Green Forest Hostel Reviews

110-25, South Zhongshan Rd, Guilin, China

The hostel had a very friendly atmosphere, the staff there were also very helpful. We will definitely stay there again if we go back to Guilin.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Hong Kong

I have been hosteling for over 40 years and I think that the Green Forest Hostels (also stayed in Yangzhou) are the BEST! I went back to Guilin G.F.H. after visiting the rice terraces and again after Yangzhou. I wish they were throughout China. Guilin GFH could have better lighting in the bedrooms, especially at the desk but they do have international sockets. Their staff are fantastic and the location is perfect. Top marks!

hello,happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thrught our door. welcome back.

Really nice staff, quite helpful

Green Forest is always the best choice no matter which city it is. I hope they gonna open more hostel since they really know how to create a nice atmosphere. We had a very good stay!

• 2nd Apr 2014

Very nice hostel, with really nice and helpful staff (all of them! thank you, girls!), and a cool common area where they even taught me how to play Mahjong! ;) I came back for another night here after going to Yangshuo. Xie xie, and 'til next time!

What I especially enjoyed about this hostel is the helpful fluently English-speaking staff, its proximity to the bus- and train station and their mahjong table in the lobby!

We stayed in the double bed ensuite room. The room was nice, good soft beds but the heater could be better. The hostel had a good communal area and the laundry service was for free! Staff helped out great with writing down our next stop in Chinese so we could buy train- and bustickets ourselves. If staying in Guilin, this is excellent hostel with good value for money!

hi,glade to hear you a had great time at our hostel. every postive review is a great encouragement to our staff here at guilin green forest hostel

Great for an easy night in guilin

hello , thanks for the postive feedback we're here at guilin green forest hostel are very proud of our location location location which is only 10 minutes walk from the train station 5 minutes walk from the bus staion. hope to see you again soon. helen

Nice hostel but a bit noisy

Hi, thank you so much for choosing us and giveus feed back . we will do our best to prove ourselves at any time. Hope to see you again . and Happy travells in China .helen

My 3rd time at this hostel. Budget twin ensuite room had good beds and free heat (not a given in these parts of China). Excellent location close to train station and main bus station.

just average, nothing more or less

Hi, thank you so much for choosing us and give us feed back, sorry to heard about you did not have a grate time here. see our huge numbersof feed back, most of our guest have a awesome experience in our greenfroest hostel. and any way thanks again for your feed back, we will keep the hard work and make here more comfortabe for everyone. have a nice day. helen

This Green Forest has nothing to do with the one from Yangshuo. The common area is nice but the staff is not very friendly. I am really afraid of cats and they had one in the common area which was playing around, I was watching a movie and I couldnt move because of the cat, I asked them to take the cat out of there and 2 mins after it was back, I had to leave and stay in my room. Besides, we paid for the best room: it was old, w/bad shower, smelled a LOT like deep-fried food... Bad experience!

Hi, thank you so much for choosing us and give us feed back, sorry to heard about you did not have a grate time here. sorry to heard about the room sitiuation. we're currently remedied these problems with our house keeping team. and any way we will do our best to make here more comfortable for everybody .thanks again for your feed back and have a nice day . helen

This was the 2nd time I stayed here. Had a budget twin room that was excellent value for money. Also, the staff here was amazing when I lost my wallet (and passport) on a tour bus. They helped me communicate with the tour company and bus driver and gave me directions on how to hopefully retrieve my wallet in the middle of the night. A super helpful girl from the staff actually volunteered to go with me on a crazy expedition to find the bus and my belongings! Thanks so much! Saved my vacation!

Hi,girl thank you for choosing us and give it such a good feed back . looking forword to having you back again . Happy travel .、

The staff was super friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the free washer was amazing.

Hi, Thank you for the awesome feedback . we are glade we were able to help to on your journey. welcome back anytime . helen

Nice hostel. I saw two different 4 bedrooms:one was really big, while the other one was very small.The only problem was a very loud music during the night. Probably there is a club next to the hostel. The stuff is nice. In the lobby or living room there are tables and sofa but we didn't meet other people. The hostel atmosphere is a little bit missing. But it's ok for few days.(And it's really cheap!)

Hi, Thank you for the positive feedback as always our staff strives to make everyone feel at home here at Guilin green forest hostel .

It was a family-friendly and community-centered hostel. If you are homesick for a light, western breakfast, then look no further. Splurging on a private room is worth the money in this hostel.

Awesome guys, keep on going! And teach more people how to play Majong :)

Hi, thank you so much for choosing us and give it such a good feed back . Hope to see you again . and Happy travells in China .

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Had breakfast there it was good.

Really enjoyed our stay, thank you! Sometimes a little noisy at night, but generally very comfortable.

You are as alweys welcome here at guilin greenforest hostel , You have been here for two times right ? We are really thank you so much for choosing us and welcome back again . happy travel ...

Nice place, good location, helpful staff

Hi,thanks for the postive feedback we're here at guilin green forest hostel are very proud of our location which is only 10 minutes walk from the train station 5 minutes walk from the bus staion. hope to see you again soon.