Green Culture Eco Hostel Reviews

Rua Dr. João Guerra, Chapeu Mangueira, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I loved staying at the Green Culture Eco Hostel, located high up in a beautiful pacified favela it offers a great view. It's a short walk to the beach but not an easy one. Thanks to all the staff there for making me feel welcome. Would happily recommend.

Ace hostel. Great location, right by the beach and in a super safe and friendly favela. All the staff are cool and will always help your time in Rio be as good and fun as it can be. I can't recommend this hostel more!

• 30th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

This hostel offeres a view of Rio not often experienced. Those willing or wanting to put aside the the wonderful but crazy and fast paced parts of the city can end up enjoying what I found to be a very heartfelt And relaxing paradise. The location alone proves an experience worth any efforts, but the staff and atmosphere are the true gems of this hostel. I recommend highly a stay, possible after you've gotten you're partying done with. Thanks Pablo and family/staff! I will be back!!

• 19th Jul 2015
  • US Virgin Islands

This is easily, one of my favourite hostel experiences in my years of travelling! An excellent hostel with wonderful people, in a superbly friendly and cool favela. And the beach was just a walk down the hill! Pablo was superb, he was friendly, helpful a great host, and ensured all our needs were met. I had an issue of an overcharge in my credit card and Pablo had it resolved in lightning speed - thank you! And thank you everyone at Green Culture Eco Hostel - you left great memories for me!

It was my first time to stay in a hostel and Green Culture exceeded my expectations not just because of its good location but also because of the people I get to interact with. People had a lot of stories to share and you'd just be amazed hearing them all. And also, this hostel has a very cozy ambiance and a relaxing vibe with all its hammocks. I had a really great time and I'll be coming back without a doubt. Thank you!

Such a great hostel, you would be crazy to miss it! Chilled vibes and great genuine people. The favelea is safe and great location, beach & supermarket 10 mins away. Really hope to be back soon !!

Friendliest, most relaxed and greatest hostel I have ever stayed at!! And that;s saying a lot:-)

• 18th Jun 2015

Great vibes and Really friendly and helpfull stuff and owners who made My staying in rio a great experience. We Were even all out together, had nice BBQ and so on. Felt At home, comfortable, chill, clean and exciting. Location is awesome since you Are only a stroll Down to The beach but still get to experience a beautifull and peacefull favela wish was probably The best thing and most authentic with My trip to Rio. Will definitely go back and stay At Green culture. Miss it already!

• 6th May 2015
  • Sweden

Best Thing: Location!!! Going to Rio means you'll talk and hear about favelas. So why not staying in a Hostel, owner-operated, self-constructed with recycled materials, fantastic ocean-view and friendly well-travelled hosts Pablo and Wilma in Chapeau-Mangueira (a Favela). Must do in Rio! Only one tiny little downside: a bit to much staff... Cheers guys

What can I say best hostel that i stayed so far and maybe in all my life , Pablo and the stuff are super friendly, you will feel like in a big family start from the beginning, the view is ambelivable, the kitchen have everything you need and when I say that trust me I'm a chef so I really care about it! The locatio is super good in this friendly favela people are very nice.... Thax a lot greenculture

• 20th Mar 2015

This is great little hostel. The location lets you experience rio for real. The staff is really nice and everyone is social. A bit of a boys club at times though...

Absolutely loved this hostel for so many reasons- its up there with one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. For people who want a great experience of Rio, the area is vibrant, friendly and considerably cheaper than its neighbors. Very centrally located and a few minutes walk from the beach! Pablo and Wilma are wonderful and truly ready to help with anything, you will feel so much more at home than in any standard hostel. Hostel itself is always spotless with the most incredible view!

The location is good as if's in a great favela, 15min walk to the beach down a steep hill. The owner is very nice and the wifi works great. This is however a basic hostel in size an amenities. It could benefit from better cleaning. Overall a good experience

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels