Grannys Hostel Reviews

Jl. Pura Martasari 28, Kuta, Indonesia

Great pool, staff, atmosphere! Could have more fans in rooms, otherwise perfect!

Great Atmosphere, amazing place to meet great people and great staff. I would definitely stay there again! Breakfast is delicious and included! The Food is great, they cook for you. I definitely recommand this place if you re traveling alone!

• 15th May 2015
  • Switzerland

Could add some shampoo or shower gel to the bathroom and the urinols don't make any sense where they are

Loved Granny's! It definitely has that home away from home vibe and I got to meet loads of great people, the kind that you decide to keep travelling with or make sure you cross paths with again. They do a great bbq night a couple of times a week and Mr Happy is always up for giving people a tour of the island, 'where no one else goes' :) The place is super clean, well laid out, with a bar and pool and plenty of chairs/hammocks to just chill out in. Definitely recommend!

• 3rd May 2015

Great place, nicest staff I've ever met at a hostel. So happy I found this place in Bali!

• 1st May 2015

I honestly cannot review this hostel highly enough. Its design is lovely and open, it is so pretty! The hostel is always clean, and the dorms are super spacious. It was very social, and easy to make friends, with plenty of common space. The staff is incredible!! Beyond friendly helpful and accommodating. Although it is a bit of a walk to the city hub/beach, it is not a bad walk, and the staff arrange taxis really quickly. One of the best hostels I have been to. Thanks for everything, Granny's!!

Super friendly staff and nice facilities! Breakfast is good - would definitely come back!

Great hostel, however the double room did not have a mosquito net.

The staff was unreal. The facility is brand new and very nice. They clean the rooms and change sheets everyday. I will definitely come back and would highly recommend it.

Stayed here twice during my trip to Bali. Good beds, good food and friendly and helpful staff. The airport pickup arrived on time and they even organised a trip to the north of the island which was one of the favourite parts of my trip. Will definately recommend this to everyone!

• 2nd Apr 2015
  • Norway

Granny's is the most amazing hostel ever. It's the perfect place for backpackers, you'll meet other travelers instantly. The staff is super friendly and caring. I was supposed to stay only two nights and ended up staying for 8 days and even went on the lovina tour the hostel is organizing which was one of the best experiences during my traveling! There is no place like granny's- go experience it!

• 14th Mar 2015

loved the place

I normally don't book anything in advance, but because I was arriving by plane and these guys had airport pickup I decided to try it out. I booked for two nights. They picked me up and immediately made me feel like a friend instead of just another paying customer. This feeling did not fade in the two weeks I stayed there. I actually did not want to leave, but time was running out. Ranga, Boy, Alan, Jopi, Jeijei, Gina, Robby, Deddy, Kuman and more, thank you for all the amazing memories!

I was staying in this hostel with a friend when in Kuta area. I like the staff here, the awesome guitarist and excellent chef Boy(yes!his name is BOY) is very comfortable to get along with. Driver Suri is very patient, check-in staff Jiejie is also very friendly. They are now under renovation and rebuilding, thus it is a little sandy and dusty in and outside the place. But don't worry, you will be impressed and warmly welcomed by a better Grannys hostel when you go there next time.

An amazing hostel with Fantastic staff All lovely and cater to all of your queries abd needs. Even remember your name. Now has a great pool recently built here. Very social and well run. Even picked me up from the airport for a small fee. Saving the hassle and overpriced expense of the airport taxis. Only downside is the far location from yhe beach but it's quite nice to be away from the Kuta nightlife and they dropped us at the beach when we wanted

When I stayed at Grannys last year, I enjoyed it and gave it a great review. It was quiet & I felt it was a nice alternative to the loud party hostels closer to the beach. Now it has just become another Kuta party hostel. I stayed up till well past midnight, singing and jamming with everyone because I knew I wouldn't get to sleep anyway with the noise downstairs. The staff is exceptionally nice and this hostel will appeal to a lot of people. Just not for me anymore.

noisy. but fun

Very disappointing. Firstly, the hostel is way too far. It's more like a 35-40 minute walk from the Hostel to the beach. It's not a fun or interesting walk either, having to cross through some roads with crazy traffic. The hostel does offer bus shuttle, but only at certain times. The beds are fine, but the fly nets have too many holes letting in too much insects to get bitten. There are bed bugs on my bed and some others. Social area is directly below beds, so it can be loud. Staff is ok.

It was a Great Time at grannys hostel. The staff is so friendly and you feel the whole Time like you are in a family! I recommend this hostel to everybody who visit kuta in bali! We also meet so many People and become Friends!

• 26th Dec 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

very nice breakfeast! door to my room could not be closed... staff is nice and helpful!