Grand hostel LerO Reviews

Marjanski Put 7, Split, Croatia

The hostel was at a very convenient place- not far from the center, but far enough to find a parking place. It was surprisingly clean for a hostel and this is one of my biggest requirements. The hosts were nice.

We had a little difficulty finding the hostel as the directions that we're sent in the email were not amazing. However once we arrived we found it to have smart rooms, clean bathrooms and a welcoming kitchen/communal area. I highly recommend this hostel if you are a traveller who still likes to be comfortable but for good value.

Spent just one night over there, but it was good enough. So, I don`t want to say a lot, because I didn`t have much time to feel the atmosphere at the hostel.

It's far from the bus terminal, so if you have a heavy backpack, it's better to get public transport. I ended up walking like mad

Amazing hostel! Staff very friendly and nice to talk to. Definitely not to far from the centre. Had a really good stay there! Thx Lero!

Had a great time. Staff were awesome, gave us a beer when we arrived and made us feel very welcome! Hostel was in a great location in the old town. Air con and wifi were brilliant. Would recommend.

• 26th Aug 2014

Lero is so lovely and accommodating! Cannot fault the staff. A good, relaxed hostel for meeting people. Slight downfall was that the hostel was very full and there are only two showers so sometimes there were big queues. Kitchen area was very nice and our dorm was great with air-conditioning. About a 10 minute walk from the beautiful town and close to a lovely lookout over the city. A great stay, thank you Lero!

Decent budget hostel option in Split! Only stayed here one night and it was perfect for our needs. It is a bit of an uphill slog from the bus station and from the old town but it was clean, and comfortable. Staff gave us cold watermelon on arrival - can't complain about that!! Thanks!

Not far from old town. When I got in, the owner/staff were very welcoming. There's a kitchen and lockers, and I was given a map and advice. The directions to get here worked out. I'd recommend this place!

No internet acess!!!

Hotel LerO was incredibly welcoming and homely. After travelling around for a while it was great to stay at a hostel where you felt very at home and comfortable. Very clean, beautiful rooftop deck, friendly staff and fantastic atmosphere. The best hostel we've stayed in yet.

• 20th Aug 2014

This was a fab hostel. It had a great little kitchen and rooms. Just an easy walk out of old town.

The hostel is not so far away from the town center, the bathroom was not very clean and there was no hot water (and nobody at reception to signal). The rooms however were clean and comfortable. Our room served as a transit corridor for the room next door, which caused some noise, but otherwise the location is quite calm, next to a big park. Overall a good average place to stay if you're on a budget, don't expect anything special.

Amazing hostel, I really recommend it. Good location and very friendly staff.

Nice hostel! The location was good for us: there was not too long way to any place, there was peaceful and it seemed to be in locals' area. Marjan Peninsula was almost in the backyard. Beautiful location, a lot of walking, though. Staff was helpful!

The hostel is a bit out of the city center but within easy walking distance. The staff was amazing and quite helpful, even offered us something to drink upon our arrival. The rooms were pretty cool and quite clean and there was even common area with a TV in it. Good value for the money you pay. I would stay here again.

Nice welcome and the flat was great too. I recommand it.

• 16th Aug 2014

Not the best, not the worst. The guy who runs it is great, very friendly and gave us a beer and juice on arrival. Note that the instructions for how to find it aren't great - when it says walk up a road 200m it means walk about 600m and then the hostel is on your left once you cross over the cross-roads it refers to. Fairly central location, only 5-10 min to the centre of Split. Very limited atmosphere in the hostel when we were there, and the front door is often open and unattended.

The staff were so accommodating and after the yacht week it was the perfect place to recover. Would 100% return.

This hostel has really nice facilities, including a kitchen, a nice common space, and very clean bathrooms. The house itself is beautiful, and for me the location was perfect- maybe a 10 minute walk to the centre, but a really lovely walk. But what really sets this hostel apart is the people who work there. I've stayed in lots of hostels, and never been somewhere where the staff are so dedicated to taking care of the guests. They work extremely hard, and it really shows. I had a great stay here!