Green Forest Hostel Reviews

110-25, South Zhongshan Rd, Guilin, China

Excellent séjour à Guilin. Auberge de jeunesse bénéficiant d'un excellent emplacement, à deux pas des rues animées, des marchés nocturnes, tout en étant au calme. Très proche des gares ferroviaire et routière. Personnel très sympathique et à l'écoute. Nous avons choisi notre excursion aux rizières du dos du dragon à l'auberge qui s'est révélée une excellente journée. Même si l'excursion précisait pas de guide en anglais nous avons bénéficier d'une traduction rien que pour nous. A recommander.

Staff were really helpful, despite me bombarding them with questions about where to go. Nice hostel

• 4th Nov 2014

Good Breakfast at the cafe. Close to rail and train stations. Close to a lot of amenities. A little far to walk to the main sights.

Everyone who works there was so polite and helpful! The room I stayed in was quiet so I have no complaints about noise from the locals playing zhoupai(sp?) Downstairs. They cleaned the room everyday and gave us TP. The food is good but a bit expensive compared to food down the street which green forest is happy to direct you to! They also helped me plan my next trip to Fujian and so on! I reccomend this place for the cute location near the water and city center! Thank you!

We only stayed here for about 12 hours but it was great for our purpose! We got a late flight out from Shanghai to Guilin, arrived at past midnight, and the taxi man that the hostel had arranged for us was still waiting at the airport with a sign for us, even though, due to delays, we were on the cusp of being 90 mins late!! When we got to the hostel, we had to wake up the man to let us in, but all was good and he gave us quick advice on booking the next morning's bamboo rafting to Yangshou!

The place is ok. Bathroom kind of smelly but still clean enough to use. Can't tell much about location as I only stayed there to book some tours which were great. Food was only ok.

Room was ok though very noisy, Windows should be replaced. good location, friendly staff was very helpful, speaks English!

This franchised hostel brand exists not only in Guilin, but in Xi'an and Yangshuo, as well. Although I definitely recommend the Xi'an and Yangshuo hostels, I don't think this one fits the same mold. The facilities are poorer and somehow neglected. The toilets look not so clean and the staff is slow and not so fluent in English. Wouldn't recommend it.

The place was good, value for money, the common areas were nice and have a warm environment the ensuite toilet had a sewage smell.

great place, very friendly and helpful staff. made me go looking for green forest hostels in other cities in china, which didn't disappoint either.

en general todo bien. Buen trato, buena localización y limpieza.

Great location and very clean. The food was very delicious, especially the breakfast in the morning. The staff is super helpful and friendly with great advice and tips on the area. About a 3 minute walk from the bus station and 10 minutes from the train station.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Green Forest Hostel! Excellent location near the main bus and train stations and a short walk to some of the famous scenic spots. Very laid back atmosphere : ) highly recommended.

We paid for a deluxe bedroom and realized later we were given a normal one. If the booking went wrong and our room was double booked (i am just guessing) then we should at least have been told about it and should not have had to pay the price for a deluxe room. Highly disappointed and we did feel cheated. The location is good though and I advise to walk down the street a little bit to find really nice restaurants.avoid the food from the hostel. way more expensive and definitely not worth it.

Nice location, except was noisy at night with a majhong shop under the hotel. Reception and lounge area was a little cramped, but nice atmosphere.

Great hostel for great price! Amazing staff too!

I stayed there for three days and it was a very nice experience. Everyone was really helpful and the breakfast is quite good. I even learnt how to play Majiang and enjoyed meeting people and hanging out with them in the hostel as well as outside. I highly reccomend Green Forest, it is always a good choice.

Good value for money. Nice location, easy to find. Lounge area is very nicely spaced, communal, but you can also have your own privacy. Staff very helpful. Tours provided were average price for Guilin (although I think tours in general in the Guilin area are a little over priced). I would not recommend the deluxe room with the river view as it was usually a bit noisy, but it was an extra 10RMB, so not a problem.

The hostel had a lovely atmosphere and a good variety of food. The bar/restaurant area was nice and relaxed, as well as the general feel for the place. It was clean and the facilities were great. I especially appreciated the help I received to book a train to my next destination. Thank you for a pleasant stay.