Grand Hostel Budapest

• JakeChoules
  • England, Male, 18-24
11th Aug 2017
3.7

In no way should this hostel have ever been rated 10. There's no lockers in the rooms, insects in the bathrooms, One bathroom didn't even have a lock. In addition, although the staff on the most part were friendly they have a very outdated system for their booking and so almost lost our booking on arrival and demanded we pay a second time when we checked out, having already paid on arrival. Furthermore coming back from a night out we were locked out of the hostel despite there being "no curfew"

9th Aug 2017

great atmosphere and staff, delicious traditional hungarian food was cooked for dinner one night

• Hungary, Male, 25-30
26th Jul 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here. Met lots of nice people, from the owner, to the bar staff and fellow travellers. Staff was friendly and spoke clear english. I arrived after 11pm, check in was made easy. When I arrived, a cookout was ongoing which I was invited to, along with a welcome shot of Palinka! Easy access to public transportation, as bus stops just a 2 minute walk from hostel. (runs all night long!!) Clean rooms, good vibe, nice staff makes this hostel one to return to in the future

• arrighiadrien4325
  • France, Couple, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
11th Jul 2017
4.9

I have no idea why this property is rated 10 on everything. The location is terrible, there is no kitchen, wifi isn't working in the rooms, wich are small, hot and noisy. No atmosphere to speak of. I wouldn't recommend this place, I found it quite expensive for what you get.

We have an outdoor kitchen for the summer, people seem to like it. You should have asked about it. Atmosphere: we cannot party every night, you probably came on a quiet day. The location is perfect for car drivers (free parking) and for those who like to stay close to, but not in the noisy city center.

30th Jun 2017

The best hostel I have ever stayed at.