Green Guest House Reviews

5-7.Sumiyoshi Cho,Kagoshima City, Kagoshima pref, Kagoshima, Japan

Staff was helpful. Let us drop off our stuff earlier so we could travel light. WiFi is available and strong enough to Skype without problem. It is well equipped with showers, washing machine, fridges and a functional kitchen. Location is close a couple minutes walk from Izurodoori tram station. Also minutes away from the port, The traffic next tot he hostel causes the beds to shake during the night. In summer, even with AC, the dorms are stuffy and it may be difficult to sleep.

lovely staff who are a little shy but very friendly. my first evening, one of them took me out forthe evening to go to the festival that was on in the town. A really kind thing to do and I had great fun. It was not noisy despite being on the main road, but the beds do actually shake when a truck goes past and that was weird but no problem. Location is really close to the ferry terminals, useful if you arehedng off to Sakurajima or further to Yagushima etc.

Friendly and helpful staff. Walkable from train station, perfect location for taking any of the ferries. Kitchen a tad small when busy, but with open rooftop and large common room/bar area plenty of space to relax and socialise. Had a great stay here.

The places is very good, the staff are awesome, and you can sleep very good (I was worried because in other reviews people were complaining about the noises of the cars but you actually do not feel anything). The Staff that work there are so helpful, they always help you and know the best tips, thanks for everything, you are really cool people. Jesus from Spain.

Close to the harbour and a bit further from the city center. I really enjoyed my stay the staff was very friendly and the facilities are really good to. Don't miss the rooftop terrace.

Nice Hostel! Very conveniently located for the ferry ports to Sakurajima, Yakushima and Okinawa. Friendly and helpful staff.

Great Hostel and a million times better than Little Asia! Very clean, very friendly and great

The location is easy to reach and close to the ferries. There were a bit too much beds in the rooms (female dorm), so as a non asian person, I had a bit difficulties to climb in my bed although I didn't even have the upper bed.. Otherwise everything was ok. Stuff was friendly but very unflexible, I wanted to move a night but couldn't, I had to cancel it, lose my money and book a new one.

Very noisy dorms, the bed is moving because of it. Location is good, very cheap hostel.

Conveniently located, close to the ferry terminal. However, since this is a small building right next to the main road, it is always noisy, even during the night.

Staff's English was not so good and the building is constantly shaking due to heavy traffic passing by, but the value and location can't be beat as far as hostels go, especially for access to ferries.

While perhaps a bit out of the way, the beds were pretty comfortable, and it was very cheap and clean, so overall pretty good as a stop-over.

The staff were very good to help me book accommodation. Met some great people there.

The bunk beds are horrible! I thought there was an earthquake because the beds rocked all night. Extremely wobbly and uncomfortable. All of my friends, in different bunks, had the same problem. I barely slept that night. Common areas are small, kitchen could not sit more than five people. Staff is rarely at the desk, you have to hit a buzzer. Rooms do not lock. Rooms were very hot at night. Two flights of stairs to rooms, then another flight for the dorms. No elevators. Carry your stuff

Good hostel, though a bit noisy if the windows are open... But location is perfect to take the ferries. Good kitchen too. I recommend it.

Pretty good place, I'd stay there again. Thin walls so noise could be an issue. Biggest issue is the office hours are not posted on HostelWorld. They are closed in the middle of the day so if you lug you bags there you may have to lug them back to where you can lock them up until they open. It would be nice if they posted their office hours.

An excellent hostel. Loved the capsule, the facilities, the atmosphere and , well everything. Thanks.

Loved my stay here! Thanks so much.

Ok so I have stayed here twice staying in the mix dorm on the 3rd floor and guys dorm on the 4th floor. Pro of the capsule style in the mix is good private space and nice space. Con its next to the kitchen area or lounge so in the early morning its hard to sleep as you hear people talk and making noises in the Am. The 4th floor mix is better when it came down to being able to sleep. The hostel itself is close to the ports to travel out. Its about a 10-15 walk from the main strip of tenmonkan.