Grannys Hostel Reviews

Jl. Pura Martasari 28, Kuta, Indonesia

Awesome place to meet people! The staff is the absolute best too! I'd def stay there every time I go to Kuta.

I stayed there only for two nights but the staff made me feel like I lived at the grannys for years already! Very qualified and helpful guys with a lot of humor and they treat you more as a friend than as a customer. Very special in Kuta!

Just as everyone says. One of the best hostels for meeting people to hang out and travel with. The Lovina tour is really great! The staff is wonderful and the atmosphere is non-stop. Not too close to the beach but not a bad walk and taxis are cheap to share! The fun at granny's never stops!

Grannys is so far away from the beach (25 mins walking). The staff is cool. Atmosphere is unbelievable! With the exception of the location, i definitely recommend this hostel!! :)

I love this place and would stay here next time I go to kuta. The staff are so friendly and the atmosphere great! You feel like you're one big family! And they'll help you with anything you need!

Athmosphere in this hostel is awesome. Staff is so helpful, allways friendly and remembers your name, from your first to your last day. Maybe showers and toilets are not the comfortablest, but they do there job.

The staff and atmosphere of Granny's are Great. They're so friendly and chill and it's such a cool place to meet people. Even comes with breakfast in the morning. Only problem was that I got bedbugs there. The staff assured me they were Mosquitos, but they were definitely bed bugs. Just check your bed first for signs of bedbugs, and otherwise a great hostel.

Do their Lovina Tour!! Best tour on Bali

I loved it! A really good place to meet people and the staff was amazing and helpful. Thank you!!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Finland

Amazing atmosphere. You will easily meet people do go out with or to travel with! The location is not as amazing as the rest but a taxi to town takes about 5-10min and costs about 2-3$ and you always share the taxi anyway. Quiet at night! Best place to stay in Kuta in my opinion.

• 3rd Jul 2014

I usually avoid Kuta like the plague, yet a late night arrival meant that i spent a night at Granny's. This is the best hostel i've ever stayed at. It's big, clean, the atmosphere is great and staff are excellent. They got me completely set up for my travel through Indonesia. They picked me up from the airport, got a money exchanger to come to the hostel to change my money, organised my boat to the Gilis, and gave me plenty of helpful advice. The people at the Hostel were great too.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Brilliant hostel. Lovely atmosphere and great for meeting people, especially if you're travelling one your own. Staff are warm and welcoming, and everyone at the hostel is very friendly. One of my favourite places to stay.

• 30th Jun 2014

great staff! fun place to meet people. I ended up traveling around with people I met there for a bit. it's a bit far from the beach and they offer a shuttle for $1 but the traffic is so and that it's actually closer to walk. it took me 20 mins walking and about 35-40 on the shuttle! fun place, good atmosphere :)

The foods good. But the location is really poor since its 20mins walk away from anythibg and i got bedbugs but other than that its a alright place stay a couple nights.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Really great hostel, I only stayed in Kuta for one night prior to leaving Bali. I had an early flight the next day, but was able to chill out at the hostel in the evening and still get some sleep no problems. Seemed like an excellent place for a party as well. Only downside for me was the walking distance to the beach.

Lovely hostel , met great people. Toilets smelt and kitchen was dirty! But for a couple of nights stay it does the job!

• 2nd Jun 2014

Thank you so much for your review!! :) Our toilet smells sometimes, when our pipes dries up because if the hot climate here in Bali. We know about this and will start renovating a big part of our Hostel in July, so then we will also try and fix this problem. For the kitchen, our staff cleanes this many times a day!! But when our guests walk in and out of our kitchen all day, its hard to keep it 100% clean! But we will try to get better!! :)

My first experience at a hostel, it was unexpectedly awesome!

Cool to hear that your first experience in a hostel was great!! We hope you will now go and book you into many more hostel's around the world and that you ofcouers come back to us here at Grannys one day!! Love life!! :)

Loved the staff very warm and welcoming. They learned your names right away and made you feel at home. Did there best to meet pals accomidations. However they need to update there mattresses!

Thanks for your lovely review. After getting some negative comments about some of our mattresses, we have now changed the one that was broken. So now we hope everybody will have a lovely sleep in our dorms!! :)

The atmosphere in the hostel is great it' s a good place to meet travellers and that's why I came back. Met people I travelled throughout Bali with. They should definitely change the mattresses though

friendly staff (except the reception guy at the night shift) Smelly toilets and showers! you need a taxi to the airport, arrange it by yourself! I arrived to the hostel by bluebird taxi (12 am) the meter charged me IDR 34000. when I asked the reception to share a METER TAXI with other guests to go back to airport at 6 am. they promised me to arrange it. at 6am there was no arranged taxi as promised! the guy in the reception asked each one of us to pay 55000! and he dropped us off at the airport!