Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

I'm 32 and went to Berlin on my own for a couple days. This hostel helped make it a great trip. It was very easy to get to since two metro stations were a block or so away. The neighborhood seemed very safe and there were key pad entries at the front door, each floor and my room. The staff was super helpful and the hostel also organized activities. There were friendly people there from all over and most were in their mid-twenties. They have their own bar.* Clean* Multiple Bathrooms* Great Value*

• 25th Apr 2014

The informations we got about the city (where to go out, eat, etc.) were not very helpful

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Switzerland

Hi, sorry that we were not able to convince you with the information we gave you. We always try to make every guest happy but different people have different expectations.. greetings from Berlin. Daniel - guest relations

It was my first time in a hostel, and I loved it! I stayed in a 5-bed shared bedroom, which was very good to get to know people. There was a nice atmosphere, the living room was very cozy and there I met a lot of people whom I hung out with. I had the best time!

• 20th Apr 2014

Thank you so much! we always appreciate nice words from our guests. Take care and lots of love from sunny Berlin

Only stayed one night so can't say too much about the place but the bed was comfortable and the hostel was clean. The staff were friendly too.

Extremely knowledgeable and personable staff including housekeeping. Great location by metro and about 15 min walk to the major sites. Breakfast purchase @ $6E was value for money. Daniel conducts the bike tour and is excellent. I only wish it was offered more than once a wk.

The staff was very very friendly and welcoming as well as all of the other hostel goers! Would love to come back again!

Good to hear.. so see you some day back in Berlin.. be safe and good travels. Daniel - guest relations

Great location, friendly staff. It was nice to have a welcome drink and water in our room when we arrived. The staff were very good at suggesting places to go. Breakfast was good value. It was very clean and overall was a great experience! Would recommend this hostel!

Hi, thank you for your superb review... Good to know that you had a good time and we hope to welcome you back soon! Be safe and have great travels. Daniel - guest relations

The hostel was excelente. I booked a room just for two and it was like staying in a hotel. Clean, spacious, comfy, you dont hear the nois from the outside and they even left a bottle of water and some candies for us. The location is ok. Really close to the metro station and no far from the main atractions. Staff was awsome. I really recomended it.

Hi, thank you for your great comment on us and come back soon! The welcome drinks and the candies are already waiting for you ;) Take care and be safe. Daniel - guest relations

The best hostel I have ever stayed at! For more or less the same price as any hostel in a big city, you get a much nicer experience. Welcome drinks, an elaborate introduction to the city map and its distinct areas, comfortable beds, clean white sheets, well-maintained rooms/hallways/bathrooms, and of course really great reception area and bar/library. I highly recommend Grand Hostel Berlin!! Would absolutely stay there again.

Hi, great, thank you! ;) good that you have good memories about our place ans us. Hope you are coming back one day! be safe and enjoy live! hugs from Berlin - Daniel - guest relations

We had no problems with security or cleanliness- all of this was great for the price! The people at the front desk were welcoming and helpful and the atmosphere in the front lobby is great. There's a nice little library bar where you can hangout and have a drink. There are tons of activities going on every day that the hostel guides and gives discounted prices. There is wi-fi throughout the whole building and everything felt clean, nice and safe. Location 15 min walk from center nice area.

Hi, good to hear that liked it so much. Next time you hang out in our great bar the first beer is on me. Be safe and visit us soon! Daniel - guest relations

It was honestly the most beautiful hostel I've ever stayed in.

• 14th Apr 2014

Hey, good to hear that! we try our best to make your stay as comfortable and chill as possible.. Good to hear that you had lots of fun! Take care and see you soon perhaps. Daniel - guest relations

Grand Hostel Berlin had fantastic, clean facilities, and most importantly, very welcoming and friendly staff. This was a great hostel, and I would definitely stay again.

Thanks! good to hear... take care and safe travels ! Daniel - guest relations

Grand Hostel Berlin should be named "Grand Hotel Berlin" and I don't necessarily mean that in a good way. Firstly, this hostel is nice - when you walk in it's decorated nicely and the bedrooms are pretty sweet too, but you how hotels charge you a lot for everything? That's how this place felt. Breakfast was 7 euros (ouch!) You can't even bring your own food here because they don't have plates and even asking for water was awkward. This place is ok but I wouldn't recommend it.

Staff are helpful only to a certain extend. Expected staff to help out more to our enquiries due to the number to awards received by the hostel.

It definitely deserves the name, it's pretty grand :D Loved the common room/reception area, really homely. The staff were more than helpful were offered a drink upon arrival which is always nice and refreshing after a long day of travel! They rent out bikes and have lots of cool activities so definitely a very social hostel. The rooms (6 bed dorm) are very spacious with plenty of room for everyone, no bunks which I prefer! Definitely stay here!!!

This hostel was really good and very comfortable. Staff were very informative, helpful, and fun. Atmosphere of this hostel is more chill and laid back. Beds were very comfortable as they were more "real" beds as opposed to bunk beds. Sheets were actual comforters which was a big plus. Location was very central to all the stuff to go and do. If i came to Berlin again, i would definitely stay here. Easy choice.

• 12th Apr 2014

The hostel was very nice and clean, almost like a hotel! The bathrooms were very clean and the beds were super comfortable. Only thing I'd complain about was that there wasn't the normal common room for people to just chill, there was just the bar area. Made it a little more difficult to meet new people. The location isn't super central, but it's right next to a metro station so you're easily able to get into the city that way. Great stay!

Great location, friendly staff who lets you know immediately on where are the must-visits of Berlin, clean and in general an awesome hostel for it's price. But do take note of the city tax (which probably applies to all hotels/hostels in Berlin) when making your reservation. Also, great that the hostel offers a discounted travel card, 5.50 Euro for a day pass that lets you travel on all public transport in Berlin. Highly recommend this place! I

Very quiet, not a lot of mingling. I thought it was weird that my dorm had 5 beds but only 4 wardrobes so the first 2 days I couldn't lock up my luggage or hang anything until one of the other travelers left.

Excellent hostel with German character and style. All the best qualities of Berlin in one place. Well priced, comfortable and with elegence and smart style and a clear focun on the best qualities of living well. Excellent breakfast facilities next door at the same high caliber of quality and authentic German cuisine. Relax and be yourself and be sure to see the best of Berliln. Christian and Daniel are sure to inform you of the best places to see and visit and can get you going on a bar run or t