Grand Hotel Central Reviews

Kruiskade 12, Rotterdam, Netherlands

It was not clean. When i push the bed there were blood. So sheet was dirty but they didnt mind to change it because of it was invisible part of the bed . Average.

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Turkey

Bathroom was a bit gross, lots of mould. Was so hot in the rooms because the heaters were turned up so high (is this to stop the mould?) The beds were clean though. It's a hotel as well, so atmosphere would vary a bit. Prime location! Right in the centre, so if that's all you want then it would work. Staff weren't the most helpful, got some wrong information about trains and what not, so it's research yourself in that respect.

People got laptops stolen from their single person rooms, and it seem that the doors are just left open while cleaning personel is gone somewhere. Also you need the door card to acces the stairs to the rooms, but the elevator is without any control/lock. I slept well in the 6 bed dorm room which was nice for the type. (Bunkbeds w curtains, low amount of squeaking). Breakfast (for dorm) costs 7,5 euro, and is good with lots of different items.

Overall hotel is good in a great location and fairly good value. My friend and I paid 70 euros each for a twin room for two nights B&B. The reception looks great and bar too, but once through the face the stair and rooms need a good clean and perhaps a lick of paint. The only real complaint from us was the colour of our feet after walking on our bedroom carpet! BLACK! Definitely needs a good carpet clean!!! Stay here if you want a cheap, easy hotel in a good location, just maybe keep shoes on

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Scotland

Please remove mold in bathroom. One of the receptionist was not helpfull.

• 30th Aug 2015

It took a while to find my booking. There's no lockers on the rooms, and reception could take my backpack with valuables but not taking responsibility of it. A girl worn me about thieves & just that night, somehow, someone opened our door & try to still a girl's backpack from her bed! luckily she woke up & started screaming so the thieve run away. After a while we 5 people decide to lock & block the door & went to sleep just to wake up with police screaming with a light through the window. Crzy

Excellent location - close to many shops, bars and restaurants. Other than that, it was well below par. For the same money, in more expensive cities I've had much better accommodation. It was a case of 'how many beds can we chuck in each room?' The staff were pretty useless too - they couldn't tell me where I might find a 'sports bar' for a game (heaps of them around). Also couldn't help with local tips for things to do - the girl behind the desk shrugged her shoulders.Then told me to google

This is just a hotel that shoved a bunch of beds into some rooms. Don't expect to mingle with travelers its basically to sleep. There arent any lockers. Wifi was good and the breakfast was fantastic.

Card stopped working a few times but the staff were excellent, as for being a hostel it really lacks a good atmosphere and it feels like it's been thrown together. Location is great but it had no chill out area for residents or cooking facilities. Beware of angry German guy with sunglasses in room 106, he will rape you in your sleep if you wake him up or disturb him in any way.

Got a single bedroom. Old, cheap, perfect.