Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Hostel was great. A little difficult to spot at the begining. But once you see it you got it. I walked to most of the attractions near by. Takes around 30-40 mins. Hostels good as well. Enjoyed it. No double decker beds.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

We enjoyed our stay, the staff were exceptionally friendly and very helpful

Really friendly staff. Really enjoyed our stay here. The location means you gotta train it everywhere but subway system is easy to use in berlin.

• 30th Dec 2014

best ever

• 29th Dec 2014

I stayed many times in this hostel because I come often to Berlin. It is one of the best in town : spacious rooms, a nice lounge bar where you can meet people or just hang there like in your own living room, great staff and good deals like the breakfast and the day pass for public transport. I will definitely stay there again next time!

Had a great time here. Because of the size you are able to meet a lot of people but also lack a super personal experience. Super clean and super friendly. Loved it

Staff is nice but they seems too busy though, guess all hostle like that's. Asian people likes to drink warm water, if there is kettle available so we could boil water then it will be great.

The staff was great. They had s lot of small fees: towels, locks that other hostels I've stayed out do not. But I understand why. The door to the second floor wouldn't close so it was one less door between my bags and a thief but I wasn't worried. Overall it was one of the best I've stayed in.

The amazing thing is that there was one guy I have seen settling everything for us! Well, even so he worked like a team! He was smiley and friendly. He gave us decent breakfast especially for the budget. The down side is that the toilet was a little bit smelly... the kind of smell when you have wet rug for long time and it starts to smell. Also, I was in 3 beds private room with 2 fellas. And one of the beds was too close to the toilet. Better to Gove it more distance ;)

Great hostel! Had a wonderful stay in Berlin because of it:D

Sometimes it is dangerous if a female is arranged in a mixed room with all the other males.

• 24th Dec 2014
  • China

One of the best hostel in Berlin : great staff, spacious, clean and comfortable rooms, a very nice lounge bar where you can meet people or just feel like in your own living room. I've stayed there many times because I come regularly in Berlin ( my favourite city:) and I will definitely stay there again!

overly complicated WiFi System that doesnt seem to work well with Linux systems but otherwise everything was great.

• 21st Dec 2014

Great hostel, only complaints are it could be closer to the center, but it wasn't an issue in the end.

Lovely hostel in all, and a special mention to all the staff - at the reception and at the bar. Thank you

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. To start off the shower didn't drain one bit aka after 1 min u were standing in several inches of water and who know what. That was only the start of a very bad night. I picked a 7 person room, I am a girl traveling all alone. I did not expect to be put in a room with a group of 6 guys who had all booked together. They turned out to be worst people you would ever want to stay with and the staff did nothing about it, even after I asked them to.

• 18th Dec 2014

Very helpful staff. Good common room to meet people staying at the hostel. Good wifi. Clean. Right next to u bahn station. Overall very good and would stay there again.

Great hostel - believe the hype. No problems - except the showers are a little small and lack privacy.

Great very home-alike mood. Has the facilities to meet people and to be comfortable while leaving space for everybody. Special thanks to the personel who where very kind and aware of the guests.

Nice people. Clean rooms.