Grannys Hostel Reviews

Jl. Pura Martasari 28, Kuta, Indonesia

Granny's is the most amazing hostel ever. It's the perfect place for backpackers, you'll meet other travelers instantly. The staff is super friendly and caring. I was supposed to stay only two nights and ended up staying for 8 days and even went on the lovina tour the hostel is organizing which was one of the best experiences during my traveling! There is no place like granny's- go experience it!

• 14th Mar 2015

loved the place

I normally don't book anything in advance, but because I was arriving by plane and these guys had airport pickup I decided to try it out. I booked for two nights. They picked me up and immediately made me feel like a friend instead of just another paying customer. This feeling did not fade in the two weeks I stayed there. I actually did not want to leave, but time was running out. Ranga, Boy, Alan, Jopi, Jeijei, Gina, Robby, Deddy, Kuman and more, thank you for all the amazing memories!

I was staying in this hostel with a friend when in Kuta area. I like the staff here, the awesome guitarist and excellent chef Boy(yes!his name is BOY) is very comfortable to get along with. Driver Suri is very patient, check-in staff Jiejie is also very friendly. They are now under renovation and rebuilding, thus it is a little sandy and dusty in and outside the place. But don't worry, you will be impressed and warmly welcomed by a better Grannys hostel when you go there next time.

An amazing hostel with Fantastic staff All lovely and cater to all of your queries abd needs. Even remember your name. Now has a great pool recently built here. Very social and well run. Even picked me up from the airport for a small fee. Saving the hassle and overpriced expense of the airport taxis. Only downside is the far location from yhe beach but it's quite nice to be away from the Kuta nightlife and they dropped us at the beach when we wanted

When I stayed at Grannys last year, I enjoyed it and gave it a great review. It was quiet & I felt it was a nice alternative to the loud party hostels closer to the beach. Now it has just become another Kuta party hostel. I stayed up till well past midnight, singing and jamming with everyone because I knew I wouldn't get to sleep anyway with the noise downstairs. The staff is exceptionally nice and this hostel will appeal to a lot of people. Just not for me anymore.

noisy. but fun

Very disappointing. Firstly, the hostel is way too far. It's more like a 35-40 minute walk from the Hostel to the beach. It's not a fun or interesting walk either, having to cross through some roads with crazy traffic. The hostel does offer bus shuttle, but only at certain times. The beds are fine, but the fly nets have too many holes letting in too much insects to get bitten. There are bed bugs on my bed and some others. Social area is directly below beds, so it can be loud. Staff is ok.

It was a Great Time at grannys hostel. The staff is so friendly and you feel the whole Time like you are in a family! I recommend this hostel to everybody who visit kuta in bali! We also meet so many People and become Friends!

• 26th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

very nice breakfeast! door to my room could not be closed... staff is nice and helpful!

I've been traveled more than 25 countries and stayed numerous hostels around the world. GRANNYS is without doubt the best hostel I've ever stayed. it just feels like family which keeps me coming back. It is located outside the busy area of kuta and shuttle everyday to the beach and downtown. Now there is a newly-built gorgeous pool to chill out for lazy days!! the staff of grannys is the most friendly and helpful!!! especially the receptionists Gena, Jeijei and rangga!!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • China

It is like a family!! i really enjoy my stay here!!

• 8th Dec 2014
  • China

Great atmosphere and great staff! If ever in Kuta, I'll be staying here! :)

• 27th Nov 2014

Amazing hostel, staff are all incredibly friendly and welcoming and quick to make you feel right at home. There are quite a few long termers staying there and I'm not surprised! Great atmosphere, free breakfast, comfortable beds. Lots of Mosquitos though and small biting ants. Location is a bit out of the way, 30 min walk to Kuta but only $2/$3 in a taxi

• 23rd Nov 2014

Grannys ist the best place i have aver stayed in. After a warm welcome they had a barbecue in the beautiful garden (every tuesday and saturday) and the atmosphere was amazing. The people who work there became friends during my stay. I was meant to stay for one night and ended up there for ten days. I did the two day lovina tour which was fantastic too!

If your looking for a new family go to this hostel! There is a big chance you will: 1. Or never leave this hostel. 2 Or booking your stay right at the moment if you leave. 3. Or that your missing your Granny Family for the rest of your life. Go to this hostel if you want to meet nice people, have a good time, and stay in a save and clean environment! Besides the pancakes in the morning are great!

Had a fine stay but maybe wouldn't pick it next time! Staff were helpful and friendly but there were so many Mosquitos in the place it was uncomfortable to stay there! Haven't had this problem elsewhere. Quite far out of kuta but easy to get a taxi and pretty cheap! Great for airport transfers! Hostel has a lot of potential!!

stayed in a nice hostel with an laid back atmosphere and funny staff. wanted to check out after 2 nights, but i felt very sick probably because of some beach food i had, or probably way too many vodka redbulls who knows:) so i checked out but couldnt really move on. they asked me if i was ok and if they could help me. when i asked to shower they said yes of course and let me sleep in the entrance hall ( very very bad hangover) and offered me a ride to the next hostel when i wanted to go

Really great hostel!! Staff are so nice, great place to meet people! I had a lot of fun here :)

This is a very nice hostel in a quit area of Kuta, it is a bit far to walk to the beach or shopping/nightlife area of Kuta, so hiring a motorbike or taking a taxi is recommend. I really liked the staff, the are very friendly. The garden is nice to relax and mingle with other guests, although due to construction work it can be noise during day. I would go back here!