Green Grass Hostel Reviews

Rua Herval , 427 Belem, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Friendly staff, very small hostel, small bathrooms, good breakfast but its served in a hot room, so milk/juice/yoghurt etc. are getting warm. A lot of noise from the street. Good location near metro, supermarked and restaurants. Easy to find, good description to find it. Sometimes hot water.

The breakfast can improve!

Though I stayed there only for one night, I had a good time. If you are coming from the airport, it is the perfect place to stay in. and..the receptionist is also very kind. Breakfast was not good btw.

The other comments are correct - the hostel is very compact - however, the staff were great and helpful, the breakfast was one of the best I've had, and the facilities are all excellently maintained. Though Belem is not that touristy, the hostel is around the corner from the metro, so everything is very close. Would happily stay here again.

This hostel is maybe not in the best location but it is made up for by the guy who runs the hostel, who is really friendly and worked hard to make me feel welcome, and took time out to help me find the the things I needed. I guess the downside, is it is a little short on space, but if you are only staying in Sao Paulo for a couple of nights it will be fine

The hostel is very small, not much common areas at all. The breakfast was not that good. It was close to a metro. The girl on reception was great.

Cheap and a very nice hostel in good localization, very close to the subway. Quite small, especially 6-bed female room. Great people, so you can feel like home :-)

• 3rd Oct 2013
  • Poland

Awesome hostel and great staff. The place was super easy to find and very conveniently situated near city centre. Gabriel made us feel right at home telling us about his 3 years in Ireland and made sure we had a great stay. The reception staff were also awesome, especially Isabella. Cheers guys!

Really nice staff, very helpful. Everything was clean. Breakfast was good, though my only complaint was that there was no fruit. Great location, near metro, police in the area, lots of little shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, places to eat. The building and rooms were very small, but such are the buildings in a big city.

We have enjoyed our stay here a lot. Sao Paulo was our first stop in Brasil and the hostel is located in a very nice area. Close to the metro station and many restaurants and stores around. The hostel staff is speaking English and the owner is very nice. He took us to a football match which was a very cool thing to do. Breakfast has been nice.

There are many reasons why I would recommend a stay for any traveller at Green Grass Hostel, but the best reason is that the staff really go out of their way to ensure that your stay in Sao Paulo is one that you will remember. They are friendly and knowledgable and will try their best to help you with any aspect of your trip, within the hostel or outside in the giant city of Sao Paulo. The hostel is located less than a block away from the Subway Metro & the complimentary breakfast was awesome.

The staff was so friendly here, there was a skinny girl working there that spent her time teaching me how to get around sao Paulo for a while, very friendly. Also the gentleman from france that worked at night was very friendly, although not a lot of room in the common areas they make up in helping you get around, even got a discount on a pub crawl. Thanks Green Grass.

I stayed at Green Grass for a couple of days during my stay in Sao Paulo. The hostel is located close to the metro station and is quite easy to find. The hostel is the best I have stayed at ever. The staff is very helpfull and nice. They also know a lot about Sao Paulo, what I consider importaint. Green Grass Hostel is also very clean and the cleaning lady makes the beds very nice. The breakfast is also very good! When we left Green Grass they drove us to the airport for 60 Reals!

Best hostel I've ever been! It's near a subway (metro) station, a supermarket, restaurants... it's awesome!

• 13th Jun 2013

I had 2 excellent stays. The directions via public transportation from airport were good. It was easy CHEAP to get there. The staff is warm and very helpful. Probably the only negatives were on my second stay, when more people were also there. One bathroom's trashcan was overflowing the whole time--it only needs to be changed more often. The bathroom itself was clean. And in another bathroom, the shower leaks onto as you sit on the toilet! But I would DEFINITely stay again--thank you!

• 24th May 2013

Really awesome staff, very happy to help with all sorts of problems and questions. The cleaning lady does a superb job, and is friendly too :)

The hostel is great, easy to find, the metro station is near, breakfest is good, staff are the best! Definetely recomended!

• 28th Mar 2013

It's located next to the metro. Very good. The stuff was very nice. Breakfast was realy good. We slept in a dorm of 6 next to the street and it was very very noisy from out side! But it's still recommended.

The hostel was clean and the stuff helpfull but the atmosphere was missing!!! I would not recommend this hostel to people who want to meet other travellers because there were not nice common areas at all and the bar was tiny, no bartender at all, no music or no people. The location was not the best because there was nothing going on in that area. Luckily it was a cheap place to stay wich was only positive thing to say about this hostel.

Fantastic staff, very helpful, beautiful property.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4