Grandma Fun Hostel Reviews

No.18, Ln. 236, Zhongzheng Rd, Shilin District, Taipei, Taiwan

Laura, the receptionist is just amazing, speaks great English, is really helpful and knowledgeable. I would give her 6/5 points... :) But as for the hostel, well, that was a bad place. Certainly not comfortable. The room with double bed I had, was without any window outside, there was only badly sound-isolating window to the kitchen. No AC, just ventilator. Besides, the room is just where metro is and even inside, one can hear the train.

Great little hostel in a house in Shilin, close to the metro and the night market, but on a quiet street. I stayed in the private room, which was basic (mattress on the floor), but nice! Lauren, who runs the place is very cool, and helpful, and there's a nice little kitchen. No breakfast, but great places to eat nearby! I'd stay there again!

very welcoming atmosphere, Lauren is one of the top hosts that I met in Taipei. She is nice to offer me some snacks/beer/food etc and help on where to visit. overall very nice! If you're looking for some upscale stay- this is not your choice but if you're on a budget but don't wanna couchsurf, grandma fun definitely serves you right.

• 7th Apr 2014

lovely owner, lovely cat, love to stay here 2 days. But suggest to make a sign outside the hostel that reminds us we arrived!