Granny's Inn Hostel Reviews

53, Blanche Huber Str, Sliema, Sliema, Malta

Not good enough. Pros - good location near bus stop/ St Julians/ seafront gardens/ large supermarket, hostel is kept clean, good wifi. Quiet neighbourhood. CONS - No A/C and fans v ineffective, very stuffy rooms, no free PC access (expensive), room was too small for amount of people and no backpack/large lockers, airport pickup massively over-priced, NO KITCHEN ACCESS AFTER 2PM a truly terrible idea, made it really awkward, tiny common room so no social side at all, no staff after 2pm to help

• 3rd Oct 2013

This hostel ir very clean and quiet. There is a nice small terrace and other common space. Bathrooms are large and comfortable. Good wifi. Downstairs female dorm is a bit dark and its windows are without bars and open to the street: so for your safety and privacy you have to keep them closed. That is not very pleasent in the summer especially during the night. If you can, choose the female dorm on the first floor. If you don't care cook in the evening, this hostel is ok for you.

We were very pleased about the trip to Malta. We did not know what to expect but it was great. The hostel was great, the roommates were great, stuff was very kind, weather was fine... Maybe there is something we missed - the kitchen, which could be open all the time. That´s all. But in generally we spent beautiful time on Malta (Sliema) and we are sure that some day we will come back.

• 29th Aug 2013
  • Slovenia

Rooms very hot in summer

• 5th Aug 2013

Great place to stay. Clean rooms, friendly staff and nice and quiet surroundings. Easy to walk everywhere.

• 26th Jul 2013
  • Finland

Security at this hostel was so efficient it was almost impossible to access the building! Jokes aside, the staff makes sure all guests need to have keys/codes to get in, which is both good and bad. The main problem could be that there's no 24-hour reception so any early birds/late arrivals may incur into difficulties entering the property. However, staff were always kind and helpful: when for example my sister and I had trouble with our room's door, the owner promptly came to our rescue.

• 20th Jul 2013

Did not really like the hostel , was given a room with no air con so it was super hot in the night cant sleep well for the 4 nights that i was there. I was sleeping in a 6 person room and none of us could take the heat , in the end i saw people sleeping in the common area and balcony it was really bad. The kitchen close at 2 pm and the wifi was unstable at the top floor where my room was. The hostel felt like it was a place to sleep and nothing more . Dont think i would stay here if i came back.

Dear guest. We are very clear in our information written in our website and on this website where you have booked, saying that we do not have AC units (but there are 3 fans) in the room! and also reception hours are stated to all guests before arrival. So you could have easily known what you booked for, before arriving! With regard to wifi, it is used everyday by everyone. Sometimes the service may be faulty due to the company's faults but nobody has control on that!

Good spot and facilities. I booked here after seeing the 96% atmosphere, in no way should it be that high. Absolutely no atmosphere whatsoever.

i would say this is more like a B&B and not a real hostel, staff not there the whole time, no social side at all to this place.

Great location, very quiet yet close to supermarket, bars, beach, bus stop. Friendly staff, good value for money.

clean, comfortable, best location, nice people, cheap price, everything is so nice in Malta.

I found hostel well located, quiet area and well connected. Recommended, but "not too much" ,.., as I would not like to have problems booking in Granny's Inn Hostel, next time when I decide to go Malta again :)

• 11th May 2013
  • Spain

Thank you Malta, Paulette and Vincent so much for everything! For your warm welcoming and all the information and advise you gave me. The location is one of the best: situated between Valletta and Paceville everything is close at hand. Plus a mini market litterary right around the corner. Enjoyed my stay :) the people are warmhearted, relaxed, they care - to me. The only one minor minus is the fact that the kitchen is closed after 14.00. Take a trip to Malta. You'll love it!

Very well located, friendly staff, nice building. The only one defect is you have to pay for a PC with Internet (free wifi) and it's better to buy something for breakfast at the supermarket. If I came back to Malta, I'd surelly stay again at Granny's Inn.

• 29th Apr 2013
  • Spain

i thought there is really nice!!

Grannys inn is an excellent hostel, family run, nice and quiet, very clean, and superb value for money, located in a nice area near the sea, I have stayed at grannys inn several times now, and will continue to do so.

Thank you Richard. It is always a pleasure to accommodate you.

I stay in single room for couples of nights. Well, I arrived late unfortunately no one open the door for me. I have been waiting for an hour till the owner let me in. My room is small but net. Wifi is ok. Oh ya, the tap wasn't running propery. What did I like about the hostel- good location, nice atmosphere around. Important to backpackers, valued to money and consider cheap!

It was one of the best hostels I ever visit.

I spent an amazing week at the Granny's Inn, in Sliema. It was my first time in Malta. The pictures don't lie; It is an amazing place. The interior design is awesome, with marble stairs, an incredible wooden banister (my regret, I didn't take a picture :() The persons in charge of the hostel makes you feel at home, they are very friendly, welcoming, open minded, and eager to give you tips, directions ... The hostel is spotless, cleaned from top to bottom every day, with clean bathroom (3: 1 on

I spent an awesome week at Granny's Inn Hostel. I had some problems with the bookings at first, but the staff was very helpful and friendly and came up with a perfect solution in the end. I met many wonderful people at the hostel and will definitely keep in touch with them! If you think about spending some time in Malta, Sliema, this is the place to be! Everything is in walking distance, free wifi and clean facilities are also provided.

• 17th Aug 2012