Grand hostel LerO Reviews

Marjanski Put 7, Split, Croatia

The staff were very unfriendly and rude. Our room was ready 40 minutes late (we almost missed our ferry to Hvar as a result), and no one even apologised for it. We were effectively kicked out after checking out, despite it being advertised that we were welcome to stay and store our bags. There was no where to safety store our bags. Security in the hostel was very poor, the doors to the rooms cannot be locked. It was a very unwelcome environment as a whole. No one made you feel welcome at all.

Great for location not too far from what we thought were both sides of Split. The Staff especially Antonio + Owner were both amazing, helpful and kind. Making sure to recommend anything that they thought was worth seeing + felt like friends by the end. Hostel can get quite busy for a small space which makes 2 bathroom situation a bit difficult. + Would have preferred to have new bedding etc half way through as may have helped with bites. Overall definitely come back beautiful, city + people!

To be honest this isnt a great hostel... It was clean so ill give it that much but the staff werent particularly friendly or helpful. I felt like i was bothering them if i asked them any questions. Very poor security as anyone could just walk into the hostel. The only sort of security there was were the lockers in the room. i couldnt even lock the room. Rooms didnt look as they were advertised at all. Wouldnt recommend this hostel at all.

Clean the rooms better, allow people to drink alcoholic beverages inside and at least pretend like there is some security from people just walking right in the front door and into my room.

Follow their directions!! I was eating at a restaurant that looked really close to the hostel on the map before going there to check in. It took over 20 minutes in pouring rain. From the plaza with the red buildings surrounding it, it's a 5-7 min walk at a slight incline. I think the vibe was a little dampened (literally) due to the bad weather when I was there. Staff was friendly. Never had to wait too long to use a bathroom. Overall, good.

This hostel has great potential yet the staff let it down. They were very passively aggressive and we moved room three times after we checked in. There were no apologies and then our friend, who was placed in a separate room, was told to move beds at 11:30pm. When he asked why, the response was 'I am the owner move.' With some attitude adjustment and improved organisational skills this could be a good hostel.

Cheap but didn't find there to be too much atmosphere.

Came to Split during a 43 degree heatwave, the hostel's AC was a blessing and made the stay incredibly comfortable. With a beach and the town center within 10 minutes walking the place is perfect for a retreat in this beautiful town. Staff had some trouble connecting with guests at first but was super friendly and willing to help out once you got to know them. By far one of the cleanest hostel I have seen so far, the backyard is also a great touch!

Walk from bus station/ferry port is 1.4km, 20 mins and a bit uphill. I got there late at night, oddly somebody already checked in under my reservation and that night was fully booked. Things did sort out in the end and they apologized to me a million times. Apart from that, the hostel itself is great. Met some great people, had a good night sleep, and chilled around the common room during the day.

It was a very average Hostel... The staff wasn't very friendly: the first words out of their mouth was 'where's my money?', not even a welcome! We weren't told before hand that since we were a big group we would be staying in a separate area than the actual hostel. It was in a very quiet neighbourhood which was quite a bad location seeing as we were a group of young people coming home late (we had to stop making noise by 9pm). The kitchen was very small along with the bathroom...

• 10th Aug 2015