Great Glen Hostel Reviews

South Laggan, Spean Bridge, Loch Ness, Scotland

Great Glen Hostel was a great find for our family of six. We rented out a room for five and a room for two that were co-located and close to a bathroom. Rooms each had their own computers and a good wifi signal. The common areas were large and well equipped. We arrived by car, but the hostel was easily accessible to public bus transportation. Overall. Excellent value for money in a great location!

• 3rd Aug 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It was good stay. there was only thing with my trip. i booked for 5 people , however we turn up 4 people. i tried to call a day before however it went to answer machine. when we checked in we have been charged for 5 as it could have been charged for 4 people staying in the hostel.

• 2nd Aug 2014
  • Pakistan

The one suggestion that I would make is to post the hours off the front desk/grocery shop. We had planned a very early departure and would have purchased our breakfast supplies the night before had we known the desk only opened at 8:00AM. I acknowledge that we failed to ask the nIght before, which would also have solved our problem. Otherwise, we had a very pleasant stay and found the common kitchen to be superbly equipped.

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thanks guys for making my short stay at the Great glen Hostel so enjoyable, I only wished I could have stayed longer. I

• 18th Jul 2014

we only stayed a night but would sleep tree again.

• 11th Jul 2014

Great hostel, great location

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

When I stayed at the hostel it was very quite, so I can't give an good or excellent rating because I didn't see any other travellers!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Fabulous! Just one suggestion : a real door with a lock system for showers.

Clean and comfortable hostel. Helpful and friendly staff. I deal base for climbing Loch Lochy munros.

This is a great place to stay, helpful and friendly staff, good facilities, great location, and other hostellers that actually talk to each other! good to see that it is still being run as a hostel after being sold by SYHA.

Probably the best hostel in Scotland.

Really need to have a car to make the most of this location, though we travelled here by bus.

Thoroughly enjoyable stay, very relaxed atmosphere. stunning locations

Absolutely nice staff and atmosphere. They gave excellent advise about what to do in this area of Scotland and was very helpful with any problem we had. The facility are great with a nice eating area and a well equipped kitchen. In addition there is a TV area and a computer with free internet connection as well as free Wifi. We would definitely rebook the Great Glen Hostel

• 1st Jun 2014

Just back from walking Great Glen Way with 2 friends. Very enjoyable but varied standards of accomodation. I never write reviews but wished to ensure Great Glen Hostel gets a good write up. It was fantastic value, lovely staff and the place was spotless. Best stay of the trip. Comfy beds, great showers and a better kitchen than I have at home. Great place to relax. Another bonus was the well stocked 'shop' at reception. Sold everything required from plasters to evening, morning meals. Thank yo.

• 1st Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 41+

Well, it was a hostel, so I wasn't expecting much. Fortunately, I arrived before the owner decided to go out cycling, otherwise I would have been sat waiting for him (as indeed someone else was). There were limited options for breakfast, as I had not brought my own food; I had resigned myself to a Pot Noodle but the desk wasn't open when I got up at 8am, so I left hungry. There was a computer in the room which I thought was a nice touch, until I realised it wouldn't actually power on.

• 31st May 2014