Green Guest House Reviews

5-7.Sumiyoshi Cho,Kagoshima City, Kagoshima pref, Kagoshima, Japan

Only spent one night here, but it was clean and quiet and the staff was helpful.

Extremely friendly and helpful staff, tidy rooms and showers, nice common area, very close to the ferry terminals and dorms provided with dividers that provide some privacy. I did really have pleasant stay and I’d probably stay again if I go back to Kagoshima.

Awesome place, the capsule beds are extremely spacious and staff was very, very kind in accommodating room switches. Very satisfied with my experience at the Green Guest House, will definitely return if my travels bring me back to Kagoshima!!!

Quite close to the port where you can take high-speed ferry to tanegashima, yakushima, and sakurashima. So quite convenient. The air-conditioner there was not working properly during my stay there and it was very hot.

Thank you for staying with us.We are sorry for inconvenience conditions on that hot day. In the next day, we found out the air conditioning is broken at the Male Dormitory. However,we repaired it and now no more problems with it. Please stay comfortable next time by all means. Thank you.

The air-conditioner was not really working, so it was very hot during my stay there. But the location is very good if you want to go to sakura-shima, tanega-shima or yaku-shima.

Just stayed in Kagoshima one night to take the ferry boat for yakushima the day after. It isnt a beautiful hostel but very well located, 5-6 minutes from the ferry boat port. It was good just for one night!

Loved everything, thanks so much for a really nice stay.

Staff was helpful. Let us drop off our stuff earlier so we could travel light. WiFi is available and strong enough to Skype without problem. It is well equipped with showers, washing machine, fridges and a functional kitchen. Location is close a couple minutes walk from Izurodoori tram station. Also minutes away from the port, The traffic next tot he hostel causes the beds to shake during the night. In summer, even with AC, the dorms are stuffy and it may be difficult to sleep.

lovely staff who are a little shy but very friendly. my first evening, one of them took me out forthe evening to go to the festival that was on in the town. A really kind thing to do and I had great fun. It was not noisy despite being on the main road, but the beds do actually shake when a truck goes past and that was weird but no problem. Location is really close to the ferry terminals, useful if you arehedng off to Sakurajima or further to Yagushima etc.

Friendly and helpful staff. Walkable from train station, perfect location for taking any of the ferries. Kitchen a tad small when busy, but with open rooftop and large common room/bar area plenty of space to relax and socialise. Had a great stay here.

The places is very good, the staff are awesome, and you can sleep very good (I was worried because in other reviews people were complaining about the noises of the cars but you actually do not feel anything). The Staff that work there are so helpful, they always help you and know the best tips, thanks for everything, you are really cool people. Jesus from Spain.

Close to the harbour and a bit further from the city center. I really enjoyed my stay the staff was very friendly and the facilities are really good to. Don't miss the rooftop terrace.

Nice Hostel! Very conveniently located for the ferry ports to Sakurajima, Yakushima and Okinawa. Friendly and helpful staff.

Great Hostel and a million times better than Little Asia! Very clean, very friendly and great

The location is easy to reach and close to the ferries. There were a bit too much beds in the rooms (female dorm), so as a non asian person, I had a bit difficulties to climb in my bed although I didn't even have the upper bed.. Otherwise everything was ok. Stuff was friendly but very unflexible, I wanted to move a night but couldn't, I had to cancel it, lose my money and book a new one.

Very noisy dorms, the bed is moving because of it. Location is good, very cheap hostel.

Conveniently located, close to the ferry terminal. However, since this is a small building right next to the main road, it is always noisy, even during the night.

Staff's English was not so good and the building is constantly shaking due to heavy traffic passing by, but the value and location can't be beat as far as hostels go, especially for access to ferries.

While perhaps a bit out of the way, the beds were pretty comfortable, and it was very cheap and clean, so overall pretty good as a stop-over.