Grape Garden House Reviews

334-33 SeoGyo-dong, MaPo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Convenient location, and not difficult to find (though it would be a good idea to change your hostelword directions to send people the easier way). Clean and secure. My one complaint is that the quiet time rules are not followed consistently. It was still quieter than another hostel I've stayed in, though. If it was just the other guests making noise, I wouldn't object, but one night I stayed there I heard the owners talking (arguing) loudly in the common room late at night.

• 13th Apr 2014

This hostel felt more like a guest house than a hostel. It was just a short walk from the metro stop and they gave great directions. They didn't hear the bell when I arrived so I called their number and they arrived shortly after from next door. It's a cute, cozy place and I will definitely stay there again when I go to Seoul. The owners, Luna and Min, were so helpful and they even took us out to a BBQ restaurant for dinner on Saturday night (we all split the bill). Great experience! Thanks.

• 5th Apr 2014

Hey, Breanna! How are you doing? Sorry for making you wait that time. ^^ Glad to hear that you enjoyed staying here and the experience. And Thank you so much for the great review. Next time,when you visit here again, on time!! For sure! - Luna

Best hostel I have stayed in, the owners are incredibly helpful. The setup for the common area is great for meeting people, highly recommended for solo travelers. Location is excellent, one side street away from middle of hongdae(sp), the hostel is quiet but you are minutes away from restraunts, shops, bars, ect... Rooftop terrace was an added bonus. Steve Canada

Thank yo so much for the great review Steve! Take care and Good luck? Hopefully see you next time again! -Luna.

Really excellent with incredibly nice staff. I went during off season, so I wasn't really able to meet anyone, but the lovely owners made up for it. This definitely has a "guesthouse" feel, as opposed to a full on hostel. Low key and enjoyable.

Excellent location and very helpful / friendly staff. Luna was even kind enough to take us out for Korean BBQ one night to teach us the local way of doing things. It definitely has a guesthouse feel which I find great in a hostel.

Min is awesome, great place, great value!

I feel very lucky to have stumbled upon this hostel. The owners are amazingly friendly, laid-back, and fun to be around. From joining us for a game of cards or personally guiding us to a great Makgeolli bar, they went above and beyond to make sure we had a good time. I made friends there from around the world and will make sure to go back if I ever return to Seoul.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Hot showers! Much hotter than I can get at my apartment in Daegu. But only two showers to share with everyone else in the hostel. Luckily it was never a problem, but it very easily could have been.

• 21st Jan 2014

Had an awesome stay with Min and Luna definitely the homeliest stay out of all the places we went to in korea! Friendly atmosphere clean and in a really awesome area Hongdae! It was so easy to find many thanks to Min and Luna for their hospitality.

I had a wonderful stay. It really felt like home!

• 19th Jan 2014

Min (the owner) was courteous and helpful. Hada a big room all for myself, in the attic. Was cold, but mnaged to use electric heather and was fine. Very quiet at night a nice atmosphere. Other guests (who I met briefly) were friendly.

loved it! Don't bother looking for anywhere else in Seoul. Its a great place to stay!

Easy to find, hospitable!!

The cosiest and nicest hostel I've lived in! You actually can find a home there!

Clean and warm rooms, wonderful staff and in a great location. Couldn't ask for more from a hostel. Thank you, I'll definitely be back!

Great hostel in the heart of Hongdae. Luna and the gang are fun people and will happily go out to dinner with you so you get a real Korean experience. Sue even took us out clubbing (thank you Sue), was fun without being a total party hostel where you can't sleep.

Very nice guest house with the "home feel". Even though its located in a quiet street, it will take you few minutes to get in the middle of a party area.

Min and Luna were so nice, had a great time hanging out with them and the guests in the nearby places in hongdae. One trip is never enough

A great location with friendly staff. We only stayed for one night, but would definitely stay again. Seemed like a great place for a longer term stay too.

I had an excellent time at Grape Garden House. I especially enjoyed going out for BBQ with my hosts, as well as talking with my hosts in the comfort of the hostel. It felt very home-like. If I come back through Seoul I'll definitely try and stay here again! Also, the hostel is very convenient for the subway.