Grand Hotel de Nantes Reviews

2 bis rue santeuil, 44 000, Nantes, France

pretty good location in the centre of the city, very friendly staff - we can really recommend a stay in this hotel!

Pretty good location next to Nantes main shopping district. A hotel, not a hostel. Easy 4 stops on the tram from the train station.

They have a weird system for the keys that dosent feel safe. The staff didnt speak english.

The best hotel ever :)

Nice little place. Very cosy and relaxing rooms. Location is great, quite close to the tram lines and the main train station. Nice neighbourhood, great cafés and restaurants and bars nearby. Only issue was wifi was not working while I was there.

I stayed here in November as I live in Brest, but had to travel to Nantes and it was the only budget hotel that was available in the city centre. I can't really fault it, it provided everything that I needed! Good, central location, not far from the train station, good customer service. The only fault I have is that the instructions for logging into use the WIFI was not made clear at the beginning, but once I asked about it the staff were more than obliging to help!

Your only choice in Nantes is a budget hotel but you can probably do better than this one. The Internet still doesn't work after a month since the last user's review, which makes me think it is intentional. Otherwise, you get what you'd expect from a budget hotel. I'd look elsewhere.

A big disappointment i had was related to the wifi which didn't work and i really needed to use the internet specially for work matters. The hotel staff really tried to help and solve the problem but still the internet problem wasn't fixed. They even offered me to use the computer from the hotel front desk. But i wanted to have my privacy. So, i ended up having to go to other place (cafe-restaurant) to use the wifi. Both my ipad and iphone worked perfecly well at the other places i went.

Nantes is an amazing city and this is a perfect place to stay.

Located in the center of Nantes while very quiet. And there is a lift in it. Nice staff. Room is comparably large. Nice place.

It's a very good place to stay, the only problem is that they just ask you if you want your breakfast or not, but they didn't tell us the price, and it was 8€/person (which was not really far from half the price of the night, so they should warn you). And also the breakfast wasn't worth that money, we didn't even have milk.

The room was nice, clean and in a great location (though there is a fair amount of street noise on Saturday nights from all the bars on the street and in the area). The bed was comfy. I didn't like that the main bathroom door was missing but it wasn't too big of a deal (there still was a door for the toilet and a shower door ) We didn't opt for the breakfast so no a comments there. I would definitely stay here again if I came back to Nantes, it was a great hotel for what we paid!

A decent hotel in price of a hostel. Pay attention to bed's specification, as we mistakenly booked a 3-persons room that turned out to be a 2-beds room (changed on site without a problem for another slightly more expensive room).

Fine hotel for the money, in very good location in centre of Nantes close to all public transport links.

• 15th Sep 2012
  • Couple, 41+

Hotel staff were extremely friendly. The male receptionist took the time to explain the city to us, and its attractions. He also later helped us to search for a train and other hotel for the following night. He was very nice. In the morning, the female receptionist was also very friendly. She allowed me to book the next hotel and print documents on their machines. The rooms themselves were very clean and were perfect to stay in.

• 9th Sep 2012

nice stuff and quite near to the city centre, bathroom is grand and I got a nice view from the window, can have a try.

Brilliant stay, Nantes was just meant to be an overnight stopover but turned out to be a cracking night. Luckily there was a celebration of artists during the time we were there and the receptionist was very helpful in advising areas to visit and of course bars and clubs worth a drink.. plus she was pretty cute :D

• 7th Jul 2012
  • Wales

The breakfast for an extra 7 euro was the only disappointment. Good if you don't have a car as it's walk to everything.

This hotel is in a great location--short tram ride or 10 minute walk from the Gare SNCF--and literally 30 seconds away from La Cigale, Passage Pommeraye and the downtown shopping areas. There are also some great restaurants close by, including Au Coup d'Canon , which is excellent! The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly! Definitely recomment it and would stay there again! The rooms aren't super luxurious, but for the amount of time you spend there, it's perfect and the price is great

• 2nd Dec 2011

We were so surprised by the quality of this property! We highly recommend it.

• 4th Sep 2011