Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Exactly what I needed for my few days in Berlin. The staff are freindly and helpful and the location is fairly central. The rooms are spacious (no bunk beds) and there's a lounge with a bar downstairs that makes it really easy to meet fellow travellers.

• 25th May 2014

Hi, thanks very much for the great review on us. Its our all goal to make you happy. Come back and be safe! Your entire Grand Hostel Berlin Team

The hostel had a very welcoming ambience. The staff made us feel welcome immediately and were helpful and friendly. Love the grand old building. Great stay .

• 25th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

A hotel experience for a hostelprice. The rooms are very clean and have very comfortable beds (no bunkbeds!) as well as a bathroom with shower and bath. The bar downstairs is a very relaxed place: not so busy and good diversity of drinks. Since the bar is the main communal area I expected more people to be chilling there, but was kind of disappointed by the quietness of it. It's not in the city centre, but since Berlins sights are so spread out you'll have to use the metro (very nearby) anyway.

We had a very comfortable stay, the staff was extremely helpful and the rooms and bathrooms were wonderfully clean. The amenities and convenient location, a few blocks from tons of amazing street food, make up for the lacking atmosphere. Regardless, I would definitely stay here again.

Me and 3 more friends backpacked Europe and deffinitely this was the best hostel in our trip. Very close to the subway and a zone of bars and restaurants makes its location just perfect! The staff is very friendly and helpful! They helped us a lot! The facilities were cleaned every day and the breakfast.....this hostel is just perfect!

Hey guys. great to hear that you had such a good time! Hope you come back and we party together again ;) be safe

Excellent staff, great bar facilities and overall brilliant atmosphere!

• 23rd May 2014

The staff is so friendly!!

• 23rd May 2014

Hi, thank your for your nice comment! Hope to see you soon again. Your Grand Hostel Team

Very beautiful, historical hostel. All staff were very friendly. I traveled alone and i'm quite shy, but in that hostel i feel very good, all stuff were very attentive. Bar-library is very cozy, bathroom and WC are very clean and new, room cozy and clean too. Location is very good, around hostel are lots of various café, shops. U2 and U1 metro near, easy to reach tourist places. If i will back to Berlin i will stay there again.

Good hostel. Very clean

No toilet paper, groups of german high school children running around all night.

Stayed here for 3 nights(Friday-Sunday) whilst Inter-Railing through Europe with my girlfriend. We booked the private double room with shared bathroom. We found the hotel to be clean, safe and secure and the staff very friendly. Has great links to the S and U Bahns. We thorougly enjoyed our time in Berlin and this hostel had a large part to play in us doing so. I would recommend this hostel for both travelling couples and large groups of friends, has a great cheap bar too!!!

This hostel made me feel comfortable at once: I was offered a beverage of my choice upon arrival, offered free WiFi and was happy to wait in a classy library styled lounge. The rooms have a ritzy hotel feel to them that made me want to stay indoors all day and read instead of staying out all day. I was always happy to return to this hostel. I'm pretty impressed and will come back for sure.

Hi, thank you so much for your comment on us! good to hear that you liked your stay ;-) come back and the beverage on arrival will be waiting for your! see you soon! Your Grand Hostel Team!

Only stayed for one night but the room was very comfortable and clean. The room could have done with some colour but that is just a suggestion not a complaint. The staff were great! Very friendly, especially a very charming man on the bar who suggested some places for us to visit in Berlin. The hostel also had some beautiful lillies in the reception area, which was a really nice touch. I would stay here again.

Great hostel, pity about the loud snorer in our room though! Its excellent how staff sit down with you upon checkin with a map and tell you where everything is :) very helpful

Hey, sorry to hear about the snorer in your room! ... sadly we have no influence on that ;-) but still thanks for your review and great that your liked our place! see you soon again, next time without the snorer ;)

Very nice hostel. Much more like a hotel. They had events, but the place didn't seem super social as a whole. Location is a bit out of the way from central areas (Mitte, Kreuzberg, etc.) but it's nice and quiet with easy access to the metro.

Hey, Thanks for your review. Sorry to hear that you were not so happy about the location. Actually Berlin is a huge city and we are 10 minutes walking distance from the central part. But still great that you enjoyed your stay! ;) Your Grand Hostel Team

I am highly grateful for the wonderful time I have spent in Berlin at Grand Hostel! Great Staff, very kind, respectful, skilful! I felt very welcome like at home! Danke Schön! Sure, I will be back!

Best layover ever!. Grand for sure...High style and ceilings in a beautifully well preserved pre WWI heritage building. The staff are gracious and knowledgeable. Jerome, Christian and Daniel man the city insiders infos, events, bike tours and club outings that start at the onsite library and bar. U1 and U7 are a 2 min walk. Beds super comfy, new w quality linens always immaculate. Highly advised when coming to Berlin! Ask for the metro and underground all day discount pass. A must stay destinati

Hey thank you so much for your great words! Makes us very happy to hear that! Come back as soon and visit us again! Christian and Jerome say hi too! Regards Daniel- Guest relations!

Great security and staff were wonderful and happy to help. Little far away from the centre of Berlin, but perfect for when we went for May Day as it was on the U1 line. Not much of a communal area though so the atmosphere felt more like a hotel than a hostel.

Hi, thanks for your review. Good to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay! See you around! Your Grand Hostel Team

The best hostel I evere stayed in. Great location, great and helpful staff. Everything perfect.

I'm 32 and went to Berlin on my own for a couple days. This hostel helped make it a great trip. It was very easy to get to since two metro stations were a block or so away. The neighborhood seemed very safe and there were key pad entries at the front door, each floor and my room. The staff was super helpful and the hostel also organized activities. There were friendly people there from all over and most were in their mid-twenties. They have their own bar.* Clean* Multiple Bathrooms* Great Value*

• 25th Apr 2014