Green Frog Hostel Reviews

Str. G-ral Dona nr.11, Bucharest, Romania

We only stay here for a night as we leaving brasov next day by train. The staff is very kind and prepare us breakfast for our early check out at 630am. She even borrowed us umbrella when it was raining day. The location of the hostel is not very close to old town but within walking distance to main station which is why we chose the hostel in first place. It good value of money considered how much u pay.

Thank you !

Couldn't get the WiFi to work half the time. The room was very comfortable. Ok kitchen facilities. The manager (?) was very nice, but the other staff seemed uninterested. One toilet for each gender and one shower. Breakfast was not included.

You arrived late in the night and you said that you don't need a map and no other informations because you stayed in Bucharest before. In fact, you came for one night and had your flight next day afternoon. You booked the cheapest rate for a Private Room (Attic Double Bed / No breakfast RON 35.00 /person/night). Yes, in the case "no breakfast". I wonder where you stayed before. The competition here is dirty in many ways. We will unlist our property from HW for encouraging such dirty practices.

The staff was amazing, above and beyond friendly and helpful. They even did our laundry for us (for free!) The room was quite and comfortable. The shower was great, with about 5 different settings.

Thank you, thank you ! We are in our forth season and we will let it slowly down." We scored and we went". Now it's time for a brake, We deserve it and we'll be back after renovation.

I have stayed at this hostel twice and have always felt very safe and comfortable there. The staff is friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is great to come back to after a day of sightseeing or a night out on the town. The courtyard is great for relaxing and chatting with fellow travellers.

• 10th Jun 2014

Thank you !

Friendly staff and good atmosphere. Decent location and good value for money. WiFi and hairdryers available. On arrival our room was overbooked so we got the best room for no extra cost. 24 hour security and room locks.

Friendly staff but not like in the "party hostels". I know what I mean and you know it better. Neverending story. Sorry for 3 at security even though you had your own private with your own key, sorry for 3 at location which is equidistant to all tourist attraction and close to Gara de Nord, sorry for 3 at "athmosphere" because we don't have a bar attached and we don't get our guests drunk till to death and we also haven't got cheap girls "working arround". Thank you for 4 to facilities and 5 Val

2nd time I've stayed here, and again I was pleased. The chatelaine, Roxanne, is genuinely concerned with your welfare and your experience of Bucharest, and seems willing to do anything in her power to help you enjoy your stay. It's a bit like staying with a favorite aunt :-). Clean, comfortable surroundings, quiet, laid-back atmosphere, and a good breakfast. The place can be a bit difficult to find, especially at night.

Friendly staff nothing too much trouble, very relaxed and easy atmosphere.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Wales

We do thank you with love and gratitude !

Nice hostel and well located. All the staff really helpful even before we arrived at the hostel. Marius was really friendly and helpful, we felt like if we had met him for a long time, like a friend. Just at night noisy because some people were having a party in the common area; buy in general everything was ok.

We love green frog hostel!! We arrived weary after a long old journey and were immediately made to feel very welcome :) the staff are sociable and fun loving and made sure everyone had a good time. The best hostel if you are travelling alone or in a pair as you will no doubt get introduced to the other guests. We all got on like a house on fire and all went out together,

"We all got on like a house on fire and all went out together". I have not heard this since now but this is exactly the feeling when you love and share. Solidarity, adaptability. It's about human being and real life in fact.

It felt kind of criminal how much I got for how much I way paying. The staff went above and beyond in being helpful and upgrading me to a private room just because it was available. Seems like a hostel where the people who run it are the ones who work there, and put themselves into it, which shows. Would recommend. Also, their shower (while it could using cleaning) is insane.

Our english is not perfect so you lost us. We failed to understand the communication with double meaning. We didn't understand what's was wrong and what's was good. Talleyrand is supposed to have said: "I wonder what he meant by that?" :)

Very helpfull staff and very good hostel to stay, it's a great chance that I choose this hostel to stay. Good shower, good breakfast, clean toilets and free laundry. At reception you can find help like you are in Tourist Information Office, and you can always drink coffee or tea have good chat with staff.

Thank you !

Unclean, not the right room type available, no lockers (though advertised). Pillow and towels had a stench of smoke, and parts of the hostel (underground) were so so filthy. A dissapointment but reasonable location and staff tried to be helpful.

Excellent small friendly hostel representative of the local community. Helpful and interesting staff will make you feel at home. Highly recommended - 100%

We "try to be helpfull" offering cheap accomodation for the guests that really need to travel a lot and visit a lot of nice places. We like to share. Thank you !

Sorry but found the hostel to be not very clean (look under the beds for example) also shower was terrible only one and it floods also no hook to hang hand held spray. Location felt unsafe although most of the Bucharest was the same. Washing machine was good as it's free but need a dryer. No breakfast on the last day when I left at 830 no sign of anyone. Bed old and rickety. Also noisey from the main reception area I was in the first room.Staff seemed friendly and informative.

We got the point. Thank you !

The Green Frog Hostel is one of the best hostels I have visited. I reserved a private room and it was huge! The staff, Marius and Alex are great! The owner Roxana is friendly, caring, and welcoming. Marius, is very accommodating to every guest. Breakfast was served promptly every morning and the coffee was delicious. I had an amazing stay at the Green Frog. I plan on staying here again next Spring! I can't wait to see the staff at the Green Hostel again! Take care guys!

Thank you !

Family is really friendly who own it and showed us on a map where to go in the city. It's in between the main train station Gara Du Nord and Piata Romani so two options to get there by bus from the airport. The kitchen was basic and had everything to use to cook our own dinner. The shower was great. The only thing is there are no locks on the door and I wasn't sure there was anywhere to leav valuables. We enjoyed and would stay again.

Thank you ! Every private room has keys and we didn't place a locker in the private rooms. Indeed, the front door is always open 24 h. The valuable things can be kept at the front desk. Have a nice trip in Europe !

What a wonderful hostel! I have stayed in many many hostels, and this one is definitely my favorite. The owner is wonderful and really makes you feel at home and goes out of his way to know you personally. He also helps create a lovely atmosphere among the guests, which is a definite plus for a female solo traveler.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Romania

great hostel

This must have been one of the best hostel experiences I've had so far. The hostel is situated at walking distance from all the main attractions. We had to use public transportation only 3 or 4 times to get to the sights that were further away, like the Village Museum and the Arc. Marius was the best host, going out of his way to help us and let us know where to go or what to see. He stayed up with us whenever we were feeling like staying up for a couple of beers. Nicest guy ever. RECOMMENDED

• 1st May 2014
  • Bulgaria

I heard about that and I heard also that we will meet some other time (again). We wait proposals about place and time. While you were here I was visiting Rock Monastery Basarabov in your country. Happy to hear from you. Hugs from our thin team !

If you want to stay for a nigh and close to the North Train station then this is an option.

Indeed. You arrived very late in the night while our staff didn't expect you to show-up anymore so you slept "by mistake" to Olive Hostel as the owner met you "eventually" in the court yard.You left early next day. Good point to rate our hostel LOW. Thank you but it will be dismissed soon because the person who doesn't sleep in a certain hostel is not entitled to rate that hostel.