Grand hostel LerO Reviews

Marjanski Put 7, Split, Croatia

Hotel LerO was incredibly welcoming and homely. After travelling around for a while it was great to stay at a hostel where you felt very at home and comfortable. Very clean, beautiful rooftop deck, friendly staff and fantastic atmosphere. The best hostel we've stayed in yet.

• 20th Aug 2014

This was a fab hostel. It had a great little kitchen and rooms. Just an easy walk out of old town.

The hostel is not so far away from the town center, the bathroom was not very clean and there was no hot water (and nobody at reception to signal). The rooms however were clean and comfortable. Our room served as a transit corridor for the room next door, which caused some noise, but otherwise the location is quite calm, next to a big park. Overall a good average place to stay if you're on a budget, don't expect anything special.

Amazing hostel, I really recommend it. Good location and very friendly staff.

Nice hostel! The location was good for us: there was not too long way to any place, there was peaceful and it seemed to be in locals' area. Marjan Peninsula was almost in the backyard. Beautiful location, a lot of walking, though. Staff was helpful!

The hostel is a bit out of the city center but within easy walking distance. The staff was amazing and quite helpful, even offered us something to drink upon our arrival. The rooms were pretty cool and quite clean and there was even common area with a TV in it. Good value for the money you pay. I would stay here again.

Nice welcome and the flat was great too. I recommand it.

• 16th Aug 2014

Not the best, not the worst. The guy who runs it is great, very friendly and gave us a beer and juice on arrival. Note that the instructions for how to find it aren't great - when it says walk up a road 200m it means walk about 600m and then the hostel is on your left once you cross over the cross-roads it refers to. Fairly central location, only 5-10 min to the centre of Split. Very limited atmosphere in the hostel when we were there, and the front door is often open and unattended.

The staff were so accommodating and after the yacht week it was the perfect place to recover. Would 100% return.

This hostel has really nice facilities, including a kitchen, a nice common space, and very clean bathrooms. The house itself is beautiful, and for me the location was perfect- maybe a 10 minute walk to the centre, but a really lovely walk. But what really sets this hostel apart is the people who work there. I've stayed in lots of hostels, and never been somewhere where the staff are so dedicated to taking care of the guests. They work extremely hard, and it really shows. I had a great stay here!

One night stopover, good air conditioning. Comfy bunks. A lot of people trying to use 2 toilets / showers but made do

We had an amazing time at Hostel Lero. Our room was fanastic and the fresh fruit was an added bonus! The staff were very helpful and all of their recommendations were spot on. The position was perfect for getting away to some of the more secluded beaches and just the right distance from town. A fantastic experience!

• 13th Aug 2014

We stayed here for the last night of our trip and it was exactly what we needed. Free watermelon when we arrived, lovely air conditioning and generally really helpful and welcoming!

We stayed in a very nice little appartment near the hostel. It was great!

All staff are very kind and helpful, so I like this hostel the best in my travel. I can stay with very confortable because staff clean up hard every day. There also full security box, so very safety. Sun shine coming to the room, so very good and if you are hot, also you can use air conditioner! If I can go Sprit next time, I want to go this hostel again!!!

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Japan

Lovely hostel, a little out of the way but everything still in walking distance. Great staff who went out of their way, explained everything you needed, made good recommendations and good jokes, and also gave me a departing gift of some herbal honey for my cough. Could use some more showers/toilets since they are each in the same room but still a nice place to stay.

Was only at grand lero for two nights on either end of sail Croatia so was not in any state to complain about a proper bed on land. The staff were exceptionally kind, the location was 5 mins from the main port area, and the place was clean with a nice kitchen. Great value for money! Cheers for the free wine and watermelon upon arrival :)

Lero is a fantastic host. He carried our bags up the stairs when we arrived and brought us fresh, cold watermelon. There are great hammocks in the back yard and Lero let us try the figs he grew back there. The rooms were clean and the walk to town was only ten minutes. This has been our favorite hostel in our month of travel, mostly because of Lero!_

Very nice hostel, with a very helpful and agradable staff. Clean, good instalations, but not so close to the main atractions of the city (that aren´t many). But I recommend, it´s a very good hostel in Split.

Very friendly staff always around to help! Nice clean showers and rooms, would highly recommend. It is a walk up hill from Town but a minor issue for the price!