Grannys Hostel Reviews

Jl. Pura Martasari 28, Kuta, Indonesia

I wish I could stay there longer. Very nice owner, very nice staff, very nice people! I love granny's.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

Overwhelmingly nice, helpful and friendly staff. Dee, Heidi and Dimas it was a pleasure to meet you! The hostel is a bit off the beaten tracks, which is fine for Kuta. Best place to meet other people!!

I would totally stay here again!

Very good atmosphere. Perfect for lonely travellers that wanna meet people.

I was only there for a couple of hours. A young sociable crowd. Perfect if I was 10yrs younger. WiFi not working, but there is free wifi from a hotel couple buildings down.

Amazing hostel especially for a lone traveller it's probably the most social hostel I've ever stayed in and I've stayed in many! Basic facilities but everything else is great especially staff all so friendly and they get to know all guests names. Love the random jamming sessions in the evening and the trip to Lovina is fantastic, a must do when staying here a very cool experience. Prepare to stay here longer than expected!!!

This place has soul, attracts an awesome crowd and the staff truly make the stay worthwhile ... Love it

This has got to be the best hostel I have ever stayed at. Really friendly staff, amazing location and always full of talkative backpackers which is a bonus when you are travelling alone. Would really recommend anyone to stay here! And the BBQs are great.

I really liked the vibe which was going on in grannys hostel. Its really familliar and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was great! The wifi didnt work for a few days. For me it was quiet a big deal, because I had to check some university emails and book a flight. The staff let me use the computer from the reception, which solved my problem. Otherwise I didnt like the toilets or the showers. They were clean but smelly.

• 10th Mar 2014

I LOVE GRANNIES! Heidi and Balto go for it to make you feel super at home and looked after. They're awesome as are the rest of the staff-Dimas and Dee in particular! A quick pros/cons guide for Granny's Hostel: Cons first - not particularly clean, but most of it is open so there's only so much you can do! If you're a non smoker... good luck! (I'm a non smoker and it was a bit vile) Pros - awesome staff, backpackers and atmosphere, good food, accommodating, FUN and good trips! Love from CJ!

Staff at the hostel are very friendly and there' s alot activities you can do set up with the hostel! Nice friendly environment!

• 28th Feb 2014

I love this place! One of my favourite hostels! I met so many friends there and the staff are so relaxed and friendly! It's basic accommodations but it really feels like home! I was so sad to leave and I will definitely be back! So nice to walk into a hostel and hear "welcome home" from the staff! Highly Reccomend if you want to meet cool people! Also do the lovina tour, it's epic! Great times at granny's!! Love love love the granny's staff! :)

Loved this hostel. The staff is awesome- always took care of us and looked out for us. 11 of us from granny's did the overnight tour to Lovina and was a big highlight of my time in Indonesia. Made some good friends that not only did I continue to travel with but after leaving Indonesia- have ran into in se Asia and keep in touch with so many of them. STAY AT GRANNYS!! (Oh and free awesome breakfast)

Had a great stay here for a night, ended up staying the entire next day since the people were so cool! Loved the staff, felt like i had known them for days and they were very helpful and kind. Spoke perfect english and had a sense of humor. The prices were great. Provided free breakfast. Only issue is they should have fans in the common areas because the humidity is killer. Also they should invest in a better DVD player since we faced a lot of problems when trying to watch a movie.

Best hostel I've been during my travel. Perfect place to meet new backpackers. The staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is perfect, so good that you may end up spending more time in the hostel than planned;)

• 10th Feb 2014

I loved Granny's hostel! Dimas was amazing he made my time there the most memorable time in Bali. They offer different trips you can go on through the hostel, the staff are all super friendly and helpful. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Great atmosphere and people!

The atmsphere is very friendly, you can meet easely other backpackers, have a good time, the staff is really helpfull, they have a nice restaurant and bar with good prices, the backyard its big and nice to meet people and chill out. The only problem is far from the Kuta beach and city center (40 min walking), or you could share a taxi with some one.

Simple and genuine. That's what I really like about this place. Dimas is an awesome dude who's very friendly. Though we only manged to catch a night's stay, it was fun nonetheless. Love the staff! :)

• 4th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

The best place to meet other backpackers and have a really good time. Only thing.... ubication is a little bit far from the beach, better if you find someone else to share a taxi.

This place was fantastic. 10 minutes to Kuta centre, 15-30 minutes from the airport. Such a wonderful atmosphere, everyone was so friendly, the staff always remember your name, and the food is amazing. Try the pancakes! I'd highly recommend the Lavina tour they do every few days. Great way to meet the other travellers, and easy way to see the sights. Such great fun. Incredibly clean, and the 13 bed dorm isn't half as noisy as you'd expect. Perfect for backpackers or sociable guests!

« first « Prev 1 2 3