Great Glen Hostel Reviews

South Laggan, Spean Bridge, Loch Ness, Scotland

A luxurious stopover after several preceding nights at a basic bunkhouse. Lovely proprietress who made us at home. Comfortable and clean.

I was in room 3. This room is a disaster!!!!!!! It is the size of a box room and is situated next to the car park entrance door so every time someone came in the door would slam behind them, it also backs on to the kitchen, so when the hungry hoards come home for tea i was subjected to 4 hours(6- 10) of crash bang wallop. Also right next to the room is the dining room, it to was full of very loud people (mainly Dutch) who stayed up until 3am!. I had no little rest and left really hacked off!

• 24th Jul 2015

Extremely helpful warden with a well stocked front desk!

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Wales

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Great Glen hostel. My two kids and I had a family room for 3 nights which met our requirements and expectations fully. Very clean and very comfortable. Everyone very friendly and helpful. Great location to visit Loch Ness, Skye and the Highlands.

• 23rd Jul 2015

This is a really nice, very clean, homey hostel that's well equipped with a decent supply of groceries for sale. Wifi works well and the folks at the front were very welcoming and knowledgeable! Great spot on the Great Glen Way hiking path.

It would be nice if it is possible to ad a breakfast to book.

• 21st Jul 2015

Our only wee concern is that there were too few toilets on each floor.

• 18th Jul 2015

For walkers on the Great Glen Way, a further 2 mile walk to the "Barge" was almost a step too far.

• 16th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Good sized kitchen. Nice lounge/dining area. Bathrooms were immaculate and dorm rooms were large and airy. One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

This is a very clean, very friendly place in a beautiful location. The room was nice and warm and the shared bathroom was really clean and not too busy. The hostel has a large, very well equipped kitchen and a lovely common area with tables and sofas. Would have loved to stay longer, thanks Great Glen Hostel!

• 11th Jul 2015

Staff were lovely, very welcoming and helpful - and it was an added bonus that we didn't have to make our own beds on arrival. The little shop was really useful too. All very clean and secure. There isn't loads of atmosphere, maybe because there are no communal mealtimes that bring everyone together. And I think it's still quite expensive (for one adult and one child - we have to have a private room so at more than £50 it's almost as expensive as the cheapest bed and breakfast).

• 6th Jul 2015

This is a fantastic Hostel. I traveled with two colleagues on the Great Glen Walk. We have a great number of years between us and were absolute in the fact that this is possibly the best hostel we have ever stayed at. The hostel Caretaker had an excellent gift with customer service. Cleanliness of the facility was exceptional, will visit again.

• 5th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

I love this hostel. Even though I’d not visited for nearly a decade, I was given a huge welcome when I arrived with my three friends, who were equally overwhelmed by the warmth of Kirsty, her children and colleagues. Its location in the Great Glen, near to two Munros, the Caledonian Canal, a wonderfully quirky bar on a boat, and not too far from other great mountains such as those in the Knoydart, mean that during my years of two rounds of Munros, the Great Glen Hostel became an oft-visited sit

• 3rd Jul 2015

Very nice stay at this wee hostel near the great glen way walk near motor way. The owner was very helpful. They have this tiny little shop, where you can get every day items for travel. The location is just perfect. The hostel was very clean and good kitchen with free coffee and tea facility. If i have a chance, i will definitely will come back.

An excellent hostel with friendly staff and all the facilities you need.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Scotland

One of the best hostels we have stayed in. Everything was very clean and tidy. well stocked store as well.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

No hot water for shower was a bit of a disappointment. Left early in morning but wouldn't have thought that should have made a difference. Mind you there's always the possibility I missed some necessary procedure other than just turning the tap on.

• 29th Jun 2015

Solid hostel. No complaints.

Fantastic hostel , they are very friendly, welcoming! I would here!!

Very helpful staff