Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

We had no problems with security or cleanliness- all of this was great for the price! The people at the front desk were welcoming and helpful and the atmosphere in the front lobby is great. There's a nice little library bar where you can hangout and have a drink. There are tons of activities going on every day that the hostel guides and gives discounted prices. There is wi-fi throughout the whole building and everything felt clean, nice and safe. Location 15 min walk from center nice area.

Hi, good to hear that liked it so much. Next time you hang out in our great bar the first beer is on me. Be safe and visit us soon! Daniel - guest relations

It was honestly the most beautiful hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 14th Apr 2014

Hey, good to hear that! we try our best to make your stay as comfortable and chill as possible.. Good to hear that you had lots of fun! Take care and see you soon perhaps. Daniel - guest relations

Grand Hostel Berlin had fantastic, clean facilities, and most importantly, very welcoming and friendly staff. This was a great hostel, and I would definitely stay again.

Thanks! good to hear... take care and safe travels ! Daniel - guest relations

Grand Hostel Berlin should be named "Grand Hotel Berlin" and I don't necessarily mean that in a good way. Firstly, this hostel is nice - when you walk in it's decorated nicely and the bedrooms are pretty sweet too, but you how hotels charge you a lot for everything? That's how this place felt. Breakfast was 7 euros (ouch!) You can't even bring your own food here because they don't have plates and even asking for water was awkward. This place is ok but I wouldn't recommend it.

Staff are helpful only to a certain extend. Expected staff to help out more to our enquiries due to the number to awards received by the hostel.

It definitely deserves the name, it's pretty grand :D Loved the common room/reception area, really homely. The staff were more than helpful were offered a drink upon arrival which is always nice and refreshing after a long day of travel! They rent out bikes and have lots of cool activities so definitely a very social hostel. The rooms (6 bed dorm) are very spacious with plenty of room for everyone, no bunks which I prefer! Definitely stay here!!!

This hostel was really good and very comfortable. Staff were very informative, helpful, and fun. Atmosphere of this hostel is more chill and laid back. Beds were very comfortable as they were more "real" beds as opposed to bunk beds. Sheets were actual comforters which was a big plus. Location was very central to all the stuff to go and do. If i came to Berlin again, i would definitely stay here. Easy choice.

• 12th Apr 2014

The hostel was very nice and clean, almost like a hotel! The bathrooms were very clean and the beds were super comfortable. Only thing I'd complain about was that there wasn't the normal common room for people to just chill, there was just the bar area. Made it a little more difficult to meet new people. The location isn't super central, but it's right next to a metro station so you're easily able to get into the city that way. Great stay!

Great location, friendly staff who lets you know immediately on where are the must-visits of Berlin, clean and in general an awesome hostel for it's price. But do take note of the city tax (which probably applies to all hotels/hostels in Berlin) when making your reservation. Also, great that the hostel offers a discounted travel card, 5.50 Euro for a day pass that lets you travel on all public transport in Berlin. Highly recommend this place! I

Very quiet, not a lot of mingling. I thought it was weird that my dorm had 5 beds but only 4 wardrobes so the first 2 days I couldn't lock up my luggage or hang anything until one of the other travelers left.

Excellent hostel with German character and style. All the best qualities of Berlin in one place. Well priced, comfortable and with elegence and smart style and a clear focun on the best qualities of living well. Excellent breakfast facilities next door at the same high caliber of quality and authentic German cuisine. Relax and be yourself and be sure to see the best of Berliln. Christian and Daniel are sure to inform you of the best places to see and visit and can get you going on a bar run or t

The Wi-Fi doesn't work properly.

Great place! the girl at the reception was wonderful...A great welcome coffee,smile and was really willing to go the extra mile. Thank you!@

We stayed 1 night in the ground floor in a shared room for 4 people and 1 night in the third floor private with private bath. in the ground floor room the windows had some grid. it was not a good feeling to stay in a room with grided windows. and the shower was gender mixed. So my girlfriend had to use the bath for the handycamped people. That bath was so so comfortable. In the second night ther room was perfect, but it was behinde the public toilet. Sadly you could hear every noice.

• 5th Apr 2014

Hi, i am sorry to hear that we were not able to make your stay completely perfect. Only in the ground floor we have mixed showers, but the restrooms are not mixed at all. In floor one, two and three we have all facilities separated. Next time you might asked for a room or floor change and we are happy to help you with that. All the best and safe travels. Daniel - Guest relations

Had a really nice stay at the Grand Hostel which lives up to its name! Amazing staff, already ready to offer tips to make your stay better! Would definitely stay here again when I visit Berlin :)

Be careful, there is no kitchen (but it's written on the webpage).

We stayed in the private appt. I don't recommend it for 2 reasons: 1. Lugging your luggage up 5 flights of stairs. 2. For 2 people be got a hotel for 30€ the next day instead which is miles closer to the city and much cheaper. The hostel itself was nice and the breakfast that you pay for was also great. The hostel location is poor compared to heap hotels. There isn't much around it and it's not good walking distance to anything.

• 29th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand

It's a great hostel! The moment I arrived they gave me a city map and told me about what's interesting in the city. The only thing that worries me a little bit is that the dorm rooms are secured by a password that still is functional when you leave. That means that someone that have checked out still have access to the room.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »