Green Field Hotel Reviews

423 Cua Dai St, Hoi An, Vietnam

Do not stay here, the staff are so rude and don't speak English, it's as if you're inconveniencing them anytime you ask them something. The day I arrived there was a pile of rubbish in my room that had been there for days and didn't even belong to the other people in my dorm. I told the staff off and all they did was state at me, no apology.

Don't stay here whatever you do, worst hostel ever. The staff don't speak English and are straight out rude.

I was very disappointed in my stay at this guest house. The door to my room did not lock. The air conditioning didn't work properly and the room was very small for something that was meant to be 'deluxe'. The plug in the tub would get stuck and wouldn't come out - which meant standing in dirty shower water when trying to take a shower. This hotel is not worth the price. It is highly over priced for the service we received and the presentation/ problems with the room itself.

Greenfield was better than I'd expected. Chill and almost empty in low season. Blankets, wifi, great hot shower. Soap included, plus towel. AC great, pool decent. Staff nice at check in but made me move out of the lobby the next day where i was reading next to my bags so they could welcome other (higher) paying guests! Construction annoying. Bike rental great deal. Don't miss old city at night!

Was a nice stay at green field hotel. Good to have a pool and to be close to the old town. But don't buy train tickets at the reception. You pay double whithout being informed about a service fee or something like that.

• 9th Apr 2014

So to clarify what's been said on other reviews against my own experience: 1) There are deposit boxes in the dorm rooms to store valuables 2) yes there is a hole in the dorm washroom but it flows down to another drain on the other side. 3) room does smell funny sometimes but it's other traveler's etiquette too. It is actually a HOTEL so facilities are well equipped. Beware that despite Hoi An hotels saying they will pick you up from bus stops. NONE OF THEM DO! My stay was pleasant & staff =nice.

As soon as we try to check in we were treated in a really impolite way. But the worst part was when we checked out, all that begins. When we told them that we were leaving they kicked us out of the hotel. Really unfriendly and impolite staff. About the room, dorms are not good, without windows, the aircon wasn`t working, and the bathroom was quite dirty. At the end we moved to other hotel and for the same price we were in a really nice double room.

I chose this place because it was cheap. But I really wouldn't recommend it. The staff was super unfriendly, even bitchy once as I changed my plans although I told early enough to cancel my ticket. The dorms have a open door policy, for the room door but also for the bathroom door. My bedsheets weren't changed as I arrived and I had a used towel on my bed. As I asked for a letterbox to send my postcards they told me that they could send it. 4 postcards still didn't arrive, 2 months later.

Good price, needs to be improved

Very nice hotel, great staff and very clean, only problem was no lockers in the dorms so I pretty much had to take my valuables with me everywhere I went as I didn't feel safe leaving them in the dorm, other than that it's a very nice place in a good location!!

Dorm room smelled a humidity, toilet and shower in the same spot, dorms doesnt have lockers. Staff doesnt explain anything to you. Great breakfast but it is not included in the rooms price.

Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Clean towels and sheets every two days. Drainage in the bathroom terrible so bathroom was a constant swimming pool, also toilet handle hanging off. Only bad thing about staff was they did not knock before coming into room. Guy I'm my room had just come out of the shower and was getting changed and lady cleaners just opened door.

The pool was nice but the rooms smelled really bad. A problem was also that we were not able to lock the door to the dorms. The breakfast is not included, stay at sunflower instead that had an amazing breakfast!

There was a hole in our bedroom floor and they tried to give me a dirty bed. No keys to the room and when I came home after a night out my door was locked and the front man refused to open it - which just caused me to bang on the door until someone answered.

No lockers provided for dorm rooms; no locks on the doors. Many things broken, or in bad condition, showing a lack of care by the management. Staff was poorly trained perhaps: often barged into dorm rooms. No privacy. Didn't clean the dorm rooms often enough. Dorm room near lobby is terribly loud and smells of mould. They should notify guests about the breakfast buffet- I found out on the 5th day of my 6th day stay. The food was good.

Nice hotel, clean and helpful staff. Wifi is poor!

• 4th Feb 2014

Nice hotel with pool, internet access poor, dorm rooms good but nowhere to store belongings

This hotel seem fine when we arrived. Staff friendly and helpful. We left for lunch and they put 2 other people in our room even though our bags were in the room. never mind we were happy to move rooms. second night we got a private room to wake up to the roof leaking on our bed. told staff but they wanted to charge us extra for another room. after a long discussion with them they finally moved us to a bigger room but since it was a family room they put a stranger with us. Not happy with stay