Grandio Party Hostel Reviews

Nagy Diofa Utca 8, Budapest, Hungary

Staff were willing to help but were a bit odd & there wasn't anybody in control. Breakfast never happened. Atmosphere was strange; it's a bit like a commune where society's outcasts come to find comfort in each other's company. It's full of people merely content with existing. Sports team drinking culture doesn't fit in here, but some will love this place.

Like a bacchanalian oasis in a sea of post-Soviet splendour, the Grandio Hostel is truly a grand Budapest hostel. From the lovely, ramshackle buildings to the helpful and sexy staff, Grandio has it all. Big ups to the huge camaraderie on display and everyone's ability to get around even the shyest travellers. Anyone who stays here is ohana now, and ohana means family. 11/10, would recommend to literally anyone who loves having a good time and the occasional orgy.

Grandio was a great place for the serious partier. I was interested in partying but I also wanted to see the city. When I got back from my excursions around 6-8pm most people were already hammered. This makes it a bit of an awkward scenario when you're sober as a bird and trying to get to that level. The staff was very nice and always inviting. There is always some type of activity going on as well. Be prepared to drink heavily when you go and leave your moral at the door.

My favourite hostel I've stayed at! Amazing vibes, guests and staff 24/7. Grandio is a place where no one is a stranger and everyone's ready to get silly at any time of the day. So many ridiculous stories to tell from staying here! If you feel like getting rowdy this is the place. Big Ed you're the man! Love you Shades, and can't forget my favourite Sleepy G! Thanks all for the memories, I'll be back x

Dankest party hostel under the sun. If you're keen to get sozzled this is the place for you, great atmosphere and amazing staff.

Great party hostel, it's true to the title ! Amazing staff, I felt at home straight away !! I would definitely recommend Grandio to anyone looking to party and especially to solo travelers !!!! See you guys soon !

Overall, I can't complain about the bar or staff as both were great. Some of the guests are quite immature, but perhaps this is standard affair with party hostels. Good atmosphere, good location. Kitchen was lacking, but again this is a a party hostel. My biggest issue, however, was with the property and cleanliness. I don't understand how this place has such high marks. Showers and bathrooms reeked, rooms were shabby, and everything was very grimy. Grandio wouldn't be my first recommendation.

a truly beautiful place. pixie is incredible

Great location and STAFF!! If u wanna party to die... then this is it!! Excellent place to meet a lot of people and spend time together!! If u wanna sleep regular hours, then think about it!! I would definitely recommend this place to anybody though!!

Amazingly friendly staff, very helpful. Great location and value for money.

Scrappy doo has the curls he gets the girls. shout out to pixie his real dope hostel is great i had so much fun it was mental it was so awesome never had such an awesome time before you all with think its awesome as well when you stay here. AWESOME. would bang Sleepy G and APPLES *orange*

• 14th Oct 2015

I love this hostel, its like a dream but in real life. Also you will never leave, pixie wont let you. Just stay here!!!

• 14th Oct 2015

My head still hurts from the chaos! Had too much fun at Grandio. Thanks for puting up with us- Apple and the rest of the staff. Will be back for sure!!! -Sean

Booked one night, stayed 3 and God, this place is so hard to leave! Best staff I ever stumble upon. You just got feeling you became part of the family same moment you enter the yard! Big Ed, Pinchy, Pixie, Oz, Ren (Hi Boss!), Apple, Spider, Sleepy G just a bunch of most amazing people on Earth! Special love to one and only, Scottish darling, star of the Universe, Original Sexy Beast GEMMA! I love you darling and I'm back for Halloween! Don't think, book Grandio for the most amazing time in Bp!

it was the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff is amazing. Best place ever. I never wanted to leave. I'm already planning my next trip to Grandio

• 11th Oct 2015

Staff is wonderful and very engaging! From the moment you walk in they immerse you in a very fun atmosphere. It is a great place to meet fellow travelers and have quite a bit of fun while you are hopping around the globe. They have toilets and showers in each of the dorms which is a huge upgrade over many of the other hostels I have stayed at .

• 11th Oct 2015

This is the place to stay in Budapest for sure! There is always something going on, so if u like free pup crawls, jager trains and booze this i the right place for you! The hostel is a good place to meet people, even as a solo traveler Great location, awesome staff specially Ren :) you will never get bored that for sure! So book it!

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Sweden

We was "robbed" in front of us. We don't know if someone take the jacket by accident or intentionally, this happened in the dinning room. Also if if you wanna party all week its okay, but if you need sleep one night you need find another place.

Had an awesome time, a great place to party everyone was wasted. I was privileged enough to enjoy Grandios first wedding!!! Yay! Also shout out to Pixie and Fluuzi, ahh Pixie. If you want to actually party and have fun with the coolest people you have ever met, both guests and staff then stay here.

• 6th Oct 2015

As advertised, it is a party hostel and that's all you can expect with partying and drinking every night. Disappointed with the staff. I had to check out at 8am to catch a flight but there was no one to return a deposit of 10euros for the room keys. I knocked on the office door which said it was supposed to be opened at 8am, waited 15 minutes and there was still no one to check me out. Lost 10euros (cost more than a night's accom) and almost missed my flight.