Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

First class hostel.

Beautiful building with nice rooms. It was great not to have bunk beds. Facilities were clean. Location was okay once you figure out the train system. Very fun bar with awesome staff! The Friday night bar crawl they do every week was so much fun. Overall it's a really great place to stay.

Grand indeed! Super comfy beds, immaculately clean bathrooms and showers, fun bar and nice library reading area too. A high profile property, with excellent staff and super safe area thats less than a minute walk to U7 and U1 train stations, that goes directly to the club scene without the masses of peeps, getting sick under your hostel window at 3am...close yet a few stops far enough to be gracious. Been down to berlin from denmark so many times and this is perhapst the best hostel ever!

We liked a lot the hostel, totally recomendable,

Great hostel! Lots of fun staff, clean rooms and a brilliant bar! Staff were always happy to help, made our trip to Berlin better than expected!

Overall a good experience throughout several nights but with two glaring flaws: - The wifi was terrible; after four or five users joined, disconnects were frequent. I couldn't get much work done and had to find wifi elsewhere very often. The staff was apologetic but basically said "Yeah, it happens" with nothing further. - Half the private rooms are exposed to the noisy bar & common room with no sound-canceling door the rest of the privates have. Poor sleep, I recommend the dorms instead

The Hostel is almost perfect. I had really nice moments during my stay. The staff was so close and helped us with everything. I would repeat 100%

• 25th Apr 2015
  • Noriak
  • Spain

This is one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff was awesome and super helpful. My flight left from Berlin at 5 a.m. on Monday morning, so I didn't bother with a hostel my last night. I planned on staying at the airport, but the guy at the front desk allowed me to hang out in the lounge and even offered to wake me up if I had dozed off before it was time to leave! I can't imagine that happening at many places!

Nicest hostel I've ever stayed in! Super friendly staff, we were greeted and offered a beverage then given a map and a little overview of what there is in Berlin and where restaurants and bars are. Room was clean and beds were comfy! If I come back to Berlin I'd definitely stay here

Good hostel, a plug for every bed, good internet, love the lockers. Enjoyed my stay! However, in our four-bed dorm, it happened twice that two separate people snuck someone extra in for the night. Not cool - part of the reason I couldn't give a perfect score for security.

I'd stayed here before and loved it. But this time I awoke two mornings out of three to find an extra person in the room. Picking up people in bars and bringing them back to the room is uncool. They could be thieves or worse.

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Grand Hostel Berlin. Many thanks to the extremely friendly staff who were willing to help 24/7. Loved being able to meet other travelers in the library/bar area, and they also had a great, money AND time saving deal to get public transportation passes! I'm already planning a trip back to Berlin and I will definitely be staying here again.

• 18th Apr 2015

Very good hostel, excellent value for money. The staff were superb and we received a very warm welcome.

• 17th Apr 2015

The hostel was the best I have stayed in. Very big, clean with great facilities and a good atmosphere. On check in, we got a free beer from the bar, and the staff were continually helpful and lovely (especially Adan) thanks for a great stay!

• 17th Apr 2015

The place is ok, bathrooms are awful no privacy on the showers whatsoever ... Full of party monkeys making noise in the halls

The Grand Hostel Berlin is a great place to stay during your time in Berlin. The staff are very helpful in recommending great places to see and eat at as well as provide advice on how to get around the city easily and in the fastest possible way. I definitely would stay here again if visiting Berlin in the future!

• 14th Apr 2015

Very good atmosphere, great facilities. Unfortunately our room was quite close to the bar which was extremely loud - we had a 6am flight which made this more unbearable. They do provide earplugs but a dozen drunk Frenchman can cut through them with ease! Overall great hostel, location is brilliant, staff are great. Facilities and room feel More like a hotel.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Thought it was a great environment, staff was very friendly and helpful. Definitely knowledgeable about the area.

• 11th Apr 2015

This was a fantastic hostel. The receptionists were very kind and helpful, the rooms were clean and big (no bunk beds was an added bonus) and everything was really comfy. My only complaint was the showers were difficult to change in but otherwise a perfect stay. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Berlin.

Nice hostel, clean and efficient. We enjoyed our stay.