Green Culture Eco Hostel Reviews

Rua Dr. João Guerra, Chapeu Mangueira, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Green Culture Eco Hostel would be the place to stay in if you really want to have a nice time in Rio. The staff made us feel like one of the family. Pablo took us on fantastic adventures and the whole staff helped us out if we had any questions. The hostel itself is very cosy and has an amazing view over the city and Copacapana beach. Don´t worry if you travel alone because the atmosphere in the hostel is so amazing that you never want to leave! I really had the time of my life here!!

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

Really nice place to stay at vocation in Rio with fantastic view and atmosphere of everlasting holliday! Personal thanks to Pablo (Hostel keeper) for arranging our free time fulfilling it with different amazing and unforgettable activities (bloco carnival party and hiking on the hill at Ipanema are fixed as one of the unbelievable activities in my life) - that was the great Carnival'2014 time!!! ;-))

• 28th Feb 2014
  • Russia

The Green Culture Eco Hostel I was well recieved by pablo and instantly felt at home in this hostel. I felt safe in the favela and people was really nice and they even helped me find the hostel, so that was nice. It has a spectacular sea and beach view were I enjoyed my coffes in the morning and some good drinks in evening. I fed the little monkeys from the balcony, so that was so cool. Pablo and his crew took me to the best beaches and really good parties! I will definitely return... Soon!

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Sweden

I was welcomed with open arms by Pablo and Johanna, who took everybody for an amazing tour through the favela's and surrounding jungle that made it unnecessary for me to visit Pão de Açúcar. They helped me out with everything, organized BBQ's and Pablo even teached me how to bodysurf. In total I stayed 9 nights and I never felt unsafe or had the feeling that my belongings where at risk. Staying in a favela's is a great experience you can't bear to mis when visiting Rio. Definitely recommend it.

• 28th Dec 2013

Our stay of 2 weeks at the Green Culture Eco Hostel was amazing. From the first moment on we felt as a part of the "family" with fiestas, friends, barbecues, favela-/jungle-trips and lots of helpful information. In contrast to the prejustices some people may have, the athmosphere in the favela is really great. We definitely felt safe during day and night. We would absolutely recomment this Hostel, Pablo an Johanna are so lovely people and make everything for you to have a beautiful stay in Rio.

• 28th Dec 2013