Grand Hostel Gdansk Reviews

Kolodziejska 2, Gdansk, Gdansk, Poland

Excellent hostel, couldn't be closer to the old town of Gdansk with cosy interior and friendly personnel. We've had an perfect 3 days stay!

• 16th Dec 2014

It's homy and comfortable, and the staff is also friendly. The location is really great as it's close to many sightseeing spots. I accidentally walked by most of them :p The only setback is that there's only 1 toilet (with shower) on the floor I stayed (it accommodates 12 people), but there's 3 shower rooms so taking a shower won't be a problem. I really enjoyed my stay there and recommend backpackers to stay there :)

The hostel is close to the main attractions and you get breakfast...and that's about it. It could be much better, the bathrooms weren't clean. Most disappointing though was the staff. I've changed my reservation the night before arrival because I had to leave early and got an okay via email from the hostel. When I arrived though, they made me pay for two extra nights and weren't friendly at all for the rest of my stay after I complained about it. It would've been better just to not show up there

• 13th Dec 2014

spacious dorm, nice music and friendly staff. their cleaning lady was there everyday so everything was fresh and clean

• 30th Oct 2014

Hostel is very clean, nice and helpful people work there

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Latvia

Really nice dorm, delicious pancakes,, great location

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Austria

Very good staff guided good local restaurants. Close to traditional main street, good restaurants, and supermarkets. Access information should show the name of nearest gate in the main street.

Very thoughtful staff really appreciated this . Like the fact you had to take shoes off, increased cleanliness

Nice place - quirky little place - rooms were decent - bathrooms could have been a bit cleaner. The best part was the kitchen - loot a amenities and nice little sitting room with a computer to use. Excellent location - right in the center among all the main streets!

The Room was very nice and spacy. THe hostel itself and the communal areas are rather small. The staff seems annoyed or not interested at all. The location is superb. Probably the best location in all of Gdansk because its close to the train station but at the same time in the middle of the city centre. Overall i guess its still a good hostel and we would stay there again.

A good hostel if you are looking for privacy. The private rooms are located in a separate location from the front desk and dorms so you are on your own in the apartment, which didn't bother my husband and I. Great view from the hostel window, and very close to shops and restaurants.

The top 6 bed room was very hot despite the air conditioning unit. More toilets would have also been nice. The staff were generally good, but could have been more welcoming when we arrived. There was also an issue with change when we tried to pay.

The rooms were nice with personal outlets and lockers (need to deposit). I actually enjoyed the staff even though previous reviews said unhelpful. The location is excellent being right on the main outdoor market strip and near all Gdansk attractions and only 5-10 from the train

Smile more.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Spain

First of all we din't atay there 4 nights but 1. We have to swatch to some other hotel more expensive. We arrived on the 19th and had a reservation of 3 in a room of 4. The said an error happened and we have to stay in a room of 8 with 2 other. We payed the first night and lefter the net day. The said the downpayment 32 $ goes direct to Hostelworld and the have nothing to do with it. Regards,

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Everything perfect.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Poland

Very good place to stay

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Poland

very nice and clean hostel....

• 27th Jun 2014

Well not the most friendly and informative staff I would say. Cleanliness sadly the biggest issue under shower and toilet but nothing major simple traveller like me could not coop with. Great location for sure just in very buzz of city centre