Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

I really liked the fact that there were no bunk beds and that we all had singles, even though we were in a dorm room of five. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Although it was a bit of a way from the centre and a bit of a walk from Kreuzberg, it was well connected by public transport. Really couldn't beat it on value for money, comfort and cleanliness!

Wonderful staff!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Japan

Definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed. Perfect location. The staff is amazing friendly and helpful. Everything was organized well. It's very clean and the beds are large and comfy. I loved the fact that they don't have any bunks. Good breakfast with huge selection of food. The tours are very interesting and worth the money. I would recommend the Grand Hostel to everybody i know. I met a lot of nice travellers and made many friends. Definitely a hot spot in Berlin.

• 11th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Hey Thomas, thanks so much for your great comment on us. Next time you come you are invited to a large beer or a cocktail ;) hope to see you in summer ! Take care, Daniel

All the staff were very friendly and very helpful. I had a double bed room booked and got to twins pushed together was not what I was expecting. When I booked I expected to get a double bed not two twins. Breakfast I wouldn't bother with was not the best. I wouldn't have dinner at the hostel either the Greek restaurant called tavern Athena down the road is very good and drinks are cheaper in there to.

Hi, sorry to hear that there been some things you didn't like that much. But we always appreciate the honest words to make things better in the future. Thank you, and i am sure you will give us another shot when you return to Berlin. ;) Take care and safe travels. Daniel - Guest relations

brilliant staff at the hostel very friendly real persons helping out as much as they can in especial Mita and Daniel !

Everything was quite good. Except the check in takes longer time and was told that the room was not ready. Also, one of the male receptionist seems not so patient to answer your question. But overall it worth the money.

Hey, good to hear that you overall liked your stay with us. I apologize if anyone of our staff was not patient enough. Sometimes a lot of things come together and even the nicest people act wrong. Still we hope you enjoyed your days in Berlin and would love to welcome you back soon! Safe travels! Daniel- Guest relations

Probably best hostel around! You will pay more for things than other hostels ( all day train pass is sold for 5.50 versus 4.30 at circus hostel). Breakfast is also a bit pricey- it's a good option if you are a major breakfast eater. Local bakers and shops for me was a better option. Absolutely fantastic staff! Mira and Jerome are extremely helpful and add character to the place! Place is very clean, beds are super comfortable, and the location is in a great neighborhood. Can't wait to return!

The bathroom was smelling really bad. And you have to book the breakfast one day before to save around 2 euros. The breakfast is really good.

Great, comfortable place to stay with an excellent breakfast! The beds are really comfortable as well.

The stuff was very friendly and helpful. We like the look of the building with its high rooms and the confortable dorms with single beds. It was the perfect place to spend one night in Berlin, but staying there longer would have been even more interesting as you pay for your bed linen only once.

Best staff ever! Always helpful, loved it!

Grand Hostel of Berlin certainly lived up to its current reviews. The individual beds were an amazing change of pace as the typical bunk bed set up wasn't used and the sheer size of the place made you gawk in awe. The bathrooms are a little tricky and a bit small; the shower uses a motion detector which is a bit annoying but you get used to it. The staff were my favorite part of the Hostel as each of them are eagerly ready to assist you in anyway and are fun to talk to! Get to know them a bit.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »