Grande Hostel de Coimbra Reviews

Rua Antero Quental n�196, Coimbra, Portugal

This place is not a big sterile chain hostel, the staff were friendly and the location is close enough to everything to walk. Not the most sparkly modern facilities but perfectly clean and adequate. Good wifi. Breakfast is cereal and toast with jam. Lots of communal bits and pieces to cook with. Quite an alternative vibe.

I had one of my best hostel stays here, the staff were so friendly and as soon as I arrived I felt instantly relaxed. They were inviting and all other peple there extremelly friendly I stayed an extra day and was so happy I did so. Totally recommend. It is an older place with lots of character so if thats your thing, book away.

Very nice stay in this classy hostel. It is in an old building with a wonderfull view over the Coimbra. Staff was very cool and helpful and facilities and breakfast very nice. Totally recommended.

This hostel really turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It didn't look that great from the photos but it was large, spacious, well maintained and had a very nice atmosphere. Of all the places I stayed in Portugal on this trip, this one fit the most ideal definition of a "hostel" - a nice communal atmosphere in a shared space. The staff are friendly and helpful and the location is fairly convenient to the major attractions. I would recommend this place above the other major Coimbra hostel.

Great staff, Paulo is great host!

Staff is super!!! Very clean hostel...just a little far from the city center. WiFi and a huge breakfast for free! I really suggest to go there

It was a great experience. The atmosphere of the hostel was lovely and the staff were very helpful and kind. I would absolutely recommend this hostel. In the kitchen you get to meet people and i had a lovely time. the bedroom was clean and super comfortable.

What a lovely place! We immediately felt at home in this beautiful hostel. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxed and the staff, as well as the house and the garden, is welcoming and charming.

The hostel needs a bit of renovation. The garden has to be better taken care of. It's could be awesome but it's in a poor state... :(

Clearly THE place to stay in Coimbra!

Extremely friendly staff and very good installations!

Great old building and I loved the various areas you could go and chill. The terrace is also a excellent place to relax. Also close to the centre. It fitted the ambiance of Coimbra.

Really great hostel in a perfect location. The kitchen and bathroom facilities were a stand out. I would definitely recommend this hostel to others.

This hostel was very friendly which helped our stay in coimbra become a memorable and positive experience! A simple place but with a little spunk and a nice younger crowd vibe. Easy access to the university.

I had a very pleasent stay at the Grande Hostel de Coimbra. It is closely to the Praça da Républica in the heart of the city. The staff is very friendly and helpful and the house is wonderfull with a great sight at the University of Coimbra. I had a great time there and can just recommend it to everyone who wants to visit Coimbra!

• 11th Jun 2014

Very good hostel, but clean the fridge!

Very chill, very accommodating folks. The only hostel I stayed at that actually had sufficient lockers. Very enjoyable!

Loved it so much we went back at the end of our trip. The staff is awesome, breakfast is better than usual hostels. Located in a quiet street but still near everything. Coimbra is a really nice city with cheap place to eat, a lot to see and a lot of party place. Would recommend this hostel over any other place we visited during the trip. The outside area is a really nice place to hang for an relax evening. Staff is always there to recommend you something or somewhere to go.

Beautiful rooms, friendly staff, good location. The breakfast was basic, but ok. The toilet and shower are in the same room so when someone is showering you can't go to the toilet...

...at this floor (where are 2 double rooms). In the other floor, there are four showers and three toilets in separated areas. Might have been some misinformation in the check-in, for what we apologize.

Tank you very very much for all your sympathy! Loved the place, the city and the staff.. It's certainly a must comeback, and i will. Special thanks to the owners and the staff!

• 12th Mar 2014