Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Stayed here for 3 nights(Friday-Sunday) whilst Inter-Railing through Europe with my girlfriend. We booked the private double room with shared bathroom. We found the hotel to be clean, safe and secure and the staff very friendly. Has great links to the S and U Bahns. We thorougly enjoyed our time in Berlin and this hostel had a large part to play in us doing so. I would recommend this hostel for both travelling couples and large groups of friends, has a great cheap bar too!!!

This hostel made me feel comfortable at once: I was offered a beverage of my choice upon arrival, offered free WiFi and was happy to wait in a classy library styled lounge. The rooms have a ritzy hotel feel to them that made me want to stay indoors all day and read instead of staying out all day. I was always happy to return to this hostel. I'm pretty impressed and will come back for sure.

Hi, thank you so much for your comment on us! good to hear that you liked your stay ;-) come back and the beverage on arrival will be waiting for your! see you soon! Your Grand Hostel Team!

Only stayed for one night but the room was very comfortable and clean. The room could have done with some colour but that is just a suggestion not a complaint. The staff were great! Very friendly, especially a very charming man on the bar who suggested some places for us to visit in Berlin. The hostel also had some beautiful lillies in the reception area, which was a really nice touch. I would stay here again.

Great hostel, pity about the loud snorer in our room though! Its excellent how staff sit down with you upon checkin with a map and tell you where everything is :) very helpful

Hey, sorry to hear about the snorer in your room! ... sadly we have no influence on that ;-) but still thanks for your review and great that your liked our place! see you soon again, next time without the snorer ;)

Very nice hostel. Much more like a hotel. They had events, but the place didn't seem super social as a whole. Location is a bit out of the way from central areas (Mitte, Kreuzberg, etc.) but it's nice and quiet with easy access to the metro.

Hey, Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear that you were not so happy about the location. Actually Berlin is a huge city and we are 10 minutes walking distance from the central part. But still great that you enjoyed your stay! ;) Your Grand Hostel Team

I am highly grateful for the wonderful time I have spent in Berlin at Grand Hostel! Great Staff, very kind, respectful, skilful! I felt very welcome like at home! Danke Schön! Sure, I will be back!

Best layover ever!. Grand for sure...High style and ceilings in a beautifully well preserved pre WWI heritage building. The staff are gracious and knowledgeable. Jerome, Christian and Daniel man the city insiders infos, events, bike tours and club outings that start at the onsite library and bar. U1 and U7 are a 2 min walk. Beds super comfy, new w quality linens always immaculate. Highly advised when coming to Berlin! Ask for the metro and underground all day discount pass. A must stay destinati

Hey thank you so much for your great words! Makes us very happy to hear that! Come back as soon and visit us again! Christian and Jerome say hi too! Regards Daniel- Guest relations!

Great security and staff were wonderful and happy to help. Little far away from the centre of Berlin, but perfect for when we went for May Day as it was on the U1 line. Not much of a communal area though so the atmosphere felt more like a hotel than a hostel.

Hi, thanks for your review. Good to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay! See you around! Your Grand Hostel Team

The best hostel I evere stayed in. Great location, great and helpful staff. Everything perfect.

I'm 32 and went to Berlin on my own for a couple days. This hostel helped make it a great trip. It was very easy to get to since two metro stations were a block or so away. The neighborhood seemed very safe and there were key pad entries at the front door, each floor and my room. The staff was super helpful and the hostel also organized activities. There were friendly people there from all over and most were in their mid-twenties. They have their own bar.* Clean* Multiple Bathrooms* Great Value*

• 25th Apr 2014

The informations we got about the city (where to go out, eat, etc.) were not very helpful

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Hi, sorry that we were not able to convince you with the information we gave you. We always try to make every guest happy but different people have different expectations.. greetings from Berlin. Daniel - guest relations

It was my first time in a hostel, and I loved it! I stayed in a 5-bed shared bedroom, which was very good to get to know people. There was a nice atmosphere, the living room was very cozy and there I met a lot of people whom I hung out with. I had the best time!

• 20th Apr 2014

Thank you so much! we always appreciate nice words from our guests. Take care and lots of love from sunny Berlin

Only stayed one night so can't say too much about the place but the bed was comfortable and the hostel was clean. The staff were friendly too.

Extremely knowledgeable and personable staff including housekeeping. Great location by metro and about 15 min walk to the major sites. Breakfast purchase @ $6E was value for money. Daniel conducts the bike tour and is excellent. I only wish it was offered more than once a wk.

The staff was very very friendly and welcoming as well as all of the other hostel goers! Would love to come back again!

Good to hear.. so see you some day back in Berlin.. be safe and good travels. Daniel - guest relations

Great location, friendly staff. It was nice to have a welcome drink and water in our room when we arrived. The staff were very good at suggesting places to go. Breakfast was good value. It was very clean and overall was a great experience! Would recommend this hostel!

Hi, thank you for your superb review... Good to know that you had a good time and we hope to welcome you back soon! Be safe and have great travels. Daniel - guest relations

The hostel was excelente. I booked a room just for two and it was like staying in a hotel. Clean, spacious, comfy, you dont hear the nois from the outside and they even left a bottle of water and some candies for us. The location is ok. Really close to the metro station and no far from the main atractions. Staff was awsome. I really recomended it.

Hi, thank you for your great comment on us and come back soon! The welcome drinks and the candies are already waiting for you ;) Take care and be safe. Daniel - guest relations

The best hostel I have ever stayed at! For more or less the same price as any hostel in a big city, you get a much nicer experience. Welcome drinks, an elaborate introduction to the city map and its distinct areas, comfortable beds, clean white sheets, well-maintained rooms/hallways/bathrooms, and of course really great reception area and bar/library. I highly recommend Grand Hostel Berlin!! Would absolutely stay there again.

Hi, great, thank you! ;) good that you have good memories about our place ans us. Hope you are coming back one day! be safe and enjoy live! hugs from Berlin - Daniel - guest relations

We had no problems with security or cleanliness- all of this was great for the price! The people at the front desk were welcoming and helpful and the atmosphere in the front lobby is great. There's a nice little library bar where you can hangout and have a drink. There are tons of activities going on every day that the hostel guides and gives discounted prices. There is wi-fi throughout the whole building and everything felt clean, nice and safe. Location 15 min walk from center nice area.

Hi, good to hear that liked it so much. Next time you hang out in our great bar the first beer is on me. Be safe and visit us soon! Daniel - guest relations

It was honestly the most beautiful hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 14th Apr 2014

Hey, good to hear that! we try our best to make your stay as comfortable and chill as possible.. Good to hear that you had lots of fun! Take care and see you soon perhaps. Daniel - guest relations