Green Forest Hostel Reviews

Chengzhongcheng Business Street, Diecui Road, Yangshuo, China

This hostel has amazing huge showers and the bunk beds in the rooms are great BUT someone brought bedbugs into the 6 bed dorm and the staff/owner just keeps changing the sheets instead of replacing the mattresses. The staff was really good about offering to move me to another room, but I left the hostel. It is too bad because the hostel is very clean in general but the entire hostel will be filled with bed bugs if they do not fumigate and fix the problem soon.

Great location in the thick of Yangshuo's tourist center. Helpful staff would recommend for short stays.

Great place to stay! Clean rooms and facilities, good breakfast, very nice and helpful staff. The trips offered were a lot of fun and well worth their money. I would definitly stay here again.

Great location, helpful staff, comfortable beds, and wonderful bar/cafe/common area for relaxing. The dorms had good lockers and hair dryers in the common bathrooms. They also offered almost daily activities like hiking, cycling, etc. The food wasn't great, but there are plenty of other options close by. A bit difficult to actually locate - up on the 3rd floor, so the stairs are a bit hidden in a walkway that looks like a shop, could use some signage there!

When I arrived, my bed had already be given to someone else. But they really tried to find a solution and I could sleep in the staff room, which was fine.Next day there was room in a dorm. Apart from that: Very nice atmosphere, great facilities, beautiful roof terrace, comfortable matresses. The only thing that wasn't so great was that one girl in the dorm had strange itchy bites that definitely didn't look like mosquito bites. Perhaps bedbugs? But she was the only one with such bites.

It is a vey good hostel. New, clean, modern, tasteful. Dorms are really good - big and comfortable. Staff is just great. Definately good value for money.

Great stay! Clean, convenient location, and the staff were very helpful. Would happily stay here again.

Really nice hostel and beautiful rooms (we stayed in private double bed room). The rooms indeed look more like hotel rooms than hostel rooms. The hostel lounge was also very cosy and you could order quite tasty western food there. Good breakfests and good coffee. However, during the peak season the room rates go rather high so I would say the value for money is not that grat at that time...

Hi there, Thanks for your good review.Have nice day! And welcome back.

Really nice hostel in Yangshou close to west street. The staff were more than willing to answer questions and provide guidance.

Hi there, thanks for your recommend. We wish everyone could like a local to travel in Yangshuo. Have nice trip in China.Welcome back!O(∩_∩)O

Nice place to visit. Very quit and relaced, nice rooftop terasse. Not really much to do at the hostel itself.

hi there, Thanks for your feedback. We will organize guests to climb the TV tower, swimming on the Li river or cycling on yangshuo. Hope you have nice trip.

Green forest hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The dorm room was spacious, comfortable, and very clean. The bathrooms are also very clean and properly functioning, and there are enough toilets and shower stalls that you don't have to wait in line. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I was especially appreciative because I arrived a day later than I had booked because of an 8 hour flight delay, and they were very understanding and didn't charge me. Great place!!!

hi there, Thanks for your highly recommend. We're aimed to make you have nice stay here. We'll keep working hard. Have nice trip!

The best place we stayed in China. Totally recommended.

This was the best hostel that my friend and I stayed in while traveling through China. Great find! The only downside was that the staff recommended tours did not meet our expectations.

hi there, Thanks for your feedback. Sorry about the tours can not make you pleasure, we will improve it, and make a better hostel. Welcome back!

Absolutely amazing hostel with excellent staff!

hi there, thanks for your review. we are looking for your next stay here!

Great location, helpful staff. There were loads of trips we could do in reception which the staff helped us book. Renting a bike was cheap and a great days activity! The rooms were great, really comfy bed and they offer good breakfast options. Would recommend the ginger tea! Thanks

Stayed here for three nights. Great location, right off of west street. The staff were very helpful. They helped us book bicycles, a bamboo raft down the river, and were able to answer any random questions we had. The hostel has a lot of natural light and a great feel, though it definitely isn't the rowdiest of hostels. The bed was probably the comfiest i've slept in since moving to China. All in all, it's a good atmosphere for relaxing and plotting the next day's adventure.

hi there, thanks for your highly recommend. We are glad to make you have a nice trip in yangshuo. Welcome back! Sean

Fortunately I was aware of the entrance, or I might not have gone here. However, once inside I thought this was one of the nicest hostels I have stayed in. The rooms were certainly hotel quality and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The location was convenient to lots of restaurants, bars, and shopping. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place.

• 1st Jun 2014

This is not really a hostel, more like a hotel, except for the entrance is hidden on the 2nd floor of a building that you can find after climbing up a dark and dirty staircase. There is one common sitting area / coffee, no real hostel atmosphere. Communication with the staff was a bit complicated and there were no safes / lockers available. The rooms are nice however, spacious and clean, so if you're more after a hotel style accommodation then this is your choice.

Thank you very much for your reply Our reception will give you travel plans We will organize the guest to play games every night Looking forward to you again yangshuo greenforest hostel

very nice hostel,

hi there, thanks for your review. we are looking for your next stay here!

Great clean hostel in excellent location!