Green Culture Eco Hostel

Superb 169 Total Reviews
Superb 169 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 31-40
13th Feb 2017

Magic was there! As a couple, we absolutely enjoyed our overnight stay. We had to catch a bus back to sao Paolo following day. View, hospitality,and staff who are volunteering there were truely good hearted people. Don't hesitate to stay there if you want authentic place to experience Rio! Thanks

• England, Male, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

Brilliant stay. i wanted to experience a favela first hand and staying here did just that, I felt so welcome and everyone was extremely friendly. Breakfast could be a bit better but apart from that I had an amazing stay thanks to Pablo and his family. A memory that will last forever.

• Brazil, Female, 25-30
24th Jan 2017
8.0

I made this reservation for some friends, so I'll make this review based on what they told me. They said it was a interesting experience, but an expected one. The hostel itself is quite nice, with some wildlife around, the staff was very friendly. There's basically one shared room, and the door was kept open 'cause of the heat, but that wasn't actually a problem 'cause everyone was trustworthy. The location is on a pacified community, but it can be difficult to access. A pleasant stay, overall.

18th Jan 2017

Probably one of the best hostel I've stayed! The location is great if you wanna go chill at the beach or explore Rio. The view is amazing and it is perfect to relax in the hammocks. Pablo and the staff were awesome, they gave me very helpful tips about the city, what to do and where to have fun. Although the hostel is in a favela, I felt really safe and even extended my stay! If you want to have a good time in Rio, it's the place :)

• Ireland, Male, 25-30
10th Jan 2017

Very rarely really leave reviews but had to here, I've stayed in over 200 hostels and this is definitely one of my favorites . there is such a cool homely atmosphere that is so rare in a lot of hostels, the view is amazing and Pablo, the host, is one of the coolest guys you will meet,

• Israel, Couple, 18-24
9th Jan 2017

Probably the Best place in Rio we booked for 2 days and stayed for 9 and even came back after a month, we met so many friends including the staff which are amazing people, the hostel is located in leme in a very authentic place with monkey in the trees and good view on leme an copacabana! Very recomended!!

9th Jan 2017

The owners are great ! They help a lot and were super nice! the hostel is clean and comfortable

28th Dec 2016

My sister and I had a great time staying here! The staff was amazing and didn't hesitate to help us with anything we needed. The hostel is in a favela so the walk up to the top of the hill is a bit tough but once you get there the fire is amazing! My sister and I are two very American looking 20 somethings and never felt unsafe in the favela or the surrounding area. Only downside was that since we were there for New Years it was really hot throughout Rio and the hostel didn't have AC.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
19th Dec 2016

Nice Hostel in the middle of local people. So close to the beach! The viel is wonderful and you can see little sweet monkeys on the tree next to the hostel!

• Israel, Female, 25-30
16th Dec 2016

The hostel was OK the owners were very friendly and initiated activities. Breakfast was great and the view is nice. Downfall that my cheats were not clean and there was nice at night from a neighbor who plays music late on friday