Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Best hostel I have been to, Staff are great fun, Fancy décor and it really should be called Grand HOTEL Berlin

It was great. The accomodation was the standard of a hotel but the prices and atmosphere was that of a hostel. Amazing!

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

I never managed to connect my macbook to the internet connection, which was kind of annoying as I was in Berlin for school.

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Belgium

Great place to stay and meet people, definitely stay here! Fantastic helpful staff.

Great place to stay. The staff were genuinely helpful people. Even got some tea on arrival. The bar is nice and relaxed and cozy. Perfect for solo travellers. The breakfast was superb. The place was very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

This was my favorite hostel out of my whole European vacation! The staff was very helpful and friendly. You get a welcome drink when you arrive and they show you attractions on a map. The bartender was great, very friendly! Very comfy beds and really nice environment! On our second day, the keypad to our room broke, which kind of sucked. However, they gave us free breakfast the whole time to make up for it! Great customer service! I would stay again in a heart beat!

Great hostel and deserves its reputation. No bunk beds in the dorms! Power outlet and light for each (comfortable!) bed, enough lockers, good sized bathrooms. Cool bar area too. The internet had to be logged into every time you left and returned, but great hostel!

The only way to understand the awseomeness of this place is to staying there! Awsome.

Didnt like the hidden charges for sheet and taxes.

• 29th Jul 2014

A very welcoming, clean and comfortable hostel. Great atmosphere in the communal lounge/bar area. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Great breakfast available next door. Cannot be faulted.

• 28th Jul 2014

The hostel was in a good position however there was no kitchen or common area except for the library which was also where the bar was! There was no privacy in the showers it open for all to see, there where 3 showers however for my stay only one worked!

• 25th Jul 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hostel has a great vibe. It felt more like a hotel as it was very clean and comfortable and there's a bar which I'm pretty sure is 24 hours as we were in there until gone 4am. It's situated really close to an underground station which is useful as you could walk for hours in Berlin getting to where you need to be. I'd definitely stay here again.

It really was a fantastic hostel. The staff was helpful, the Friday night bar crawl was amazing, but it's a bit of a walk to some things. Overall, great place.

• 22nd Jul 2014

Grand Berlin with the best free tour info and good priced bike tours. Jerome, Christian and Daniel know all the best spots and managed to organize club outings and bike tours from the onsite bar and and library. The underground just outside goes direct to the best clubs in Berlin and the facilities are 5star (except no pool). The staff directed us to Baden Shaft a pool built into the river on the same U line. The beds and linens are first class as are the bathrooms and facilities in general. Thx

Overall an extremely good hostel and if I return to Berlin I will undoubtedly stay here again, great value for money and one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff cater to your needs perfectly and seem to care about there job, when I arrived they explained the different tourist areas and were very welcoming. Rooms were clean, spacious, wifi accessible everywhere Literally the only complaint I have was the communal showers I used don't offer enough privacy.

Beds are amazing, no bunks and they are very comfortable! Once you work out the trains, its a great location because its a 2min walk to the station. Staff are very nice as well, especially Morgan the bartender. One of the best hostels I've stayed in (Although they should make happy hour 6-8 not 4-6).

Breakfast not included, and for some reason, they put our two beds in a single room, which was very small. They changed our room after complaining, but still not very happy about the first two nights. The hostel is next to a U Bahn stop, which makes the rest of the city easily reached.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Belgium

Breakfast is never included when it doesn´t say it in the booking, right?! How can you rate this negative then as it is clearly said on your booking confirmation?! Still, sorry that your stay was that horrible as your review shows. Should consider going to all inclusive 5 stars hotels in the future

Only bad thing is there is no AC so the top floor can get hot! Staff is extremely friendly and helpful- especially Mira!

Lovely friendly hostel, decent rooms and beds, nice atmosphere there and a bar downstairs. highly recommended

Clean facilities, friendly staff, comfy beds! The rooms are very spacious and it was nice that none of the rooms have bunk beds. The free welcome drink is also a nice addition! The only thing was that the shower water was not hot and was very lukewarm. But I went on a weekend when it was very hot so it didn't really bother me that much.