Grand hostel LerO Reviews

Marjanski Put 7, Split, Croatia

Great for location not too far from what we thought were both sides of Split. The Staff especially Antonio + Owner were both amazing, helpful and kind. Making sure to recommend anything that they thought was worth seeing + felt like friends by the end. Hostel can get quite busy for a small space which makes 2 bathroom situation a bit difficult. + Would have preferred to have new bedding etc half way through as may have helped with bites. Overall definitely come back beautiful, city + people!

To be honest this isnt a great hostel... It was clean so ill give it that much but the staff werent particularly friendly or helpful. I felt like i was bothering them if i asked them any questions. Very poor security as anyone could just walk into the hostel. The only sort of security there was were the lockers in the room. i couldnt even lock the room. Rooms didnt look as they were advertised at all. Wouldnt recommend this hostel at all.

Clean the rooms better, allow people to drink alcoholic beverages inside and at least pretend like there is some security from people just walking right in the front door and into my room.

Follow their directions!! I was eating at a restaurant that looked really close to the hostel on the map before going there to check in. It took over 20 minutes in pouring rain. From the plaza with the red buildings surrounding it, it's a 5-7 min walk at a slight incline. I think the vibe was a little dampened (literally) due to the bad weather when I was there. Staff was friendly. Never had to wait too long to use a bathroom. Overall, good.

This hostel has great potential yet the staff let it down. They were very passively aggressive and we moved room three times after we checked in. There were no apologies and then our friend, who was placed in a separate room, was told to move beds at 11:30pm. When he asked why, the response was 'I am the owner move.' With some attitude adjustment and improved organisational skills this could be a good hostel.

Cheap but didn't find there to be too much atmosphere.

Came to Split during a 43 degree heatwave, the hostel's AC was a blessing and made the stay incredibly comfortable. With a beach and the town center within 10 minutes walking the place is perfect for a retreat in this beautiful town. Staff had some trouble connecting with guests at first but was super friendly and willing to help out once you got to know them. By far one of the cleanest hostel I have seen so far, the backyard is also a great touch!

Walk from bus station/ferry port is 1.4km, 20 mins and a bit uphill. I got there late at night, oddly somebody already checked in under my reservation and that night was fully booked. Things did sort out in the end and they apologized to me a million times. Apart from that, the hostel itself is great. Met some great people, had a good night sleep, and chilled around the common room during the day.

It was a very average Hostel... The staff wasn't very friendly: the first words out of their mouth was 'where's my money?', not even a welcome! We weren't told before hand that since we were a big group we would be staying in a separate area than the actual hostel. It was in a very quiet neighbourhood which was quite a bad location seeing as we were a group of young people coming home late (we had to stop making noise by 9pm). The kitchen was very small along with the bathroom...

• 10th Aug 2015

Hostel Lero is only a short walk from old towntown, the port and the main bus station. It is in a large house which looks oldold on the outside but is modern on the inside with good facilities. We were only here for one night but would of been happy to stay for longer.

A decent hostel overall. Also as far as security, I was able to walk in the front door, up the stairs through another door and into my unlocked room at 6am, that is NOT cool. Also lockers seem easily broken into Also, the employee how we dealt with was not welcoming and rather rude on several occasions. I talked to other people staying there and they had the same experience. Maybe something kept getting lost in translation, who knows! Either way, its not that much of a big deal.

Clean and friendly :)

• 4th Aug 2015

All great and clean facilities, including big kitchen and living room space. The hostel is a little out Of town but the walk is beautiful and for many this quietness is preferable. Enjoyed my stay!

Rude staff. Only one nice staff member and he was the one who checked us in. The nightshift staff member was really rude and scary, swearing and carrying on when we paid in cash (upon request of the hostel) and needed change. If the hostel accepts only cash, the hostel should be prepared to produce change. The positives for this place would be that you can do you laundry upon request fee of charge, and that there is a pretty high standard of cleanliness in the hostel.

Guy at check in was a little odd.wasn't that helpful

Pros- good kitchen. Cons- toilet IN shower; extra bed added to room last minute so no space; very rudely asked to leave before check out for other guests; no consideration for the lack of space created by extra bed. Lies- no refrigerators in rooms; not enough lockers in rooms; no Nintendo Wii; we weren't shown any garden or bbq area; no free welcome drinks. Final note- avoid this hostel. Our friends got an apartment by the beach which was MUCH better!!

Hostel was lovely, great kitchen and communal space. All other facilities were good (and air conditioning was great!). One of the staff was really great and showed us to the garden where there were hammocks, and brought us watermelon, which was a lovely surprise. About 10-15 minutes from the town. Wifi was very poor while we were there.

Location was good, only about a 10 minute walk to the city centre! It was kind of a hit and miss with the staff, one was super helpful and another not so much. The hostel doesn't allow any alcohol and the common areas can't be used after 10pm which was kind of a bummer. The beds were super uncomfortable in our room, I could feel and actually see the springs! AC was wonderful though! Almost too well as the cold kept us up sometimes

Great hostel, good kitchen, not too far from the old town. The staff were really helpful.

Very clean hostel and safe hostel in a great location short walking distance to everything you need. The hosts were fantastic giving us fresh watermelon every morning. Wasn't much atmosphere but would defiantly recommend staying here.