Green Forest Hostel Reviews

Chengzhongcheng Business Street, Diecui Road, Yangshuo, China

Very friendly staff. The food is good. They offer nice trips. And they help you when you have a question. Nice rooms. And good atmosphere.

This has to be one of the best run hostels I've been to in the world. From the attentive staff to the views on the 3rd story patio. The staff were always willing to help those staying there in anyway they needed. They even had a dryer - until another hostel picked it up and ran off with it. In addition, the food was comparable in price and "deliciousness" to those provided in the local restaurants.

• 17th Mar 2014

Thank you su much for the GLOWING review, to help the travellers is the reason the staffs work here, we are happy to help everyone to enjoy their staying in Yangshuo, and share their travel experience, even we do not travel all over of the world, we can know how the world is, thank you, and we also enjoyed the beer you shared with us before you left, take care!

The place is a little hard to find and the initial two floors you have to pass to get to the hostel is gross. The hostel itself is amazing.

thank you, we all miss you, hope you can come back next time.

Probably the best hostel I have ever stayed. Excellent location ( maybe a bit hard to be find on the main street) - the entrance is very poor in terms of cleaning: but once you are into the hostel things are awesome. Fantastic place to have a drink after a long day, excellent view in the morning; good breakfast and wonderful stuff. Beds were amazing: good,clean and very soft mattress and pillow. Stayed in the 4 bed dormitory and space there was very organised! Definitely will have here again!

I pointed staff as poor, because they served us breakfast (scrambled egs) cold. I know that wasn't fault all staff.

Thank you very much for your review, and so sorry for that we do not served good at the moment you pointed out the egs was cold, we should change the hot one for you, and now we will train all the staffs again to make sure all the staffs can serve well to everyone. Thank you again for pointing out our problem so we can correct it. You are always welcome to our hostel, we will offer much better service, have a nice day!

Overall a very good hostel. Good location and they can help you book a lot of tours. My only problem is that I went in March and the rooms were really cold! I turned the heater on but still felt cold. I tried to ask the reception and they didn't do much. Maybe some heated blankets would help...

Sorry for the inconvenient, the Air conditioning remote control have different mode, automatic, cold, dehumidifiers, heating, and air, if you choose the heating, the room will warm, sorry for the reception did not do much, and thank you for this review, we will work hard to help all the guests and hope you have a good time in Yangshuo.

Well located hostel, good facilities, free laundry, clean. *HOWEVER* I would NOT advise booking tours or tickets with them. I booked a bus ticket and ended up getting in 2.5 hours later and to a completely different location than promised, having to spend extra money on taxis and almost missing my flight because of it.

Very sorry for the inconvenient. There are 2buses to Shenzhen, different time and different destination,the one you take should be stoped on Luohuo, but 2hours before the buses left, the driver told us, the bus to Luohuo was broken, they had to change the other bus to different destination, as soon as we known that , we have told you this new and told you the best way to across the border to HongKong. Anyway, so sorry again, take care!

The owner of the place was a great guy, and even invited us to sit down with him and his wife to have some food that his wife cooked (which was delicious!). I was disappointed though that they advertise that facebook is available there, when the are aware that it is not (we asked and were told that facebook just isn't available in China, yet they didn't take down their sign. The only other criticism I have for this place is that our room was FREEZING. Great place other than that though.

Thank you very much, i think you made the wrong review on our hostel, the owner and his wife not in here, and all the staffs here are young and single, the facebook still can use, we have vpn, there are air-conditioning in the room, anyway, thank you, hope you have a good time in china.

We were in Yangshuo during the first week of February and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this hostel for everyone!!! The staff is nice, and tells you all about the places you should visit, how you should visit them, and they have private tours for reasonable price too. The hostel is equipped with everything you would need. The best thing is, that they are aiming for a backpacking-like REAL traveller-friendly aspect, which suits them well. If you see some hostels for a few yuan less, don't think, get this!

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Hungary

Thank you very much for your highly recommend, Yang shuo is a very beautiful town, the river the mountain,the countryside view all are the reasons to stop visitors staying here, we hope that all the guests can enjoy the beauty of yangshuo, so you will leave with no regret. Thank you again and take care!

lovely bright, new, clean dorm rooms - staff are alright, maybe their English isn't great but they're helpful. You go up some pretty grotty stairs, but the hostel itself is very clean and bright and has a roof-top terrace, where you can sit at night and drink a beer, whilst looking at the Karst peaks all lit up.

