Green Culture Eco Hostel Reviews

Rua Dr. João Guerra, Chapeu Mangueira, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

great place to stay, quite a trek to get to but you feel a part of the friendly favela community upon arrival. the atmosphere is a mix of relaxation and fun, an amazing view from the treehouse type common area. Pablo was helpful and generous, felt like a family. and the best WiFi connection I've had so far! extremely hot in the dorm rooms,but it was summer time, so to be expected.

What a great place! Toootally recommend it if you want to feel at home, have good fun, with great atmosphere, partying or relaxing on a hammock looking at Rio's nice sea. Pablo and all his crew are amazing, all helpfull and caring. Place is clean and very comfortable. Coming back for sure!

I've had a splended time here, the location is great! Only 5 minutes to go to the beach, the people were fun and u really felt like "home" . The staff took us on diffrent trips, waterpark, hikes up to the christ and my personal favourite, they took us to Lapa wich was so mych fun, its a famous street party but with clubs along the street.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

We had an awesome time here. Pablo is an amazing host: kind, interesting and chilled. He does some amazing walks around Rio. The social areas are great to relax in and chat to the other very nice guests that are staying there. We loved the location in this pacified favela, which was a ten minute walk or so from the beach. There's a hill to get there, but you can get a cheap moto taxi up it (although we enjoyed the walk!) The bedrooms have fans and the bathrooms are super clean too.

I have been to many hostels around the world and for me this has to have been the best. The people were awesome, the view was amazing, and I've never felt more comfortable. It felt like I was staying at a friends house with all my other friends. I would definitely recommend staying here.

I loved it. From the first second on I felt like I was a part of the team. They took care of me and I tried to do the same for them. We went out together and even though I haven't planned a thing for my trip I've experienced fully packed couple of days. I am missing it already and can't wait to come back. The Favela is safe and fairly close to the beach. I loved to spend every spare moment in the hammocks with the best possible view over Copacabana. See you soon Pablo, Isabella and Junior!

• 17th Nov 2014

Go with an open heart. Many awesome activities on offer. Copacabana, ipanema, lapa steps. Pretty beautiful

• 15th Nov 2014
  • New Zealand

Friendly and useful staff, wish you all the best!

At any time I felt secure in the streets and very welcome in the hostel. The staff is very friendly and speaks English, Spanish, Swedish and Portgues. I would recommend the hostel to anyone who wants to meet people and have opportunities to accompanied tours in the city.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels