Green Forest Hostel Reviews

Chengzhongcheng Business Street, Diecui Road, Yangshuo, China

Green Forest Hostel is a lovely hostel with great views from the dining area and the rooftop patio! The staff are all really friendly and funny and are happy to help with booking excursions and giving local knowledge. The hostel has a nice mix of Chinese and foreign tourists.

Great hostel, roof terrace with nice views. Very central location though it took me a while to find it. Really clean and pleasant rooms.

The staff here are the absolute best! They went out of their way to help us get things sorted (even when we surely causing them headaches!) and were always keen for a friendly chat. A super smiley bunch and because of them I'd recommend the hostel to anyone. The private rooms are also fabulous - clean, spacious and a delight to stay in.

Great hostel, atmosphere, staff, cleanliness and location. Just don't stay in the rooms over the main street.The windows don't isolate noise from outside so it feels like your in the middle of the street. Definitely recommend it.

This would be hard to find without the comments that the staircase is behind a hat shop. It is an oasis of clean and quiet in the centre of Yangshuo. The staff is extremely helpful. However, do not stay here if you want a quiet stay in nature. It could be because of the national holiday but the price was extremely high - more like a hotel than hostel.

The staff was amazing. So nice and helpful. The opportunity to change some nights to your house in Guilin was great although Guilin wasn't that nice... I like Yangshuo more.

On a street with lots of good food. Has a terrace with great views. Food was ok but why eat here when you are on a street with so much good food for cheaper.

This hostel has amazing huge showers and the bunk beds in the rooms are great BUT someone brought bedbugs into the 6 bed dorm and the staff/owner just keeps changing the sheets instead of replacing the mattresses. The staff was really good about offering to move me to another room, but I left the hostel. It is too bad because the hostel is very clean in general but the entire hostel will be filled with bed bugs if they do not fumigate and fix the problem soon.

hi there, We are so sorry to make you uncomfortable stay here. We heard that someone brought the bedbugs to the room. At the beginning we thought maybe it would be ok that just changed the sheets. And now we have killed the bedbugs professionally. It is totally OK to stay in our hostel. Welcome back! We are aimed to make you have a nice stay! yangshuo green forest team

Great location in the thick of Yangshuo's tourist center. Helpful staff would recommend for short stays.

Great place to stay! Clean rooms and facilities, good breakfast, very nice and helpful staff. The trips offered were a lot of fun and well worth their money. I would definitly stay here again.

Great location, helpful staff, comfortable beds, and wonderful bar/cafe/common area for relaxing. The dorms had good lockers and hair dryers in the common bathrooms. They also offered almost daily activities like hiking, cycling, etc. The food wasn't great, but there are plenty of other options close by. A bit difficult to actually locate - up on the 3rd floor, so the stairs are a bit hidden in a walkway that looks like a shop, could use some signage there!

When I arrived, my bed had already be given to someone else. But they really tried to find a solution and I could sleep in the staff room, which was fine.Next day there was room in a dorm. Apart from that: Very nice atmosphere, great facilities, beautiful roof terrace, comfortable matresses. The only thing that wasn't so great was that one girl in the dorm had strange itchy bites that definitely didn't look like mosquito bites. Perhaps bedbugs? But she was the only one with such bites.

hi there, Thank for your feedback. We are so sorry for the first day. We are so glad the you have a good stay in the end. Welcome back.

Great stay! Rooms were massive and more hotel-like than hotel-like. The cafe was well decorated, but service was painfully slow. Unfortunately the entrance is disgusting, and the hostel should do more about this inspite of them not 'owning' the stairway.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Barbados

It is a vey good hostel. New, clean, modern, tasteful. Dorms are really good - big and comfortable. Staff is just great. Definately good value for money.

Great stay! Clean, convenient location, and the staff were very helpful. Would happily stay here again.

Really nice hostel and beautiful rooms (we stayed in private double bed room). The rooms indeed look more like hotel rooms than hostel rooms. The hostel lounge was also very cosy and you could order quite tasty western food there. Good breakfests and good coffee. However, during the peak season the room rates go rather high so I would say the value for money is not that grat at that time...

Hi there, Thanks for your good review.Have nice day! And welcome back.

Really nice hostel in Yangshou close to west street. The staff were more than willing to answer questions and provide guidance.

Hi there, thanks for your recommend. We wish everyone could like a local to travel in Yangshuo. Have nice trip in China.Welcome back!O(∩_∩)O

Nice place to visit. Very quit and relaced, nice rooftop terasse. Not really much to do at the hostel itself.

hi there, Thanks for your feedback. We will organize guests to climb the TV tower, swimming on the Li river or cycling on yangshuo. Hope you have nice trip.

Green forest hostel is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The dorm room was spacious, comfortable, and very clean. The bathrooms are also very clean and properly functioning, and there are enough toilets and shower stalls that you don't have to wait in line. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I was especially appreciative because I arrived a day later than I had booked because of an 8 hour flight delay, and they were very understanding and didn't charge me. Great place!!!

hi there, Thanks for your highly recommend. We're aimed to make you have nice stay here. We'll keep working hard. Have nice trip!

The best place we stayed in China. Totally recommended.