Grand Hostel Berlin Reviews

Tempelhofer Ufer 14, Berlin, Germany

Nice hostel, very friendly/helpful staff, good location - my only gripe was that the showers in the unisex bathroom (on the ground floor) offered minimal privacy as the curtains are dodgy meaning that anyone walking in/out of the bathroom can potentially see you getting in/out of the shower.

• 18th Oct 2015

Hostel is in a easy close location to checkpoint Charlie, subway, busses, Etc. Room was clean as well as the joint community showers and bathroom. The bar was really nice and seating seating area was very homely like. Great stay. Highly recommend.

• 18th Oct 2015

Excellent place to stay. Was a little apprehensive about travelling alone (Berlin was my first stop) however staff immediately made me feel at home. Great bar - the hostel seems to attract a more mature and interesting type of traveller - great place to meet like minded types, very good for the solo traveller. Overall 10/10, I'll definitely be backback!

This hostel was great! Awesome staff, nice bar and social area and a real easy location close to the train.

Nice hostel, dorm rooms are great with all beds on the ground floor and it's a nice old building. Staff is friendly but stressed & rushed at busy times. The hostel is comfortable and feels safe though, I'd recommend staying here

Really excellent, I especially liked the free cup of tea on arrival! A very easy place to meet people and socialise.

The most important thing that made me like the hostel has the friendliness of the staff. Thanks a lot. Will be my first choice hostel if I ever com to Berlin again.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Turkey

We enjoyed our stay here. One thing; wished the showers were a bit more private. Nice hostel, nice atmosphere and big rooms. had a bar but we preferred other places to socialise at night as not much room/not many people around

My partner and I absolutely loved our stay at the Grand Hostel Berlin! We got a private room on the top floor, so it was a bit of a hike with our heavy bags, but absolutely worth it. The bed and bath were clean and large. We got directions to a great place nearby for dinner. We even enjoyed a lovely drink in the lobby. Lovely people, lovely place, will definitely be back!

One of the best Hostels I`ve visited so far. Superb staff, great location. Thumbs up!!!

• 4th Oct 2015
  • Austria

Centrally located and everything accessible via the subway which was great. Friendly and helpful staff and clean facilities made the stay a pleasant one Great room mates too made the nights even better

I can't say enough how much I loved Grand Hostel Berlin. It was the most beautiful hostel I've ever stayed in, which made it very relaxing. It was awesome to be able to use my own lock on the BIG lockers and not sleep in a bunk bed! I was so surprised that the dorm was single beds. Lovely :) everything about this place was great, it's the first place I'll recommend in Berlin. At first glance the location doesn't seem awesome but talk to the staff and start walking around. There's so much to do!

• 30th Sep 2015

The staff were exceptionally helpful which was really appreciated

• 28th Sep 2015

Awesome hostel, friendly staff and in a great location.

• 27th Sep 2015

Loved this hostel. Has a lot of charm to it. They split my booking cause of bed availability. Annoying but it worked in my favor. First room I had was bunk style. Normal hostel type room. When I got moved to my second room that was a nice room. Four person room but it was a two floor room. Two beds, not bunks, on each floor with chairs and lockers. It was great.

Sweet hostel! Very clean (they make your bed everyday!), close to underground station and Potsdamer Pl. Staff are very helpful. I arrived before check in was open, but I was welcomed with coffee and was allowed to use the shower and facilities. The breakfast is quite good, but I think you can probably get something cheaper outside. No bunk beds but single bed for everyone in the dorm which was a pretty awesome. Would definitely recommend!

Good hostel: - staff very friendly, cheerful. - premises clean, beds comfy. - location is not central, tough very close to rail transport (2.60euro per ticket). A walk to potszdam is not too far away. - nice apartment, and altough there is a bar downstairs, the sound isolation is fine. The hostel is not small, but still has the atmosphere.

I was visiting Grand Hostel Berlin with a friend of mine. We were treated very friendly by the staff. Moreover, the beautiful room, the comfortable bed and the great hostel bar. Our stay there was really amazing nice and we would like to recommend this place to others. Thanks to Martin for his drinks at the bar and to all of the other guys there. We will definitely come back.

• Turkey

Very clean very cool hostel to stay in. The rooms were comfortable and the staff were excellent and very helpful. The lounge is also very nice. The only thing was its a little far from downtown for walking but only a few minutes away by metro

• 27th Sep 2015

Absolutely fantastic. Definitely stay here!