Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Absolutely loved my stay at the Grand Hostel. The staff were amazing-- super helpful, friendly, welcoming and shared their knowledge of Berlin. Location is absolutely perfect, right off the Tempelhof Ubahn stop. Just minutes away from all the historical sites and surrounded by great food.

• 22nd Jan 2015

The dorm rooms do not have bunkbeds, only single beds. That should give you an idea how awesome this place is. Staff were super-friendly, and it's been a pleasure staying here.

excellent location, just hundred meters away from subway station. friendly staff. the best hostel I've been in Berlin

Come to get a look !

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Taiwan

The Grand Hostel Berlin just may be the best hostel in the world. They couldn't get rid of me there; I stayed for 2 weeks by myself. The rooms are the best I've ever stayed in at a hostel and there's a really awesome bar and common room. I met tons of amazing people and I think I actually made some life-long overseas connections and friends. I'd recommend this hostel to anyone and everyone travelling through Berlin. There's also free condoms at the front desk if you're feeling a little frisky.

• 19th Jan 2015

Good Timez

Can't recommend highly enough. Facilities are very clean and safe with combinations for the doors and safes for you to put valuables in as well as cabinets inside the rooms. Easy access to metro system. Every member of the staff is very helpful and seemingly just wants you to have a good time. Organized activities including a German lesson and pub crawl should be taken advantage of. The lounge area is great for meeting people too.

Fantastisch

The atmosphere in the Grand Hostel Berlin is completely lacking, the bar man who was working the nights I stayed there tried his best but it wasn't happening. The internet is useless unless you are down stairs in the bar area and every time you leave you have to log in again. I also had a black stain on my bed linen.

Perfect hostel. I also met my second half there and hope it could last. On a downside maybe there no need to change wifI password so often?

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Everything from the staff to the rooms to the Wi-Fi is simply perfect. Immediately upon your arrival you will be offered a free drink (iced tea, coffee or beer). You get your own comfy bed instead of the usual double-bunk bed; makes you feel like you are home away from home. The common room has the coziest atmosphere imaginable: bookcases, armchairs, sofas, tables, and a bar. You will find yourself chilling there with other travellers well into the night.

Only stayed for 1 night. Everything was OK :) Really nice location, beautiful building. Helpful staff! Short but nice stay!

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Poland

Good hostel, and I fully recommend it as long as you don't mind being a little out-of-the-way in terms of Belin's ridiculous tram system. It'll take 3 transfers to get to the Brandenburg Gate and all that, but that's more Berlin's fault than the hostel's. Adorable hostel, though, with great atmosphere, great staff, and a cheap bar. All the rooms I saw were really nice, no bunks. And they've done away with keys in favor of passcodes on the doors, which is much more convenient than it sounds.

Everything is good. Additional breakfast worth the money. Only one little issue - bar did not work too late :)

Bustling hostel with friendly and helpful staff and close links to the metro station. Cool bar that's often busy. Recommended.

• 12th Jan 2015

We stayed at the Grand Hostel Berlin for 4 nights. We spent the first night in the bar and met some really nice people and enjoyed the beer. Its about a 15minute walk to all the main tourist spots and about a 10 minute walk into the city, but if you prefer to use the metro, there is a station across the road! Really easy to get from Hauptbahnhof station just 15minutes on the M41 bus and only 2.70 each. The Hostel is really clean with comfortable beds and very safe. We would definately stay again

Grand hostel is seriously 1 of the best hostel i ever stayed in europe! Would definitely go back if i will be back in berlin! Introducing the hostel to all ny asian friends! Cheers

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

The best hostel ever I wish I could have used a kitchen though

It seems like a hotel, not a hostel. Rooms are really big and nice, bathroom clean and good shower! Very nice place, close to the metro station and helpful staff. Nice prices as well!

The staff came across as quite rude, though this very well could just be a culture barrier between American-German.