Green Forest Hostel Reviews

110-25, South Zhongshan Rd, Guilin, China

The place is ok. Bathroom kind of smelly but still clean enough to use. Can't tell much about location as I only stayed there to book some tours which were great. Food was only ok.

Room was ok though very noisy, Windows should be replaced. good location, friendly staff was very helpful, speaks English!

This franchised hostel brand exists not only in Guilin, but in Xi'an and Yangshuo, as well. Although I definitely recommend the Xi'an and Yangshuo hostels, I don't think this one fits the same mold. The facilities are poorer and somehow neglected. The toilets look not so clean and the staff is slow and not so fluent in English. Wouldn't recommend it.

great place, very friendly and helpful staff. made me go looking for green forest hostels in other cities in china, which didn't disappoint either.

Great location and very clean. The food was very delicious, especially the breakfast in the morning. The staff is super helpful and friendly with great advice and tips on the area. About a 3 minute walk from the bus station and 10 minutes from the train station.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Green Forest Hostel! Excellent location near the main bus and train stations and a short walk to some of the famous scenic spots. Very laid back atmosphere : ) highly recommended.

We paid for a deluxe bedroom and realized later we were given a normal one. If the booking went wrong and our room was double booked (i am just guessing) then we should at least have been told about it and should not have had to pay the price for a deluxe room. Highly disappointed and we did feel cheated. The location is good though and I advise to walk down the street a little bit to find really nice restaurants.avoid the food from the hostel. way more expensive and definitely not worth it.

Nice location, except was noisy at night with a majhong shop under the hotel. Reception and lounge area was a little cramped, but nice atmosphere.

Great hostel for great price! Amazing staff too!

I stayed there for three days and it was a very nice experience. Everyone was really helpful and the breakfast is quite good. I even learnt how to play Majiang and enjoyed meeting people and hanging out with them in the hostel as well as outside. I highly reccomend Green Forest, it is always a good choice.

Good value for money. Nice location, easy to find. Lounge area is very nicely spaced, communal, but you can also have your own privacy. Staff very helpful. Tours provided were average price for Guilin (although I think tours in general in the Guilin area are a little over priced). I would not recommend the deluxe room with the river view as it was usually a bit noisy, but it was an extra 10RMB, so not a problem.

The hostel had a lovely atmosphere and a good variety of food. The bar/restaurant area was nice and relaxed, as well as the general feel for the place. It was clean and the facilities were great. I especially appreciated the help I received to book a train to my next destination. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

Overall we had a good stay here, our only recommendation would be that they provide their hostel name and address in Chinese in their booking confirmation email. We struggled to follow the directions that they had provided (getting a taxi/walking).

Pleasant hotel, very good location, quiet, staff very nice and speaking English, good food at the restaurant, menu in English and European breakfast.

• 30th May 2014

Really nice dorm rooms, with own bathroom. Rooms are in a corridor where people are asked to be quite, while they can have fun in the common room. All in all, really nice place and nice people- but there is not much to do in Guilin.

The staff is amazing. They have a nice common room and the location is also great. The beds are too hard and the bathroom needs some improvement. Overall nice.

The hostel was very good, in a great location. Our room was very nice as well. The common room is also nice (though there is a cat wandering about, and my spouse is allergic - so it was a problem for us to stay there for long periods of time). Overall we liked it, and we already booked another night on our way back from Yang Shou!

Staff were the best I had on the whole China trip and helped me beyond the call of duty. They arranged a fantastic trip down the Li River to Yangshoe, took me to the best massage place and introduced me to the best street eating place where I returned to try the different foods. Made my time in Guilin great.

Just perfect. Mona was nice:)

• 16th May 2014
  • Albania

Worst hostel I stayed in china. Toilet not clean, bed not confortable and the staff was little dump. At least was cheap. Stayed just for a night and I dont reccomend you stay