Grape Garden House Reviews

334-33 SeoGyo-dong, MaPo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Was made to feel welcomed, and they were interested in what id done and planned. Able to give good ideas when asked.

This hostel offers just the basics.

Clean and quiet. Super helpful staff--Min and his wife were great. If youre looking for a drunken foreigner party hostel, this is not the place. But if you want a clean, quiet place to come back to once youve done those things outside, this is the place. Also got to do laundry for free!

I stayed at Grape Garden House on my last 4 trips to Seoul because the place, staff, guests, location, and amenities are outstanding.

Really homely atmosphere, great staff, clean small guesthouse. Fantastic location, really close to metro and to the most lively part of Hongdae, yet the place itself is still very very calm. Staff really friendly, as well as all the guests; had an opportunity to enjoy some food (self-made as well!), drinks and jokes together. Really cosy place, no complaints. I would recommend it to everybody :)

Great place to stay with excellent staff, beautiful garden and rooftop terrace. It is a very relaxed place slap bang in the middle of the action in Seoul's university district. Only 2 bathroom/toilet combinations but this never caused any inconvenience or waiting while I was there. If I ever go back to Seoul I would definitely stay here!

very good place and wonderful owners and staff

many mosquitoes in my room, really bad

very cozy and good location!

The location is great and our room is super big and comfortable. However, I think there were insects bitting us at night. The manager Sue is very nice and helpful.

I had a really nice time here. It's clean, quiet, and in a good location. Luna was really nice, and so was the staff member Sue. I wish I could have stayed longer and I definitely recommend staying here.

Really enjoyed my stay here. I came in early and they allowed me to check in earlier than the scheduled time. Sue, the one who checked me in, was super sweet and helpful. The owners would come in everyday to check up on things and greeted guests as well. It felt like I was a guest visiting friends at their house. It was very comfortable and clean and right smack in hongdae area super close to hongdae station and access to the airport line! I totally recommend staying here!!

Great location, and Luna was wonderful! Very helpful and kind.

Thank you so much for the review. and i'm glad to hear that i was helpful. ^^ hopefully see you next time somewhere else. take care. - Luna.

Convenient location, and not difficult to find (though it would be a good idea to change your hostelword directions to send people the easier way). Clean and secure. My one complaint is that the quiet time rules are not followed consistently. It was still quieter than another hostel I've stayed in, though. If it was just the other guests making noise, I wouldn't object, but one night I stayed there I heard the owners talking (arguing) loudly in the common room late at night.

• 13th Apr 2014

Fantastic atmosphere, Luna and Min were very welcoming, helpful and showed how is daily life in Korea. In the hostel there is a family atmosphere, I would recommend this place to anyone who is planning to visit Seoul. Hongdae daebak! 건배 ! Na Zdrowie ! Salut ! Prost ! Cheers ! :) Greetings from Krystian and Gabriela from Poland

This hostel felt more like a guest house than a hostel. It was just a short walk from the metro stop and they gave great directions. They didn't hear the bell when I arrived so I called their number and they arrived shortly after from next door. It's a cute, cozy place and I will definitely stay there again when I go to Seoul. The owners, Luna and Min, were so helpful and they even took us out to a BBQ restaurant for dinner on Saturday night (we all split the bill). Great experience! Thanks.

Hey, Breanna! How are you doing? Sorry for making you wait that time. ^^ Glad to hear that you enjoyed staying here and the experience. And Thank you so much for the great review. Next time,when you visit here again, on time!! For sure! - Luna