Green Frog Hostel Reviews

Str. G-ral Dona nr.11, Bucharest, Romania

We where relocated in their new place and it was such a mess. It seemed like it wasn´t prepared at all for guests. But the worst part was the staff. They were all night laughing and drinking beers while they were watching football or whatever, so we couldn´t sleep properly. And the next morning that we had to leave at 10.00 am (and we had to pay them) there was nobody at the hostel and we had to look for them all around until we found them sleeping upstairs. So we almost left without paying.

Our prices are so low due the fact that we are in a transition period after this long winter, general stringtime cleaning, re-organisational activities in order to prepare the hostel for the new season. As far, it was the "low booking" season. This is why our prices are so, so low. Thank you for mentioning the "staff" behaviour. They will know better who they are in fact. :)) . Nobody will ever pay them for destroying a business or being shameless to a place of work. Good to know !

Really great location and the staff is really nice. Though my friend and i waited for check-in for a long time, they offered us a discount. I think it is quite accpetable...overall, it is a nice hostel.

Loved it and very friendly hostess! plus they re moving to a new and better location soon!

So nice ! Today is 1-st of March. You have just brought us the springtime !!!! Nice trips ahead !!!

The first thing that I judge a hostel by is how I am received; prior to my stay, the reception is welcoming and assuring of any concerns I have. When I do arrive, I am greeted by the host with welcome arms and immediately treated like family or a close friend. And throughout my stay, I feel like I am AT home, rather than away in a foreign land. This all makes a huge difference in my traveling experience. This is why I love Green Frog. This is what sets it apart from the rest. Fiare vecchi luam!

We do thank you ! See you soon again !

Very new hostel with a kind service and cool personnel staff. i recommend for sure!!

• 1st Feb 2013
  • Spain

Unexpected nice rating...we need it.......but itis too much considering that the low booking season is not our favorite time...everything is like "under costruction" :)) We do thank you !

This is by far one of the best hostels that I've ever stayed at. It has a really great environment that makes you feel at home. Roxana (the lady that owns the hostel) also contributes to this. She is very welcoming, accommodating, and helpful. Throughout my stay at the hostel, they did nothing but try and help me and make things a heck of a lot easier than they normally would be. The shower is amazing and overall the bathroom is very clean. The hostel is in a great location, as well.

mmm generally speaking its good to stay there

• 31st Dec 2012
  • Taiwan

Really ? How nice you are ....

Cosy hostel in a great location. Staff are great to hang out with. Would stay there again!

The service in Green Frog Hostel is very good, as well as the hostel standard and location. We had got a nice, big room with salon in a very good price. the beds are comfortable and the bathroom is quite new. There is a tasty breakfast included! And service is very helpful and kind. recommended: after you book you room via internet it is good to contact Green Frog Hostel by phone to check that everything is ok. Green Frog is the best option in Bucharest! :)

• 28th Dec 2012
  • Poland

A relaxed and enjoyable hostel. Staff were super friendly (and gorgeous!) and there was an attractive homely like feeling to the place. A solid base to explore a fascinating city.

The staff were great. The first night I had issues with my room mates, 15german footbal fans there to see a game and have massive parties in the room. When I went and complined they were very accomidating and shifted me into a private room.

A great place I'll definitely visit again! This is more than what you can get in a hostel, everyone treat you as a friend, a good friend! I would like to live there as long as I can! And the breakfast is AWESOME!! Like it so much!

Thank you !

Staff was great, although my private dorm was not available due to previous guest extending their stay, I cut my stay down to move to a hotel. I did appreciate the airport pick-up but the charge was more than a taxi by 20 LEU.

A single private room was available for you but not a double bed room wich is booked usually by a couple (2 persons). we have only one double bed room because we are a small hostel and not a hotel. It is good toknow. The pick-up is the big problem for our guests, THE WAY FROM THE AIRPORT TO THE HOSTEL. Most of our guests were cheated and even rubbed by the taxi driver in front of the airport. They paid 200 Ron, 400 Ron, 600 Ron and even 1000 Ron (250 Euro) last week. This is why we offer the pick-up service and not to make profit or cheat pour guests. We pay the driver 15 Euro for the pick-up. This is cheapest price for a pick-up and you paid 10 Euroonly. When our guest need a taxi to go at the airport, it is easier, we call a fair taxi company that costs arround 40 Ron BUT nobody can find a fair taxi in front of the airport at the arrivals. Put yourself in the place of our guests that paid 1000 Ron last week and you'll see how they felt. I'm disapointed to excuse-us for a good thing we do. Generally speaking, It is so sad when we see that the people becamme so greedy and petty. The "new world" is not welcome here. It is too sad to face it. We'd rather close the hostel.

It was a very nice experience, the staff is very friendly and cooperative. Very homely environment. Loved the stay! :)

• 10th Nov 2012
  • Pakistan

Thank you !

Have a great time and will go to this hostel again if I'm going back to romania.

on arrival the staff were extremely friendly, gave me great advice and helpful tips on bucharest sightseeing, made me feel very comfortable and safe for the whole two days of my stay; easy conversation and a very family like atmosphere throughout the place.

• 28th Oct 2012

Greenfrog Hostel is definitely a pearl among all the hostels I've seen. Unsure if I'm going to like Bucharest & hostel, I booked 2 nights, then stayed here 4 weeks. Oops :)) Met many fine people here, had much fun and felt like home, as the good people of hostel took great care of me. This is one of the few places they really pay attention to their guests. Now, it's my last day here, but I will leave happy as I know I will be back next year.

We are sad for real....but...keep in touch !

Very nice price and good staff.. It's not close to both train station and tourist attractions

Great Hostel and very nice and helpful staff, had a nice stay there. For me, it was somewhat difficult to find the hostel in the evening, there is no sign or similar on the outside

We loved staying here! The breakfast was so yummy and the atmosphere was good. Possibly one of my favorite hostels!