Great Glen Hostel Reviews

South Laggan, Spean Bridge, Loch Ness, Scotland

Absolutely nice staff and atmosphere. They gave excellent advise about what to do in this area of Scotland and was very helpful with any problem we had. The facility are great with a nice eating area and a well equipped kitchen. In addition there is a TV area and a computer with free internet connection as well as free Wifi. We would definitely rebook the Great Glen Hostel

• 1st Jun 2014

Just back from walking Great Glen Way with 2 friends. Very enjoyable but varied standards of accomodation. I never write reviews but wished to ensure Great Glen Hostel gets a good write up. It was fantastic value, lovely staff and the place was spotless. Best stay of the trip. Comfy beds, great showers and a better kitchen than I have at home. Great place to relax. Another bonus was the well stocked 'shop' at reception. Sold everything required from plasters to evening, morning meals. Thank yo.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Well, it was a hostel, so I wasn't expecting much. Fortunately, I arrived before the owner decided to go out cycling, otherwise I would have been sat waiting for him (as indeed someone else was). There were limited options for breakfast, as I had not brought my own food; I had resigned myself to a Pot Noodle but the desk wasn't open when I got up at 8am, so I left hungry. There was a computer in the room which I thought was a nice touch, until I realised it wouldn't actually power on.

• 31st May 2014

Best place to stay near Loch Ness at affordable price

A very nice hostel with very helpful staff. One small improvement that would be greatly appreciated would be the provision of more electric kettles (or a boiling water dispenser) and dish towels. Especially in the morning when everyone is rushing around trying to make tea and fill flasks, one electric kettle is not enough. And providing only 2 tea towels meant they were soon wet and people started leaving their dishes to dry. Two small improvements that would make this hostel great.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Scotland

Thanks for your comments David. We've had a long-term issue with the electrical circuit in the kitchen which has meant we've been unable to have more than one kettle in use at any time: however we've very happy to say that we've been listening to customer requests and have just installed a new tea and coffee hot water boiler which will hopefully solve this problem. Sorry to hear there weren't enough teatowels left out - there are always clean ones available from reception.

Mixed age group mainly over 41 but with a 17 year old too! Walking the Great Glen Way

• 23rd May 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Only one microwave as everyone in our party needed to use it to cook meals so caused a problem

• 16th May 2014
  • Scotland

Would be good if the external drying room door was kept locked as expensive clothing / footwear left there.

• 15th May 2014
  • Scotland

A very clean Hostel. The staff were all very helpful & friendly. I will definitely tell my friends about your place. Facilities were outstanding. If I visit again I will certainly try to book in again. Thank you Jean

• 13th May 2014
  • South Africa

Great hostel, clean, comfortable, excellent facilities, very friendly and helpful staff.

• 12th May 2014

Superb hostel. I was particularly impressed by the new washrooms - I've stayed at expensive hotels which have lacked anything approaching this standard of facility.

Wonderful private room with unexpected bonus of a computer and wifi. Great shower facility and nice kitchen and dining area.

• 10th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

A fantastic hostel with well thought out features

• 2nd May 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

excellent facilities nice and clean would definately stay again

• 2nd May 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Friendly and helpfull staff. Certainly would recommend this Hostel to other people who would like to visit the Highlands.

• 26th Apr 2014

Hostel is ideally located for walking the West Highland Way. Excellent facilities including single rooms and small dorms.

• 22nd Apr 2014

Don't often write reviews but this was one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in

• 20th Apr 2014

Good value for money, specially if you're into trekking through highlands

Very nice hostel and staff.

Only one kettle in the kitchen - totally inadequate