Green Forest Hostel Reviews

110-25, South Zhongshan Rd, Guilin, China

I really like staying here. The staff were really helpful and booked our return tickets to Shanghai. We booked a tour to go to the Liriver and it was very good.

The staff here are all very friendly and with excellent English overall. The location is only a couple of minutes from the bus or train station so it's impossible to get lost. I'll stay here again for sure! Thank you guys!

Totally different stay to before. No atmosphere, rude, flippant staff. Someone had a keycard to our room that worked and came in at past midnight. This was followed by knocking and the staff racing up and down the corridors til very late. Food is poor and overpriced. Guy gave me my butter using his fingers?! Good for stations but there must be better ones nearby. The 'river view' rooms are barely technically correct. Reckon the staff are on the take. Don't bring valuables in there.

Awesome location! Our room is very clean and they changed our towels each day. The only downside was the wifi connection in our room was not working very well. Staff were always ready to go the extra mile to help you out and the atmosphere in bar area was chilled and friendly. Food was delicious, offering Chinese and Western food as well as a wide range of drinks and cocktails. The location is perfect, in the heart of guilin. Would definitely stay here again and would definitely recommend this h

Green Forest Hostel in Guilin is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Everyone that works there is so friendly and fun to talk to, and they always take really good care of me. I was there for Qing Ming Jie, and they threw a big dumpling party, where the staff and guests made dumplings and drank beers and told stories together. It was lots of fun. I hope to go back to Guilin many more times, because it is such a beautiful city, and when I do, I will always choose to stay at Green Forest.

• 5th Apr 2015

Hello,happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thru our door.-From Green Forest team .

Great location near train and bus stations. Even though it's just off the main road has a secluded feel as it's surrounded by trees and on the river. Nice atmosphere when we there; people talking instead of hunching over a screen! Can defo recommend

Hello,glade to hear you a had great time at our hostel. every postive review is a great encouragement to our staff here at green forest hostel.-From green forest team.

Awesome place - Great location, Very helpful staff, Wicked lay-out, Decent bar and Awesome vibes! Ronny especially was a really helpful guide, enjoyed his free city tour & hiking very much - though all the staff were awesome and speak clear English. The package tours they offered were pretty good too, I especially enjoyed the river cruise. Definitely staying here again on my next trip to China.

• 31st Mar 2015

I stayed only for on night, the hostel is in a quiet corner, but the walls are very thin so you can hear anyone in the coridor or in the next rooms, so not so good if you want to sleep! Otherwise the staff was helpfull and the hostel is close to the bus station

• 25th Mar 2015

Hello, thank you so much for your stay here and give us the feed back. so sorry about the situation when you were here. We will try our best to make here more comfortable for everyone here under our team work. Hope to see you again and have a nice day!-From greenforest team.

It was a wonderful place! the staff was very friendly and helpful. It was very very clean and had a pretty good location

Hello, thank you so much for your stay here and give us the highly feed back. We will try our best to make here more comfortable for everyone here . Hope to see you again and have a nice day!-From greenforest team.

It was a great hostel with a very good location. The staff was awesome and offered a city walk, ronny showed us around and had many good stories to tell about China. The rooms were light and spacious. The common room had good entertainment( a wii as well! ) and they offer good food. The computers were not working properly, the rest was very good :)

I really enjoyed my stay here and this hostel ,The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful. The breakfast offering was also really good and affordable.I will definitely stay here again.

Nice little hostel with chilled atmosphere. Quite quiet there.

Hello, happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thru our door.-From Greenforest Hostel.

Great Hostel, good location (very close to bus /train station), nice staff, great hostel bar/café, lots of information. I booked a dorm room but got put in a nice 4-bed-room. I'd definitely stay there again.

• 10th Mar 2015

Hello, thanks for the postive feedback we're here at guilin green forest hostel are very proud of our .From Green forest team.

The hostel is very beautiful and the staff are very helpful , this is the best hostel in china !

Hello,Thank you for the positive feedback as always our staff strives to make everyone feel at home here at Guilin green forest hostel

I stayed there with two friends in a 4 bed room, which didn´t have a window, but the rest was fine. We really enjoyed our stay there because the staff is so so friendly and helpful. In the common room you feel like you are in your living room, there is such a relaxing and welcoming atmosphere. Moreover, you can get there cheap drinks and delicious chinese (and western) food. Would definitely stay there again!

Hi ,thanks for your feed back,we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel,and it also proves our good service,and we will go for better ,thanks again and have a good day.

Friendly staff, great location. It is by the bus station and by the river.

Hi, Thank you for the awesome feedback . we are glade we were able to help to on your journey. welcome back anytime . -From greenforest team.

Green Forest Guilin was great! The staff was extremely helpful in answering all questions about Guilin and what to book for tours and day trips, and they couldn't have been nicer people. They threw a big Chinese New Year party that was a lot of fun, and I extended my stay in Guilin 5 extra days, in part because I enjoyed my stay at Green Forest so much. I can't wait to go back!

• 18th Feb 2015

hello,zhuoshi.thanks again for the positive reviews. we're glade you've enjoyed our new year party . whenever possible the staff is more then happy to show our guests the local area. Welcome back anytime .-From greenforest team.

Great fun place to stay! The beds and rooms are very clean. Good atmosphere. Super close to the train and bus station. I actually came back here to stay another night on our way back from Yangshuo.

hello,happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thru our door. Welcome back!-From greenforest team.

A really friendly and helpful hostel. Very accommodating, Dorms spacious enough and beds big! Laundry free and a comfortable communal area. Hostel were happy to store our belongings whilst we went to another area for a week - even without a future booking. Staff happy to let you practice Chinese and equally they speak good English. Location is by a nice part of the river. Would definitely stay again.

hello,thank you for choosing us and give it such a good feed back . looking forward to having you back again . Happy travel

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! For me having a friendly staff that can speak English is really important .Nice atmosphere they have. My room and bedding were very clean. I enjoyed my stay very much and will surely come again!

hello,glade to hear you a had great time at our hostel. every postive review is a great encouragement to our staff here at guilin green forest hostel.