Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

The environment is okay, there's not really a common area to meet people just the bar or the tables near the reception. There are no lockers in the room so I couldn't lock my things up. There were only 4 plugs in my room of 6 beds. Fairly clean and key card access, which is nice! About 1 km from the main train station I walked there in about 10 mins. Overall it's was an okay experience.

This is the best hostel. The location could have been better, but everything else was excellent

• 25th May 2015

Fun bar at the ground floor that serves as a great area to meet fellow travelers as well as an awesome rendezvous point for going out on the town. Conveniently located right next to the metro system and within walking distance of many restaurants. Friendly staff and a nice little outdoor area.

Pretty decent hostel. Location is nice and it's right next to the metro. I felt safe in the area. The showers are a little cramped but the water pressure and heat is nice. I did get moved a room, which was annoying but things happen. I was a little irritated to find out that nobody took the bed I had moved from on the night I had to move. Atmosphere was ok. Hostel staff were more like hotel staff, so while they are friendly, it's not the intimate hostel experience you might expect.

Clean comfortable beds with nice showers. Located near the metro makes it even better. An enjoyable stay.

Great bar, very helpful staff. Quite centrally located.

• 24th May 2015

Great hostel with a really friendly crowd. Not too much going on close to the hostel but it's pretty easy to get to any of the major places from here. Beds and rooms were spacious and the facilities were quite clean.

Great location, staff, and atmosphere! Just wished the wifi would work on the second floor...

It was great

Great hostel. Very friendly staff. Excellent stay overall. Highly recommend it.

Who has two thumbs and holds them up for this place? Me. Amazing old building with high ceilings and big rooms. Clean and neat and peaceful upstairs, with never a dull moment in the livingroom/bar downstairs. There's not a single thing to complain about. I reached late in the night and was welcomed with a free beer. The staff was always more than cool and made me feel at home instantly. The breakfast is pretty awesome.

Grand Berlin rocks. It's literally right off of the underground (just turn right) and a pleasant place to stay. One thing to note is it's not exactly in the middle of the touristy Berlin attractions - it's probably 6 stops on the U away from the bigger areas, but it's also a super easy and nice walk that takes 15 minutes. The staff was incredibly helpful, rooms super clean, lots of sightseeing advice, and a cool bar/hangout space in the lobby. Join the pubcrawl with the other hostels!

This is by far the best hostel we stayed at. The beds and bedding were top notch: no bunk beds and all of the beds in our room had 2 pillows. Lights and power outlets by every bed. Huge lockers in the room. Nicest facility we stayed in. Staff were excellent as well, giving excellent advice on how to stay. We were able to rent bike from the hostel which was convenient. Breakfast was an extra charge but was a great value for the money. And the hostel bar is cozy with a great selection. Top notch.

It has all those good ratings for a reason! the staff is super nice and helpful to get you around the city. Breakfast is a good choice because the place is right next to the hostel and is nicely decorated with good fresh food. If you don't want breakfast it's cool too because there are a few bakeries around the corner. the location is awesome, only 5 minute walk from the hostel and I never feel unsafe walking around at night because there's nightlife around there.

I was in Berlin for four nights and I enjoyed my stay here. It's very close to the U bahn so getting around is easy as well. The sheer size of the room was amazing. Yet despite having plenty of space, the bar is an excellent place to meet people! Perfect amalgamation between a hostel and a hotel. I would definitely suggest picking this hostel in Berlin. Don't miss Curry 36 and shawarma store next to it!

The Grand Hostel Berlin was a great experience! Friendly staff and nice rooms!

Beautiful hostel, and by far the cleanest we've been at yet on our journeys! A very relaxing, serene getaway - not a loud party hostel, which was perfect. A bit of a walk from the sights, but not too bad. Only issue we had was that staff had written us in for the wrong night - but they fixed it for us without too much of a wait, and gave a welcome beer to make up for it :) All in all, a great spot to relax and get a good nights sleep!

I loved how friendly the staff were. They took the time to mark important sites to see while in the city and best options to travel. They were even kind enough to provide dinner from their restaurant because the weather was terrible outside for free. Must try Curry 36 just a few streets from the hostel and it was the BEST curry wurst I tried in Germany!!!

Very clean, quiet, relaxing, comfortable beds, friendly staff, super close to a u-Bahn station- literally can't think of anything to improve on.

Nice stay in the hostel, although next time I will probably opt for a private room because there were just too many people in the room that I had for the weekend. Staff was friendly and helpful. The check-in process was nice because you get a free drink upon arrival, and you can store your luggage in their storage room, which made things a lot easier as I was waiting for my room to be finished.