Green Frog Hostel Reviews

Str. G-ral Dona nr.11, Bucharest, Romania

Great hostel for the price, good location to old town and Victoria Square and the center. Fun and very helpful staff!

• 5th Oct 2013

We do thank you !

excellent place to stay good hospitality

Thank you ! We hope to see you soon again !

A quiet location, but be aware of noisy guests. Several beds, but be aware of overbooking. No green frog, but be aware of mosquitoes. Extended breakfast included, but be aware of missing your train of you eat to much.

What ? "But be aware" of What ? There are some green frogs mascot right on the Front Desk and NO mosquitoes here. We enjoy the good jokes and we dislike the unfair low ratings which dissapoint and demotivate us a lot. "Be aware", this is small and quiet hostel, "several beds" and sometimes (rarely) we are overbooked .We are fair enough to admit and aware about so no need for help in this respect.. :)

I arrived late at night and had to wait for about an hour because the person in my bed had prolonged their stay - because of this I was upgraded from an eight bed room to a single room with no additional cost. Very forthcoming and polite staff.

Thank you !

Great breakfasts, fascinating mixture of travellers...

We booked our first night in the Green Frog Hostel. We arranged to split our nights accom, to do an overnight trip to Brasov, and the owners were very obliging. However when we returned to stay our final night they did not have a room to accommodate us despite us leaving our bags there.

You stayed at Green Frog Hostel for one night as per your booking. At return you had a booking for Green Olive Hostel and we are not in fault that we didn't have any availability for you. This is a revanging rating and it is not fair. You were probably transffered to another hostel at the same price and same condition even better.

Great hostel! We really enjoyed our stay. The staff were always helpful and friendly. Good wifi and the breakfast was a nice way to start the day!

• 21st Aug 2013

I have tears in my eyes for real. You showed me that the end of the world will never be. The human beings exists on this planet. Thank you !

Great hostel, very kind staff, recommanded!

• 19th Aug 2013
  • Israel

Unexpected ! After having been tortured you found the generosity to rate us so well ! Next time we will be nice and kind. It's a promise ! Best wishes ! :)

we enjoyed staying in this hostel. we were able to walk from the station, it is about 20 minutes walk. the area around the hostel is very quite and familiar, but it is not far to the city center (15 minutes walk). the breakfast was the best we had in romania, reallz really good and a great variety. The staff was very friendly and ambitioned and flexible.

very good atmosphere, quiete, fantastic host

Thank you !

Only stayed 1 night. There was a issues with my booking and when I got there was no bed for me. I ended up staying on the couch for free, which was comfy and fine . Great atosmphere staff were really friendly and helpfull . Breakfast was one of the better ones I've had

Indeed. Somebody extended the staying. We do thank you for undersating.

My stay at the Green Frog was amazing. The location was once of the residence of the owner's grandmother, and the care that is put in to it shows his love of the property and it's history. The room was great, with comfortable beds, and the breakfast was the best I had during my traveling in Romania. I will definitely be staying there again in the future!

• 4th Aug 2013

We do thank you !

Friendly staff. Good value for the money. They even did my laundry for free!

• 2nd Aug 2013

Staff was really helpful. Thank you again for everything!

Thank you !

The owners where nice pepople. We only stayed there for one night and they where very helpfull with everything. Rooms are clean, showers are good, cats are making you feel safe:) Keep an eye on the sneaky taxi drivers in Bucharest by the way...

This is hostel with best and most relaxing atmosphere that I felt in my short hostel history. Greetings for Christian and his "pisici". :)

Great little hostel that I really liked. Stalf were very friendly and I enjoyed my stay there :0)

We do appreciate to have you here for a week in a private room ! Hope to see you again ! Best wishes !

Very helpful staff!

- Slow email response rate. - Got lost finding it; it clearly needs a better description... make sure you look up the map of the area first! I didn't, and relied on the text instructions. Big mistake. It's misleading to suggest asking for the Ibis because it's NOT in the neighborhood of Ibis at all; the tip only refers to the DIRECTION to walk. It's much further down that road! - There is a nice common area for chatting with other guests. - Cute cats! - Nice shower!

The hostel is in the right place, according the directions. We are sorry you got so lost. In our area there are 3 others hostels, everybody find them and us according the correct directions. Regarding Ibis Hostel, we never mentioned we are located there. We mention it just to verify the right direction toward the city center (downtown) and not the toward Grant bridge. Calea Grivitei is a very long street that cross half of the town but this is not our fault. Check the map, of course !

Great place, very central (walking distance from main areas, also possible to walk from main station, but in a quiet back street), and very friendly and relaxed owners.