas kebab 2 blocks away). Would recommend to any and can't wait to be back!

Bad hostel for tall people. The roof was too low and my tall friend couldn't stand up properly hit his head.

• 15th Dec 2015
  • beckie96rt
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice place, really nice welcome and comfy beds. Close to the centre but there isn't much around where the hostel is

Amazing! Clean, safe and great atmosphere! Had the best time in Berlin and wanna go back soon. Really nice and helpful staff. Thanks, Grand Hostel!

Fine and clean hostel, which looks like a hotel. Lots of books in the common room. Bar and restaurant district quite near.

• 14th Dec 2015
  • Finland

Had a great time, great atmosphere and friendly staff!!

Rooms are really comfortable, and they clean up every single day! I had some problems with the bathroom at my floor, there were 2 showers, one was broken and the other apparently had no hot water. The first staff I talked to didn't care much about my complain, but on the next day the other guy I talked to checked it right away, and acctually the shower was working, just the mechanism was different from the others showers. I had already left, but he explained per email. It was all good afterall!

Hands down best hostel for the money. They do charge you for bed linen, but even with the additional €3.50 or so, it's still cheaper than other hostels.

Great hostel. Really enjoyed our stay. Best atmosphere!