Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

The staff was great. They had s lot of small fees: towels, locks that other hostels I've stayed out do not. But I understand why. The door to the second floor wouldn't close so it was one less door between my bags and a thief but I wasn't worried. Overall it was one of the best I've stayed in.

The amazing thing is that there was one guy I have seen settling everything for us! Well, even so he worked like a team! He was smiley and friendly. He gave us decent breakfast especially for the budget. The down side is that the toilet was a little bit smelly... the kind of smell when you have wet rug for long time and it starts to smell. Also, I was in 3 beds private room with 2 fellas. And one of the beds was too close to the toilet. Better to Gove it more distance ;)

Great hostel! Had a wonderful stay in Berlin because of it:D

Sometimes it is dangerous if a female is arranged in a mixed room with all the other males.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • China

One of the best hostel in Berlin : great staff, spacious, clean and comfortable rooms, a very nice lounge bar where you can meet people or just feel like in your own living room. I've stayed there many times because I come regularly in Berlin ( my favourite city:) and I will definitely stay there again!

overly complicated WiFi System that doesnt seem to work well with Linux systems but otherwise everything was great.

• 21st Dec 2014

Great hostel, only complaints are it could be closer to the center, but it wasn't an issue in the end.

Lovely hostel in all, and a special mention to all the staff - at the reception and at the bar. Thank you

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. To start off the shower didn't drain one bit aka after 1 min u were standing in several inches of water and who know what. That was only the start of a very bad night. I picked a 7 person room, I am a girl traveling all alone. I did not expect to be put in a room with a group of 6 guys who had all booked together. They turned out to be worst people you would ever want to stay with and the staff did nothing about it, even after I asked them to.

• 18th Dec 2014

Very helpful staff. Good common room to meet people staying at the hostel. Good wifi. Clean. Right next to u bahn station. Overall very good and would stay there again.

Great hostel - believe the hype. No problems - except the showers are a little small and lack privacy.

Great very home-alike mood. Has the facilities to meet people and to be comfortable while leaving space for everybody. Special thanks to the personel who where very kind and aware of the guests.

Nice people. Clean rooms.

Amazing place to be. Very freindly staff and the atmosphere is amazing. Rooms are very clean and the bed actually very comfortable, just like in a hotel bed. Deff... going back.

Great place to stay, the guy who checked me in was just awesome, he gave me a free welcome drink. Location is awesome and it is a safe and very clean place.

Security, location (Kreuzberg) and cleanliness were perfect without doubt. But the atmosphere and staff were not as amazing as the description. The breakfast was very average, too expensive for 6 euro in my opinion. The bathroom is quite far away from the room I was staying. Showers are really good! It's always clean and with warm water! It's really pleasant for a tried traveller.

One of the best hostel I have ever been, facilities are awesome, rooms are big and with confortable beds, bathrooms are also big and clean, the lounge area and the bar are very nice and with a very good atmosphere to meet people, the staff is very friendly and helpful. It is not in the city center but not far either, anyway there are lot of transport options just a few minutes walk.

This hostel is by far the best I've ever seen. The staff was amazing going out of their way to help you. I felt like in a big hotel but for the price of a cheap hostel. Would totally recommand this place!

Best hostel I've been in my life. Period. Their strength: Incredible customer service! And everything else is good as well. I definitely recommend anyone wanting to discover Berlin to book this hostel! You will not regret it. They deserve every single prize the hostel has won throughout the years.

• 11th Dec 2014

Nice building and rooms. Staff was nice and helpful. BUT IR Sensors at showers were pretty annoying and there was not much space to put your things while having your shower. Still a recommendation to stay there.