Green Forest Hostel Reviews

110-25, South Zhongshan Rd, Guilin, China

Room was ok though very noisy, Windows should be replaced. good location, friendly staff was very helpful, speaks English!

Hi ,thanks for your feed back.Our hostel's on a good location and many guest also agree with.Ane we are all glad to help you.good trip in China,

Nice little hostel located in central Guilin. Staff were friendly and helpful, good value for money. Would recommend.

Hi ,thanks for your feed back.And we are happy that you enjoy your time in our hotel ,thanks for the recomendation also,have a good day and welcome back

This franchised hostel brand exists not only in Guilin, but in Xi'an and Yangshuo, as well. Although I definitely recommend the Xi'an and Yangshuo hostels, I don't think this one fits the same mold. The facilities are poorer and somehow neglected. The toilets look not so clean and the staff is slow and not so fluent in English. Wouldn't recommend it.

Hi ,thansk for your feed back.We are sorry about your experence in our hotel.But we will still try our best to prove our value and improve our service.

The place was good, value for money, the common areas were nice and have a warm environment the ensuite toilet had a sewage smell.

great place, very friendly and helpful staff. made me go looking for green forest hostels in other cities in china, which didn't disappoint either.

hI ,thanks for your great feed back.We all glad that you enjoy your trip in Guilin and also in our hotel.Good trip in China and welcome back.

Great location and very clean. The food was very delicious, especially the breakfast in the morning. The staff is super helpful and friendly with great advice and tips on the area. About a 3 minute walk from the bus station and 10 minutes from the train station.

how are you?Thanks so much for your awesome feed back.And we all gald that you enjoy the meal in our hotel.The location is quite good and many guest agree with that.Thanks again for your feed back and have a good day.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Green Forest Hostel! Excellent location near the main bus and train stations and a short walk to some of the famous scenic spots. Very laid back atmosphere : ) highly recommended.

thanks for your feed back.And we all happy that you enjoy your stay in our hotel,and we also appriciate your recomendation,welcome back.

We paid for a deluxe bedroom and realized later we were given a normal one. If the booking went wrong and our room was double booked (i am just guessing) then we should at least have been told about it and should not have had to pay the price for a deluxe room. Highly disappointed and we did feel cheated. The location is good though and I advise to walk down the street a little bit to find really nice restaurants.avoid the food from the hostel. way more expensive and definitely not worth it.

thanks for your review.And we make sure that we confirm your reservation that you surely book a river view double bedroom for 24th and 25th.We are sorry to make you misunderstand and your disappointed ,but we did not cheat.Anyway thanks for your review again and have a good day.

Nice location, except was noisy at night with a majhong shop under the hotel. Reception and lounge area was a little cramped, but nice atmosphere.

Great hostel for great price! Amazing staff too!

Hi,thanks so much for your great feed back,we are glad that you have nice time here in our hotel.Welcome back :)

I stayed there for three days and it was a very nice experience. Everyone was really helpful and the breakfast is quite good. I even learnt how to play Majiang and enjoyed meeting people and hanging out with them in the hostel as well as outside. I highly reccomend Green Forest, it is always a good choice.

Good value for money. Nice location, easy to find. Lounge area is very nicely spaced, communal, but you can also have your own privacy. Staff very helpful. Tours provided were average price for Guilin (although I think tours in general in the Guilin area are a little over priced). I would not recommend the deluxe room with the river view as it was usually a bit noisy, but it was an extra 10RMB, so not a problem.

we are so glad to have you in our hotel and thanks for you feeback,and welcome back.

The hostel had a lovely atmosphere and a good variety of food. The bar/restaurant area was nice and relaxed, as well as the general feel for the place. It was clean and the facilities were great. I especially appreciated the help I received to book a train to my next destination. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

Overall we had a good stay here, our only recommendation would be that they provide their hostel name and address in Chinese in their booking confirmation email. We struggled to follow the directions that they had provided (getting a taxi/walking).

Pleasant hotel, very good location, quiet, staff very nice and speaking English, good food at the restaurant, menu in English and European breakfast.

• 30th May 2014

Really nice dorm rooms, with own bathroom. Rooms are in a corridor where people are asked to be quite, while they can have fun in the common room. All in all, really nice place and nice people- but there is not much to do in Guilin.

thanks for your feedback,and we are glad that you enjoy the time in our hotel,Guilin is small city but have it's charaters ,enjoy your trip in China .

The staff is amazing. They have a nice common room and the location is also great. The beds are too hard and the bathroom needs some improvement. Overall nice.

Hi there,thanks so much for your feedback,we are very pround of our hostels location and we will try our best to improve the service to make you feel home during your stay,have a good day.

The hostel was very good, in a great location. Our room was very nice as well. The common room is also nice (though there is a cat wandering about, and my spouse is allergic - so it was a problem for us to stay there for long periods of time). Overall we liked it, and we already booked another night on our way back from Yang Shou!

thanks for your feedback,and we are happy to having you in our hotel,we were very sorry about the cat distrubed you,have a good voyage in China and welcome back.

Staff were the best I had on the whole China trip and helped me beyond the call of duty. They arranged a fantastic trip down the Li River to Yangshoe, took me to the best massage place and introduced me to the best street eating place where I returned to try the different foods. Made my time in Guilin great.

Just perfect. Mona was nice:)

• 16th May 2014