Grand Hostel Medellin Reviews

Transversal 6 #4570, Patio Bonito Poblado, Medellin, Colombia

Very friendly owner/manager. Convenient location in a safe residential area, near a supermarket and metro station. Hot water in showers. Nice garden area. The 12 bed dorm is in the garage so there's no natural light and the beds aren't that comfy.

Stayed here in a dorm.. The lady that runs this place is super nice and helpfull and we made good friends. Also the family is around the hostel so its really nice. Its not a party hostel! But the family makes a really nice atmosphare. Stay here!!

A wonderful hostel! It felt like I was staying in a friend's home. The woman who runs the hostel is very helpful and looks freakishly like Susan Sarandon. The security for the house was good, but there was no lockers and very casual key system for the rooms. I would have preferred more security for my valuables, but it worked out fine... the hostel is small and works off of a trust system. Just FYI. The pro's definitely outweigh the cons at this delightful hostel.

I have nothing but positive things to say about Grand Hostel Medellin. It feels like home away from home. I recommend it to anyone heading out to Medellin. Will definitely be going back

• 30th Aug 2013

Great location, really really close to the Exito supermarket and metro station. There are a few restaurants nearby as well. The owner is fantastic and always available to help. The rooms were also very clean and the WIFI is awesoooome!

• 31st Jul 2013

The staff is awesome, the other guests were awesome, and even though I only stayed four nights, I felt at home...it was like having a little family in Medellin.