Grande Hostel de Coimbra Reviews

Rua Antero Quental n�196, Coimbra, Portugal

I stayed there one night and it was fine! A really big open air space was good just to chill out a little bit.

Pro: even though I stayed at the 12 person room, but there are plenty space to move around. Staff is friendly and helpful Con: Kind far from the train station Overall, great place for the money. I will stay again.

Good vibes

Ants in the bathroom, we weren't abel to have a shower. Bathrooms gross, there was even one night that someone puke on one and nobody cleaned it. Rooms old and beds without sheets, they gave them to us after we came. Staff barefoot. We choose that hostel to be able to sleep three people together in the same room. BIG MISTAKE, after being there, I would rather pay a hotel or even sleep away from my friends.

• 29th Aug 2014
  • Spain

This place is probably what should be actually a hostel, with a kind, young and friendly staff, a shared living room with Wi-Fi and a large garden with a barbecue too! The rooms are not so sofisticate and clean, but the ambient is quite and relaxing. Great choice for a few days!

• 25th Aug 2014

This place is not a big sterile chain hostel, the staff were friendly and the location is close enough to everything to walk. Not the most sparkly modern facilities but perfectly clean and adequate. Good wifi. Breakfast is cereal and toast with jam. Lots of communal bits and pieces to cook with. Quite an alternative vibe.

We met some cool people at this hostel, very laid back atmosphere, most of the staff were helpful. Free breakfast had a good selection The building is old and more than a little bit run-down so the standard of cleanliness wasn't great. Showers were cold rather than warm most of the time. Worst thing was getting bitten by bed bugs on my last night - the first time it has ever happened to me, but spoke to another guest who also got bitten there. Maybe take insect repellent if you go to stay there?

I had one of my best hostel stays here, the staff were so friendly and as soon as I arrived I felt instantly relaxed. They were inviting and all other peple there extremelly friendly I stayed an extra day and was so happy I did so. Totally recommend. It is an older place with lots of character so if thats your thing, book away.

The hostel is close to the center of the city, within walking distance to the sites. The hostel was located in a beautiful building.

Very nice stay in this classy hostel. It is in an old building with a wonderfull view over the Coimbra. Staff was very cool and helpful and facilities and breakfast very nice. Totally recommended.

This hostel really turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It didn't look that great from the photos but it was large, spacious, well maintained and had a very nice atmosphere. Of all the places I stayed in Portugal on this trip, this one fit the most ideal definition of a "hostel" - a nice communal atmosphere in a shared space. The staff are friendly and helpful and the location is fairly convenient to the major attractions. I would recommend this place above the other major Coimbra hostel.

Great staff, Paulo is great host!

Staff is super!!! Very clean hostel...just a little far from the city center. WiFi and a huge breakfast for free! I really suggest to go there

It was a great experience. The atmosphere of the hostel was lovely and the staff were very helpful and kind. I would absolutely recommend this hostel. In the kitchen you get to meet people and i had a lovely time. the bedroom was clean and super comfortable.

What a lovely place! We immediately felt at home in this beautiful hostel. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed and the staff, as well as the house and the garden, is welcoming and charming.

The hostel needs a bit of renovation. The garden has to be better taken care of. It's could be awesome but it's in a poor state... :(

Clearly THE place to stay in Coimbra!

Extremely friendly staff and very good installations!

Great old building and I loved the various areas you could go and chill. The terrace is also a excellent place to relax. Also close to the centre. It fitted the ambiance of Coimbra.

Really great hostel in a perfect location. The kitchen and bathroom facilities were a stand out. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others.