Grand Hostel Budapest Reviews

Huvosvolgyi ut 69, Budapest, Hungary

We chose this hostel mainly because of the location. We were travelling by car and this hostel had a free private parking available. We met receptionist Gabor on the first day of our arrival. He was very kind and gave us many useful tips (map, advice on the travel in the city) which made our trip much easier. The hostel has a small pub which is a perfect place for the last beer after an exhausting day in Budapest. Room, bathroom and other facilities were very clean and tidy.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

I only stayed a night, but it was good - the hostel has a bar downstairs with a great atmosphere, great to meet people and hang out.

The Hostel itself is quite good. But it's so far from the center. At night it can be hard to comeback to the hostel. The closest supermarket is about 10 minutes walk. The price is good though.

Other reviews I had read said this hostel was a bit further away from the "happening areas" and I agree that is true, but it was also nice and quiet, which I appreciated. I was a solo traveler and wasn't looking for a big party hostel although you have the opportunity to mingle on the patio area with other residents and locals that come to the bar. Other reviews mentioned a free drink upon arrival, which I was not offered so if that isn't being offered anymore I'd update your website.