Green Frog Hostel Reviews

Str. G-ral Dona nr.11, Bucharest, Romania

We booked our first night in the Green Frog Hostel. We arranged to split our nights accom, to do an overnight trip to Brasov, and the owners were very obliging. However when we returned to stay our final night they did not have a room to accommodate us despite us leaving our bags there.

You stayed at Green Frog Hostel for one night as per your booking. At return you had a booking for Green Olive Hostel and we are not in fault that we didn't have any availability for you. This is a revanging rating and it is not fair. You were probably transffered to another hostel at the same price and same condition even better.

Great hostel! We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were always helpful and friendly. Good wifi and the breakfast was a nice way to start the day!

• 21st Aug 2013

I have tears in my eyes for real. You showed me that the end of the world will never be. The human beings exists on this planet. Thank you !

Great hostel, very kind staff, recommanded!

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Israel

Unexpected ! After having been tortured you found the generosity to rate us so well ! Next time we will be nice and kind. It's a promise ! Best wishes ! :)

we enjoyed staying in this hostel. we were able to walk from the station, it is about 20 minutes walk. the area around the hostel is very quite and familiar, but it is not far to the city center (15 minutes walk). the breakfast was the best we had in romania, reallz really good and a great variety. The staff was very friendly and ambitioned and flexible.

very good atmosphere, quiete, fantastic host

Thank you !

Only stayed 1 night. There was a issues with my booking and when I got there was no bed for me. I ended up staying on the couch for free, which was comfy and fine . Great atosmphere staff were really friendly and helpfull . Breakfast was one of the better ones I've had

Indeed. Somebody extended the staying. We do thank you for undersating.

My stay at the Green Frog was amazing. The location was once of the residence of the owner's grandmother, and the care that is put in to it shows his love of the property and it's history. The room was great, with comfortable beds, and the breakfast was the best I had during my traveling in Romania. I will definitely be staying there again in the future!

• 4th Aug 2013

We do thank you !

Friendly staff. Good value for the money. They even did my laundry for free!

• 2nd Aug 2013

Staff was really helpful. Thank you again for everything!

Thank you !

The owners where nice pepople. We only stayed there for one night and they where very helpfull with everything. Rooms are clean, showers are good, cats are making you feel safe:) Keep an eye on the sneaky taxi drivers in Bucharest by the way...

This is hostel with best and most relaxing atmosphere that I felt in my short hostel history. Greetings for Christian and his "pisici". :)

Great little hostel that I really liked. Stalf were very friendly and I enjoyed my stay there :0)

We do appreciate to have you here for a week in a private room ! Hope to see you again ! Best wishes !

Very helpful staff!

- Slow email response rate. - Got lost finding it; it clearly needs a better description... make sure you look up the map of the area first! I didn't, and relied on the text instructions. Big mistake. It's misleading to suggest asking for the Ibis because it's NOT in the neighborhood of Ibis at all; the tip only refers to the DIRECTION to walk. It's much further down that road! - There is a nice common area for chatting with other guests. - Cute cats! - Nice shower!

The hostel is in the right place, according the directions. We are sorry you got so lost. In our area there are 3 others hostels, everybody find them and us according the correct directions. Regarding Ibis Hostel, we never mentioned we are located there. We mention it just to verify the right direction toward the city center (downtown) and not the toward Grant bridge. Calea Grivitei is a very long street that cross half of the town but this is not our fault. Check the map, of course !

This hostel is outstanding! I felt like home and the staff was so helpful and friendly, just really great :D

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Iceland

Thank you for staying with us !

This hostel was probably the best one I've ever stayed in. The staff members were incredibly nice and helpful! The breakfast that we were offered was also fantastic :) Would definitely stay there again!

We do thank you ! We were happy to have you here !

You can find very nice and welcoming people at this hostel, even if the cleanliness is not the best and it looks quite a bite messy, the atmosphere is very pleasant and the staff very kind really. It deserves a staying if you want to save money and you can trust people there.

It was simply great! No need to use transport, all reacheable by feet. Great friendly atmosphere, very special old building, quiet street. What else? - it is very "hostly" hostel😊, if you are looking for something like cheap hotel, you better don't chose it, cos it's not...

• 27th Jun 2013
  • Israel

Thank you ! We are not a hotel ! Our guests use to talk each other, share their experiences or simply have fun.

It's run by a brother and sister in a house that has been in the family for two generations. It's in the midst of renovation but everything was usable the others were friendly and it was about a 20 minute walk from the historic portion of buharest. Really lovely!

• 26th Jun 2013

Thank you for your fully understanding and gratitude ! We are out of words.

I had to delay my booking, and they didn't try to charge me for the day missed. There are human beings running this place! I was robbed by Meininger hostels in Vienna when I missed a train. So it's good to find compassionate people offering home to travelers. Go green frog!