Thank you very much for your comments, we will work hard to improve our English, sorry for the inconvenient. Take care and have a good time in China.

We loved this hostel! One of the best hostels I've ever stayed... The food is also very good but regarding their travel service, they don't organize anything, they just have a brochure with what you can do but then you don't know how to do it. This Green Forest Hostel has nothing to do with the one from Guilin, this one is much better!!! I would definitely stay here again :)

Thank you very much for choosing Green Forest Hostel. We can organize bamboo tour 、 light show 、rock climbing and so on, bike rented as well, we have printed many travel plans of yangshuo, and put on the table in the lobby, so everyone can use it, and if you have any qeustions you can ask the staffs, we are always happy to help you. Take care!

One of the best hostels I've stayed in in China. Stayed in a three person dorm room and then a private queen room and both were exceptionally clean and well presented. Facilities are excellent, food was great and reasonably priced, and the staff are very friendly and eager to please.

Hello, thank you, you can speak very good chinese, 希望你在学校里,好好学习,天天向上。 i know you understand the meaning.

We booked a twin private room which is big enough and has all facilities we need! The corridor with tables and chairs are very convient for friends. You can rent bycicles there and the price is reasonable.

haha, thank you, this is the first comment on our twin private room, in our hostel, not olny can ren bycicles, but also other tours, we can hope that you will have a good time in Yangshuo, thank you again, and take care!

The best hostel in which I have been. The atmosphere is friendly and relaxing. The stuff is nice and welcoming, with a perfect english. The six bedroom was really nice (and the bed was comfortable, which is really unusual for chinese hostels). The lobby and the terrace were amazing and we could relax and enjoy the weather there. There are books which one can read. Really good! I hope to come back!

Hey, so nice to see you, you are always welcome to come back, take care and have a good time in china.

This is a great hostel! This hostel is a great place to relax and meet people.The staff are so helpful and friendly...but not the manager ‘’I had better.‘’ face...Anyway, what a hostel should be!good WIFI IN THE ROOM ,The room was very clean and the beds very confortable. We had a great time and would whole heartedly recommend this hostel to anyone.Just perfect :)

Ha, you have a cool name, so show, we are happy that you do enjoy staying here, and so nice to talk with you, you have rich travel experience. About the manager, we consider who is, it is very good that someone point out we do something wrong, it is the way we can improve, thank you, hope can see you again!

I chose this hostel for the terrace. It was awesome that you can drink beer with a great view of many rocks in the terrace.The double room we stayed was modern and very big. You could pay 100USD for the room in some cities. Even those who don't usually stay at hostel will like the room. As other reviews say, it was difficult for us to difficult the hostel too- I pinned the location on google map but it didn't help, I think google suggests wrong place..Stick with their direction instruction.

Thank you very much for your review, it is great to see that you like our hostel, there are many many beautiful views in Yangshuo, so the guests pay more attention to the scenery. About the location, we have direction instruction in detail on the website, and e-mail you with map when you make the reservation, so you can follow them or call us, it is our honour to help you. Have a nice time in China, and take care!

Perfekt! It was the best hostel on my whole trip in China. I really liked my stay there. Highly recommened. Only the way description should be edited: The bus stop has changed, so it was difficult to find the hostel with the old description ;)

Thank you vey much for your comment, it is so nice to see that you love staying here, and about the way description we have aready edited, and post on the website, sorry for any unconvenients, take care and hope can see you next time.

Really nice hostel, modern and well-furnished. Large communal area with bar and good food. Very friendly and helpful staff and a great atmosphere all round. Kept nice and warm in winter! Good value tours, especially the cormorant fishing. A day out riding the bikes around the countryside is a must.

Very friendly and helpful staf! The hostel is also nice and has a very good bar and restaurant. Thank you for your warm welcoming

Thank you very much for your review, so nice hear from you, hope you have a good time in china, and take care~~~

This hostel is just beautiful. Great english speaking staff, super clean bedrooms and shower rooms. I definitelly recomend it.

Thank you for your recomending, all we do just let all the guest have a good time in Yangshuo, enjoy the beautiful view.

« first « Prev 1 2 3