Green Forest Hostel Reviews

110-25, South Zhongshan Rd, Guilin, China

My 3rd time at this hostel. Budget twin ensuite room had good beds and free heat (not a given in these parts of China). Excellent location close to train station and main bus station.

just average, nothing more or less

Hi, thank you so much for choosing us and give us feed back, sorry to heard about you did not have a grate time here. see our huge numbersof feed back, most of our guest have a awesome experience in our greenfroest hostel. and any way thanks again for your feed back, we will keep the hard work and make here more comfortabe for everyone. have a nice day. helen

This Green Forest has nothing to do with the one from Yangshuo. The common area is nice but the staff is not very friendly. I am really afraid of cats and they had one in the common area which was playing around, I was watching a movie and I couldnt move because of the cat, I asked them to take the cat out of there and 2 mins after it was back, I had to leave and stay in my room. Besides, we paid for the best room: it was old, w/bad shower, smelled a LOT like deep-fried food... Bad experience!

Hi, thank you so much for choosing us and give us feed back, sorry to heard about you did not have a grate time here. sorry to heard about the room sitiuation. we're currently remedied these problems with our house keeping team. and any way we will do our best to make here more comfortable for everybody .thanks again for your feed back and have a nice day . helen

This was the 2nd time I stayed here. Had a budget twin room that was excellent value for money. Also, the staff here was amazing when I lost my wallet (and passport) on a tour bus. They helped me communicate with the tour company and bus driver and gave me directions on how to hopefully retrieve my wallet in the middle of the night. A super helpful girl from the staff actually volunteered to go with me on a crazy expedition to find the bus and my belongings! Thanks so much! Saved my vacation!

Hi,girl thank you for choosing us and give it such a good feed back . looking forword to having you back again . Happy travel .、

The staff was super friendly and helpful, the room was clean, and the free washer was amazing.

Hi, Thank you for the awesome feedback . we are glade we were able to help to on your journey. welcome back anytime . helen

Nice hostel. I saw two different 4 bedrooms:one was really big, while the other one was very small.The only problem was a very loud music during the night. Probably there is a club next to the hostel. The stuff is nice. In the lobby or living room there are tables and sofa but we didn't meet other people. The hostel atmosphere is a little bit missing. But it's ok for few days.(And it's really cheap!)

Hi, Thank you for the positive feedback as always our staff strives to make everyone feel at home here at Guilin green forest hostel .

It was a family-friendly and community-centered hostel. If you are homesick for a light, western breakfast, then look no further. Splurging on a private room is worth the money in this hostel.

Awesome guys, keep on going! And teach more people how to play Majong :)

Hi, thank you so much for choosing us and give it such a good feed back . Hope to see you again . and Happy travells in China .

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Had breakfast there it was good.

Really enjoyed our stay, thank you! Sometimes a little noisy at night, but generally very comfortable.

You are as alweys welcome here at guilin greenforest hostel , You have been here for two times right ? We are really thank you so much for choosing us and welcome back again . happy travel ...

Nice place, good location, helpful staff

Hi,thanks for the postive feedback we're here at guilin green forest hostel are very proud of our location which is only 10 minutes walk from the train station 5 minutes walk from the bus staion. hope to see you again soon.

Staff in particular was very helpful and spoke great English.

This is simply a great hostel. Cheap, friendly staff, good food, good location, good WIFI, etc... The only improvement they need are the beds in the dorms. They make a lot of noise when you move. Besides that: top choice!

Hi, happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thru our door. and thank you so much for you suggustion , we will fix it out very soon .

We enjoyed our stay at Green Forest. It was in a good location, had good facilities, comfortable beds, helpful staff and plenty of tour options. We'd definitely recommend it.

Hi, Thank you for such a great feedback and we are glad to hear you a had great time at our hostel. every postive review is a great encouragement to our staff here at guilin green forest hostel.

Lovely place is a great location. Got a room upgrade and the place had a huge window and was super comfy bed. Free laundry, food is a little bit pricey - you're paying the tourist price. I didn't try it but I'm sure it would taste good. They have good value tours and helpful staff. Easy to recommend this place

Hi,thanks for the postive feedback , we're here at guilin green forest hostel are very proud of our location l which is only 10 minutes walk from the train station 5 minutes walk from the bus staion. hope to see you again soon.

Fantastic people and hostel facilities. Thanks for the included water and laundry.

yo, man .. Thank you for the +++ positive feedback as always our staff strives to make everyone feel at home here at Guilin green forest hostel . Wish everything treat you well at Australia and get the bycicle spare parts ( that plastic shit ) successfully .. haha ... Happy travel !

Nice place to stay in Guilin with very friendly and helpful staff who taught us how to play the Mahjong which was good fun. Also, nice cozy common area where you can meet other travellers. Would stay here again.

Thank you so much for choosing us and the positive reviews. we're glad you've enjoyed our weekly Majiang lesson.. whenever possible the staff is more then happy to show our guests the local area . Welcome back again , Happy travel

This was the best hostel we stayed in on our trip to Beijing, Chengdu, Guilin and Yangshuo. The staff are friendly and speak good english. The room was lovely with a nice view of the river. It is a pity that we could only stay here for 1 night. We took one of their day tours to bamboo rafting and got dropped off in Yangshuo.

• 4th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Hi, Thank you so much for choosing us and give it such a great feedback . Hope to see you again , Take care and happy travel .

it was great hostel! a very relaxed place and the people were very helpfull. the beds were nice and soft, the room was spacious and the bathroom was so clean! the food is farely cheap compared to other hostels.

Hi , Thank you for the awesome feedback . we are glad we were able to help to on your journey. welcome back in anytime . Happy travel .

Had a brilliant stay here. The staff were friendly and always willing to help. Our room was big and clean. The noise of the KTV singers was loud but they stop quite early and we were usually out late so they never bothered us. It's location is great and we were able to walk everywhere or get the bus from the station across the road. The Li River Bamboo raft tour they organise was great too.