Grand hostel LerO Reviews

Marjanski Put 7, Split, Croatia

A nice hostel just out of the main town centre. It is up a hill to get there but not as bad as the other reviews make it out to be. Lero, the owner is very helpful and accommodating. I would stay here again.

We had a wonderful stay here and are definitely coming back to this hostel when we return to split. The staff were very welcoming and the manager was so kind, he went out of his way to make our stay memorable. We arrived in the middle of a storm and were greeted with towels and watermelon which cheered us up immediately. We love hostel LerO!

This was our third time back in grand hostel LerO and again the staff were so kind to us and made us feel completely at home in hostel LerO. There are great facilities, it is always very clean and fantastic value for money! Wound recommend this to anyone.

Very clean and nice hostel, equipped kitchen and dining area- there you can meet other back-packers and it is very cool. There are lockers for your stuff. It is a 15 min walk from the Palace, so it is nice and quiet. I would recommend to stay there- clean, very helpful and friendly staff, nice place and location!

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Estonia

Lero was the man..rooms are big, washing was for free, walking distance to everything, he organised his brother to drop me to the airport, had watermelon for the guests and was cheap to..would stay here again definantly

Really nice hostel with quirky and interesting decoration fairly close to the old town. The living room is great (audio system, tv, AC, laptop, comfy couches) and the kitchen is fully equiped. We wished we had stayed longer here!

Hostel LerO met my basic requirements for a good hostel: clean, secure, and value-priced. The kitchen, the bathrooms, and the rooms were large and clean. I think all bathrooms are shared and so there can be a wait for them in the mornings, but this is common in most of the many hostels I've used. It does not seem to be a party hostel and is located in a residential area about 15 minutes walking from the center, so it is quiet as well. Air conditioning kept the hostel cool and comfortable.

• 23rd Jul 2014

I cannot fault the hostel, the people, the facilities, the beds, were all fine. If you don't mind walking up a really tall hill with your luggage then the location is probably good enough. The main problem is that Split is not a great place to be. It seems to be mainly a hub to other, nicer place eg. Hvar. We only spent a day in split and were already board by the end of it, we even went to froggyland (look it up on tripadvisor)

Very friendly staff and very accomodating. They fitted us in when we showed up on their doorstep. Easy walk to town too.

• 22nd Jul 2014

if i want to have a good time at split just go there! Hostel Lero is not only a perfect place to stay but also the people who work there is great!! Cuostomer service is just EXCELLENT, that is the reason why yo can find in the same place all that you are looking for in a hostel: good location, cleanliness, security, etc!

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Uruguay

I only stayed 1 night here but felt right at home. Lero the owner is a young guy with great humour. I was welcomed with a slice of watermelon upon arrival! The beds and rooms feel new, dining room is friendly, lockers in bedroom or in the hall available. There were only 2 bathrooms on my level which maybe seemed too little. The walk to the hostel is a little up hill and slightly out of town, but it only takes 10mins to get into the centre, 15-20ish to the port/bus station. Thanks lero

Maybe some bowls for cereal. And it's unclear whether we should do the dishes or just leave it in the dishwasher. If it the former, then a dish rack to air dry it properly is recommended

I stayed at Leros for 2 nights and it was very nice. Lero and his family are very nice. They were always trying to talk with us to see if everything was ok. The only thing is that you have to climb the hill a little bit, but it was not a big problem...

• 17th Jul 2014

The staff were very friendly. Offering me a drink and watermelon on arrival. Was moved to a place near by that was like an apartment. It had a lounge room to chillout. Air con throughout offering relief from the heat. Very quick walk to get down to the old town

Hostel is very clean, rooms are a pretty good size and is relatively modern - When we eventually got to the hostel and went exploring we were overly happy to realise that there is a 10 minute easy walk into the old town (centre) via a small street - maybe a sign at the bottom would make the hostel more easy to locate though. Cheapest place to stay but the atmosphere was a bit rubbish considering it was the middle of summer months. Limited toilets to share so big wait when people shower

• 14th Jul 2014

Hostel LerO is a nice hostel in a great location with an awesome owner. We showed up tired after Ultra Europe and he let us sleep for 24 hours before we had to do any checking in. Easy to meet other guests and great if you want to visit the city of Split.

• 14th Jul 2014

I had an excellent stay at the Grand Hostel Lero! The facilities were great and the service was excellent. I was able to lock my luggage before and after I checked in/out so I could enjoy Split without lugging around my belongings. Located right next to the beautiful stair climb and minutes walking to the Harbor, only complaint is that it was hard to find. All guests quickly became friends, and we all gathered to watch the World Cup on the flat screen TV. Free Laundry Bedding and Towels!

Reasonably basic rooms etc. but very good value for money. Some of the friendliest and most helpful staff I've encountered, as another reviewer mentioned, Lero is the man. The location is a little walk from the centre but means that you have a fantastic view of the mountains and a little bit of peace from the madness of the centre.

A decent hostel, clean, pleasant and not too far from everything. Nice atmosphere around the place and overall no complaints. Only stayed for one night so can't comment much more!

Grand Hostel Lero is without doubt the best hostel i've ever stayed at. The staff welcomed us with complimentary ice cream and cold drinks, explained where to go what to do etc and even looked after our bags with no charge for a week while we went on yacht week! Our 3 bed room was a whole apartment with kitchen etc! its a 10 min walk to city centre. If i ever return to split i will most definitely stay with Lero again. A very well run hostel suitable for any type of traveler. Thanks Lero!