Green Frog Hostel Reviews

Str. G-ral Dona nr.11, Bucharest, Romania

This hostel is outstanding! I felt like home and the staff was so helpful and friendly, just really great :D

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Iceland

Thank you for staying with us !

This hostel was probably the best one I've ever stayed in. The staff members were incredibly nice and helpful! The breakfast that we were offered was also fantastic :) Would definitely stay there again!

We do thank you ! We were happy to have you here !

You can find very nice and welcoming people at this hostel, even if the cleanliness is not the best and it looks quite a bite messy, the atmosphere is very pleasant and the staff very kind really. It deserves a staying if you want to save money and you can trust people there.

It was simply great! No need to use transport, all reacheable by feet. Great friendly atmosphere, very special old building, quiet street. What else? - it is very "hostly" hostel😊, if you are looking for something like cheap hotel, you better don't chose it, cos it's not...

• 27th Jun 2013
  • Israel

Thank you ! We are not a hotel ! Our guests use to talk each other, share their experiences or simply have fun.

It's run by a brother and sister in a house that has been in the family for two generations. It's in the midst of renovation but everything was usable the others were friendly and it was about a 20 minute walk from the historic portion of buharest. Really lovely!

• 26th Jun 2013

Thank you for your fully understanding and gratitude ! We are out of words.

I had to delay my booking, and they didn't try to charge me for the day missed. There are human beings running this place! I was robbed by Meininger hostels in Vienna when I missed a train. So it's good to find compassionate people offering home to travelers. Go green frog!

No wifi was available because the owner didn't pay his bill. We had to sit at the staircase and steal his neighbour's wifi (which the owner told us to do!). The owner is not always around. Breakfast is just coffee.

It's a lie or a mistake or a confunsion or maybe worst, something about unffair competition. I remember that you were transferred you to another hostel that use to influence our guesst to give a low other hostels. It happened once with another hostel and the owner managed to prove by the help of a fair guest. I have asked your help and I didn't get it. Maybe you thought that is a joke and nobody will check out. Never happened that here.

Close to the downtown (15 minutes walking) and to the north station, the staff is kind and helpful. Small breakfast in the morning, internet is working properly. A good hostel.

Thank you.! I'm little bit confused about the good review and low rating. That's all.

the manager Christian was woderful person, thank you very much for your kindeness and helpfull.

The staff was really helpful and friendly. I was looking for a place to sleep one night close to train station and this hostel was simply good for this. I would choose them for next time too.

• 5th Jun 2013
  • Hungary

The manager was wonderful! We were able to check in at 7am after our flight, but be aware that the number on hostel world is not his number. We tried to call for directions and couldn't reach him. The location was great and made it easy to get to all the things we wanted to see. He arranged a special taxi to the airport for us at 4am and it only cost us 7 Euro. My only real complaints are that the shower doesn't stay hot. It goes hot then cold then hot and the place could use a deep cleaning.

The staff here are lovely people, I had a lovely long conversation with Cristian outside on the patio.

it is a great place in a very good location - halfway between the train station and the city centre, we loved everything about the place and the people who run it are very friendly and gave us a lot of useful information about the city - would defo stay there again :)

Thank you !!!

Incredible staff : their friendlyness makes it a wonderful place to stay ! Thank you !

Thank you !

Great location very close to The train station and a 30 minute walk down to the Old Town. Very clean, nice kitchen, hot water, everything you need. Very hospitable, thanks Marius. Now if they could just update their address on the Hostelworld site all would be good. At the moment if you go to the listed address you then have to walk back towards the station to the new place which is still being set up.

Thank you !

10 minutes walk from train station. 20 minute walk to city centre and old town. Lovely hosts that go out of their way to help you get the most out of your time in Bucharest. No aircon or fans in the rooms, and only 2 showers in the whole building. Lockers in the rooms. There was no breakfast, and tea/coffee was available however milk was not always there. Cleanliness in the kitchen was disappointing. Cake shop next door is worth a visit! Make sure you double check the address, they have moved!!

Outstanding hostel. Efficient and helpful staff. Great value.

Thank you ! We hope to see you again !

Very friendly Staff. Private atmosphere. Close to the city centre and central park, parliament building and railway station. Sehr freundliches Personal. Private Atmosphäre. In der Nähe der Innenstadt und dem Central Park, Parlamentsgebäude und dem Hauptbahnhof.

Thank You ! Hope to see you again !

Hostel is located very near to north train station. Staff is more than welcome. Value for money is excellent. Warm recommendation.

The hostel was a newly opened addition to the original Green Frog hostel, so it was not set up completely. The location is great, really close to the Gara Nord, a large market, and a park. The beds were comfortable, the staff helpful and relaxed, and the kitchen well stocked.