Grand Hostel Budapest Reviews

Huvosvolgyi ut 69, Budapest, Hungary

I have stayed in hostels of various quality over the globe but Grand Hostel provides an unique experience. The chemical smell (bugspray?) of bedsheets was so horrible that I couldn't sleep. I am definitely not an extremely sensitive type but after each touch of the bedsheets I had to wash my hands to avoid the smell. Even the puke smell in the bathroom was better. I did not even mind the blinking lamp (turned off) over my head whole night. What a horrible experience. Very friendly staff, though.

• 4th Oct 2013
  • Slovakia

The staff was very friendly. I became FB friends with staff member.

Good facilities and outside terrace. Easy to socialise there.

My only two issues were the location, a good thirty minutes from the city Center, and the size of the rooms, which fit two bunks and not much else. But, the staff are really friendly and the bar has a great atmosphere at night, so if you're on a budget but still want good vibes, stay here!

A bit far but their are buses (day & night) to/from the center. Great staff, free serious welcome drink.

Average hostel. Rooms were a bit grubby. Free internet and 24h reception was a plus. Free beer on arrival.

Really great place! The staff are so helpful and friendly, can't recommend it any more!

No kitchen!!! Far away from the city center, near the main street that was getting jammed all the time. Near the hostel no normal prices shop. 3 of 4 people in the hostel staff was helpful and very kind. Very small rooms- practically only for sleeping ( yes I know- hostel but still )