Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Had a great time in berlin; staff were really friendly and would stay again!

We are alway ready to host you Cathal. Thank you so much

Had a great time here. A bus trip and walk from the main Berlin train station. Lots of stairs! Rooms have no bunks which is nice. And contain lockers. A pub crawl helped connect travellers, and they supplied free booze for us as we were mingling before leaving. Their own bar downstairs is awesome, as is the free drink with the checkin. Staff were helpful. Lots of restaurants around the area to explore, and close to train stations that will help explore Berlin.

Nice hostel, the staff are friendly, welcoming, warm and helpful. After a welcome drink, they showed us what to visit in Berlin. TheThe rooms, showers and bathroom are clean. When I'll come back to berlin, I'll go there definitely!

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Hello Nassim, thank you for this 100% review. Wouw ;-) You are always welcome to Grand Hostel Berlin. We are glad to host you.

Loved our stay can't wait for the extra time were there!

Thank you Cathal. This is a motivation for us.

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three nights, and it was a brilliant place to stay. The location is great - right beside a tram station (but the area around it was not at allall rough or sketchy the way you might expect), the staff are lovely (especially Anna) and the German lessons offered once a week are a nice touch. Our room was a private ensuite with a bath, which was a nice surprise for an hostel. We'd definitely stay here again.

Hey Louise, hopefully you had a save trip back to home. It´s a pleasure for us to host you again. Take care and warm regards!

Only issue is not clearly stated that is copulsary to get bed lining from hostel.

Hi Piotr, we wanna make sure, that our comfy beds are always in the cleanest standard. Thats the reason why we put fresh sheets on the beds for everybody. Lots of greetings to Poland.

The Grand Hostel Berlin was easily one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in in Europe. It is a smaller hostel but has a great atmosphere. The staff is very friendly and the library bar is a great place where you can meet all the other guests. They offer anything a traveler may need while in Berlin. The facilitates are always very clean and the rooms are never have too many people. Overall this is an amazing hostel and I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Berlin.

Woof, what should we say? Thank you so much Samantha.

A part from room mates barging in loudly an switching on lights at 3:30 am (not hostel's responsibility, maybe only guest's bad manners) it was perfect!

• 7th Nov 2015

Hey Alessio, thank you for this review. Sorry about this trouble with your room mates. We like to create a friendly atmosphere at Grand Hostel. But anyway sometimes after a long Berlin Party-Night (...). Hopefully this issue was not to bad. Would be nice to see you again on your next visit in Berlin. Take care about you and always save travels.

It was not planned to stay there, but just happened to find a bed. Nice atmosphere, great rooms in a great house! The staff was funny and very helpful. Thanks!

Hey Katharina, schön, dass Du bei uns warst. Wir freuen uns schon auf nächste mal!

The hostel is well located near a U Bahn station, and a walkable distance from the city centre. The hostel dorm rooms are large and clean, nice to not have bunks. The showers weren't as private as they could be, and itwould be nice to have some sort of kitchen space, but other than that everything was great! Would recommend!

Hello Hanna, thank you for your recommendation. If you stay with us next time use the privat single shower in the first floor. Would be nice to host you again. Warm regards!

Cleanest hostel I've stayed at, and the location is excellent! Comfy beds and large rooms too. My complaint is that they nickle and dime you when possible. I had to do my laundry and was told that it was 7.50 euro -- fine. There is no public laundry room... the staff does it for you & claims it takes "4 hrs"... but it still wasn't done. Then heard the unfriendly lady staff walk down the hallway after to probably put it in the dryer after forgetting. Charge you to print anything too. Lame.

Hey Kiera, we are really sorry about the problems with your laundry. We try to get faster in the future ;-). Hopefully you enjoyed your stay. Warm regards.....

My favortite hostel by far. The atmosphere is great, the rooms are great. I'm a guy so for me the showers were fine. It's a bit of a distance from some of the more popular areas but that's what the pub crawl is for :)

Hey Wesley, its easy to do a good job with all this nice guests. Thank you for staying with us.

This was awesome!

We stayed in room 401 which wasn't really a room, but rather a full apartment with a living room and a small kitchen area. That was a very nice surprise, the major downside was that it was up 5 full flights of stairs. When we first arrived we had someone go through the whole Berlin city map and we received a free drink as well. This hostel is right off of the U-bahn so easy to get to transportation.

• 3rd Nov 2015

Hey Amber, you are totally right: This stairs are heavy. We are not allow to built an elevator in this historical building. But we try to do our best to make you feel - a little bit - like at home. Always save travels and warm regards from Berlin!

Great place. I would definitely stay here again

Hey Oscar, this is a great review. Thank you so much for motivating us.... Take care about you and see you next time in Berlin

Great location just steps away from the UBahn and SBahn. Environment is ok and could be more vivid with more activities for people to socialize. Not a party hostel.

I had a wonderfull expérience !

• 30th Oct 2015

A great hostel really welcoming- I was cautious as with my twelve year old son but it was friendly and felt safe- and nice shared areas My son ( because he is very observant) spotted that our room was designed for three beds but had four ( which was why i didnt have a light/ power sockets like the others) It was no big deal really for me as i could share with him- but could be for other travellers The showers went on automatically but were tricky to turn off- maybe add a sign?

• 29th Oct 2015

This is a great hostel in a good location that's right by a metro stop and is within walking distance of a few great spots. It's EXTREMELY nice inside. It's nicer than a lot of hotels I've stayed in that cost five times as much. They have full size lockers in the rooms that will fit your entire bag and a lot more. The staff are very nice and helpful (especially Anna). However, the atmosphere is definitely on the chill side and I felt like I had to put in work to meet and talk to people there.

Awesome place. Nu bunk beds instead a nice confi single bed and the room was extremely clean. Super friendly stuff that make you feel like home.You don't need to waist your time reading guide books you can ask them anything . The bar of the hostel was super nice great place to socialize. Very well situated and it is closed to the subway so you can get anywhere you want. I will definitely be back. Thanks :)

• 28th Oct 2015