Green Frog Hostel Reviews

Str. G-ral Dona nr.11, Bucharest, Romania

Excellent hostel! We stayed in a double bed room and was amazing. Air conditioner, good bed, everything awesome! Breakfast and the staff was very nice! They even found us a nice trip to the castles and brasov. Highly recommend! Thanks, guys!

Thank you for visiting our copuntry and we are sorry for the bad weather in Bucharest. We are happy you liked the trip ti Brasov. We strongly recommend this "one day trip" because the guide is a really warm and nice person. One day to visit Peles Castle in Sinaia, Bran Castle near Brasoc and Poenari ruines.

Booked here online but when we arrives our room was unavailable and we were ushered to puzzle hostel which is nearby. Puzzle hostel was good but don't have much comment for green frog

• 11th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

The owner and her brother who owns another hostel are very wonderful people. They had two options of place to stay and they were very helpful. The directions to the hostel are very accurate. Don't give up if you think you missed the street, you didn't, just keep going. You will find them in a lovely inner courtyard waiting for you. They arranged a bike for me to rent for very low price and if I thought I would get lost, they went with me. Unexpected guests made a challenge but they helped us all

This is too much ! Speechless. Everybody enjoyed to meet you.

This is a real backpacker's hostel! Roxanna, who runs the hostel, is really lovely and doesn't like to turn people away. In our 6-bed dorm, we ended up with a grand total of 14 people and no floor space once all of the mattresses had been brought in. We were lucky and had lovely people in our room, so it was a lot of fun and we still got a good night's sleep! Be warned though, it's a long walk to everywhere in the city from here. Very helpful staff, breakfast and a good social area outside :)

Thank you ! First of all we are a small hostel. When is crowded is crowded. There are days and days...totally different. Secondly, we are place exactly were we stated, equidistant to all tourist attractions, within walking distance and very closed to Cismigiu Park . If we were placed in the Old City, we would be too far from railway station Palace of Parlament and if we were placed in the North we would be closed to the airport bat far from the city. Last but not least, Calea Victoriei is here.

A lovely, small, family-run hostel. It's a bit difficult to find, but it worth it. The owner is very friendly and helpful, she tries to understand what you'd like to do and gives you advice on where to go. Sit in their garden and learn more about Romania by having a conversation with her brother. Tune in to the slower pace of this country and enjoy the best breakfast I ever had in a hostel. I stayed in a spacious private room with airconditioning. One shower only, but I didn't have to wait.

Thank you !

I didn't like. I don't recommend this hostel. I took picture to show that the hostel is not clean. It is very dirty. The hostel don't have staff to welcome us.

We only stay here for a night as we leaving brasov next day by train. The staff is very kind and prepare us breakfast for our early check out at 630am. She even borrowed us umbrella when it was raining day. The location of the hostel is not very close to old town but within walking distance to main station which is why we chose the hostel in first place. It good value of money considered how much u pay.

Thank you !

Couldn't get the WiFi to work half the time. The room was very comfortable. Ok kitchen facilities. The manager (?) was very nice, but the other staff seemed uninterested. One toilet for each gender and one shower. Breakfast was not included.

You arrived late in the night and you said that you don't need a map and no other informations because you stayed in Bucharest before. In fact, you came for one night and had your flight next day afternoon. You booked the cheapest rate for a Private Room (Attic Double Bed / No breakfast RON 35.00 /person/night). Yes, in the case "no breakfast". I wonder where you stayed before. The competition here is dirty in many ways. We will unlist our property from HW for encouraging such dirty practices.

The staff was amazing, above and beyond friendly and helpful. They even did our laundry for us (for free!) The room was quite and comfortable. The shower was great, with about 5 different settings.

Thank you, thank you ! We are in our forth season and we will let it slowly down." We scored and we went". Now it's time for a brake, We deserve it and we'll be back after renovation.

I have stayed at this hostel twice and have always felt very safe and comfortable there. The staff is friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is great to come back to after a day of sightseeing or a night out on the town. The courtyard is great for relaxing and chatting with fellow travellers.

• 10th Jun 2014

Thank you !

Friendly staff and good atmosphere. Decent location and good value for money. WiFi and hairdryers available. On arrival our room was overbooked so we got the best room for no extra cost. 24 hour security and room locks.

Friendly staff but not like in the "party hostels". I know what I mean and you know it better. Neverending story. Sorry for 3 at security even though you had your own private with your own key, sorry for 3 at location which is equidistant to all tourist attraction and close to Gara de Nord, sorry for 3 at "athmosphere" because we don't have a bar attached and we don't get our guests drunk till to death and we also haven't got cheap girls "working arround". Thank you for 4 to facilities and 5 Val

2nd time I've stayed here, and again I was pleased. The chatelaine, Roxanne, is genuinely concerned with your welfare and your experience of Bucharest, and seems willing to do anything in her power to help you enjoy your stay. It's a bit like staying with a favorite aunt :-). Clean, comfortable surroundings, quiet, laid-back atmosphere, and a good breakfast. The place can be a bit difficult to find, especially at night.

While being a small hostel, the staff is absolutely AMAZING. I have never felt more welcome than by Marius and Roxana and Alex (if I remember his name correctly). Marius was even waiting for me outside to make sure I don't get lost! We were also lucky enough to have a free home made meal from the neighbors! It was simply delicious. This hostel is cheap, very good for the money and I would definitely recommend it. Not that much of a party vibe, but you can definitely meet people and go out!

Friendly staff nothing too much trouble, very relaxed and easy atmosphere.

• 3rd Jun 2014
  • Wales

We do thank you with love and gratitude !

Nice hostel and well located. All the staff really helpful even before we arrived at the hostel. Marius was really friendly and helpful, we felt like if we had met him for a long time, like a friend. Just at night noisy because some people were having a party in the common area; buy in general everything was ok.

We love green frog hostel!! We arrived weary after a long old journey and were immediately made to feel very welcome :) the staff are sociable and fun loving and made sure everyone had a good time. The best hostel if you are travelling alone or in a pair as you will no doubt get introduced to the other guests. We all got on like a house on fire and all went out together,

"We all got on like a house on fire and all went out together". I have not heard this since now but this is exactly the feeling when you love and share. Solidarity, adaptability. It's about human being and real life in fact.

It felt kind of criminal how much I got for how much I way paying. The staff went above and beyond in being helpful and upgrading me to a private room just because it was available. Seems like a hostel where the people who run it are the ones who work there, and put themselves into it, which shows. Would recommend. Also, their shower (while it could using cleaning) is insane.

Our english is not perfect so you lost us. We failed to understand the communication with double meaning. We didn't understand what's was wrong and what's was good. Talleyrand is supposed to have said: "I wonder what he meant by that?" :)

Very helpfull staff and very good hostel to stay, it's a great chance that I choose this hostel to stay. Good shower, good breakfast, clean toilets and free laundry. At reception you can find help like you are in Tourist Information Office, and you can always drink coffee or tea have good chat with staff.

Thank you !

Unclean, not the right room type available, no lockers (though advertised). Pillow and towels had a stench of smoke, and parts of the hostel (underground) were so so filthy. A dissapointment but reasonable location and staff tried to be helpful.

Excellent small friendly hostel representative of the local community. Helpful and interesting staff will make you feel at home. Highly recommended - 100%

We "try to be helpfull" offering cheap accomodation for the guests that really need to travel a lot and visit a lot of nice places. We like to share. Thank you !