Grand hostel LerO Reviews

Marjanski Put 7, Split, Croatia

Very friendly staff and very accomodating. They fitted us in when we showed up on their doorstep. Easy walk to town too.

• 22nd Jul 2014

I only stayed 1 night here but felt right at home. Lero the owner is a young guy with great humour. I was welcomed with a slice of watermelon upon arrival! The beds and rooms feel new, dining room is friendly, lockers in bedroom or in the hall available. There were only 2 bathrooms on my level which maybe seemed too little. The walk to the hostel is a little up hill and slightly out of town, but it only takes 10mins to get into the centre, 15-20ish to the port/bus station. Thanks lero

The staff were very friendly. Offering me a drink and watermelon on arrival. Was moved to a place near by that was like an apartment. It had a lounge room to chillout. Air con throughout offering relief from the heat. Very quick walk to get down to the old town

Hostel is very clean, rooms are a pretty good size and is relatively modern - When we eventually got to the hostel and went exploring we were overly happy to realise that there is a 10 minute easy walk into the old town (centre) via a small street - maybe a sign at the bottom would make the hostel more easy to locate though. Cheapest place to stay but the atmosphere was a bit rubbish considering it was the middle of summer months. Limited toilets to share so big wait when people shower

• 14th Jul 2014

Hostel LerO is a nice hostel in a great location with an awesome owner. We showed up tired after Ultra Europe and he let us sleep for 24 hours before we had to do any checking in. Easy to meet other guests and great if you want to visit the city of Split.

• 14th Jul 2014

I had an excellent stay at the Grand Hostel Lero! The facilities were great and the service was excellent. I was able to lock my luggage before and after I checked in/out so I could enjoy Split without lugging around my belongings. Located right next to the beautiful stair climb and minutes walking to the Harbor, only complaint is that it was hard to find. All guests quickly became friends, and we all gathered to watch the World Cup on the flat screen TV. Free Laundry Bedding and Towels!

• 10th Jul 2014

A decent hostel, clean, pleasant and not too far from everything. Nice atmosphere around the place and overall no complaints. Only stayed for one night so can't comment much more!

Grand Hostel Lero is without doubt the best hostel i've ever stayed at. The staff welcomed us with complimentary ice cream and cold drinks, explained where to go what to do etc and even looked after our bags with no charge for a week while we went on yacht week! Our 3 bed room was a whole apartment with kitchen etc! its a 10 min walk to city centre. If i ever return to split i will most definitely stay with Lero again. A very well run hostel suitable for any type of traveler. Thanks Lero!

• 4th Jul 2014

Staff were very helpful and welcoming. Gave me some great suggestions on things to do in Split and informed how to get to a Beach via the gardens - a pretty nice walk. The hike up the hill with luggage in the middle of Summer is a bit of a challenge but once checked into this Hostel, it is very good value for money

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was ideal - although it was up a hill, it was located half way between the old city centre and Marjan Park with the quieter beaches - providing easy access to both. The atmosphere was good, good value for money and it was pretty clean. The only problem was only three toilets and two showers so you had to queue - but I guess that's normal in a hostel! Overall, I would definitely stay here again if I returned to Split :)

• 3rd Jul 2014

Grand Hostel Lero was honestly the highlight of my stay in Split! The staff were really friendly and welcoming as well as giving us some great advice about the city- they even welcomed us with lollies, watermelon and drinks! Being just 10 minutes from the centre, the hostel was in a really good location which added to the value of our trip. I hope to return soon to this hostel and have a great experience all over again!

• 1st Jul 2014

Good welcome, map of Split with good local knowledge. WiFi always worked, bed was a little broken but manageable. 10 minute walk from centre, but again more than manageable. Very decent for the price.

Lovely villa with big, open rooms. Clean bathrooms and kitchen. Perfect location between the city (5 min walk to Diocletian Palace) and Marjan Hill with fabulous views. Would definately stay here again.

The rooms was changed, but the stuff given an offer and other rooms. On the whole it suggestible.

Was very impressed with Grand Hostel LerO. While staying here I felt at home, complementary wine was given to us at night, fresh towels on the beds, air conditioning and a great atmosphere. Compliments to the staff.

• 27th Jun 2014

Really great hostel, simple but exactly what we wanted. The staff were really friendly and the place was very clean. A little hard to find but eventually we got used to it

• 26th Jun 2014

The hostel staff were really friendly and the room itself was great. The location was a bit difficult to find and quite an uphill walk but after arriving and get a better understanding of the city layout, it really was quite manageable. And it was nice to get to wander some of the back streets of Split on the way to the Old Town each day.

We booked a 6 bed dorm but it was on renovation. We were given a studio appartment instead, which was very nive and comfy. Owner took care of everything and replied quickly when contacted (email, sms, call, etc!). Great stay, would choose again when comming back to Split.

Super friendly staff. Hostel is on it's way to becoming really really nice (it is brand new).

The location was not very close to the main attraction (old town), but the city is small so it is still quite close! also it is close to some really good beaches which the staff inform you. Really worthy !

« first « Prev 1 2 3